Current Affairs 19th July 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
MSME Minister Narayan Rane launched Mobile Electric Charging app
- Union Minister of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Narayan Rane has launched ‘Repos Pay – a ‘Mobile Electric Charging’ platform and ‘Phy-gital’ – a Fintech Platform at ‘Fuelling India 2022’ event in Mumbai.
- Repos Pay is a platform where one can order a Mobile Electric Charging Vehicle on app and charge their vehicles.
- ‘Phy-gital’ is a Fintech Platform that will bring credit to fuel consumers (Buy Now Pay Later) through Technology. The energy fintech platform will facilitate fuel-on-credit solution for bulk consumer.
JSW Steel partnered with BCG to accelerate decarbonization journey
- JSW Steel has partnered with Boston Consulting Group (BCG) for its decarbonization and sustainability agenda.
- As part of this, BCG will leverage its proprietary CO2 Al platform along with its best-in-class digital and analytics capabilities to support JSW Steel.
- JSW Steel has an ambitious target of reducing its carbon emission by 42 percent by 2029-30 versus base year 2005.
- According to a ministry report, the iron and steel industry globally accounts for around 8 percent of total carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions on an annual basis, whereas in India, it contributes 12 percent to the total CO2 emissions.
- Thus, the Indian steel industry needs to reduce its emissions substantially in view of the commitments made at the COP26 climate change conference.
- Telangana government partnered with UNDP for Data in Climate Resilient Agriculture (DiCRA)
- The Telangana government has joined hands with the United Nations Development
- NASSCOM partnered with Google for DigiVaani Call Center
- RBI and Bank Indonesia signed an MoU to improve mutual cooperation
- RIL partnered with Athletics Federation of India to support Indian Athlete
- Vedanta partners with IIT Madras to incubated startup
PM Modi addressed Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organization Seminar in New Delhi
- PM Narendra Modi has addressed the NIIO (Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organization) Seminar Swavlamban at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi.
- He unveiled ‘SPRINT Challenges, aimed at giving a boost to usage of indigenous technology in the Indian Navy.
- SPRINT stands for Supporting Pole-Vaulting in R&D through iDEX, NIIO and TDAC.
- Sessions dedicated to innovation, indigenisation, armament and aviation will be held.
- The seminar will witness outreach to the Indian Ocean Region, in line with the government’s vision of SAGAR (Security and Growth for All in the Region).
India’s agricultural exports rise 14% in April-June quarter
- India’s agricultural and processed food products exports rose 14 percent during the first three months of the current financial year 2022-23 (April-June).
- Total exports were to the tune of USD 5,987 million. During the same quarter last year, the exports were worth USD 5,256 million.
- For 2022-23, the government had set an export target of USD 23.56 billion for the agricultural and processed food products basket under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA). The basket excludes tea, coffee, spices, cotton and marine exports.
- The exports of fresh fruits and vegetables registered 8.6 percent growth, while processed food products like cereals and miscellaneous processed items reported an impressive growth of 36.4 percent during the quarter.
- Exports of other cereals increased from USD 237 million in April-June 2021 to USD 306 million in April-June 2022, whereas exports of meat, dairy and poultry products increased from USD 1,023 million in April-June 2021 to USD 1,120 million in April-June 2022.
- Exports of rice witnessed a growth of 13 per cent in the first three months of FY 2022-23, while the export of meat, dairy & poultry products increased by 9.5 per cent and export of other cereals increased by 29 percent.
- In 2021-22, India’s agricultural products exports had grown by 19.92 per cent to touch USD 50.21 billion despite unprecedented logistical challenges.
- The government has also taken several initiatives to promote products having registered geographical indications (GI) in India by organizing virtual buyer-seller meets on agricultural and food products with various countries.
- To ensure seamless quality certification of products to be exported, the government has recognized 220 laboratories across India to provide services of testing for a wide range of products.
India’s share of remittance from Gulf region declined in FY21
- The Reserve Bank of India has informed that the share of remittances from the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region to India has declined in 2021.
- As per a survey conducted by the RBI, the share of remittances from the GCC region in India’s inward remittances is estimated to have declined from more than 50 percent in 2016- 17 to about 30 percent in 2020- 21.
- The share of the traditional remittance recipient states of Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka, which had strong dominance in the GCC region, has almost halved in 2020-21, accounting for only 25 percent of total remittances since 2016-17, while Maharashtra has emerged as the top recipient State (with about 35 percent of the total share in remittance receipts) surpassing Kerala (about 10 per cent).
- As per the RBI survey, migration from Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa and West Bengal to the Gulf countries has increased in recent years.
- According to the Ministry of External Affairs, more than 50 per cent of the approved emigration clearances for GCC region in 2020 were for these states.
- Amid the steady migration of skilled workers, Advanced Economies (AEs), particularly the US, the UK and Singapore, emerged as an important source country of remittances, accounting for 36 per cent of total remittances in 2020-21, as per the findings of the Survey (for 2020-21 reference period) published in RBI’s latest monthly bulletin.
Arunachal Pradesh & Assam signed pact to resolve border dispute
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu and his Assam counterpart Himanta Biswa Sarma have inked a pact to end the 7 decades-old border dispute between the two states, and they agreed in principle on restricting the number of contested villages to 86 instead of 123.
- Chief ministers of the two North-east they met at Namsai in Arunachal Pradesh and signed the agreement.
- According to the ‘Namsai Declaration’, Sarma and Khandu agreed that out of the 37 disputed villages, 28 which are within the constitutional boundary of Arunachal Pradesh shall remain with the state while, three villages on which claims were withdrawn by Arunachal Pradesh, will be with Assam.
- Six other villages which could not be located on the Assam side would also remain with the frontier state if they exist in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The two states share an 804.1 km-long border. The grievance of Arunachal Pradesh which was made a union territory in 1972 is that several forested tracts in the plains that had traditionally belonged to hill tribal chiefs and communities were unilaterally transferred to Assam.
- After Arunachal Pradesh achieved statehood in 1987, a tripartite committee was appointed which recommended that certain territories be transferred from Assam to Arunachal. Assam contested this and the matter is in the Supreme Court.
- Earlier, Assam and Meghalaya signed an agreement in March this year to end their five-decade-old border dispute in six of the 12 contested locations.
Banking and Financial
DBS named ‘World’s Best SME Bank’ by Euromoney for second time
- DBS Bank has recognized as the ‘World’s Best SME Bank’ by Euromoney for the second time (the first time in 2018).
- The bank has established its position as a global industry leader in association with Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to enhance growth and development.
- The DBS bank also clinched three first-time awards at Euromoney’s Awards for Excellence 2022 –
- World’s Best Financial Innovation of the year 2022
- Asia’s Best Bank for Wealth Management 2022
- Asia’s Best Bank for SME award 2022
About Development Bank of Singapore Limited (DBS Bank)
- Headquarters– Singapore
- CEO– Piyush Gupta
Yes Bank partnered with JC Flowers ARC to sell 48,000 crore Bad Loans
- Yes Bank has selected JC Flowers ARC as partner to form an asset reconstruction company to sell bad loans of the bank valuing Rs 48,000 crore.
- The bank has signed a binding term sheet with JCF ARC LLC and JC Flowers Asset Reconstruction Pvt. Ltd. for this strategic partnership.
- This is being termed the single-largest bad loan deal.
About Yes Bank
- Founded – 2004
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Prashant Kumar
- Tagline – Experience our Expertise
Appointment and Resignation
Manipur Governor La Ganesan given additional charge of West Bengal
- President Ram Nath Kovind has accepted the resignation of West Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar who has been named as the ruling National Democratic Alliance (NDA) candidate for the vice-presidential election.
- Manipur Governor La. Ganesan has been given the additional charge of West Bengal.
- Dhankhar was appointed as the Governor in 2019.
England all-rounder Ben Stokes announced retirement from ODI cricket
- England all-rounder Ben Stokes has announced that he has retirement from one-day internationals (ODI).
- Stokes has played his last ODI for England on 19 July 2022 against South Africa.
- Stokes, who is England’s Test captain, has scored 2919 runs in 104 ODIs and taken 74 wickets.
- He was named the Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World in 2019 & 2020.
- He made his ODI debut against Ireland in 2011.
NAARM received Sardar Patel Award of ICAR
- The National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) has bagged the Sardar Patel Outstanding ICAR Institute Award 2021 (in the Large Institute Category) for its overall performance.
- Ch Srinivasa Rao (Director of NAARM) has received the award from the Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar in New Delhi.
- The awards were given away at a function to mark the 94th Foundation Day of the ICAR.
- NAARM was established by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
18 July – Nelson Mandela International Day
- The world marks Nelson Mandela International Day annually on July 18 in the memory of the first democratically elected President of South Africa.
- The United Nations (UN) had declared July 18 as Nelson Mandela Day in 2009, a South African anti-apartheid activist who served as the first President from 1994 to 1999.
- Theme 2022 – Do what you can, with what you have, where you are
- Nelson Mandela was conferred with the Nobel Peace Prize in October 1993.
18 July – Tamil Nadu Day
- Tamil Nadu Day has celebrated on 18 July as it was on this day that a resolution was adopted by the then Madras Presidency in 1967 and it came to be called Tamil Nadu.
- It was on the 1st of November 1956 that Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, and Kerala were separated from the Madras Presidency.
- it was in 1967 on the 18th of July that the remaining Madras Presidency was called Tamil Nadu.
About Tamil Nadu
- Capital – Chennai
- Chief Minister – M K Stalin
- Governor – R N Ravi
Renowned artist Achuthan Kudallur passed away
- Noted artist Achuthan Kudallur has passed away recently at the age of 77.
- A civil engineer by training, Achuthan Kudallur was a self-taught abstract artist and a highly respected name in contemporary art circles of south India.
- He was a part of the Madras Art Club, which operated within the Government College of Art, Chennai and later shifted to painting abstracts.
- He is a recipient of the national and Tamil Nadu state Lalit Kala Akademi Awards.
- He was born in 1945 in Kerala, but lived alone in Chennai, and pursued a degree in Civil Engineering and reveled as an Indian Asian Modern and Contemporary painter.
Veteran singer Bhupinder Singh passed away
- Veteran playback singer, Bhupinder Singh has passed away in Mumbai at the age of 82.
- He was born in Punjab’s Amritsar and started his career with All India Radio and was also associated with Doordarshan Delhi.
- He worked with Mohammed Rafi, RD Burman, Lata Mangeshkar, and Bappi Lahiri.
- He has sung many songs like Hoke Majboor Mujhe, Usne Bulaya Hoga’, with Mohammed Rafi, Talat Mehmood, and Manna Dey, ‘Dil Dhoondhta Hai’ and ‘Duki Pe Duki Ho Ya Satte Pe Satta.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs