Current Affairs 19th September 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Union Minister Jitendra Singh presented ‘INSPIRE’ awards to 60 Start-Ups
- Union minister Jitendra Singh has presented INSPIRE awards to 60 startups and financial support to 53,021 students.
- The award is instituted by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), and these innovators will be extended complete incubation support for their entrepreneurship journey.
- Objective – To help build a critical human resource pool for strengthening, expanding the science and technology system and increase the research & development base.
- The scheme touched an unparalleled level of inclusivity by representing ideas and innovations of 702 districts of the country (96%) including 123 out of 124 aspirational districts, 51% representation from girls, 84% participation from schools located in rural areas of the country and 71% of the schools run by the State / UT Governments.
- Of 6.53 lakh, a total of 53,021 students were identified for financial support of ₹10,000 each so that they could develop prototypes of the ideas which they submitted for the scheme.
- During the year 2020-21, a total of 6.53 Lakh ideas and innovations were received from all States and UTs of the country.
India’s 1st lithium-ion cell factory inaugurated in Andhra Pradesh
- The Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology, Rajeev Chandrasekhar has launched the pre-production run of India’s first lithium-ion cell manufacturing facility at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
- This state-of-the-art facility has been set up by Chennai-based Munoth Industries Limited with an outlay of Rs 165 crores.
- The facility is located in one of the two Electronics Manufacturing Clusters set up in the temple town, by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2015.
- The installed capacity of the plant at present is 270 MWH and can produce 20,000 cells of 10Ah capacity daily. These cells are used in power banks and this capacity is around 60 percent of India’s present requirement.
- Cells for other consumer electronics like mobile phones, hearable and wearable devices will also be produced.
- Currently, India imports complete requirements of lithium-ion cells primarily from China, South Korea, Vietnam, and Hong Kong.
USAID and UNICEF launch series titled ‘Door Se Namaste’
- The US Agency for International Development (USAID) and UNICEF has launched the Doordarshan and YouTube series titled ‘Door Se Namaste’ in New Delhi.
- It is a fictional Hindi series developed in an educational format highlighting the challenges of a post-pandemic world and promoting the adoption of healthy behaviour and practices.
- The programme will be telecast on every Sunday from 11 AM to 12 noon.
National Logistics Policy launched in New Delhi
- PM Narendra Modi has launched the National Logistics Policy (NLP) in New Delhi.
- National Logistics Policy is a comprehensive effort to address issues of high cost and inefficiency.
- The policy is an endeavour to improve the competitiveness of Indian goods, enhancing economic growth and increasing employment opportunities.
- To improve connectivity, the government has been doing systemic infrastructure development through schemes such as Sagarmala, Bharatmala, and Dedicated Freight Corridor.
- The total capacity of Indian ports has increased significantly and the average turn-around time of container vessels has come down from 44 hours to 26 hours. Through waterways, we can do eco-friendly and cost-effective transportation.
- India’s logistics cost as a proportion of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is believed to be around 13-14 percent. The government now aims to bring it down to single digits as soon as possible.
- Some states such as Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Mizoram, Rajasthan, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh have already formed their logistics policy. Logistics policies of 13 states are still in the draft stage
PM Modi launched world’s first Cheetah Rehabilitation Project
- PM Narendra Modi has released wild Cheetahs, which had become extinct from India, in Kuno National Park.
- Cheetahs which have been brought from Namibia are being introduced in India under Project Cheetah, which is the world’s first inter-continental large wild carnivore translocation project.
- Out of the eight Cheetahs, there are five female and three male.
- The cheetahs are brought under Project Cheetah to reintroduce the big cat in India after they were officially declared extinct in 1952, and the last cheetah was killed in India in 1947.
Varanasi nominated as first-ever SCO Tourism and Cultural Capital
- Varanasi has been nominated as the first-ever Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Tourism and Cultural Capital during the period 2022-2023.
- It was nominated at the 22nd Meeting of the SCO Council of Heads of State in Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
- A number of events will be hosted in Varanasi during 2022-23, for which guests will be invited to participate from the SCO Member States.
- These events are expected to attract Ideologists, scholars, authors, musicians and artists, photo journalists and travel bloggers.
India ranked fourth on Global Crypto Adoption Index 2022
- A Chainalysis Global Crypto Adoption report 2022 has released that for the second consecutive year.
- Vietnam is ranked first in crypto currency adoption with an overall index ranking of 1.000, and India stood at 4th with an index score of 0.663.
- USA has moved up to fifth in our index rankings from eighth in 2021 and sixth in 2020.
- China re-entered the top ten of the Chainalysis index this year after placing 13th in 2021.
- In the 2021 edition of the index, India stood at the second position, just behind Vietnam.
- This index, published by crypto analysis firm Chainalysis, tracks countries adopting crypto currencies or investing in digital assets.
- Human Development Index 2021 – India ranked 132;topped by Switzerland
- Henley Passport Index 2022 – India ranked 87th; topped by Japan
- Ookla’s Speedtest Global Index 2022 – India ranked 118th; topped by Norway
- Expat Insider Rankings for 2022 – India ranked 36th; topped by Mexico
- Global Gender Gap Report 2022 – India ranked 135th; topped by Iceland
- Global Liveability Index 2022 – New Delhi 112th position, Mumbai 117th position; topped by Vienna, Austria
- Global Skills Report (GSR) 2022 – India ranked 68th; topped by Switzerland
- World Competitiveness Index 2022 – India ranked 37th; topped by Denmark
- Global Hunger Index (GHI) 2021 – India ranked 101st
- Environmental Performance Index 2022 – India ranked 180th; topped by Denmark
- Singapore emerged as the top country with the highest FDI in India in FY22, followed by USA
- Expat Insider Rankings for 2022: India ranks 36th topped by Mexico
India takes over SCO rotating presidency, to host SCO summit in 2023
- The rotational presidency of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) was handed over to India in Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
- India will hold the presidency of the grouping for a year until September 2023.
- The next meeting of the SCO Council of Heads of State will be held in 2023 in India.
- Iran will also become a permanent member of SCO in 2023 under the presidency of India.
About Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)
- Founded – 2001
- Headquarters – Beijing, China
- Secretary General – Zhang Ming (China)
- Member Countries – 9 (Iran, China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan & Uzbekistan)
- SCO Summit 2021 – Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
- SCO Summit 2022 – Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
- SCO Summit 2023 – India
- The founding members (5) of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) were China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan. India and Pakistan officially joined this organization in 2017
China and UAE to join hands on moon rover missions
- The Mohammed Bin Rashid Space Centre (MBRSC) of the UAE and the China National Space Agency (CNSA) have signed an MoU to work together on the UAE’s moon missions.
- This agreement marks the first joint space project between the two countries.
- Under the mission, the UAE will develop a rover named Rashid-2 & China will help it with the landing, data transmission, observation, and control.
- Capital – Beijing
- Currency – Yuan
- President – Xi Jinping
About United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Capital – Abu Dhabi
- Currency – Dirham
- President – Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Prime Minister – Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Appointment and Resignation
Sumant Kathpalia re-appointed as MD & CEO IndusInd Bank
- IndusInd Bank has re-appointed Sumant Kathpalia as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the bank for three years with effect from March 24, 2023.
- Kathpalia was first appointed as MD & CEO of IndusInd Bank in March 2020.
- Prior to joining IndusInd Bank, Kathpalia had stints with Citibank, Bank of America and ABN Amro.
- Founded – 1994
- Founder – S.P. Hinduja
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra,
- MD & CEO – Sumant Kathpalia
- Tagline – We Make You Feel Richer
- MD & CEO of CSB Bank – Pralay Mondal
- MD of NaBFID – Rajkiran Rai
- Chairman of Naryara Energy – Prasad K
- CEO of American Express India – Sanjay Khanna
- CMD of Shipping Corporation of India – Binesh Kumar Tyagi
- MD & CEO of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank – Krishnan Sankarasubramaniam
- Whole-time member of SEBI – Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan
- MD of IDFC Limited – Mahendra Shah
- Non-executive directors of RBL Bank – Gopal Jain & Sivakumar Gopalan
- NDDB Chairman – Meenesh Shah (extend 6 months)
Swati Piramal conferred with top French civilian honour
- Prominent Indian scientist & Vice Chairperson of Piramal Group Swati Piramal has been conferred with France’s top civilian honour ‘Knight of the Legion of Honour’
- The highest French civilian award comes in recognition of Piramal’s outstanding achievements and contribution in the fields of business and industry, science, medicine, art and culture, both nationally and internationally.
- In 2006, she was also awarded the Knight of the Order of Merit, France’s 2nd highest civilian honour.
- Piramal is also the recipient of the Padma Shri.
- Lok Nayak Foundation Sahitya Puraskar – Tanikella Bharani
- International Tourism award 2023 – West Bengal (for best destination for culture)
- Emmy award for his narration in Netflix documentary – Barack Obama (Our Great National Parkss
- Liberty Medal 2022 – Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy
- Pulitzer Prize 2022 in Illustrated Reporting – Fahmida Azim (Bangladesh)
Pranav Anand becomes India’s 76th Chess Grandmaster
- 15-year -old Bengaluru teenager Pranav Anand became India’s 76th Grandmaster after he crossed the 2,500 Elo mark in the ongoing World Youth Chess Championship in Mamaia, Romania.
- He defeated France’s Augustin Droin to claim the U-14 Open gold with 9 points from 11 rounds, a day after fulfilling the requirement to become India’s 76th Grandmaster.
- Pranav cleared each of the 3 GM norms required for the title, besides scoring over 2,500 Elo points.
- In July 2021, 12-year-old Abhimanyu Mishra of US became the world’s youngest chess Grandmaster.
GRAND MASTERS OF INDIA (Chess)
- 75th – V. Pranav (Tamil Nadu)
- 74th – Rahul Shrivastava P (Telangana)
- 73rd – Bharath Subramanian (Tamil Nadu)
- 72nd – Mitrabha Guha (West Bengal)
- 71st – Sankalp Gupta (Maharstra)
- 70th – Raja Ritwik (Telangana)
Book and Author
‘Muskurate Chand Lamhe aur Kuchh Khamoshiyan’ book released
- Actor Manoj Bajpayee has released a book titled ‘Muskurate Chand Lamhe Aur Kuchh Khamoshiyan’.
- The book is a collection of poems.
- It has been authored by Jiwesh Nandan. He is a retired IAS officer of UP cadre (1987 batch).
- He has also penned a book named ‘Maha Kumbh: A Spiritual Journey.
- Ambedkar and Modi – Reformer’s Ideas Performer’s Implementation’ – lauched by Ram Nath Kovind
- Forging Mettle: Nrupender Rao and the Pennar Story – Pavan C. Lall
- The Hero of Tiger Hill – Subedar Major Yogendra Yadav (Autobiography)
- India’s Economy From Nehru To Modi : A Brief History – Pulapre Balakrishnan
- New India: Selected Writings 2014-19 – Launched by Former VP M Venkaiah Naidu
- Bibi: My Story – Benjamin Netanyahu’s Autobiography
- Field Guide, Birds of India’ – published by ZSI
- Dilip Kumar: In the Shadow of a Legend – Faisal Farooqui
18 September – World Bamboo Day
- World Bamboo Day is celebrated every year on September 18.
- Objective – To spread awareness about bamboo conservation & to promote the global bamboo industry
- The bamboo plant is known for being one of the fastest-growing plants in the world.
- After China, India is the second largest cultivator of bamboo in the entire world.
- World Bamboo Day was first celebrated in 2009.
17 September 2022 – International Red Panda Day
- International Red Panda Day is celebrated every year on the third Saturday of September.
- In 2022, this day falls on 17 September.
- Objective – To raise awareness about the red panda conservation issues.
- Red pandas are native to the rainy mountain forests of India, Nepal, Bhutan, northern Myanmar, and central China.
- September 18, 2010, was the first time that International Red Panda Day was celebrated.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here