Table of Contents
Current Affairs 1st September 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Cabinet approved signing an MoU between India and Nepal on biodiversity conservation
- The Union Cabinet has approved an environment ministry proposal for signing an MoU with Nepal on biodiversity conservation.
- The MoU would help in promoting cooperation between India and Nepal in the field of forests, wildlife, environment, biodiversity conservation, and climate change, including restoration of corridors and interlinking areas, and sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Capital- Kathmandu
- Currency- Nepalese rupee
- President– Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- Prime minister– Sher Bahadur Deuba
NHPC signed an MoU with PTC India Limited for sale of power
- NHPC Ltd has signed an MoU with PTC India Ltd for the sale of power to be generated from the upcoming West Seti and Seti River-6 hydropower projects in Nepal.
- The company will invest more than Rs 18,000 crores in Nepal to develop the two hydropower projects.
- In August month, the hydropower major signed an MoU with the Investment Board Nepal (IBN) for the preparation of a detailed project report (DPR) and development of West Seti (750 MW) and Seti River 6 (450 MW) projects in Nepal.
- As per the MoU, PTC shall purchase the Contracted Capacity of these projects from NHPC for onward sale in India and the neighbouring countries.
- IOC signed an MoU with National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) for Cheetah relocation from Africa to India
- ReNew signed an MoU with Egypt government to set up green hydrogen plant in Egypt
- Indian and Malaysian bodies signed an MoU to promote palm oil
- India signed an MoU with UK for Mutual Recognition of Educational Qualification
- India and Maldives signed an MoU for judicial cooperation to accelerate court digitization.
- India signed an MoU with Namibia for wildlife conservation
India’s first vaccine against cervical cancer launched
- India’s first indigenously developed quadrivalent Human Papilloma Virus (qHPV) vaccine for the prevention of cervical cancer has been launched.
- The Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) had last month granted market authorization to Serum Institute of India (SII) to manufacture an indigenously-developed vaccine against cervical cancer.
- The qHPV vaccine CERVAVAC has demonstrated robust antibody response that is nearly 1,000 times higher than the baseline against all targeted HPV types and in all dose and age groups.
- Cervical cancer in India ranks as the second most frequent cancer among women between 15 and 44 years of age.
- This form of cancer develops in a woman’s cervix.
- As per the data of the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2018, an estimated 570 000 women were diagnosed with cervical cancer worldwide and about 311 000 women died from the disease.
- It has been launched by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology Jitendra Singh.
Reliance Industries to invest Rs 2 lakh crore in Jio 5G
- Reliance Industries (RIL) has announced to invest of whopping Rs 2 lakh crore to build its Pan-India true 5G network.
- The Reliance Jio Infocomm has prepared an ambitious and fastest ever 5G rollout plan for the country.
- Jio plans to roll out Jio 5G by this Diwali 2022 in metropolises of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai.
- By December 2023, we will deliver Jio 5G to every town, every taluka, and every tehsil of our country.
About Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)
- Founded – 8 May 1973
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Founder – Dhirubhai Ambani
- Owner – Mukesh Ambani (50.49%)
- Chairman of Jio- Akash Ambani
- MD of Jio – Sandip Das
- Subsidiaries – Jio Platforms (67.03%) Jio Payments Bank (70%)
50th All Manipur Shumang Leela Festival 2021-22 started in Imphal
- The 50th edition of All Manipur Shumang Leela Festival 2021-22 has been started at Iboyaima Shumang Leela Shanglen in Imphal, Manipur.
- The inaugural function was attended by Manipur Governor, La Ganesan, and CM N. Biren Singh.
- Shumang Leela is a traditional form of theatre in Manipur and the roles of female artists are all played by male actors and male characters are played by female artists in case of female theatre groups.
- Capital – Imphal
- Chief Minister – Biren Singh
- Governor – La Ganesan
Festival of Manipur
- Sajibu Cheiraoba Festival
- 18th Kachai Lemon Festival
Indigo joined sustainable initiative of WEF
- The country’s largest carrier IndiGo has joined a sustainable initiative spearheaded by the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- The airline has become a signatory to the ‘Clear Skies for Tomorrow’ Coalition campaign of India.
- IndiGo’s commitment to the deployment of sustainable initiatives will help in achieving a significant scale for SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) to gain a critical mass and bring in cost-efficiency for widespread adoption in India.
- The goal is to have commercially viable SAF production (both bio and synthetic) at scale for industry-wide adoption by 2030 to support aviation’s overall net-zero pathway by 2050.
Arvind Kejriwal launched India’s first virtual school for students
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has launched country’s first virtual school.
- Students from all across the country will be eligible for admission.
- Delhi Model Virtual School (DMVS) will be for classes 9-12 and also prepare students for competitive exams like JEE, NEET and CUET.
- The application process for the 2022-23 academic session started and students can apply through dmvs.ac.in. Any child aged between 13 and 18 who has completed class 8 from any recognized school can apply for admission in class 9.
- The classes will be online and recorded lectures will also be uploaded online.
Bajaj Finance & Adani Transmission in top 10 most valued firms
- LIC is no longer part of the top ten companies by market capitalization as it has been replaced by Bajaj Finance and Adani Transmission.
- LIC holds 11th spot in the list, whereas Bajaj Finance and Adani Transmission have taken 10th and 9th spot, respectively, in the overall ranking.
- Adani Transmission entered the list with a market value of Rs 4.43 lakh crore on the BSE as Higher than Bajaj Finance’s total mcap of ₹4.42 lakh crore and LIC’s ₹4.26 lakh crore.
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is the top valued Indian company with a market capitalisation of ₹17.8 lakh crore, followed by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), HDFC Bank, Infosys, Hindustan Unilever (HUL), ICICI Bank, State Bank of India (SBI), and HDFC.
AICTE signed an agreement with Adobe to enhance digital literacy in India
- The All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has signed an agreement with US-based Adobe to accelerate digital creativity skills across India.
- Under the agreement, Adobe will offer courses and expertise for upskilling educators, and integrate digital creativity into the curriculum, to prepare students with the essential creative and digital literacy skills needed to thrive in today’s digital-first world.
- Objective – To empower over 75,000 educators across 10,000 higher education institutions with essential digital creativity skills by 2024.
- AICTE signed an agreement with Adobe to enhance digital literacy in India
- NHPC signed an MoU with PTC India Limited for sale of power
- Tata Steel signed an MoU with Punjab government to set up steel plant in Ludhiana
- PCIM&H signed an agreement with Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission to promote ‘One Herb, One Standard’
- Andhra Pradesh signed an MoU with Parley for the Oceans to save seas from pollution
Banking and Financial
GST collection rose 28% in August to Rs 1.43 trillion
- Collections from Goods and Services Tax (GST) has risen 28 percent to Rs 1.43 lakh crore in
- GST collection has remained over the Rs 1.43 lakh crore mark for the sixth straight month in August.
In August month,
- Gross GST Revenue – 1,43,612 crore
- Central GST – 24,710 crore
- State GST – 30,951 crore
- Integrated GST – 77,782 crore (including 42,067 crore collected on import of goods)
- Cess – 10,168 crore (including 1,018 crore collected on import of goods)
GST Collection of Previous Months in 2022
- January – 1,40,986 crore
- February – 1,33,026 crore
- March – 1,42,095 crore
- April – 1,67,540 crore
- May – 1,40,885 crore
- June – 1,44,616 crore
- July – 1,48,995 crore
India GDP increased by 13.5% in Q1 FY23
- Indian economy has been grown by 13.5% in the April-June period 2022, this is the fastest in the last four quarters.
- India remained the fastest growing major economy as China registered economic growth of 0.4 percent in the April-June 2022 quarter.
- The Indian economy grew by 20.1 per cent in April-June 2021-22, as per the data released by the National Statistical Office (NSO).
- The gross domestic product (GDP) expanded by 8.4 per cent in July-September 2021, 5.4 per cent in October-December 2021 and 4.1 per cent in January-March 2022.
- The first quarter growth at 13.5 per cent is less than the RBI’s projection of 16.2 per cent released earlier this month.
Updated GDP List
- World Bank – 7.5% (FY23), 7.1%(FY24)
- MOODY’S. – 8.8% (FY23)
- S&P – 7.3% (FY23)
- IMF – 7.4% (FY23)
- ADB – 7.2% (FY23), 7.8%(FY24)
- RBI – 7.2% (FY23)
- FITCH RATING – 7.8.% (FY23)
- FICCI – 7% (FY23)
- OECD – 6.9% (FY23), 6.2% (FY24)
- CRISIL – 7.3% (FY23)
- NSO – 8.7%. Q4 – 4.1% (FY23)
- SBI Ecowrap – 7.5% (FY23)
- Morgan Stanley – 7.2% (FY23), 6.4%(FY24)
Appointment and Resignation
Vasudha Gupta appointed as DG of News Services Division of AIR
- Senior Indian Information Service officer Vasudha Gupta has been appointed as the Director General of the News Services Division of All India Radio.
- She has succeeded N Venudhar Reddy.
- A 1989-batch officer, Gupta has served in various capacities in the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting in her over a 32-year career.
- Before her appointment, she was serving as Director General, Press Information Bureau (PIB).
- She is credited for establishing of Fact-Check system for the Government.
- MD & CEO of Mercedes-Benz – Santosh Iyer
- Interim President of Indian Olympic Association – Adille Sumariwalla
- MD of IDFC Limited – Mahendra Shah
- Chairman of DRDO – Samir V. Kamat
- NDDB Chairman – Meenesh Shah (extend 6 months)
Rajesh Kumar Srivastava appointed as interim Chairman of ONGC
- Rajesh Kumar Srivastava has been appointed as the new interim chairman of ONGC.
- Srivastava succeeds Alka Mittal, who officiated as the chairman until 31 August 2022.
- Srivastava joined ONGC in 1984 and rose through the ranks to the position of Director (Exploration) in 2019.
- The government also appointed M V lyer as the interim chairman at GAIL.
- MD of NaBFID – Rajkiran Rai
- Deputy President of FIDE – Viswanathan Anand
- First woman Director General of CSIR – Nallathamby Kalaiselvi
- MD & CEO of Unity SF Bank – Inderjit Camotra
- Central Vigilance Commissioner – Suresh N Patel
Shershaah won 67th Filmfare Awards 2022 for best movie
- The 67th Filmfare Awards ceremony, presented by The Times Group, honoured the best Indian Hindi-language films of 2021.
- Ranveer Singh and Kriti Sanon were named the best actor and actress at the 67th Filmfare Awards 2022.
- While Ranveer bagged the top acting honour for his incredible performance as former Indian cricket captain Kapil Dev in Kabir Khan’s 83, Kriti received the award for her role as a surrogate mother in the critically acclaimed film Mimi.
- Best Actor- Ranveer Singh (83) as Kapil Dev
- Best Actress- Kriti Sanon (Mimi) as Mimi Rathore
- Best Film- Shershaah (Dharma Productions)
- Best Director- Vishnuvardhan (Shershaah)
- Best Supporting Actor- Pankaj Tripathi (Mimi)
- Best Supporting Actress- Sai Tamhankar (Mimi)
- Best Male Debut- Ehan Bhat – 99 Songs as Jay
- Best Female Debut- Sharvari Wagh – Bunty Aur Babli 2 as Sonia Rawat / Jasmine “Jazz”
- Best Debut Director- Seema Pahwa – Ramprasad Ki Tehr
- Best Music Director- Tanishk Bagchi, B Praak, Jaani, Jasleen Royal, Javed-Mohsin And Vikram Montrose (Shershaah)
- Best Lyricist- Kausar Munir – “Lehra Do” (83)
- Best Playback Singer (Male)- B Praak – “Mann Bharrya” (Shershaah)
- Best Playback Singer (Female)- Asees Kaur – “Raataan Lambiya” (Shershaah)
- Best Film (Best Director)- Shoojit Sircar (Sardar Udham)
- Best Actor- Vicky Kaushal – Sardar Udham as Udham Singh
- Best Actress- Vidya Balan – Sherni as Vidya Vincent
- Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award- Subhash Ghai
- Best Editing- Sreekar Prasad (Shershaah)
- Best Production Design- Mansi Dhruv Mehta and Dmitrii Malich (Sardar Udham)
- Best Choreography- Vijay Ganguly – “Chaka Chak” (Atrangi Re)
- Best Cinematography- Avik Mukhopadhyay (Sardar Udham)
- Best Sound Design- Dipankar Chaki, Nihar Ranjan Samal (Sardar Udham)
- Best Background Score- Shantanu Moitra (Sardar Udham)
- Best Costume Design- Veera Kapur EE (Sardar Udham)
- Best Action- Stefan Richter, Sunil Rodrigues (Shershaah)
- Best Special Effects- VFXwaala, Edit FX Studios (Sardar Udham)
10th edition of exercise SAREX-22 concluded in Chennai
- The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has concluded the 10th National Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise SAREX -22 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Theme – Capacity Building Towards Marine Passenger Safety
- This exercise was reviewed by Indian Coast Guard chief VS Pathania along with other agencies and foreign participants.
- The two-day exercise was conducted under the aegis of the National Maritime Search and Rescue Board (NMSARB).
- Indian army and Chinese Army will attend the Vostok 2022 military exercises that will be held in Russia from August 30 to September 5.
- The biennial Pacific Dragon ballistic missile defense exercise between the military of South Korea, the United States and Japan is being held from August 01 to August 14, 2022 off the coast of Hawaii.
- 4th Edition of India-Oman Joint Military Exercise ‘AL NAJAH-IV’ is scheduled to be held in Rajasthan at the Foreign Training Node of Mahajan Field Firing Ranges.
- 3rd India-Vietnam Bilateral Army Exercise “Ex VINBAX 2022” to begin at Chandimandir in Haryana.
- India-Japan conducted a Maritime Partnership exercise (MPX) in the Andaman Sea.
VAR technology to make debut in FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in India
- Video Assistant Referee (VAR) technology will be used for the first time at a FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup, to be held in India in October 2022.
- The VAR technology supports the decision-making process of the referee in game-changing situations: goals and offenses leading up to a goal, penalty decisions and offenses leading up to a penalty, direct red card incidents, and mistaken identity.
- It will be the third FIFA women’s tournament to utilize VAR following the U-20 Women’s World Cup Costa Rica 2022 & the Women’s World Cup France 2019.
- This will be the second time the VAR technology will be used in India, the first one being from the quarterfinal stage of the AFC Women’s Asian Cup the country hosted in January-February this year.
FIFA Upcoming Event
- FIFA World Cup 2022 – Qatar (32 Teams)
- FIFA World Cup 2026 – Canada, Mexico, USA (48 teams)
- FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup 2022 – Costa Rica
- FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2022 – India
- FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2023 – Australia and New Zealand
About International Federation of Association Football (FIFA)
- Founded – 21 May 1904
- Founded – Paris, France
- Headquarters – Zürich, Switzerland
- Membership – 211
- Languages – English, French, German, Spanish & Italian
- First President – Robert Guérin
- Current President – Gianni Infantino (Switzerland)
- Secretary General – Fatma Samoura (Senegal)
Colin de Grandhomme announced his retirement from international cricket
- New Zealand all-rounder Colin de Grandhomme has announced his retirement from international cricket.
- Colin represented New Zealand in 29 Tests, 45 ODIs, and 41 T20Is.
- He was a part of the New Zealand team that won the inaugural ICC World Test Championship.
- He made his international debut in 2012.
- He scored 1,432, 742, and 505 runs in Test, ODI, and T201 cricket, respectively.
Recently retired cricketers
- Ben Stokes – One Day International Cricket – England
- Dinesh Ramdin – International Cricket – West Indies
- Tamim Iqbal – T20 International – Bangladesh
- Lendl Simmons – International Cricket – West Indies
- Eoin Morgan – International Cricket – England
- Mohammad Hafeez – International Cricket – Pakistan
- Ross Taylor – International Cricket – New Zealand
- Tim Bresnam – All Form of Cricket – England
- Danushka Gunathilaka – Test Cricket – Sri Lanka
- Chris Morris – All Form of Cricket – South Africa
- Suranga Lakmal – International Cricket – Sri Lanka
- Kieron Pollard – International Cricket – West Indies
- Hamish Bennett – All Form of Cricket – New Zealand
- Rahul Sharma – – International Cricket – India
Book and Author
Subedar Major Yogendra Yadav authored autobiography titled “The Hero of Tiger Hill”
- Subedar Major (Honorary Captain) has written an autobiography titled “The Hero of Tiger Hill”, which tells the inspiring story of Yogendra Singh Yadav.
- The book was mainly focused on the night of July 3, 1999, 19 years old Yadav was given a crucial task with the Ghatak Platoon of 18 Grenadiers Regiment in order to capture Tiger Hill.
- Yogendra Singh Yadav is the youngest Param Vir Chakra awardee (India’s highest gallantry award) at the age of 19 for his actions in the 1999 Kargil conflict.
- This book was published by Srishti Publishers.
- It is the true story of a brave soldier who left no stone unturned and fought valiantly for the honour of India.
- India’s Economy From Nehru To Modi : A Brief History – Pulapre Balakrishnan
- New India: Selected Writings 2014-19 – Launched by Former VP M Venkaiah Naidu
- Bibi: My Story – Benjamin Netanyahu’s Autobiography
- Field Guide, Birds of India’ – published by ZSI
- Dilip Kumar: In the Shadow of a Legend – Faisal Farooqui
1 to 7 September – National Nutrition Week
- National Nutrition Week is observed every year from September 1-7.
- Objective – To raise awareness among the general public about the value of healthy eating practices and proper nutrition for upholding a healthy lifestyle.
- Theme 2022 – Celebrate a World of Flavours
- The Indian government first introduced this week-long campaign in 1982.
- As per the Global Hunger Index Report 2021, India ranks 101 among 116 countries.
Former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev passed away
- The former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev passed away
- Gorbachev became general secretary of the Soviet Communist Party and de facto leader of the country in 1985.
- At the time, he was the youngest member of the ruling council known as the Politburo.
- He won the Nobel Peace Prize for negotiating a historic nuclear arms pact with US leader Ronald Reagan.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here