Current Affairs 18th July 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Government approves extension of RoSCTL scheme till March 2024 for textiles exporters
- The Centre has extended the Scheme for Rebate of State and Central Taxes and Levies (RoSCTL) till March 2024 to boost exports and job creation in the textile sector.
- After this decision, the rates of exports of apparel and garments will continue the same as earlier.
- After the introduction of GST in 2017, the RoSL (Rebate of State Levies) scheme was replaced by a new scheme RoSCTL in 2019.
- The move is aimed at enhancing competitiveness of the labor-intensive textiles sector.
Govt launched ‘Jagriti’ mascot for empowering consumers and generating awareness towards their rights
- The Department of Consumer Affairs has launched Jagriti, a mascot for empowering consumers and generating awareness towards their rights.
- Jagriti will be projected as an empowered consumer who is spreading awareness about consumer rights and addressing solutions to the problems faced by the consumers.
- Jagriti mascot shall be shown along with tagline ‘Jago Grahak Jago’ in all its media campaigns.
- The ‘Jagriti’ mascot will be used to generate consumer awareness about various themes of the Department.
Census Data Workstation inaugurated at IIT Delhi
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi has inaugurated a new census workstation at the Economics Lab of Department of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- The Census Data Workstation shall help spread awareness about the extensive amount of data colleges during Census operations in the country.
- The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India, Dr Vivek Joshi inaugurated the Census Data Workstation. The new workstation seeks to facilitate access to census microdata for academicians and researchers.
India’s first e-waste eco park to be established in Holambi Kalan in Delhi
- Delhi Environment Minister Gopal Rai announced the government’s plan to develop India’s first e-waste eco park in Holambi Kalan in Delhi in an area of about 21 acres.
- Delhi produces over two lakh tonnes of e-waste every year, or about 9.5 percent of the total amount produced in India, and only five per cent of the generated e-waste is properly recycled.
- Delhi is the fifth-largest producer of e-waste in India, after Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
Kerala becomes first state to have its own internet service
- Kerala has announced that it has become the first and only state in the country to have its own internet service.
- It was announced when the Kerala Fiber Optic Network Ltd (KFON) received the Internet Service Provider (ISP) license from the Dept of Telecommunications.
- What is KFON?
K-Fon or Kerala Fiber Optic Network Limited is a state government initiative that aims to eliminate the digital gap. As per the government, the infrastructure created by this project is expected to complement the state’s current telecom ecosystem.
Aim – Create a core network infrastructure (information highway) with non-discriminatory access to all service providers so that they can augment their connectivity gap.
Provide a reliable, secure and scalable intranet connecting all government offices, educational institutions, hospitals, etc.
Partner with Multiple System Operators, Telecommunication Service Providers, and Internet Service Providers for providing free internet to economically backward households.
- According to the K-Fon website, The K-Fon network will function as a strong foundation for all government-to-government, government-to-citizens and business-to-citizens interactions. However, to achieve the goals, the state intends to build a state-wide core optical fibre network that will connect more than 30,000 government organizations, as well as while using the K-Fon infrastructure, it wants to provide free internet to economically disadvantaged families and subsidized internet to others. It was launched in 2019.
- Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor – Arif Mohammad Khan
Telangana government partnered with UNDP for Data in Climate Resilient Agriculture (DiCRA)
- The Telangana government has joined hands with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to add Data in Climate Resilient Agriculture (DiCRA) to the Digital Public Goods Registry.
- DiCRA is a first-of-its-kind digital solution that aims to strengthen food systems and food security by the use of Artificial Intelligence (Al) technology.
- DiCRA will help farmers mitigate the effects of climate change on their crops and livestock.
- DiCRA now joins more than 100 digital solutions that adhere to privacy and other applicable laws and best practices to help attain Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- NASSCOM partnered with Google for DigiVaani Call Center
- RBI and Bank Indonesia signed an MoU to improve mutual cooperation
- RIL partnered with Athletics Federation of India to support Indian Athlete
- Vedanta partners with IIT Madras incubated startup
- SBICAP Ventures Ltd (SVL) signed an MoU with MEA for Trilateral Development Cooperation Fund
Tata Steel to invest Rs 12,000 crore in FY23 on India, Europe operations
- Tata Steel has planned capital expenditure (capex) of Rs 12,000 crore on its India and Europe operations during the current financial year (FY23).
- The domestic steel major plans to invest Rs 8,500 crore in India and Rs 3,500 crore on the company’s operations in Europe
- In India, the focus will be on the Kalinganagar project expansion and mining activity, and in Europe it will be focused on sustenance, product mix enrichment and environment-related capex.
- The company is in process of expanding capacity of its plant in Kalinganagar, Odisha to 8 MT from 3 MT. Tata Steel recently also spent Rs 12,100 crore on the acquisition of Odisha based steel mill NINL.
Facebook-owner Meta released first annual human rights report
- Facebook owner Meta has released its first annual human rights report following years of accusations that it turned a blind eye to online abuses that fueled real-world violence in places like India and Myanmar.
- The report, which covers due diligence performed in 2020 and 2021, includes a summary of a controversial human rights impact assessment of India by law firm Foley Hoag.
British government launched ‘Aviation Passenger Charter’ to help passengers know their rights
- The British government has launched an ‘Aviation Passenger Charter’ to help passengers know their rights if they are faced with problems at airports after the widespread disruption seen this year.
- It has been developed by the British government in partnership with the aviation sector & travel industry.
- The new charter will help passengers know what to do if they are confronted by cancellations, delays or missing baggage, the government said, with guidance on how to complain if they feel they have been treated unfairly.
- Last month, the government published a 22-point support plan to avoid further disruption, including telling airlines to run “realistic” summer schedules and promising to speed up security checks.
Appointment and Resignation
Ashish Kumar Chauhan appointed as the next MD & CEO of NSE
- The National Stock Exchange (NSE) has announced the appointment of Ashish Kumar Chauhan as its new managing director and CEO.
- He will succeed Vikram Limaye whose 5-year term ended on 16 July 2022.
- Chauhan was one of the founders of NSE where he worked from 1992 to 2000. He is best known as the father of modern financial derivatives in India due to his work at NSE.
- Director General of Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports (FIFS) – Joy Bhattacharjya
- India’s next Ambassador to Bhutan – Sudhakar Dalela
- NaBFID Managing Director – G Rajkiran Rai (recommend)
- Additional charge as NIACL CMD – Madhulika Bhaskar
- New president of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) -T Raja Kumar
- MD and CEO of Aviva India Life Insurance Company – Asit Rath
IndiGo appointed M Damodaran as non-independent non-executive director
- InterGlobe Aviation, the parent company of IndiGo airline, board has approved the appointment of former SEBI Chairman M Damodaran as non-independent non-executive director.
- Damodaran (a retired IAS office) was Chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) from February 2005 to February 2008.
- On May, Venkataramani Sumantran was appointed as the chairman of the board of directors of InterGlobe Aviation.
INS Sindhudhvaj decommissioned after 35 years of service to nation
- INS Sindhudhvaj has decommissioned after 35 years of glorious service to the nation.
- Vice Adm Biswajit Dasgupta Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command was the Chief Guest for the ceremony.
- The submarine crest depicts a gray colour nurse shark and the name means flag bearer at sea.
- Sindhudhvaj, as the name suggests, was the flag bearer of indigenization and Indian Navy’s efforts towards achieving Atmanirbharta in the Russian-built Sindhughosh class submarines throughout her journey in the navy.
- Commissioned into the Navy in 1987, Sindhudhvaj, was one of the 10 Kilo-class submarines India acquired from Russia between 1986 and 2000.
- It was the only submarine to be awarded the Chief of Naval Staff (CNS) rolling trophy for Innovation by PM Modi.
Murali Sreeshankar becomes first ever Indian to qualify for men’s long jump final at WAC
- Murali Sreeshankar has become the first Indian to enter the men’s long jump final at the World Athletics Championships (WAC).
- He leapt 8m & finished second in the qualification round at the ongoing WAC in Oregon, USA.
- Sreeshankar has jumped 8m to directly qualify in the finals of the event, ahead of his compatriots Jeswin Aldrin (7.79m) and Muhammed Anees Yahiya (7.73m).
- Anju Bobby George was the first Indian to make it to the World Championships long jump finals and the first to win a bronze medal in the 2003 edition in Paris.
Tokyo to host 2025 World Athletics Championships
- The World Athletics Council has selected Tokyo (Japan) to host the 2025 World Athletics Championships.
- At the World Athletics Council Meeting in Oregon, USA, the Council also announced that the 2024 World Athletics Cross Country Championships will be held in Medulin and Pula in Croatia and the 2026 World Athletics Cross Country Championships will be held in Tallahassee, Florida.
- The 18th edition of the World Athletics Championships begins in Oregon USA while Budapest in Hungary will host the 2023 event.
- The 2022 edition is currently being organized in Oregon, USA, which was originally scheduled to be held in 2021 but postponed by one year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
PV Sindhu won 2022 Singapore Open Badminton title
- Indian shuttler PV Sindhu has clinched her maiden Women’s Single title of the Singapore Open Badminton tournament2022.
- She defeated Wang Zhi Yi of China in the final of the Singapore Open 2022.
- Sindhu has won three titles in 2022 – the Swiss Open, Syed Modi India International, and now the Singapore Open.
Grandmaster R Praggnanandhaa won Paracin Open Chess title in Serbia
- Young Indian Grandmaster R Praggnanandhaa has won the Paracin Open ‘A’ chess tournament 2022 in Serbia.
- The 16-year-old remained unbeaten and finished half a point ahead of the field.
- Alexandr Predke took the second spot with 7.5 points ahead of Alisher Suleymenov and India’s AL Muthaiah, who both scored 7 points.
- R Praggnanandhaa will also part of India ‘B’ team in the 44th Chess Olympiad to be held near Chennai from July 28.
GRAND MASTERS OF INDIA (Chess)
- 74th – Rahul Shrivastava P (Telangana)
- 73rd – Bharath Subramanian (Tamil NAdu)
- 72nd – Mitrabha Guha (West Bengal)
- 71st – Sankalp Gupta (Maharstra)
- 70th – Raja Ritwik (Telangana)
17 July – World Day for International Justice
- The World Day for International Justice is observed on July 17 every year.
- Objective – To mark the strengthening system of international justice and to promote the rights of the victims.
- The World Day for International Justice celebrates the momentous approval of the Rome Statute and the formation of the new international criminal justice system in 1998.
- Theme 2022 – Achieving Social Justice through Formal Employment
Shirommani Akali Dal Leader and Former Punjab Speaker Nirmal Singh Kahlon passed away
- Former Punjab Vidhan Sabha Speaker and Shiromani Akali Dal leader Nirmal Singh Kahlon has passed away. He was 79.
- The 79-year-old leader served as state minister of Rural Development and Panchayats from 1997 to 2002, and Speaker of the Punjab Legislative Assembly from 2007 to 2012.
Attempt Current Affairs QUIZ
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP