Current Affairs 1st and 2nd October 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
IRCTC signed an agreement with Chhattisgarh toursim board to promote tourist spots of state
- The Chhattisgarh Tourism Board has signed an MoU with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to promote tourist places of the state.
- The IRCTC will attract travelers from all over the country by promoting Chattisgarh’s tourism on their social media websites like Twitter, and Facebook.
- Tourism in the state was neglected for a long time and even after the formation of the state (in 2000) it could not get due popularity and the focus remained centred on Maoist issues.
- Capital – Raipur
- Chief Minister – Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor – Anusuiya Uikey
- UPL partnered with CleanMax on 61.05 MW solar-wind project in Gujarat
- Odisha Government signed an MoU with NIOT for protecting coastline
- Andhra Pradesh govt signed an MoU with NISG for integrated land management system
- Andhra Pradesh signed an MoU with Parley for the Oceans to save seas from pollution
- CPRI signed an MoU with Chhattisgarh Government to set up a regional testing lab
AIFF launched football development scheme in Arunachal Pradesh
- The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has launched its Grassroots Football Development (GFD) scheme in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Objective – To tap, select and nurture football talents in the age group of 6 to 12 years.
- The state government would begin this scheme in 100 schools.
- Physical training teachers of selected schools would be trained by AIFF experts so that they are technically equipped to train budding footballers in their respective schools.
- Schools with existing infrastructure along with a qualified physical training teacher would be given preference.
About Arunachal Pradesh
- Capital – Itanagar
- Chief Minister – Pema Khandu
- Governor – D. Mishra
Centre bans PFI and its associates for 5 years
- The government has declared the Popular Front of India (PFI) and its associates or affiliates or fronts as unlawful associations with immediate effect for 5 years.
- This has been done in exercise of powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967 (37 of 1967).
- The associated or affiliates include Rehab India Foundation, Campus Front of India, etc.
Centre gives 4% hike in DA to its employees and pensioners
- The Union Cabinet has increased the dearness allowance (DA) and dearness relief by 4 percent effective July 1, 2022, benefiting 4.18 million central government employees and 6.97 million pensioners.
- The additional installment of DA and dearness relief (DR) is an increase of 4 percent over the existing rate of 34 percent of basic pay/pension.
- The increase in the DA and DR is based on the percentage increase in 12 monthly average of All India Consumer Price Index for the period ending June, 2022.
Haryana to Build the ‘World’s Largest Jungle Safari’
- Haryana will develop the world’s largest jungle safari park in the Aravalli range.
- The 10,000-acre safari park will cover Gurugram and Nuh districts.
- The largest artfully curated safari park outside of Africa is currently located in Sharjah. The Sharjah Safari, which was opened in February 2022. It spans roughly 2,000 acres.
- The Jungle safari project of Haryana would be a joint project of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and the Haryana government. Under the scheme, the central government will also provide funds to Haryana for the project.
- An Aravalli Foundation will also be set up to manage the project.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor – Bandaru Dattatreya
Government approved Railways proposal for redevelopment of 3 major stations
- Union Cabinet has approved Indian Railways’ proposal for the redevelopment of 3 major railway stations in the country.
- These are New Delhi Railway Station, Ahmedabad Railway Station and Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus in Mumbai.
- The project involves an investment of approximately ₹10,000 crores.
- Currently, the redevelopment of 199 railway stations across India is already underway. The first phase of the project is covering stations having footfalls of 50 lakhs and above each year.
- The overall cost of the redevelopment of these 199 stations as well as the New Delhi, CSMT and Ahmedabad railway stations is Rs.60,000 crore.
- The progress the re-development work of station with 10 lakhs and above will begin in the second phase.
- Chairman of Railway Board – V K Tripathi
Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu topped destinations for foreign tourists in 2021
- Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu had the highest numbers of foreign tourist visits, with 1.26 million & 1.23 million, respectively in 2021, as per a report by Union Tourism Ministry.
- The report titled ‘India Tourism Statistics 2022’ was released by Vice-President Jagdeep Dhankhar in New Delhi.
- The number of foreign tourist arrivals (FTAs) in India during 2021 decreased to 1.52 million as compared to 2.74 million in 2020, registering a negative growth of 44.5 percent.
- The total number of foreign visitors for 2021-22 was 3,18,673 declining 23.4 percent on year from 4,15,859 in 2020-21.
- Taj Mahal was the most popular centrally-protected ticketed monument for domestic visitors in 2021-22, while the Group of Monuments at Mamallapuram in Tamil Nadu was the most visited centrally-protected ticketed monument for foreign visitors during the same period.
- The two states with the most domestic tourists visiting are Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh with 140.65 million and 86.12 million, respectively.
Ministry of Women and Child Development organized Poshan Utsav
- Ministry of Women and Child Development has organized Poshan Utsav from 30 September to 2nd October 2022 at Kartavya path in New Delhi.
- It is being held to celebrate the culmination of the 5th Rashtriya Poshan Maah.
- It will have cultural performances, poshan parades, health check-up camps, healthy food stalls, and games with a message of nutrition
About Rashtriya Poshan Maah
- Under Poshan Abhiyaan, the month of September is observed as Poshan Maah every year, since 2018.
- It includes one month of activities focused on antenatal care, breastfeeding, anaemia, growth monitoring, girl child education, diet, right age of marriage, hygiene and healthy eating (food nutrition).
- Poshan Abhiyan was launched by the Prime Minister on the occasion of the International Women’s Day on 8th March, 2018 from Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan.
CBI launched Operation ‘GARUDA’ to dismantle drug networks
- The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has launched a multi-phase ‘Operation Garuda’ against illicit drug trafficking network.
- During this special operation with several state police forces including from Punjab, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Manipur, Maharashtra, and Narcotics Control Bureau, around 6,600 suspects/persons were checked; 127 new cases were registered and around 175 persons including six absconders/proclaimed offenders arrested.
- This global operation was initiated in close coordination with Interpol and Narcotics Control Bureau, with special focus on Indian Ocean region.
- Operation Garuda seeks to target drug networks with international footprints for action against handlers & production zones.
About Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
- Founded – 1942
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Motto – Industry, Impartiality, Integrity
- Director General – Subodh Kumar Jaiswal
Banking and Financial
BSE received SEBI final approval to launch EGR on its platform
- Leading stock exchange Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) has received the final approval from SEBI for introducing the Electronic Gold Receipt (EGR) on its platform.
- EGRs will cater to all market participants, which means that buyers and sellers on the exchange will include individual investors, as well as commercial participants along the value chain like importers, banks, refiners, jewellery manufacturers, etc.
- The EGR platform will lead to greater assurance in the quality of gold supplied, efficient price discovery, and transparency in transacting. This can create a vibrant gold ecosystem in India by enabling actual fungibility of gold, which is the need of the hour.
- India is the second largest consumer of gold globally with an annual gold demand of approximately 800-900 tonnes and holds an important position in the global markets.
About Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
- Founded – 1875
- Headquarters – Mumbai Maharashtra
- Chairman – Subhash Sheoratan Mundra
- MD & CEO -Ashish Kumar Chauhan
India’s current account deficit rises 2.8%to USD 23.9 billion in Q1
- The Reserve Bank of India has informed that India’s current account balance recorded a deficit of 23.9 billion dollars in the first quarter of FY23, an increase of 13.4 billion from the last quarter.
- This rise of the current account deficit was from 1.5 percent of GDP to 2.8 percent of GDP.
- The net outgo of investment income payments also increased from 7.5 billion dollars to 9.3 billion dollars.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Founded – 1 April 1935
- RBI Nationalized – 1 January 1949
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- RBI set up – Hilton Young Commission
- 1st Governor – Sir Osborne Smith (Australia)
- 1st Indian Governor – CD Deshmukh
- 25th Governor – Shaktikanta Das
- RBI Deputy Governor (4) – 1. Tavarna Rabi Sankar
- Mukesh Kumar Jain
- Michael D Patra
- M Rajeshwar Rao
Appointment and Resignation
Rajneet Kohli appointed as CEO of Britannia Industries
- Packaged foods company Britannia Industries Ltd. has announced the appointment of Rajneet Singh Kohli as the company’s Chief Executive Officer.
- Rajneet joins Britannia from food services company Jubilant Food Works (JFL).
- He has held various positions including in Asian Paints and Coca-Cola.
- Varun Berry has been appointed as Executive Vice-Chairman and Managing Director.
About Britannia Industries Limited
- Founded– 1892
- Headquarters– Bengaluru
- CEO – Rajneet Kohli
- VC & MD – Varun Berry
- Parent organization– Wadia Group
- Attorney General of India – R Venkataramani
- Director General of ESIC – Rajendra Kumar
- Independent Director of Stashfin – Vijay Jasuja
- MD and CEO of NPCI – Dilip Asbe (re-appointment)
- MD and Chairman of RailTel Corp – Sanjai Kumar
Vinayak Godse appointed as new CEO of Data Security Council of India
- Premier industry body Data Security Council of India (DSCI) established by NASSCOM, has appointed its senior vice president Vinayak Godse as the new CEO.
- Godse succeeded Rama Vedashree, who oversaw Data Security Council of India (DSCI) for nearly six years.
- Vedashree also served on the Justice BN Srikrishna committee, which was charged with developing a model for the nation’s Personal Data Protection Bill.
About Data Security Council of India (DSCI)
- Founded- 2008
- Founder- NASSCOM
- Headquarters – Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Chairman- Rajendra S Pawar
- Director of AIIMS Delhi – Dr. M Srinivas
- Director General of ICMR – Dr. Rajiv Bahl
- Director General of National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG) – Bharat Lal
- President of Hockey India – Dilip Tirkey
Lalit Bhasin elected new IACC national president
- Noted lawyer Lalit Bhasin has been appointed as the national president of Indian American Chambers of Commerce (IACC).
- A well – known name in business and social circles Bhasin was the executive vice president of IACC.
- Bhasin is the 54th national president of IACC, which was set up in October 1968 and is headquartered in Mumbai.
- He is closely associated with India’s apex business organizations like CII, PHD CCI and served as chairman of its legal committees.
- Interim Head of AICTE – Jagadesh Kumar
- CMD of NHPC – Yamuna Kumar Chaubey
- Interim Chairman of ONGC – Rajesh Kumar Srivastava
- Interim chairman at GAIL – M V lyer
- DG of News Services Division of AIR – Vasudha Gupta
S Bharathan appointed as Director-refineries at HPCL
- S Bharathan has been appointed as director, refineries at Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (HPCL).
- He replaced Vinod S Shenoy.
- HPCL is the 3rd-largest oil refining and fuel marketing company.
- Bharathan earlier served as executive director, Refineries Coordination, with additional charge of research and development (R&D).
- Bharathan has wide exposure to the refinery operations of the company and has worked in operations and technical departments of Mumbai and Visakh refinery for over 25 years.
About Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- Founded – 1974
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Pushp Kumar Joshi
Uttarakhand awarded for adventure tourism
- Uttarakhand received the first prize in two categories, for the best adventure tourism destination and all-around development of tourism from the Ministry of Tourism.
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankar awarded this prize to the State Tourism and Culture Minister of Uttarakhand Satpal Maharaj.
- The awards were presented on the occasion of World Tourism Day.
- Capital – Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Chief Minister – Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Governor – Gurmit Singh
- Best adventure tourism destination award – Uttarakhand
- Lata Mangeshkar Award 2021 – Kumar Sanu
- Lata Mangeshkar Award 2020 – Anand-Milind
- Lata Mangeshkar Award 2019 – Shailendra Singh
- 52nd Dadasaheb Phalke Award – Asha Parekh
- First Queen Elizabeth II Woman award – Indian-origin Suella Braverman
- German PEN award – Indian author & poet Meena Kandasamy
68th National Film Awards announced
- President Droupadi Murmu has presented the 68th National Film Awards in New Delhi.
- Dadasaheb Phalke Award for 2020 was given to actress Asha Parekh for her exemplary lifetime contribution to Indian Cinema.
- Best feature film award – Soorarai Pottru (Tamil film)
- Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment – Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior (Hindi film)
- Best Actor award – Ajay Devgn (Tanhaji -The Unsung Warrior) & Suriya (Soorarai Pottru)
- Best Actress Award – Parna Balamurali (Soorarai Pottru)
- Best Director Award – Sachidanandan KR (Malayalam Film: AK Ayyappanum Koshiyum)
Srishti Bakshi won ‘Changemaker’ award at UN SDG Action Awards
- Indian women’s rights activist Srishti Bakshi was honoured with the ‘Changemaker’ award at UN SDG (United Nations Sustainable Development Goals) Action Awards.
- The award is given to recognize the efforts of Srishti Bakshi to raise awareness of gender-based violence and inequality.
- This is a flagship of the UN SDG Action Campaign that ‘Mobilise, Inspire and Connect’ people to drive action towards a more sustainable future on a healthy planet.
- Top French civilian honour – Swati Piramal
- Lok Nayak Foundation Sahitya Puraskar – Tanikella Bharani
- International Tourism award 2023 – West Bengal (for best destination for culture)
- Emmy award for his narration in Netflix documentary – Barack Obama (Our Great National Parks)
1 October 2022 – National Pension System (NPS) Diwas
- Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority, PFRDA has observed 1st of October as the National Pension System Diwas (NPS Diwas).
- Objective – To encourage every citizen, whether working professionals or self-employed professionals, to plan towards creating a pension corpus to ensure a financially sound future after retirement
- PFRDA is organizing this campaign under ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- The Day was established last year as part of a programme to encourage pension and retirement plans for worry-free and Azad retiring.
- This initiative is being promoted by PFRDA via its social media channels every year.
- PFRDA Chairperson – Supratim Bandyopadhya
2 October – International Day of Non-Violence
- International Day of Non-Violence is observed every year on 2 October.
- Objective – To spread the message of non-violence through public awareness and education.
- Theme 2022 – End racism, Build Peace
- The United Nations observed his birth anniversary, October 2, as International Day of Non-Violence. Because it was through his impact, that the world now associates “non-violence” synonyms with Mahatma Gandhi.
2 October – Gandhi Jayanti
- Gandhi Jayanti is observed every year on October 2 to mark the birth anniversary of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, often known as Mahatma Gandhi.
- This year marks the 153rd anniversary of Gandhi’s birth.
- On June 15, 2007, the United Nations General Assembly declared October 2 as International Day of Non-violence in his honour.
- The day honours the “universal significance of the concept of nonviolence” with the goal to “secure a culture of peace, tolerance, understanding, and nonviolence.
- Before leading the Indian freedom movement, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi used to live in South Africa to fight against injustice & class division.
- Gandhi ji arrived in South Africa on 24 May 1893 to attend to a legal matter of Dada Abdullah Jhaveri.
- In no time, Gandhi ji became the leader of the South African Indian community. From 1893 to 1914, Gandhi ji worked as an attorney & a public worker.
- Gandhi ji formed the Natal Indian Congress in 1894 in South Africa.
- Inspired by English author John Ruskin’s book ‘Unto This Last’, Gandhi ji set up Phoenix Farm near Durban.
- Here, he trained his cadres on non-violent Satyagraha.
- In Sept 1906, he organized the first Satyagraha campaign to protest against the Transvaal Asiatic ordinance that was constituted against the local Indians.
First Chairperson of NCW Jayanti Patnaik passed away
- Jayanti Pattnaik former MP and wife of late Odisha Chief Minister Janaki Ballav Pattnaik passed away recently.
- A renowned social worker, Patnaik was the first chairperson of the National Commission for Women (NCW).
- She headed the commission from February 3, 1992 to January 30, 1995.
- She was also the President of the All India Mahila Congress in 1987.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here