Daily GK Update 17 May 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 16th May 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Himachal Government launches ‘Ayush Ghar-Dwar’ program
- Himachal Government has launched the ‘Ayush Ghar-Dwar’ program to keep the home isolated Covid-19 positive patients healthy by practising Yoga. This program has been started by the Department of AYUSH in collaboration with the Art of Living organisation.
- Yoga Bharti’s instructors would provide their services in the program. During the launch, about 80 home isolated Covid positive patients from all over the state were also connected virtually.
Note: About Himachal Pradesh
- Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya;
- CM: Jai Ram Thakur.
- Capitals: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
Bata India appoints former Britannia COO Gunjan Shah as CEO
- Bata India on May 14 announced that it has appointed Britannia’s former chief commercial, Gunjan Shah, as its new chief executive officer.
- Shah will take over from Sandeep Kataria, who was elevated as the Global CEO of Bata Brands in November last year. He will join Bata in June 2021.
List of Some World’s Top Company and CEOs or MD
- Microsoft-Satya Nadella
- Apple– Tim Cook
- Amazon– Andy Jessy
- HP– Enrique Lores
- Ericsson– Börje Ekholm
- Google– Sundar Pichai
- HCL Technologies-C Vijayakumar
- IBM-Arvind Krishna
Y Nuklu Phom won prestigious Whitley Award 2021 for his ‘biodiversity peace corridor’
- A church worker from Nagaland has won the Whitley Award, also known as the ‘Green Oscar’, for his efforts to create a network of community-owned forests in the state and protect the rare Amur falcon.
- In his forties, Nuklu Phom is the only Indian to win the prestigious award — awarded annually to individuals from the Global South by UK-based charity the Whitley Fund for Nature (WFN)—this year.
- Over the years, Phom has been working towards creating what he calls a “Biodiversity Peace Corridor”, a network of villages across four districts in Nagaland to promote community conservation. The idea is an extension of the “Yaongyimchen Community Biodiversity Area”, a ten-sq-km area in Yaongyimchen, Phom’s ancestral village in Longleng district, where he set up a community-based conservation model.
Miss Universe 2021: Mexico’s Andrea Meza Won the Crown
- After a tough competition with 73 other candidates, Miss Mexico Andrea Meza has been crowned the 69th Miss Universe during a three-hour televised competition held at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Hollywood in Florida.
List of Rank
- 2nd Spot: Miss Brazil Julia Gama
- 3rd Spot: Miss Peru Janick Maceta del Castillo
- 4th Spot: Miss India Adeline Castelino
Miss Universe from India
- 1994- Sushmita Sen
- 2000- Lara Dutta
FA Cup: Leicester Beat Chelsea To Won Title For First Time
- Leicester won the FA Cup for the first time in the club’s 137-year history on 15th May as Youri Tielemans’s sensational strike beat Chelsea 1-0 at Wembley in England.
- Leicester players and fans celebrated the decision like a goal and were in raptures again moments later after seeing out a nervy finale.
Barcelona beats Chelsea 4-0 to win Women’s Champions League final for first time
- Barcelona’s slow start two years ago doomed its European dream so this time it came out firing against Chelsea, scoring after just 32 seconds en route to a 4-0 victory and its first Women’s Champions League title on 16th May.
- Barça is the first team from Spain to win Europe’s top club competition, which had been dominated recently by seven-time champions Lyon.
Rafael Nadal beats World No 1 Novak Djokovic for 10th Rome Open title
- World No. 3 Spaniard Rafael Nadal on 16th May overcame a mid-match surge from No. 1-ranked Serbian Novak Djokovic to win the Italian Open final 7-5, 1-6, 6-3 in two hours and 50 minutes for his 10th title.
- The victory also earned Nadal a 36th ATP Masters 1000 crown, equalling Djokovic’s all-time record, since the series was established in 1990.
China’s First Mars Rover ‘ZhuRong’ Successfully Lands on Mars
- China successfully achieved the feat of landing its first Mars Rover ‘Zhu Rong’ on the red planet, on May 15, 2021, becoming the only second nation to do so.
- Till date, only the United States has successfully landed its rover on Mars. All other countries that have tried have either crashed or lost contact soon after reaching the surface.
17 May: World Telecommunication Day
- World Telecommunication Day (WTD) is celebrated every year on May 17 to highlight the role of Information and Communication Technology in today’s world.
- The day is also celebrated to mark the anniversary of the founding of International Telecommunication Union (ITU) on May 17, 1865, the occasion on which the first International Telegraph Convention was signed in Paris, France.
- Theme 2021:‘Accelerating digital transformation in challenging times’
16 May: National Dengue Day
- In India, the National Dengue Day is observed every year on 16 May.
- The day is an initiative by the Ministry of Healthy and Family Welfare, to raise awareness about dengue and its preventive measures, and preparedness for control of the vector-borne disease before the transmission season begins.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|