Current Affairs 18th and 19th June 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu became the largest state in outstanding microfinance loan
- Tamil Nadu replaced Bihar and West Bengal to become the largest state in terms of outstanding portfolio of microfinance loans.
- It followed by Bihar with Rs 35,941 crore and West Bengal with Rs 34,016 crore.
- The gross loan portfolio of Tamil Nadu as of March stood at Rs 36,806 crore, as per the MFIN Micrometer Institution Network.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital – Chennai
- Chief Minister – MK Stalin
- Governor – RN Ravi
Pune will host Maharashtra’s first theatre festival dedicated to mental health
- Maharashtra is set to witness its first theatre festival dedicated to mental health in
- Three plays, centered around the theme of mental health, will be showcased at the Manasrang Theatre Festival at The Box, on the occasion of ‘Marathi Rangbhoomi Din’.
- Capital – Mumbai
- CM- Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor – Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Ladakh signed tripartite MoU to set up India’s first dark sky reserve at Hanle in Ladakh
- The tripartite agreement was signed between the UT administration, LAHDC Leh and Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) in presence of Lt Governor R K Mathur.
- The dark sky reserve at Hanley will prove beneficial to the scientific community and also contribute to the economy of the people of Changthang.
- A dark sky sanctuary promotes proper illumination where and when it is needed without wasting energy and polluting other areas, especially the night sky, which does not require illumination.
- This is not India’s first astro tourism spot. We have the renowned Jantar Mantar in Jaipur but Hanle Dark Sky Reserve (HDSR) will surely be India’s first designated dark sky reserve.
Education Minister inaugurated National Yoga Olympiad 2022
- Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has inaugurated National Yoga Olympiad 2022 and quiz competition in New Delhi.
- The National Yoga Olympiad is being organised jointly by the Ministry of Education and the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
- The Olympiad 2022 will be participated by about 600 students from 26 states/UTs and Demonstration Multipurpose Schools of Regional Institutions of Education.
- Theme of this year – Yoga For Humanity
Israel and Haryana government signed joint declaration on water cooperation
- Israel government has signed a joint declaration with Haryana in integrated water resource management and capacity building.
- Both countries are celebrating 30 years of full diplomatic relations.
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: New Shekel
- President: Isaac Herzog
- Prime Minister: Naftali Bennett
Indian’s funds in Swiss banks jump 50% to over Rs 30 lakh crore in 2021
- Funds parked by Indian individuals and firms in Swiss banks, including through India-based branches and other financial institutions, jumped to a 14-year-high of 3.83 billion Swiss francs (over Rs 30,500 crore) in 2021, according to annual data from Switzerland’s central bank
- The rise in aggregate funds of Indian clients with Swiss banks, from 2.55 billion Swiss francs (Rs 20,700 crore) at the end of 2020, marks the second consecutive year of increase.
- In terms of assets (or funds due from customers), Indian clients accounted for CHF 4.68 billion at the end of 2021, up nearly 10 per cent. This included dues from Indian customer’s worth about CHF 323 million after a rise of 25 per cent during the year.
- The UK has topped the charts for foreign clients’ money in Swiss banks at CHF 379 billion, followed by the US (CHF 168 billion) at the second place – the only two countries with 100-billion-plus client funds.
- Others in the top 10 were West Indies, Germany, France, Singapore, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, Bahamas, the Netherlands, Cayman Islands and Cyprus respectively.
- India was placed at 44th place, ahead of countries like Poland, South Korea, Sweden, Bahrain, Oman, New Zealand, Norway, Mauritius, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Hungary and Finland.
- In BRICS nations, India stood below Russia (15th place) and China (24th), but above South Africa and Brazil.
About Swiss Bank
- Founded – 1854
- Headquarters – Base, Switzerland
- Chairman – Thomas Jordan (Switzerland)
India and European Union resume negotiations for India-EU free trade agreement after 9 years
- India and European have re-launched negotiations for India-EU Free Trade Agreement after a gap of 9 year.
- The negotiations have at an event held at the European Union headquarters in Brussels.
- Among the most significant FTAs for India as the EU is its 2nd largest trading partner.
- India –EU merchandise trade registered and all time high value of 116.36 billion dollars in 2021-22 with a year on growth of 43.5 percent.
About European Union
- Foundation : 1958
- Headquarters : Brussels, Belgium
- Membership : 27 Countries
- President of the Commission : Ursula von der Leyen
- President of the European Council : Charles Michel
- Presidency of the Council of the EU : Slovenia
China launched third aircraft carrier named Fujian
- China has launched its third aircraft named Fujian which is the most advanced as well as the first fully domestically built naval vessel of China.
- The aircraft carrier named ‘Fujian’ was launched at a brief ceremony held at the Shanghai’s Jiangnan Shipyard.
- Fujian is the name of China’s eastern coastal province of Fujian.
- China’s first aircraft carrier, Liaoning, is so far the only Chinese aircraft carrier with the initial operational capability or the basic level of combat readiness.
- Capital – Beijing
- Currency – Yuan
- President – Xi Jinping
Banking and Financial
Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance rebranded as Canara HSBC Life Insurance
- Canara HSBC and Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance have rebranded and renamed itself as Canara HSBC Life Insurance.
- Canara HSBC Life has renamed itself as Canara HSBC Life Insurance following its third partner Punjab National Bank decision to exit.
- PNB had acquires a stake in the company following the amalgamation of the Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC).
Bengaluru Airport named best regional airport in India and South Asia at 2022 Skytrax World Airport Awards
- Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru has bagged the Best Regional Airport in India and South Asia title in the 2022 Skytrax World Airport Awards.
- According to a global survey of air passengers said it had the best customer service, from check-in to departures, arrivals, and transfers, and from security and immigration, to shopping, the survey evaluates consumer experience across airport service.
- The awards ceremony was held at Passenger Terminal EXPO in France on June 16.
Los Angles, Toronto, Mexico City named among host cities for FIFA World Cup 2026
- Los Angles, Toronto, and Mexico City have been named among the host cities for the FIFA World Cup 2026 in the US, Canada and Mexico.
- This is the first in when the tournament will be shared by three different countries.
About USA, Canada, Mexico
- USA : Capital – Washington DC , Currency – Dollar
- Canada : Capital – Ottawa, Currency – Canadian dollar
- Mexico : Capital – Mexico City, Currency – Mexican pesos
Neeraj Chopra won his first gold medal of 2022 at Kuortane Games in Finland
- Olympic gold medalist javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra bagged his first gold medal of 2022 at Kuortane Games in Finland.
- Chopra won the event with a best throw of 86.69 meters.
- Earlier this week, Chopra clinched silver medal at Paavo Nurmi Games with a national record-breaking throw of 30 meters.
India won FIH Women’s Hockey Pro-League Tournament after defeating Argentina
- Indian Women’s Hockey Team has won FIH Women’s Hockey Pro-League Tournament after defeating Argentina by four goal to three.
- First match of the tournament was played at Rotterdam in the Netherlands.
Fédération Internationale de Hockey (FIH):
- Founded: 7 January 1924, Paris, France
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- CEO: Thierry Weil
- President: Dr Narinder Dhruv Batra
Government announced 10% reservation for Agniveers in CAPFs, Assam Rifiles
- The central government announced a 10% reservation for Agniveers in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) and Assam Rifiles recruitment.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs also decided to grant 3 years age relaxation to Agniveers in the CAPFs and Assam Rifles who are between the ages of 17.5 and 21.
18 June – Autistic Pride Day
- Autistic Pride Day 2022 is observed all over the world as public awareness on June 18thof this current year.
- The first Autistic Pride Day was observed in Brazil in 2005 and the day was founded by Gareth and Amy Nelson.
- The day is said to be established by an organization named Aspies for Freedom in Brazil in 2005 in order to make the public aware of the condition and celebrate the similarities and differences among persons with autism.
- Theme 2022 – Inclusion in the Workplace: Challenges and Opportunities in a Post-Pandemic World.
18 June – Sustainable Gastronomy Day
- June 18 marks the occasion of Sustainable Gastronomy Day.
- This United Nations-designated day is observed to highlight the role that sustainable gastronomy plays in terms of sustainable development.
- The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed World Sustainable Gastronomy Day in 21 December 2016 and first celebrated in 2017.
18 June – International Picnic Day
- International Picnic Day is celebrated annually on June 18.
- On this day, people spend time with their loved ones and go for picnic to get a break from their monotonous everyday routine.
- The word picnic comes from the French word ‘pique-nique’ which means a social event where each guest contributes a share of the food.
18 June – International Day for Countering hate Speech
- The world marks International Day for Countering Hate Speech on 18 June.
- To highlight the need for combating hate speech and promoting tolerance and dialogue between different communities.
- This year marks the first time the day will be observed.
- In July 2021, the UN General Assembly highlighted global concern over “the exponential spread and proliferation of hate speech” around the world and adopted intercultural dialogue and tolerance in countering hate speech.
19 June 2022 – Father’s Day
- Father’s Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June every year. This year, it will be celebrated on 19 June 2022.
- This day is dedicated to all the fathers around the world. Father’s Day is celebrated to express one’s respect and love for fathers and to cherish the father figures in one’s life.
- Father’s Day was founded in the US by one Sonora Smart Dodd.
19 June – International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict
- The International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict is an international event conducted by the United Nations (UN) on June 19 every year.
- The purpose of this day to raise awareness about conflict-related sexual violence.
- On June 19, 2008, the 15-member United Nations Security Council adopted resolution 1820, to condemn sexual violence and rape during wars as crimes against humanity and war crimes, equated with genocide. The date was declared International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict.
- Theme 2022 – Prevention as Protection: Enhancing structural and operational prevention of conflict-related sexual violence.
19 June – World Sickle Cell Day
- World Sickle Cell Day is observed on June 19 every year to raise awareness and understanding about the sickle cell disease.
- Sickle Cell Disease is a group of disorders that impact hemoglobin, the molecule in red blood cells which deliver oxygen to cells throughout the body.
- Symptoms of the disease are usually visible at the age of 5 months and change over time. Some of the common symptoms include pain, anemia, frequent infections, swelling of hands and feet and vision problem.
- Theme 2022 – Screen and Care for Sickle Cell Disease
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs