Daily GK Update 17th , 18th April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 17 , 18 April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Italy launches first ever mega food park & food processing unit in India
- Italy launches its first ever mega food park project in India, at Fanidhar in Mehsana district of Gujarat.
- Aims: The project aims to create synergy between agriculture and industry of the two countries and focuses on the research and development of new and more efficient technologies in the sector. With this Italy also aims to explore the great opportunities offered by the Indian market.
Note: About Italy
- Capital: Rome
- Currency: Euro
- President: Sergio Mattarella
Banking & Financial
Citigroup to exit consumer banking business in India
- Citigroup on 16th April Announced it will exit its retail banking business in India and 12 other countries, choosing to deploy its capital and resources in investments that offer better returns and growth.
- The move will see the bank also exit consumer businesses across parts of Asia and the Europe, including Australia and China. It will, however, retain its consumer-banking franchise in the four wealth centres in Singapore, Hong Kong, the United Arab Emirates and London.
- The exits were announced as Citigroup reported record quarterly profit, boosted by income from blank-cheque companies that it helped take public. Jane Fraser, who took charge as chief executive on 1 March, is trying to boost profitability by focusing on more lucrative parts of Citigroup’s businesses.
Note: About Citi group
- Headquarters: New York
- Founded: 16 June 1812
RBL Bank Mastercard partner to offer first-of its-kind payment functionality
- RBL Bank and Mastercard have announced their partnership to launch a mobile-based consumer-friendly payment solution ‘Pay by Bank App’, a first-of-its-kind payment functionality in India.
- To provide enhanced security, ‘Pay by Bank App’ ensures that Bank customer’s payment credentials are never exposed to the merchant, making the transaction completely secure. Customers will continue to receive the Mastercard consumer protection benefits that they currently enjoy on their debit cards.
Note: About RBL
- Founded: August 1943;
- Headquarters: Mumbai;
- MD & CEO: Vishwavir Ahuja.
Ayushmann Khurrana roped in as TECNO’s India brand ambassador for 2021
- The actor will be seen spearheading the new TECNO SPARK 7 campaign launched in India on April 9 and will go on sale at Amazon on April 16. He will feature in campaigns across SPARK, POVA, CAMON smartphone series.
- “TECNO has established itself as one of the leading smartphone brands in India with its consistency towards delivering excellent products with stylish designs and innovative features at the most competitive price.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- United Nations goodwill ambassador (UNFPA)- Russian supermodel and philanthropist Natalia Vodianova
- NeoGrowth: Ajinkya Rahane
- Digit Insurance: Virat Kohli
- VIVO-Virat Kohli
- Elista: Suresh Raina
8th edition Indo-Kyrgyz Special Forces Exercise ‘Khanjar’ Flags off
- The 8th edition Indo-Kyrgyz Joint Special Forces Exercise “Khanjar” was inaugurated at the Special Forces Brigade of National Guards of the Kyrgyz Republic in Bishkek, the capital of the host Kyrgyzstan.
- The Indian contingent for the exercise and felicitated their role as a bridge in promoting the shared mountain and nomadic heritage of both nations.
Note: About Exercise
- Prabal Dostyk– India and Kazakhstan
- KAZIND-India and Kazakhstan
- Dustlik-India & Uzbekistan
Asian Wrestling Championships: Vinesh Phogat, Anshu Malik and Divya Kakran win gold medals
- India women win four gold medals in Asian Wrestling Championships in Almaty, Kazakhstan, Vinesh Phogat in 53-kg, Anshu Malik in 57-kg, Divya Kakran in 72-kg and Sarita Mor in 59-kg.
- India has a rich haul of seven medals from the women’s event as the country won four gold, a silver and two bronze medals in this edition.
NASA to launch SpaceX Crew 2 on April 22
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is set to launch four astronauts to the International Space Station on World Earth Day (April 22). NASA is to launch the mission along with SpaceX. It is the second crewed operational flight of Crew Dragon Spacecraft.
- The mission will transport four scientists to the International Space Station. The astronauts to travel to the International Space Station are from NASA, JAXA and ESA.
17 April – World Haemophilia Day
- World Haemophilia Day is observed on 17 April every year to increase awareness about haemophilia disease and other inherited bleeding disorders.
- In 1989, World Haemophilia Day was started by the World Federation of Haemophilia (WFH) in honour of WFH founder Frank Schnavel’s birthday.
- Theme 2021: “Adapting to Change”.
Tamil actor Vivek passes away at 59
- Tamil actor Vivek passed away in a Chennai hospital early on 17th April following a cardiac arrest. He was 59.
- Vivek was launched by legendary filmmaker K Balachander in the late 1980s. He went on to become one of the most sought after comedy actors of Tamil cinema in the 1990s and retained a stronghold in the industry.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|