Current Affairs 19 October 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Rajasthan launched ‘Prashasan Gaon ke Sang’ Campaign to provide Government Services to Remote Villages
- Rajasthan, the largest state in India, launched a mega campaign named – ‘Prashasan Gaon Ke Sang’ started from October 2, 2021(Gandhi Jayanti) till December 17, 2021, to provide local access to government services in the remotest villages of the state.
- Officials from 22 Departments of the local administration will reach out to the rural parts of every gram panchayat to offer on-spot solutions to the applicants.
- The campaign will be conducted on the observation of the respective district collector, for on spot disposal of applications.
- Capital: Jaipur
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Chief Minister: Ashok Gehlot
J&K Administration signed an MoU with Dubai, UAE Govt for Real Estate Development
- Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) administration signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) for various development projects.
- Aim: The development projects, under the MoU, includes real estate development, industrial parks, IT Towers, Multipurpose towers, logistics, medical college, a super speciality hospital among other developments in J&K.
- Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha
Centre has launched India’s 1st ‘One Health’ Consortium for Surveillance of Bacterial, Viral Infections
- On October 14, 2021, the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) launched India’s 1st ‘One Health’ consortium to carry out surveillance of important bacterial, viral and parasitic infections of zoonotic as well as transboundary pathogens.
- It will consist of 27 organizations led by DBT-National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB), Hyderabad (Telangana).
- It was launched by Dr Renu Swarup, Secretary, Department of Biotechnology through video conferencing. It will also look into the use of existing diagnostic tests and the development of additional methodologies to understand the spread of emerging diseases.
About Department of Biotechnology (DBT):
- Formation: 1986
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Minister of Science and Technology: Dr Jitendra Singh
- Secretary: Renu Swarup
Union Minister launched Development Projects in Andaman and Nicobar Islands; Mount Harriet to be named Mount Manipur
- On October 16, 2021, Union Minister Amit Shah, Ministry of Cooperation, inaugurated 14 projects worth Rs 299 crore and laid foundation stones of 12 projects worth Rs 643 crore from the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Island in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- With this, a development work of about Rs 1,000 crore has been initiated in Andaman Islands.
- The Central Government has renamed Mount Harriet, an island peak in Andaman and Nicobar islands as Mount Manipur as a tribute to the freedom fighters of Manipur. Mount Harriet is the third-highest island peak in Andaman and Nicobar islands.
About Andaman and Nicobar Islands:
- Capital: Port Blair
- Lieutenant Governor: Admiral (Retd.) Devendra Kumar Joshi
Devusinh Chauhan participated in Ministerial Roundtable Session of ITU Digital World 2021
- The Minister of State (MoS) for Communication, Devusinh Chauhan, participated in the Ministerial Roundtable Session of the 50th-anniversary edition of International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Digital World 2021, which was held in Vietnam and hosted by the government of Vietnam.
- Theme of the Discussion: ‘Cutting the cost: can affordable access accelerate digital transformation?’
- One of the major reforms in Information Communication Technology (ICT) by India was allowing 100% foreign direct investment (FDI) via the automatic route and addressing liquidity issues of Telecom Service Providers (TSPs).
Banking and financial
IndiaFirst Life Introduces ‘Saral Bachat Bima’ Insurance Plan
- IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company Limited (IndiaFirst Life) ,a joint venture of Bank of Baroda and Union Bank of India introduced ‘’IndiaFirst Life Saral Bachat Bima Plan’’. It is a savings and protection cover plan for the entire family.
- Benefits of the plan includes, Pay for short term and enjoy long term benefits and it will provide consistent protection through insurance cover.
- An amount equal to the Sum Assured on Death (SAD) will be paid in case of accidental death during the first policy year. In case of death of the life insured, an advanced payment by way of funeral cover. Flexibility to receive death benefit as a lump sum or regular income for 5 years.
- Boost savings with guaranteed additional benefits of 4.75% to 6% per annum. Option to opt for Waiver of Premium Rider.
- No medical test and short application form.
About IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company Limited (IndiaFirst Life)
- MD & CEO: M. Vishakha
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Founded: 16 November 2009
Assam’s Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi Award – Literaturist ‘Nirod Kumar Barooah’ among the 3 recipient
- In October 2021, Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu awarded the ‘Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi’ award to 3 recipients – Assam branch of Kasturba Gandhi National Memorial Trust, German based Assamese litterateur Dr. Nirod Kumar Barooah and Shillong Chamber Choir at Srimanta Sankardeva Kalakshetra.
- The award, named after Assam’s 1st Chief Minister – Bharat Ratna ‘Gopinath Bordoloi’, is awarded biennially (once in 2-years) for National Integration & notable contributions.
India’s Vidyut Mohan has won inaugural ‘2021 Earthshot Prize’ under ‘Clean Our Air’ Category
- An Indian Social Enterprise ‘Takachar’, under the leadership of Vidyut Mohan was named as the winner of inaugural ‘2021 Earthshot Prize’ that was created by the United Kingdom’s Prince William to reward people fighting to save planet earth.
- Takachar won the ‘Earthshot Prize’, also known as ‘Eco Oscars’, under the “Clean Our Air” category for its invention to recycle agricultural waste.
- The first-ever Earthshot Prize or 2021 Earthshot Prize awards ceremony took place at the iconic Alexandra Palace in London.
Prize for Winners:
- Money – 1 million Pound
- Medal – Inspired by ‘Earthrise’ photo from Apollo 8 mission (1968), designed by Christien Meindertsma (Netherlands). The medal is completely made of recycled materials.
- The award is given under 5 broad categories.
About Earthshot Prize:
- The name refers to USA’s 1960s ambition, the “Moonshot”, which pledged to get a man on the Moon within a decade.
- Starting from 2021, it will be awarded annually for a decade, 5 projects with 1 million pounds each for further research to solve environmental problems.
- 2021’s Judges – Sir David Attenborough, Cate Blanchett and Shakira
- Venue of 2022 Earthshot Prize – USA
Sahdev Yadav appointed as President of Indian Weightlifting Federation
- In October 2021, Sahdev Yadav, former Secretary General of IWLF, was unanimously elected as the President of the Indian Weightlifting Federation (IWLF).
- The election also saw the appointment of S.H. Anande Gowda and Naresh Sharma as the new Secretary General & Treasurer of IWLF.
- 10 new Vice Presidents, 4 Joint Secretaries & 7 executive committee members were also elected, in the election conducted by Returning Officer Narinder Paul Kaushik, Delhi District Court.
About Indian Weightlifting Federation:
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Navrang Saini has got the additional charge as Chairperson of IBBI
- Navrang Saini has been given the additional charge as the Chairperson of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI).
- The post fell vacant after M.S. Sahoo retired after a five-year tenure on September 30. Saini is a Whole Time Member of IBBI.
- The government has assigned additional charge of Chairperson to Mr Saini in addition to his existing duties.
- This will be for three months or till the joining of a new incumbent to the post or until further orders, whichever is earlier, it said in a release on October 13.
About Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India:
Founded: 1 October 2016
Headquarters: New Delhi
Amit Rastogi appointed new Chairman & Managing Director of NRDC
- Commodore Amit Rastogi (Retd) has been appointed as the new Chairman & Managing Director of National Research Development Corporation (NRDC).
- Prior to this, he was the Director of Electrical Engineering at Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence for 5 years and Additional General Manager Tech Services at Naval Dockyard for 2 years.
- NRDC was established in India in 1953 to help develop and promote technologies developed at various national R&D institutions.
China and Indonesia won Uber Cup and and Thomas Cup Respectively
- China beat defending champions Japan 3-1 in the Uber Cup final 2021.
- This is the 15th time China have won the competition.
- The match pivoted on the longest match in the Uber Cup history when Chen Qing Chan and Jia Yi Fan won their doubles match.
- Indonesia blanked defending champions China 3-0 to win the Thomas Cup title for the first time since 2002.
- It was Indonesia’s 14th overall triumph in the tournament’s history.
Indian Army has won gold medal in the Cambrian Patrol Exercise 2021
- A team from 5th Battalion-4 (5/4) Gorkha Rifles (Frontier Force) representing the Indian Army won the gold medal at the prestigious Cambrian Patrol Exercise which was held in the United Kingdom.
- The Indian Army team took part in the event and competed with a total of 96 teams including 17 international teams representing Special Forces and prestigious Regiments from different parts of the world.
- The Indian Army team received rich accolades from all the judges. The team was praised for their excellent navigation skills, overall physical endurance and delivery of patrol orders.
Books and author
New Book ‘Sir Syed Ahmad Khan: Reason, Religion And Nation’ authored by Professor Shafey Kidwai
- Sahitya Akademi awardee Professor Shafey Kidwai has authored a new book titled “Sir Syed Ahmad Khan: Reason, Religion And Nation”, which is an objective analysis of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan the founder of Mohammedan Anglo-Oriental College that grew into Aligarh Muslim University.
- The book is published by Routledge India. The foreword of the book is written by professor Irfan Habib.
- The book was released ahead of the 204th birth anniversary (17th October 2021) of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs