Daily GK Update 1 June 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
MP government launches scheme to award people for planting trees
- The Madhya Pradesh government announced the launch of Ankur, a scheme under which citizens will be awarded for planting trees during monsoon.
- A sapling plantation campaign will be carried out during the monsoon. Participants will have to upload a picture while planting the sapling and then upload another photograph after taking care of the sapling for 30 days. The winners will then be selected from each district, following a verification, to get the Pranvayu Award.
- Citizens can participate in the tree plantation drive by registering themselves on the Vayudoot app, which has been launched by the state for managing the activities of the “Ankur” program.
Note: About MP
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
International (Current Affairs)
IIM-Ahmedabad Best in Country, 68 Indian Institutes in Top 2000: Centre for World University Ranking
- As many as 68 Indian institutes have made it to the list of the top 2000 higher education institutes across the world, as per the Centre for World University Rankings (CWUR) 2021-22. The Indian pack is led by the IIM-Ahmedabad which has bagged 415th rank followed by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) at 459th rank.
- Harvard University has topped the ranking globally followed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, University of Cambridge, and Oxford University respectively.
CWUR Ranking 2021: Top 10 Indian Institutes
- Global Rank 415: IIM Ahmedabad
- Global Rank 459: Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
- Rank 543: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
- Rank 557: IIT Madras
- Rank 567: IIT Bombay
- Rank 571: University of Delhi
- Rank 623: IIT Delhi
- Rank 708: IIT Kharagpur
- Rank 709: Panjab University
- Rank 818: IIT Kanpur
TCS opens its first European innovation centre in Amsterdam, Netherland
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) will bring universities, businesses, startups and government together at its latest innovation hub in Amsterdam to help use digital technology to solve sustainability challenges.
- It will focus on sustainability challenges faced by organisations and becomes the first in a network of hubs, known as TCS Pace Ports, in Europe.
Banking & Financial
OECD estimate growth cut of India to 9.9% FY22
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) has cut India’s growth projection to 9.9 % for Financial Year 2022. In March, it estimated growth to 12.6%. Rate was cut witnessing covid cases lockdowns which have threatened to stall nascent economic recovery of India.
- As per OECD, “pandemic can be contained quickly but GDP (gross domestic product) growth will still be about 10% in 2021-22 and 8% in 2022-23.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-10.1%
- Brickwork Ratings-11%
SBI revises FY22 GDP projection to 7.9%
- Economic research department of State Bank of India has published “Ecowrap 2021” report and revised real GDP projection for Financial Year 2022 to 7.9 percent from 10.4 percent earlier.
- GDP outlook will be impacted by trajectory of international commodity prices in current financial year.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 10.1%
- S&P Global Ratings-11%
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)-5%
- HSBC: 11.2%
Indian economy to grow 9.3% in FY22: Moody’s
- Indian economy would rebound in the current fiscal ending March 2022 and clock a growth of 9.3 per cent, but a severe second COVID wave has increased risks to India’s credit profile and rated entities.
- Moody’s, which has a ‘Baa3’ rating on India with a negative outlook, said it expects a decline in economic activity in the June quarter due to reimposition of lockdown measures along with behavioural changes on fear of contagion.
WHO honours Dr Harsh Vardhan for efforts in tobacco control
- World Health Organisation (WHO) has awarded Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan with `WHO Director-General Special Recognition Award` for his accomplishments in the area of tobacco control.
- Every year, WHO recognises individuals or organisations in each of the six WHO Regions for their accomplishments in the area of tobacco control.
1st June: World Milk Day
- June 1 is observed as the World Milk Day by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations to celebrate the dairy sector and highlight the importance of milk products as a global food. Every year since June 1, 2000, this day is celebrated with various events and programs aimed to highlight the importance of milk.
- Theme 2021:’Sustainability in the dairy sector with messages around the environment, nutrition, and socio-economics’.
1st June: Global Parents Day
- June 1 marks the Global Day of Parents that honours and appreciates parents around the world for their selfless commitment to children and their countless sacrifices.
- Theme 2021: “Appreciate all parents throughout the world.”
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|