Current Affairs 18th November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
MP government approved Mukhya Mantri Udyam Kranti Yojana
- Madhya Pradesh government cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan approved the Mukhya Mantri Udyam Kranti Yojana to connect educated youths of the State with self-employment.
- The benefit of the scheme will be available to the minimum 12th class pass youths of the State between the ages of 18 to 40 years. Youths can set up industry, service or business by the loans under the scheme at low-interest rates through banks.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Governor: Mangubhai C. Patel
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Recent Madhya Pradesh govt schemes:
- Launchpad Scheme
- Pankh Abhiyan
- Sickle Cell Mission
- Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu-dhikar Yojana
- Mukhyamantri Ration Aapke Dwar Yojna
India’s 1st Fisheries Business Incubation Centre launched in Gurugram, Haryana
- Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Parshottam Rupala launched India’s first-of-its-kind, dedicated business incubator known as LINAC-NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre (LlFlC) in Gurugram, Haryana.
- The LlFlC is built at a cost of 23 crores to nurture fisheries start-ups under real market-led conditions. National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) is an implementing agency for the LIFIC.
- Union Minister Rupala also inaugurated Sardar Patel Auditoriumat the LINAC premises.
About National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC)
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- MD: Sundeep Kumar Nayak
West Bengal govt launched ‘Duare Ration’ scheme for doorstep delivery of ration
- West Bengal government launched the ‘Duare Ration’ (ration at doorstep) scheme which will benefit around 10 crores of people of the state.
- For this scheme, the government will be spending Rs. 160 crores. The scheme was launched by the WB Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee by flagging off vehicles that will deliver the ration.
- She also inaugurated a WhatsApp chatbot for the Food and Supplies Department of the state government and a mobile application, ‘Khadya Sathi: Amar Ration Mobile App’ to help people apply for ration cards.
About West Bengal:
- Capital: Kolkata
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Chief minister: Mamata Banerjee
2021 TRACE global Bribery Risk Rankings: India ranked 82nd; Denmark topped
- India has slipped to 82nd position (drop by 5 slots from 2020) with a risk score of 44 in the global list of 2021 TRACE Bribery Risk Matrix (TRACE Matrix) that measures business bribery risks, which was released by TRACE International.
- In 2020, India ranked 77 with a score of 45. Denmark has topped the rankings with a score of 2.
2021 TRACE Bribery Risk Matrix:
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021
- Global Food Security Index 2021: 71st
- 2021 Mercer CFS Global Pension Index (MCGPI) survey: 40th
- World Justice Project’s (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2021: 79th
- ‘Five years on: Global climate tech investment trends since the Paris Agreement’ report: 9th
- Global Drug Policy Index 2021: 18th
- Climate Change Performance Index 2022: 10th
Banking and Financial
SBI signed co-lending agreement with U GRO Capital to finance MSMEs
- State Bank of India signed a co-lending agreement in line with RBI (Reserve Bank of India) guidelines with the U GRO Capital, the Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC).
- Through this collaboration, SBI and U GRO Capital will disburse up to Rs 500 crore loans to MSME sector by March 2022. The SBI assigned U GRO Capital as its first co-lending partner for its ‘Sanjeevani programme’ to finance MSMEs. It will offer loans up to INR 3 crore at a competitive rate of interest.
About U GRO Capital:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CMD: Shachindra Nath
SBI signed agreement with Jamshedpur Football Club to promote football in India
- The State Bank of India signed a strategic agreement with Jamshedpur Football Club, a fully owned subsidiary of Tata Steel, to promote and support football in India. This is the first of its kind of agreement by SBI in the game of football.
- Through this agreement, the SBI will become one of the principal sponsors of the JFC, thereby having the SBI logo on Jersey. The JRD Tata Sports Complex was set up in Jharkhand by Tata Steels, to conduct ISL (Indian Super League) and promote the sport of Football in India.
About State Bank of India (SBI):
- Founded: 1 July 1955
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- SBI MDs: Ashwani Bhatia, C.S. Setty, Swaminathan Janakiraman and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
Appointment and Resignation
MC Mary Kom appointed brand ambassador of TRIFED Aadi Mahotsav
- The Union Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda inaugurated TRIFED (Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation Ltd) Aadi Mahotsav at Dilli Haat in New Delhi, in the presence of Sukhram Munda, Grandson of Bhagwan Birsa Munda.
- On the occasion, Olympic medallist and boxer Padma Vibhushan MC Mary Kom was declared as the brand ambassador of the TRIFED Aadi Mahotsav. It is a national tribal festival and a joint initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and the TRIFED.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Adidas’ Global Brand Ambassador: Deepika Padukone
- FloBiz Neobank’s myBillBook: Manoj Bajpayee
- Bandhan Bank in Assam: Zubeen Garg
- Amway India: Amitabh Bachchan
- My11Circle: Mohammed Siraj
- Goodwill Ambassador of UN- World Food Programme: Daniel Brühl
- ICICI Prudential’s new digital campaign ‘Agar taiyaari sahi ho, toh jeet pakki hai’: Lovlina Borgohain
- Kids’ footwear brand Plaeto: Rahul Dravid
Sourav Ganguly appointed as the chairman of ICC Men’s Cricket Committee
- The President of BCCI, Sourav Ganguly has been appointed as the Chairman of the ICC men’s Cricket Committee, the global cricket governing body. He replaced Anil Kumble who assumed the charge in 2012. Kumble stepped down having served a maximum of three separate three-year terms.
- Sourav Ganguly was appointed as the president Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in October 2019. Johnny Grave, CEO of Cricket West Indies has been appointed to the ICC Women’s Cricket Committee.
- Founded: 1909
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Chairman: Greg Barclay
- CEO: Manu Shawney
Pochampally, Telangana selected as one of the UNWTO Best Tourism Villages
- The Pochampally village in the Yadadri Bhuvanagiri district of Telangana has been selected as one of the Best Tourism Villages by the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
- Pochampally village located around 50 km away from Hyderabad which is well known for its handloom waved Ikat sarees is often referred to as the Silk City of India.
- The award will be presented during the 24th session of the UNWTO General Assembly which will be held in Madrid, Spain, from 30 November to 3 December 2021.
About United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO):
- Founded: 1 November 1975
- Headquarters: Madrid, Spain
- Secretary-General: Zurab Pololikashvili
BRO received Guinness World Record for world’s highest motorable road “Umling La Pass”
- The Border Roads Organisation has received the Guinness World Record for constructing & blacktopping the world highest motorable road passing through the 19,024 feet 0.73 inches (5798.251m) high Umlingla Pass in the Union Territory of Ladakh.
- The 52-kilometre long Chisumle to Demchok tarmac road was developed under Project HIMANK (93RCC/753 BRTF) of BRO. Lieutenant General Rajeev Chaudhry, Director General Border Roads, received the Guinness World Records certificate on 16th November 2021.
India & Thailand conducted 32nd CORPAT exercise in Andaman Sea
- The 32nd edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) was conducted from 12th to 14th November 2021 in Andaman Sea.
- Indian Navy was represented by Indian Naval Ship (INS) Karmuk while Royal Thai Navy participated with Majesty’s Thailand Ship (HTMS) Tayanchon. The navies of both the countries have been undertaking CORPATs bi-annually since 2005 along their International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL).
Note: Some Important Exercise:
- KAZIND: India and Kazakhstan
- Dharma Guardian: India and Japan
- Shinyu Maitri: India and Japan
- JIMEX: Indian and Japanese
- Dustlik: India-Uzbekistan
India will co-host 2031 50-over WC & 2026 ICC T20 WC2029 and host ICC Men’s Champions Trophy
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced the 14 host countries of the ICC men’s white-ball events from 2024-2031.
- India is set to host the 2029 Champions Trophy and co-host the 2026 ICC Men’s Twenty20 World Cup with Sri Lanka and 2031 ICC Men’s 50-over World Cup with Bangladesh.
- The hosts were selected through a competitive bidding process overseen by an ICC Hosting Sub-Committee chaired by Martin Snedden along with Sourav Ganguly, President of Board of Control for Cricket in India and Ricky Skerritt, President of Cricket West Indies.
Hosts of ICC Events:
|2024 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup||USA & West Indies|
|2025 ICC Men’s Champions Trophy||Pakistan|
|2026 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup||India & Sri Lanka|
|2027 ICC Men’s 50 over World Cup||South Africa, Zimbabwe & Namibia|
|2028 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup||Australia & New Zealand|
|2029 ICC Men’s Champions Trophy||India|
|2030 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup||England, Ireland & Scotland|
|2031 ICC Men’s 50 over World Cup||India & Bangladesh|
Alexander Zverev won Vienna Tennis Open 2021
- Alexander “Sascha” Zverev, a German professional tennis player, won the fifth ATP title of the season (2021) and 18th overall at the Vienna Open 2021 or Erste Bank Open 2021 defeating Frances Tiafoe of the United States of America (USA).
- At present, Alexander Zverev is ranked 3rd in the ATP World Ranking. Robert Farah and Juan Sebastian Cabal of Colombia have won the doubles competition at Erste Bank Open 2021 defeating Joe Salisbury of the United Kingdom (UK) and Rajeev Ram of USA.
18 November: World Philosophy Day 2021
- World Philosophy Dayis celebrated on the Third Thursday of November each year. In 2021, it’s being observed on November 18. World Philosophy Day aims at promoting the international culture of a healthy, philosophical debate that respects people’s dignity and diversity.
- World Philosophy Day was introduced in 2002 by UNESCO. In 2005 the UNESCO General Conference proclaimed that World Philosophy Day would be celebrated every third Thursday of November.
16 November 2021: 1st Audit Diwas
- The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India observed the first-ever Audit Diwas on 16th November 2021 at the CAG office premises, Delhi.
- The Audit Diwas is observed to mark the historic origin of the institution of CAG in 1860. During the event of the first Audit Diwas, PM Modi inaugurated a statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel at the CAG office, Delhi.
- CAG institution was formed on 16th November 1860 with Edmund Drummond as the first Auditor General of India.
About The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India:
- Head office: New Delhi, Delhi
- CAG of India: Girish Chandra Murmu (14th CAG)
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs