Daily GK Update 19 , 20 June 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
International (Current Affairs)
India’s Rank 120th in Sustainable Development Report 2021, Finland Tops
- 6th Edition The Sustainable Development Report 2021 presents the SDG Index and Dashboards for all UN member states. It was prepared by teams of independent experts at the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) and the Bertelsmann Stiftung. India has been placed at 120th rank out of 165 Counties.
- Finland topped the index followed by Sweden and Denmark
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021
Economic Freedom Index 2021: 121st
- World Happiness Report 2021-139th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index 2021-40th
- Henley Passport index 2021: 84th
- World Press Freedom Index, 2021: 142nd
- World Competitiveness Index 2021-41st
- Global Peace Index 2021: 135th
Hard-line judiciary head Ebrahim Raisi won Iran presidency
- Iran’s hard-line judiciary chief won the country’s presidential election in a landslide victory on June 19, propelling the Supreme Leader’s protege into Tehran’s highest civilian position in a vote that appeared to see the lowest turnout in the Islamic Republic’s history.
- Mr. Raisi is the first serving Iranian president sanctioned by the U.S. government even before entering office over his involvement in the mass execution of political prisoners in 1988, as well as his time as the head of Iran’s internationally criticised judiciary — one of the world’s top executioners.
Note: About Iran
- Capital: Tehran
- Currency: Iranian Toman
Environmental Organisation ‘Familial Forestry’ wins prestigious UN Award
- The 2021 Land for Life Award has been won by Familial Forestry of Rajasthan, a unique concept that relates a tree with a family, making it a green “family member.”
- The UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) organises the Land for Life Award every two years to recognize excellence and innovation in efforts towards land in balance. The theme for the 2021 Award is “Healthy Land, Healthy Lives”.
- About: Familial Forestry is an environment conservation concept by climate-activist Shyam Sunder Jyani, an Associate Professor for Sociology in Rajasthan, who has been campaigning for Familial Forestry for over 15 years.
19th June: World Sauntering Day
- On June 19 every year, World Sauntering Day is celebrated. The day reminds everyone to slowdown, connect with nature and enjoy things around us.
- World Sauntering Day began in 1979 in the United States. The idea of sauntering was promoted by WT Rabe, a publicist, in response to jogging and brisk walk. The idea behind marking a sauntering day was to encourage people to slowdown and appreciate the world around them and connect with nature.
19 June: National Reading Day
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) celebrates National Reading Day annually on 19 June. The Day is celebrated to honour the father of the ‘Library Movement in Kerala’, the late P.N. Panicker, whose death anniversary falls on June 19.
- In 2021, 26th National Reading Day is being celebrated. The week following June 19 will be observed as Reading Week and the entire month till July 18 will be observed as Reading Month.
20th June (Third Sunday of June): Father’s Day
- People across the world observe Father’s Day every year on the third Sunday of June to celebrate fatherhood and paternal bonds. This year, we will be celebrating Father’s Day on June 20.
- Father’s day was celebrated for the first time on July 5, 1908, in West Virginia, USA, after a mining incident took place. It was observed in honor of all the fathers who lost their lives in that mishap.
Flying Sikh Milkha Singh passes away due to Covid-19 complications
- Milkha Singh, the Flying Sikh, breathed his last in Chandigarh on 18th June. The 91-year-old had contracted Covid-19 a month back and lost his wife Nirmal Kaur to the virus earlier this week.
- He was 1958 Commonwealth Games champion and 1960 Rome Olympian.
Zambia’s first President Kenneth Kaunda passes away
- Zambian politician Kenneth Kaunda, who served as the first President of Zambia, has passed away.
- Mr Kenneth Kaunda served as the first President of independent Zambia for 27 years from 1964 to 1991. Zambia gained independence from Britain in October 1964.
Note: About Zambia
- President: Edgar Lungu
- Capital: Lusaka
- Currency: Zambian kwacha
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|