Current Affairs 18 October 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Khadi exhibition and Khadi Kareegar Sammelan inaugurated in Varanasi to strengthen artisans and traditional arts
- Khadi exhibition and Khadi Kareegar Sammelan inaugurated in Varanasi to strengthen artisans and traditional arts. Union Minister of State for MSME Shri Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma inaugurated a state-of-the-art Khadi exhibition displaying exquisite handcrafted products from 20 Indian states in Varanasi.
- KVIC also organized a “Khadi Kareegar Sammelan” (Khadi artisans’ conference), which was attended by over 2000 Khadi artisans, mostly women, from Varanasi and 12 adjoining districts like Prayagraj, Jaunpur, Mirzapur, Ghazipur, Sonbhadra, etc.
- Founded: 1956
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Vinai Kumar Saxena
Telangana developed India’s first smartphone-based eVoting solution
- Telangana develops India’s first smartphone-based eVoting solution.
- The eVoting solution has been developed by Telangana State Election Commission (TSEC) with the implementation support of the Emerging Technologies Wing of the IT Department of the State and the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC).
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief Minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Punjab CM Charanjit Channi launched ‘Mera Ghar Mere Naam’ scheme
- Punjab CM Charanjit Channi launched ‘Mera Ghar Mere Naam’ scheme to confer proprietary rights on the people living in the houses within the ‘Lal Lakir’ of villages and the cities.
- The scheme would give much needed succour to people, especially the needy and underprivileged.
- Earlier this scheme was launched only for the residents of villages, but now it is being extended to the eligible residents of the cities within the ‘Lal Lakir’.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief Minister: Charanjit Singh Channi
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Jonas Gahr Store has assumed charge as Norway’s new PM
- Jonas Gahr Store, the Leader of the Labour Party in Norway, has assumed the charge of the Prime Minister of Norway with effect from October 14, 2021.
- In September 2021, Store’s Labour Party won the parliamentary elections, following which incumbent Prime Minister Erna Solberg and her government stepped down.
- Capital: Oslo
- Currency: Norwegian krone
India signed an MoU with Russia for Di-ammonium Phosphate Fertilizer Supply
- India signed a long term Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Russia for DAP (Di-Ammonium Phosphate) fertilizer supply. After urea, Di-ammonium phosphate (DAP) fertilizer is the most widely used fertilizer in the country.
- The reason behind this agreement is to stabilize the prices of DAP and to reduce dependence on countries like Jordan, Morocco, and China.
- Government also increased the subsidy on DAP by 140% from Rs 500 per bag to Rs 1,200 per bag.
- Notably, the Central Government allocated around Rs 79,600 crore for fertilizer subsidy in the budget for 2021-22.
- Capital: Moscow
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Currency: Russian ruble
India signed an MoU with Russia for Collaboration in Coking Coal Sector
- Ministry of Steel, Government of India (GoI) and the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for collaboration in the mining and steel sectors, with special focus on coking coal, in Moscow during the Russian Energy Week (REW) 13-15 October 2021.
- The MoU was signed by Ram Chandra Prasad Singh, Union Minister of Steel, India and Nikolay Shulginov, Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation
- This is a part of India’s National Steel Policy 2017 under which the India aims to reach 300 million tonne steel production by 2030.
About Ministry of Steel:
- Union Minister– Ram Chandra Prasad Singh (Rajya Sabha- Bihar)
- Minister of State– Faggan Singh Kulaste(Constituency- Mandla, Madhya Pradesh)
WHO Global TB report for 2021: India worst-hit country in TB elimination
- On 14th October 2021, the World Health Organisation (WHO) released the ‘Global TB report for 2021, where it highlighted the effects of COVID-19 which led to a huge reversal in the progress of Tuberculosis (TB) elimination. The report also mentioned India as the worst-hit country in TB elimination, where the detection of new TB cases saw a huge impact in 2020.
- A dramatic reduction of 20% TB cases were witnessed in 2020 as compared to 2019, ie; a gap of 4.1 million cases.
- The progress in TB detection has gone back to the levels of 2012, with India accounting for 41% of the total case drops in 2020.
About World Health Organisation (WHO):
- Established – 7 April 1948
- Director General – Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
- Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
Banking and Financial
SEBI formed 4-Member Advisory Committee on Settlement Orders Chaired by Vijay C Daga
- In October 2021, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) constituted a 4–member advisory committee on settlement orders and compounding of offences.
- The advisory committee will be chaired by Vijay C Daga, retired judge of the High Court of Bombay.
- The committee will work as per the SEBI (Settlement Proceedings) Regulations, 2018.
- As the entities are currently provided with a window of 180 days to apply for settlement after receipt of the show-cause notice, the applicants mostly apply for settlement at the end of that 180 days.
- To overcome such delays, the time limit for filing settlement applications was recommended to be reduced from 180 to 60 days.
About Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
- Establishment – 1992
- Headquarter– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman– Ajay Tyagi
List of Latest Committee and Headed by:
- IFSCA constitutes an expert committee on Investment Funds headed by: Nilesh Shah
- Committee on “Variable Capital Company: Dr. K.P. Krishnan
- Suggests 4-tier structure for Urban Co-operative Banks: N. S. Vishwanathan
- RBI to setup committee on NUE licenses: Shri. P. Vasudevan
- Framing a new law for drugs, cosmetics and medical devices: Dr V G Somani
- IFSCA Constitutes an Expert panel on Sustainable Finance: C.K. Mishra.
RBI authorised Karur Vysya Bank (KVB) to collect Direct taxes
- The Reserve Bank of India has authorised Karur Vysya Bank (KVB) to collect direct taxes on behalf of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- After obtaining the approval, KVB has started the integration process with the CBDT to collect direct taxes.
- The integration would enable the bank to allow its customers to remit the direct taxes through any branch/net banking/ mobile banking services (DLite Mobile application).
About Karur Vysya Bank (KVB):
- Establishment – 1916
- Headquarters – Karur, Tamil Nadu
- MD & CEO – B. Ramesh Babu
- Tagline – Smart Way to Bank
BSE Signed MoU with Business Leadership League To Help SMEs
- The BSE (Formerly Bombay Stock Exchange) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Business Leadership League (BLL). This will help the aspiring SMEs (Small Medium Enterprises) to align and strategize about their innovative solutions and to get prepared for listing on BSE SME Platform.
- BSE had launched its SME Platform in 2012 and the Startup Platform 2018.
- Aim: To provide benefit to SMEs by education and knowledge to function efficiently.
- Founded: 9 July 1875
- Chairman: Vikramajit Sen
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Appointment and Resignation
Pradeep Kumar Panja appointed as the Chairman of Karnataka Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the appointment of Pradeep Kumar Panja as the Chairman of Karnataka Bank Ltd.
- He will begin his role as the part-time non-executive Chairman with effect from November 14, 2021, for a period of three years. He will succeed P Jayarama Bhat, who will retire on November 13, 2021.
About Karnataka Bank:
- Headquarters: Mangalore
- Founded: 18 February 1924
List of Some Bank CEO
- Bank of Baroda: Sanjiv Chadha
- Central Bank of India: Matam Venkata
- Indian Bank: Shanti Lal Jain
- Punjab & Sind Bank: S Krishnan
- Union Bank of India: Rajkiran Rai G
Indian American scientist Vivek Lall got Lifetime Achievement Award at Ritossa Family Summits
- Indian American scientist Dr. Vivek Lall was presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award at Ritossa Family Summits in Dubai recently.
- Dr. Lall, who is known for playing a key role in enhancing India-U.S. defence trade and instrumental in some of the top deals between the two countries was presented with the award in recognition of his “outstanding vision, dedication and success,”
- Over 400 elite family offices, prominent conglomerate business owners, Sheikhs, royal families, private investment companies, sovereign wealth funds and industry professionals representing over $4.5 trillion in investor wealth attended the event.
China has launched 1st Solar Exploration Satellite
- China has successfully launched its 1st solar exploration satellite into space from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in northern Shanxi Province aboard a Long March-2D rocket.
- The satellite was named as ‘Xihe’ (Xihe is the goddess of the sun who created the calendar in ancient Chinese mythology), also known as the Chinese Hα Solar Explorer (CHASE).
- The satellite has been developed by the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC).
Chennai Super Kings set to become India’s first sports unicorn
- With its fourth title win of the Indian Premier League (IPL), Chennai Super Kings is all set to become possibly the country’s first ‘sports unicorn’, even surpassing its parent India Cements in market capitalisation, say experts.
- Unicorn is a term given to startups / companies who have a valuation of over a billion. The startups over valuation of $10 billion are called decacorn (a super unicorn).
October 16: National Security Guard Raising Day
- The National Security Guard (NSG) force, popularly known as Black Cats, observes its Raising Day on October 16, every year.
- The year 2021 marks the 37th anniversary of the establishment of the NSG. NSG is an elite counter-terrorism unit under the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs.
About National Security Guard:
- Founded: 22 September 1986
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Director General: M A Ganapathy
Attempt Current Affairs QUIZ
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Click here to Buy Bank & insurance Yearly Online Test Series
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP