Current Affairs 1st November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Madhya Pradesh announced “Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu-dhikar Yojana” to provide free residential plots to families
- Under Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu-dhikar Yojana, Madhya Pradesh state government will provide plots of land to families who do not have land to build their homes.
- The construction of houses comes under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. The maximum area of the residential plot will be 60 sq. Family should consist of a married couple and their unmarried children, and families living in a particular village are eligible.
- Aim: To ensure that every family has the right to a dignified life with basic necessities.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Governor: Mangubhai C. Patel
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
India’s 1st manned ocean mission “Samudrayan” launched at Chennai
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh has launched India’s First Manned Ocean Mission Samudrayan from the National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- With this, India joins the elite club of nations such as the USA, Russia, Japan, France and Chinato have such underwater vehicles for carrying out subsea activities.
- Matsya 6000, the deep-sea vehicle developed under India’s Deep Sea Mission, will be ready for qualification trials by December 2024.
India’s Largest Landfill Biogas Plant inaugurated in Hyderabad
- Ramky Enviro Engineers Limited (REEL) has inaugurated one of the world’s first and India’s largest landfill gas-to-compressed biogas plant at the Hyderabad Integrated Municipal Solid Waste (HiMSW) site, Telangana.
- The end (Biogas) product of the plant will be sold to Bhagyanagar Gas Limited (BGL). The project will focus on the conversation of landfill gas into compressed biogas as an automotive fuel.
Microsoft surpassed Apple to become the world’s most valuable company by m-cap
- Microsoft Corporation has surpassed Apple Inc. to become the world’s most valuable publicly-traded company by market capitalization.
- At market close on October 29, 2021, Apple stood at about $2.46 trillion while Microsoft reached nearly $2.49 trillion. Apple had held the top position for more than a year. Microsoft became the second US public firm to surpass a $2 trillion market value in June.
- Founded: 4 April 1975, Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
- Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States
- CEO: Satya Nadella
- Chairperson: John W. Thompson
Edelgive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2021: Wipro’s Azim Premji topped
- Hurun India and EdelGive have jointly released the Edelgive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2021. The list was topped by Azim Premji, the founder chairman of Wipro, with a donation of Rs 9,713 crore during fiscal 2020-21 which is around Rs 27 crore a day.
- HCL’s Shiv Nadar has secured the 2nd rank with a total contribution of Rs 1,263 crore towards upliftment causes.
|1||Azim Premji||Rs 9,713 crore|
|2||Shiv Nadar||Rs 1,263 crore|
|3||Mukesh Ambani||Rs 577 crore|
|4||Kumar Mangalam Birla||Rs 377 crore|
Banking and Financial
ADB approved USD 250 million loan for India’s NICDP
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a USD 250 million (about Rs 1,875 crore) loan to support India’s National Industrial Corridor Development Program (NICDP).
- This is the first subprogram of the programmatic USD 500 million loans to develop 11 industrial corridors spanning 17 states.
- Aim: To develop world-class industrial nodes that are supported by efficient urban agglomerations and multimodal connectivity
About Asian Development Bank (ADB):
- Founded: 19 December 1966
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
- Members: 68 countries
List of Loan approved by ADB in 2020-21
- $112 Million: Improve water supply infrastructure in Jharkhand
- $300 Million: Expand rural connectivity in Maharashtra
- $251 Million: for Integrated Flood Management in Chennai
- $4.5 million: for Mizoram to support Urban Mobility
- $251 million: Integrated Urban Flood Management in Chennai
- $100 million: to promote agribusiness network, reduce food losses in Maharashtra
Govt approved interest rate on Employees’ Provident Fund for FY21 at 8.5%
- Ministry of Finance has approved the interest rate on employees’ provident fund (EPF) deposits for 2020-21 at 5%.
- The rate has been kept unchanged as for 2019-20. Now the labour ministry will notify the interest rate for it to come into effect.
- EPF is one fixed-income instrument that is completely tax-free under the exempt-exempt-exempt (EEE) regime, along with PPF and the Sukanya Samriddhi Account.
Federal Bank and Aditya Birla Health Insurance entered into a Bancassurance Partnership
- The Federal Bank and Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Limited (ABHICL) entered into a Bancassurance Partnership.
- As a part of this alliance, Federal Bank will provide to its customers innovative health insurance solutions offered by ABHICL. Customers of Federal Bank will have facilities like Day 1 cover for asthma, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, coaching on nutrition etc.
About Federal Bank:
- Founded: 23 April 1931 (as Travancore Federal Bank) at Nedumpuram, Thiruvalla, 2 December 1949; 71 years ago (as Federal Bank)
- Headquarters: Aluva, Kerala
- MD & CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
- Tagline: Your Perfect Banking Partner
Yes Bank and BankBazaar launched ‘FinBooster’ Credit Card
- Yes Bank and BankBazaar. com together launched a Co-Branded credit card named FinBooster to measure the Creditworthiness of the customers.
- FinBooster is built around a credit fitness tracker. FinBooster uses CreditStrong app Subscription (credit fitness report) which helps customers to track creditworthiness that improves the Credit score.
About Yes Bank:
- Founded: 2004
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Tagline: Experience Our Expertise
Appointment and Resignation
Ashok Bhushan appointed as Chairperson of NCLAT; Ramalingam Sudhakar as President of NCLT
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed former Supreme Court Judge Justice Ashok Bhushan as the new Chairperson of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT), for a period of four years or until he attains the age of 70 years, whichever is the earliest.
- He was the former Chief Justice of Kerala High Court. NCLAT was formed by the government under Section 410 of the Companies Act, 2013.
- Apart from this, Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar has been appointed as the new President of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) for five years or till he attains the age of 67 years.
Javagal Srinath, Harbhajan Singh listed in MCC awards Honorary Life Membership
- In October 2021, the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) released the list of 18 Cricketers who were selected for the MCC awards Honorary Life Membership of the Club. The list witnessed the names of 2 former Indian cricketers – Harbhajan Singh and Javagal Srinath.
- This year’s list saw the names of 18 players, including 16 Male & 2 Female players (Sarah Taylor & Sara McGlashan).
MCC awards Honorary Life Membership Complete List:
|England||Alastair Cook, Ian Bell, Marcus Trescothick, Sarah Taylor|
|South Africa||Hashim Amla, Herschelle Gibbs, Jacques Kallis & Morne Morkel|
|West Indies||Ian Bishop, Shivnarine Chanderpaul & Ramnaresh Sarwan|
|Australia||Alex Blackwell & Damien Martyn|
|India||Harbhajan Singh & Javagal Srinath|
|Sri Lanka||Rangana Herath|
|New Zealand||Sara McGlashan|
About Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC):
- Founded: 1838
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- President: Clare Connor (1st Female President of MCC)
Book and Author
Amit Ranjan authored the book “John Lang: Wanderer of Hindoostan, Slanderer of Hindoostanee, Lawyer for the Ranee”
- Amit Ranjan authored a book titled “John Lang: Wanderer of Hindoostan, Slanderer of Hindoostanee, Lawyer for the Ranee”.
- The book is about John Lang’s life, his exploits, and literary works. John Langs was an Australian journalist and lawyer settled in India in the 19th century. He fought many cases against the British and also represented Rani Laxmibai in her legal battle against the annexation of her kingdom of Jhansi by the East India Company (EIC).
1 November: World Vegan Day
- World Vegan Day is celebrated on November 1 annually by vegans across the globe.
- It is observed to motivate people to follow a vegan lifestyle, which is beneficial for animal welfare and the environment. The year 2021 will mark the 77 years of World Vegan Day.
- Theme 2021: ‘vegan for the less’.
Former PM of Afghanistan Ahmad Shah Ahmadzai passed away
- Ahmad Shah Ahmadzai, the former Prime Minister (PM) of Afghanistan and a renowned jihadi leader passed away at the age of 77 in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Ahmad Shah Ahmadzai has served as the acting PM of Afghanistan under President Burhanuddin Rabbani during 1995-1996 prior to the 1996 Taliban Takeover.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs