Current Affairs 1st March 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Chhattisgarh signed two MOUs for establishing dung-based power plants & food irradiation facility
- The government of Chhattisgarh signed two Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) to boost agricultural & rural economy.
- The first agreement was signed with the Chhattisgarh Biofuel Development Authority (CBDA) and Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC), Trombay, Mumbai to set up dung-based power plants in ‘gauthans’ where technical guidance will be provided by BARC.
- The second MoU between Chhattisgarh Seed Corporation with the Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology (BRIT), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) to set up the Food Irradiation Center in Chhattisgarh.
- Capital: Raipur
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel
GoI launched ‘Operation Ganga’ evacuation mission
- The government of India has launched a ‘multi-pronged’ initiative named as ‘Operation Ganga’ evacuation mission to bring back Indian nationals who are currently stranded in Ukraine.
- A dedicated Twitter handle titled ‘OpGanga Helpline’ has also been announced to assist Indian evacuation from Ukraine. India has already successfully brought back more than 1,000 of its nationals. India has also set up 24×7 control centre through border crossing points with Hungary, Poland, Romania.
- With the help of the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC) in Geneva, the GoI has guided the Indian citizens towards the border of Ukraine.
- Capital: Kyiv
- Currency: Ukrainian hryvnia
- President: Volodymyr Zelenskyy
- Prime minister: Denys Shmyhal
NLP will be integrated with ULIP to make Multi-Modal Logistics Ecosystem
- The government has announced to integrate National Logistics Portal (NLP) with Unified Logistics Interface Platform (ULIP) to make the Multi-Modal Logistics Ecosystem more efficient.
- It shall standardize the procedures and speed up the procedures related to overall trade.
- ULIP aims at electronic data transfer regime leading to a reduction in compliances, creating an environment for boosting the confidence of using NLP/ ULIP by ensuring data authenticity, standardization of procedures.
Centre constituted High-Level Task Force to analyse the impact of sanctions against Russia
- Centre constituted a high-level ministerial task force to analyse the impact on India by the sanctions made against Russia by the USA, the European Union (EU), UK, Japan, Canada, Taiwan, and New Zealand.
- The sanctions target Russian banks, oil refineries, and military exports. Russia is the 26th largest trade partner of India, with exports in 2020-21 valued at $ 2.6 billion and imports at $ 5.4 billion.
- The task force awaits the updated sanctions guidelines from the United States (US) Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- The task force comprises Secretaries and senior officials from Ministries and Departments such as External Affairs, Defence, Finance, Home, Commerce & Industry, and Petroleum and Natural Gas.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- SC appointed a high-level committee to investigate PM’s security breach in Punjab: Indu Malhotra
- SEBI restructured High-Power Advisory Committee on Settlement Orders and Compounding of Offences: Jai Narayan Patel (previously headed by Vijay C Daga)
- SEBI restructured Advisory Committee on Investor Protection and Education Fund: G Mahalingam (earlier headed by Abraham Koshy)
- Centre constituted Ken-Betwa link Project Authority, and 20-member National Steering Committee: Pankaj Kumar
- Alternative Investment Policy Advisory Committee reconstituted by SEBI: NR Narayana Murthy
MNRE approved development of 400 MW solar project in upper Kinnaur by SJVN
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) approved the development of a 400 MW solar park by the state-owned, SJVN Limited at Upper Kinnaur in Himachal Pradesh.
- According to SJVN Limited, in-principle approval has been agreed by the ministry for development of this project under ‘Ultra Mega Renewable Energy Power Parks’ of its solar park scheme.
- SJVN is already preparing a Detailed Project Report (DPR) for 880 MegaWatt (MW) Kaza Solar Park in HP.
About SJVN Limited:
- Incorporated: 24th May 1988
- Headquarters: Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- CMD: Nand Lal Sharma
Google launched ‘Play Pass’ subscription in India
- Google announced the launch of ‘Play Pass’ subscription service in India. It will provide Android device users access to over 1,000 applications and games without ads, in-app purchases, and upfront payments.
- Play Pass, which is currently available in 90 countries, will offer a high-quality and curated collection of 1000+ titles across 41 categories from developers across 59 countries including many from India.
- Founded: 4 September 1998
- Headquarters: California, United States
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
Banking and Financial
NSO projected India’s GDP growth in 2021-22 at 8.9%
- National Statistical Office (NSO) has released the second advance estimates of national accounts. The GDP growth rate projection as per NSO for 2021-22 (FY22) and 2020-21 (FY21) is 8.9% (earlier it was 9.2% in first advance estimates) & -6.6% (earlier it was -7.3%) respectively.
- According to NSO data, Gross Value Added (GVA) growth in the manufacturing sector growth remained almost flat at 0.2 percent in the third quarter of 2021-22, compared to a growth of 8.4 percent a year ago.
Note: India GDP projected for FY22 (2021-2022)
- RBI: 9.5%
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 6% (24 feb update), 7.6% in FY23
- S&P Global Ratings-5%
- Care Rating– 8.8 to 9%
- Economic Advisory Council to PM: 0-7.5% in FY23, 5% in FY22
- National Statistical Office (NSO):2% in the financial year 2021-22, 6.6% in 2020-21
- Economic Survey 2021-22: 8-8.5% for FY23
Union Cabinet approved FDI of up to 20% in LIC under automatic route
- The Union Cabinet approved Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) of up to 20 percent under the ‘automatic route’ in Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India, ahead of the mega initial public offering (IPO) of the LIC of India in mid-March 2022.
- It is aimed at attracting long-term foreign investors to the issue. An IPO is the selling of securities (shares of the company) to the public in the primary market (usually to institutional investors and retail investors).
- The current FDI policy which permits 74% foreign investment under the automatic route in the insurance sector does not apply for the LIC, as it is established and governed under the LIC Act, 1956, and the law did not have any specific provision for foreign investment in the insurer.
- The current FDI policy allows FDI in the insurance sector but as LIC being a statutory corporation, is not covered under either “Insurance Company” or “Intermediaries or Insurance Intermediaries”.
- Thus, the cabinet has made an amendment to the FDI Policy in 2021 which is sufficient in facilitating investment in LIC up to 20 percent through automatic route which already permits 20 percent of FDI inflows for public sector banks in government approval route.
About Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC):
- Founded: 1956
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairperson: M R Kumar
Appointment and Resignation
Sanjay Pandey appointed as new Police Commissioner of Mumbai
- IPS officer Sanjay Pandey (1986 batch IPS officer)has been appointed as the new Police Commissioner of Mumbai by the Maharashtra government
- He was the former acting Director General of Police (DGP) of Maharashtra. He was removed from the post of acting DGP on February 18 after the Bombay High Court pulled up the state government for his appointment in April last year
- He succeeded Hemant Nagrale, who has been appointed as the MD of Maharashtra State Security Corporation.
IISER Prof Deepak Dhar became first Indian to bag Boltzmann Medal
- The renowned Indian physicist and Emeritus Professor at the Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune, Prof Deepak Dhar will be conferred the prestigious Boltzmann Medal 2022 for contribution in the field of statistical physics.
- He became the first Indian to be awarded the Boltzmann Medal. He will share the medal with John J Hopfield of Princeton University. The medal presentation ceremony will be held during the StatPhys28 conference in August 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
- The Boltzmann Medal (or Boltzmann Award) is named after the physicist Ludwig Boltzmann and awarded to physicists for contributing new results in statistical mechanics and it was instituted in 1975.
- The Boltzmann Medal is given every three years by the C3 Commission on Statistical Physics of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP).
- First award- Kenneth G. Wilson (Cornell University) in 1975.
Annpurna Devi presented National ICT Awards to 49 teachers across country
- Union Minister of State for Education, Annpurna Devi has presented National ICT Awards to 49 teachers across the country.
- Recognition given in the form of a National Award for school teachers for use of ICT in Education indirectly contributes to motivate teachers to use ICT extensively and significantly in their classrooms.
- ICT Awardees are also being bestowed with the responsibility to function as ICT Ambassadors in widening the outreach of ICT in Education.
India’s Sadia Tariq won gold in Russia Wushu Stars Championship 2022
- Indian Wushu player Sadia Tariq has won a gold medal in the junior tournament at the Moscow Wushu Stars Championship 2022. The 15-year-old Sadia Tariq hails from Srinagar in Jammu & Kashmir.
- The Wushu Stars Championship is being held in Moscow, Russia from February 22 to 28. From India, 38 players, including 23 junior and 15 senior participated in the championship.
About International Wushu Federation (IWUF):
- Established: October 3rd, 1990,
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- President: GOU Zhongwen
India secured 8 medals at Singapore Weightlifting International 2022
- India has concluded its campaign at Singapore Weightlifting International 2022 with eight medals, including six golds and silver and bronze each.
- Each of the eight Indian lifters who registered for Singapore International won medals and secured their spots at Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, scheduled to be held in July-August.
- A total of 12 weightlifters from India qualified for Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham.
Indian weightlifters qualified for Commonwealth Games 2022
|Mirabai Chanu||women’s 55kg|
|Bindyarani Devi||women’s 59kg|
|Popy Hazarika||women’s 64kg|
|Usha Kumara||women’s 87kg|
|Purnima Pandey||women’s +87kg|
|Sanket Mahadev||men’s 55kg|
|Chanambam Rishikanta Singh||men’s 55kg|
|Jeremy Lalrinnunga||men’s 67kg|
|Achinta Sheuli||men’s 73kg|
|Ajay Singh||men’s 81kg|
|Vikas Thakur||men’s 96kg|
|Ragala Venkat Rahul||men’s 96kg|
Book and Author
Mithilesh Tiwari authored a book titled “Udaan Ek Majdoor Bachhe Ki” by Captain AD Manek
- A new book titled “Udaan Ek Majdoor Bachhe Ki” by Captain AD Manek authored by Mithilesh Tiwari was released by the famous Bhajan Samrat Anup Jalota in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It highlights the life journey, struggle, and success story of Captain AD Manek. Capt AD Manek is the founder of “The Skyline Aviation Club”. It was established in 1987 and currently, he is presiding as Managing Trustee and Chief Advisor of The Skyline Aviation Club in Mumbai.
1-7 March: Janaushadhi Diwas week
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers will organize the Janaushadhi Diwas Week from 1st March to 7th March 2022. On 7th March 2022, the 4th Jan Aushadhi Diwas will be celebrated. The theme of 4th Janaushadhi Diwas: “Jan Aushadhi-Jan Upyogi”.
- The Government has set a target to increase the number of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras (PMBJKs) to 10,500 by the end of March 2025.
- Aim: To create awareness about the usages of generic medicines and the benefits of Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana. Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) was launched by the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India in November 2008 to provide quality generic medicines available at affordable prices to all.
1 March: Zero Discrimination Day
- The Zero Discrimination Day is held every year on the 1st of March. The day aims to ensure right to equality, inclusion, and protection of all people without any discrimination in their law and policies to live a full life with dignity regardless of any barriers.
- Zero Discrimination Day highlights how people can become informed about and promote inclusion, compassion, peace, and, above all, a movement for change. Zero Discrimination Day is helping to create a global movement of solidarity to end all forms of discrimination.
- Zero Discrimination Day was first celebrated on March 1, 2014, and was launched by UNAIDS Executive Director in Beijing after UNAIDS launched its Zero Discrimination Campaign on World AIDS Day in December 2013.
- Theme 2022: “Remove laws that harm, create laws that empower”
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs