Current Affairs 1st June 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Gujarat to host National Education Ministers’ Conference
- Recently, Gujarat is the state which is to host the two-day national Education Ministers Conference.
- This meeting will be attended by Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan with other UT and State ministers.
- This meeting will focus on the implementation of the National Education Policy 2020 with digital projects like National Digital Education Architecture and the National Educational Technology Forum, among others.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Bhupendra Bhai Patel
Tata Motors signs pact for Potential Acquisition in Gujarat
- Tata Passenger Electric Mobility Limited (subsidiary of Tata Motors Ltd) and Ford India Private Limited (FIPL) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of Gujarat (GoG) for the potential acquisition of FIPL’s Sanand vehicle manufacturing facility.
- The MoU also includes transfer of all eligible employees of FIPL Sanand’s vehicle manufacturing operations, subject to the signing of definitive agreements and receipt of relevant approvals.
- The Ford India vehicle manufacturing site is a state-of-the art site at Sanand.
- Under the MoU, this would install 300,000 units p.a. capacity.
About Tata Motors Ltd:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: R. D. Tata
- Founded: 1945, Mumbai
ICF Chennai manufactures ‘Gati Sakthi’ trains- India’s first semi-high speed freight train likely to run by December
- India’s first semi-high speed freight train is likely to hit the tracks by December.
- The 16-coach ‘Gati Shakti’ train can clock 160 kmph and will be manufactured at the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai.
- To implement PM Gati Shakti, the Railways has created a separate directorate at the Railway Board with its branches at Khurda, Bilaspur, Delhi and Bengaluru divisions.
- The Railways is planning to target the e-commerce and courier parcel segment through these trains.
- The Indian Railways is aiming to increase its share in freight transportation from the present 27 per cent to 45 per cent by 2030 through better infrastructure and business development plans, according to the National Rail Plan.
Common platform called Jan Samarth to be launched soon
- To improve the ease of living for the common man, the government is planning to launch ‘Jan Samarth’.
- It is a common portal for delivery of various schemes run by different ministries and departments.
- The new portal plans to initially onboard 15 credit-linked government schemes
- The offerings will be gradually expanded, depending on compatibility, as some of the Centrally Sponsored Schemes are involved with various multiple agencies.
- Schemes like Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme (CLCSS) are being administered by different ministries.
- The proposed portal intends to bring these schemes on a single platform.
- The portal facilitates in-principle approval of loans for MSMEs and other borrowers in 59 minutes by various state-owned banks compared to the earlier turnaround time of 20-25 days.
- The platform is integrated with the government’s Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE) to check borrowers’ eligibility.
- In 2018, when the portal was launched within two-to-three months state-owned banks provided in-principle approval to 12 lakh loan applications of micro, small and medium enterprises, totalling Rs 37,412 crore.
Shri Amit Shah laid the foundation stone of an Olympic-level sports complex in Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- The Union Minister of Home Affairs and Minister of Cooperation Shri Amit Shah, laid the foundation stone of an Olympic-level sports complex at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- The construction cost of the project is Rs. 932 crores.
- The world’s largest cricket stadium located in Ahmedabad has also been named as Narendra Modi Cricket Stadium.
- With Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Narendra Modi Stadium, Naranpura Sports Complex and three other sports complexes, our preparation of international level grounds, stadiums for all sports for the Olympics will be completed.
- Within thirty months the sports complex will get completed.
Governor: Acharya Devvrat
Chief minister: Bhupendra Bhai Patel
President of India Inaugurates the 59th Mahaadhiveshan of Akhil Bhartiya Ayurved Mahasammelan at Ujjain
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 59th Mahaadhiveshan of Akhil Bhartiya Ayurved Mahasammelan at Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh.
- He also inaugurated the new building of the Government Ayurved Medical College, Ujjain.
- The purpose was to increase awareness among the general public about Ayurveda; that the teachers of Ayurveda will produce qualified doctors through such quality education who can provide affordable treatment to the people; and that the researchers will increase the reach, effectiveness and popularity of Ayurveda through research, documentation and validation in new areas of treatment and epidemiology of diseases.
Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Israel and UAE signed MoU as their first free trade agreement
- Israel and the UAE has signed an MoU with Israel’s Economy and Industry Minister Orna Barbivay and the UAE’s Economy Minister Abdalla Bin Touq Al Marri over the first free trade agreement.
- This agreement will increase bilateral trade in goods and services, increase Israeli exports to the United Arab Emirates, and provide customs exemption on 96% of trade between the countries: food, agriculture, cosmetics, medical equipment, medication, and more.
Currency: Israeli Shekel
President: Isaac Herzog
Prime minister: Naftali Bennett
118th India-Pakistan Bilateral Meeting on the Indus Water Treaty to be held
- The Permanent Indus Commission conference which takes place yearly under the Indus Waters Treaty (IWT) is now ging to take place between India and Pakistan.
- The purpose of the meeting is to discuss over the issue of advance flood information and the annual report of the Permanent Commission of Indus Waters (PCIW).
- Also, discussed about the 1,000 MW Pakal Dul under Article IX of the Indus Waters Treaty, 48 MW Lower Kalnai and 624 MW Kiru project hydropower projects being built by India on the west-flowing rivers.
Forbes Magazine, Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia list 2022 released
- Recently, Forbes magazine has released its 7th Edition of Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 2022.
- This magazine features 10 categories in which each honouring 30 individuals under the age of 30.
- This list was edited by Rana Wehbe Watson.
- The list is represented from the 22 countries and territories across the Asia-Pacific region.
- India tops the list in terms of the number of entries with 61.
- Rest followed as Singapore (34), Japan (33), Australia (32), Indonesia (30) and China (28).
- The average age of the 2022 list is 26.8.
- The youngest honouree is of 14 years who belongs to Japan (Japanese Olympics skateboarding gold-medalist Momiji Nishiya).
Categories of the list:
- The Arts (Art & Style, Food & Drink)
- Entertainment & Sports
- Finance & Venture Capital
- Media, Marketing & Advertising
- Retail & eCommerce
- Enterprise Technology
- Industry, Manufacturing & Energy
- Healthcare & Science
- Social Impact and
- Consumer Technology
- Shiv Parekh, Founder- hBits
- Samyak Jain and Sowmay Jain, Cofounders – Instadapp Labs
- Lavika Aggarwal and Sajal Khanna, Cofounders – Akudo
- Rohan Nayak, Cofounder – Pocket FM
- Trinetra Haldar Gummaraju, Content creator
- Vivan Marwaha, Author
- Masoom Minawala, Content creator
- Ranveer Allahbadia and Viraj Sheth, Cofounders – Monk Entertainment
- Soniya Kundnani and Darshan Shah, Cofounders – NewsReach
- Niharika NM, Content creator
- Shreya Patel, Founder – Window Dreams Productions
- Shlok Srivastava, Founder – Tech Burner
- Ravish Agrawal, Swatantra Kumar and Siddharth Srivastava, Cofounders – Able Jobs
- Shreyans Sancheti and Harish Uthayakumar, Cofounders – Bluelearn
- Jhansi Elango, Co-CEO – Chutney
- Shourya Agarwal, Rajat Gupta and Malhar Patil, Cofounders – Flam
- Hardik Bansal, Harsh Vardhan Chhangani and Bhanu Pratap Singh Tanwar, Cofounders – FRND
- Neelakantha Bhanu Prakash Jonnalagadda, Founder – Bhanzu
- Harshit Awasthi, Ahmad Faraaz and Sashakt Tripathi, Cofounders – Kalam Labs
- Javed Khatri, Chief Product Officer – eBikeGo
- Arnav Kishore, Founder – Fireboltt
- Bhavya Gohil and Atur Mehta, Cofounders – Square Off
- Sujay Suresh Kumar, Cofounder – Lilu
- Pubarun Basu, Photographer
- Alfiya Attarwala and Sarrah Kapasi, Cofounders – D-Alive Health
- Vidur Gupta, Cofounder – Third Eye Distillery
- Harsh Kedia, Founder – A Diabetic Chef
- Osheen Siva, Artist
- Pallav Bihani, Founder – Boldfit
- Raunaq Singh Anand and Rhea Singh Anand, Cofounders – Flexnest
- Anik Bhandari, Siddhant Bhargava, Anirudh Ganeriwal and Devaj Jhunjhunwala, Cofounders – Food Darzee
- Abhishek Negi, Cofounder – Eggoz
- Stuti Gupta, Cofounder – Amrutam
- Vedant Lamba, Founder – Mainstreet
- Dawn Thomas, Cofounder – V&RO Hospitality
- Aadit Palicha and Kaivalya Vohra, Cofounders – Zepto
- Kirti Jangra and Neetu Yadav, Cofounders – Animall
- Shaily Garg, Founder- GlobalFair Technologies
- Ben K George and Nanma Gireesh, Cofounders – NestAbide
- Manav Garg and Kunal Jain, Cofounders – Nexprt
- Anshu Abhishek and Vikram Singh Meena, Cofounders – Techeagle Innovations
- Nikhil Tripathi, Cofounder – Bijak
- Suvrat Bhooshan, Founder – Gan Studio
- Rajit Bhattacharya, Ankit Das and Aisik Paul, Cofounders – Data Sutram
- Saya Date, Cofounder – Linecraft AI
- Prashant Kumar, Cofounder – BarRaiser
- Milan Singh and Apoorva Verma, Cofounders – Rattle
- Rashid Khan, Cofounder – Yellow.AI
- Namya Mahajan, Siddhant Sachdeva and Vishal Sunil, Cofounders – Rocket Learning
- Aditi Arora, Country Manager – India, Girl Up
- Abhishek Bhattacharya, Cofounder – Whrrl
- Sahil Bansal and Aayush Goel, Cofounders – Kosh
- Jigyasa Labroo, Founder – Slam Out Loud
- Shubham Gupta and Rahul Kumar, Cofounders – ConnectedH
- Prasanna Date, Research Scientist – Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Aman Bhandula and Kaishu Sahu, Cofounders – Farmako
- Prasanth Ganesan, Postdoctoral Researcher – Stanford Medicine
- Shrey Jain, Cofounder – HempStreet Medicare
- Mehak Malik, Cofounder – Uvi Health
- Vivek Jaiswal, Anurag Savarnya and Shivansh Shrivastava, Cofounders – Saveo Healthtech
Border Coordination Conference between the BSF and the BGB gets underway in Bangladesh
- The Border Coordination Conference between India and Bangladesh was opened at Sylhet by Inspector General BSF-Regional Commander BGB.
- The seminar will end on June 4.
- It is a four-day seminar.
- The Indian Team arrived at Bangladesh through Integrated Check Post (ICP) in Dawki, Meghalaya.
- The conference will be led by IG BSF Sumit Sharan and will be attended by five-member BSF team.
- The conference will cover all aspects of border security and administration.
Fortune 500 list: Elon Musk, world’s richest man, was 2021’s highest paid CEO
- Recently, Fortune 500 list was released.
- According to the list, Elon Musk, the multi-billionaire CEO of Tesla and SpaceX is the highest-paid executive in the world.
- This time also, Elon Musk has topped the Fortune 500 list followed by Apple, Netflix, and Microsoft.
List of top 10 most highly compensated CEOs:
Elon Musk, Tesla: USD 23.5 Billion
Tim Cook, Apple: USD 770.5 Million
Jensen Huang, NVIDIA: USD 561 Million
Reed Hastings, Netflix: USD 453.5 Million
Leonard Schleifer, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals: USD 452.9 Million
Marc Benioff, Salesforce: USD 439.4 Million
Satya Nadella, Microsoft: USD 309.4 Million
Robert A. Kotick, Activision Blizzard: USD 296.7 Million
Hock E. Tan, Broadcom: USD 288 Million
Safra A. Catz, Oracle: USD 239.5 Million
Banking and Financial
Tata AIA Life announces Industry first smart value income plan
- Tata AIA Life Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture company established by Tata Sons Pvt. Ltd. and AIA Group Ltd. (AIA)
- They have together launched a ‘Smart Value Income Plan’.
- It is a non-linked, participating life insurance savings plan where the bonus can be adjusted against premium payments.
- This plan also includes first-in-industry features such as the option to accumulate cash bonuses which will earn rewards.
- The age group of 1 and 65 can buy the Smart Value Income Plan, with a maximum maturity age of 100 years.
Tata AIA Life:
CEO: Naveen Tahilyani
Founded: 23 August 2000
Public Sector Banks doubled their Net Profit to almost Rs 66,500 crore in FY22
- Public Sector Banks (PSBs) have doubled their net profit during the financial year 2021-22.
- For FY22, the combined profit of 12 state-owned banks stood at Rs 66,539 crore a 110 per cent increase from Rs 31,816 crore in FY2020-21.
- This is a sharp change from FY18, at that time only 2 out of 21 PSBs reported profit.
- In 2021, Only Central Bank and Punjab & Sind Bank faces loss.
SBI: Rs 31,675 crore (55% higher than last year)
Bank of Baroda: Rs 7,272 crore
Canara Bank: Rs 5,678 crore
Highest revenue growth:
- Bank of Baroda
- UCO Bank
According to the report:
- SBI’s net profit was the highest.
- The highest revenue growth is of Bank of Baroda.
- Private banks registered net profit of over Rs 91,000 crore.
- Bank of Maharashtra recorded less than 1 per cent NPA.
LIC Launches Savings Life Insurance Plan Bima Ratna
- LIC launched a non-linked, non-participating, individual, savings life insurance plan called Bima Ratna.
- It offers a combination of protection and savings.
- The new product was launched to cater domestic market.
- This can be purchased through Corporate Agents, Insurance Marketing Firms (IMF), Brokers, CPSC-SPV, and POSP-LI.
- This will provide financial assistance to the policyholder’s family in any situation.
- The plan also addresses liquidity requirements through a loan facility.
Chairperson: M R Kumar
Founded: 1 September 1956
RJ Umar receives the Immunisation Champion award by UNICEF
- Radio Jockey Umar Nisar (RJ Umar) has received ’01 Best Content Award’ award and the Immunization Champion award at the annual Radio4Child 2022 Awards in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The award was given by United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF).
- The award was presented by multi-Grammy Award-winning music composer, environmentalist, and UNICEF celebrity supporter Ricky Kej, OIC UNICEF, UP Dr Zafrin Chowdhury, chief of communications and advocacy and partnerships, UNICEF India.
Sanjit Narwekar was awarded with V Shantaram Lifetime achievement award at MIFF 2022
- Recently, at 17th edition of Mumbai International Film Festival of India (MIFF 2022), V. Shantaram Lifetime Achievement Award was given to an author and a documentary filmmaker Shri Sanjit Narwekar.
- This award was given to commemorate his exquisitely deep, remarkably diverse and inspiring body of work.
- With the award a cash prize of Rs 10 lakhs (Rs 1 million), Golden Conch and a citation was given.
- Minister Piyush Goyal presented the award to Shri Sanjit Narwekar.
About Shri Sanjit Narwekar
- He is a National award-winning film historian, author, publisher and documentary filmmaker.
- He won National Award for the Best Book on Cinema in 1996.
Red Bull’s Sergio Perez won Monaco F1 Grand Prix 2022
- The Red Bull racing driver Sergio Pérez (Mexican) has won Formula 1 (F1) Grand Prix (GP) De Monaco 2022 held at Circuit de Monaco, Monaco, Europe.
- Sergio Pérez becomes the first Mexican to win the Monaco Grand Prix followed by Ferrari racing driver Carlos Sainz Jr. (Spanish) with 18 points, Belgian-Dutch racing driver Max Emilian Verstappen as second and third position respectively.
- He is the first North American to win it since Gilles Villeneuve in 1981.
India wins first ever medal at the IBSA Judo Grand Prix
- India earned its first ever medal at the IBSA Judo Grand Prix at Nur Sultan, Kazakhstan.
- Kazakh city hosted the IBSA Grand Prix.
- Seven countries earned gold medals on the first day, with eight categories on the programme.
- Turkey was the only team to win twice.
- 100+ judokas from 21 countries competed for gold, and Turkey, Iran, Uzbekistan, Romania, Japan, Brazil, and Kazakhstan all ascended to the top of the podiums on the opening day.
Results of both classes, J1 and J2 categories:
- J1 (60kg): Seyed Abadi (IRI), Abdurrahim Ozalp (TUR), Elielton Oliveira (BRA)
- J1 (73kg): Florin Bologa (ROU), Yergai Shamey (KAZ), Harlley Arruda (BRA)
- J1 (90kg): Arthur Silva (BRA), Valerio Teodori (ITA), Taha Al-Gburi (IRQ)
- J1 (+90kg): Wilians Araújo (BRA), Jason Grandry (FRA), Ion Basoc (MDA)
- J2 (60kg): Sherzod Namozov (UZB), Thiego Marques (BRA), Min Jae Lee (KOR)
- J2 (73kg): Yujiro Seto (JPN), Olzhas Orazalyuly (KAZ), Nikolai Kornhass (GER)
- J2 (90kg): Helios Latchoumanaya (FRA), Seyed Jafari (IRI), Sharif Khalilov (UZB)
- J2 (+90kg): Vahid Nouri (IRI), Ibrahim Bolukbasi (TUR), Christopher Skelley (GBR)
- J1 (48kg): Rosicleidi Silva (BRA), Anna Muller (GER), Khaiitkhon Kyzy (KGS)
- J1 (57kg): Merve Uslu (TUR), Vanessa Wagner (GER), Asia Giordano (ITA)
- J1 (70kg): Brenda Freitas (BRA), Esmer Taskin (TUR), Matilde Lauria (ITA)
- J1 (+70kg): Nazan Gunes (TUR), Erika Zoaga (BRA), Mukesh Rani (IND)
- J2 (48kg): Akmaral Nauatbek (KAZ), Carmen Brussig (SUI), Giulia Pereira (BRA)
- J2 (57kg): Zeynep Celik (TUR), Lúcia Araújo (BRA), Dayana Fedossova (KAZ)
- J2 (70kg): Kazusa Ogawa (JPN)
- J2 (+70kg): Rebeca Silva (BRA), Kirsten Taylor (GBR), Prescillia Leze (FRA)
India’s chess prodigy R Praggnanandhaa finishes second in Chessable Masters tournament
- Indian chess prodigy Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa lost the finals of the Meltwater Champions Chess Tour Chessable Masters tournament to China’s Ding Liren.
- World number two Ding Liren took home $25,000 in prize money.
- Praggnanandhaa won $15,000 for finishing second.
- Liren, 29, described his finals face-off with 16-year-old R Praggnanandhaa as very difficult.
- Earlier, Praggnanandhaa had defeated Carlsen in the Airthings Masters tournament.
Global Parents Day: June 1
- Global Parents Day is celebrated on June 1 every year.
- This day is observed to honour all parents around the world for their selfless commitment and lifelong sacrifice they make for their children.
- The day was declared the Global Day of Parents by the UN General Assembly in 2012.
- Theme 2022: Appreciate All Parents Throughout the World.
World Everest Day 2022
- International Everest Day is celebrated every Year on 29th May.
- This day aims to celebrate the first summit of Mount Everest by New Zealand’s Sir Edmund Hillary and Nepal’s Tenzing Norgay Sherpa.
- The duo climbed Mount Everest on this day in 1953.
About Mount Everest:
Other Names: Tibetan name is Chomolungma (means Mother Goddess of the World) and Nepali Name is Sagarmatha.
World Milk Day 2022: 1st June
- The World Milk Day 2022 is celebrated on June 1.
- The day is adopted by Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
- This day is marked as global food and to celebrate the dairy industry.
- Since 2001, this day is being observed.
- The aim of the day is to celebrate the contributions of the milk and dairy sector to the world.
- Theme 2022: ‘Dairy Net Zero’
Headquarters: Rome, Lazio
Director-General: Qu Dongyu
Founded: 16 October 1945
Parent organization: United Nations Economic and Social Council
Bollywood singer KK passed away
- Bollywood singer KK (Krishnakumar Kunnath) who mesmerized music lovers for over three decades recently passed away. He was 53.
- KK sang in Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi and Assamese.
- KK was regarded as one of the top singers of Bollywood.
- He sang numerous hit songs in various films like Tu Hi Meri Shab Hai (Gangster), Tadap Tadap Ke Is Dil Se (Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam), Awarapan Banjarapan (Jism), Aankhon Mein Teri Ajab Si (Om Shanti Om) and Khuda Jaane (Bachna Ae Haseeno).
- His song Yaaron, released in 1999, made him a household name.
Former Albania President Bujar Nishani Passes Away
- Former Albanian President, Bujar Nishani recently passed away at 55 due to some health issues.
- He was born on 29 September 1966 in Durrës, Albania.
- He served as president from 2012 until 2017.
- At 45, he was elected as the youngest and sixth president in post-communist Albania.
Currency: Albanian lek
President: Ilir Rexhep Meta
Prime Minister: Edi Rama
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs