Daily GK Update 20th April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 20 April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
AP launched Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme
- The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy recently released the first tranche of Rs 672 crores under the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme for the year 2021-22. This reimbursed the fees for 10.88 lakh students. So far, a total of Rs 4, 879 crores have been disbursed under the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme.
- Aims: The main objective of Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme is to provide scholarships to all the students who are not able to pay their fees because of their financial burden. The scheme mainly focuses on students seeking higher education. It aims to provide fee reimbursement to more than 14 lakh students of the state.
- The scheme will directly credit the amount into the accounts of students’ mothers. Earlier, the money was transferred to the owners of the colleges.
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Capitals: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital, Amaravati (legislative capital.)
MoU between the India and Bangladesh on the establishment of a framework of cooperation in the area of trade remedial measures
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its ex post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Director General of Trade Remedies, Republic of India and the Bangladesh Trade & Tariff Commission, People’s Republic of Bangladesh on the establishment of a framework of cooperation in the area of trade remedial measures signed on 27th March, 2021 at Dhaka.
- Objectives: The primary objective of the MOU is to promote cooperation between the two countries in the area of Trade Remedies, covering the broad activities related to exchange of information, undertaking capacity building activities and activities in accordance with various provisions of World Trade Organization in the area of anti-dumping, countervailing and safeguard measures in bilateral trade between India and Bangladesh.
Note: About Bangladesh
- Capital: Dhaka
- President: Abdul Hamid
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
International (Current Affairs)
‘Out of control’ fire breaks out in Cape Town’s Table Mountain National Park
- The Table Mountain National Park is located in Cape Town of South Africa. Recently, a fire caught in the park and is burning it rapidly. More than two hundred fire fighters have been deployed in the region to quench the fire.
- A vacated vagrant fire may have caused the fire. Vagrant is a person without home or who wanders from place-to-place begging. It is a flat-topped mountain. It is a significant tourist attraction. It is included in the UNESCO World Heritage site.
World Press Freedom Index 2021: India Ranks 142, Norway Tops
- The Reporters Without Borders, a not-for-profit body recently published the World Press Freedom Index, 2021. It ranked 180 countries. India ranked 142 in the index. India was at the same position in 2020 as well.
- Rank 1: Norway
- Rank 2: Finland
- Rank 3: Denmark
- Rank 177: China
- Rank 179: North Korea
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021
- Economic Freedom Index 2021: 121st
- World Happiness Report 2021-139th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index 2021-40th
- Henley Passport index 2021: 84th
Miguel Díaz-Canel to succeed Raúl Castro as the President of Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel will succeed Raúl Castro as the Cuban Communist Party’s first secretary, the most powerful position on the island. He is the first person without the surname Castro to run Cuba since the 1959 revolution.
- Raúl Castro announced that he would step down from the key position of the party and hand over the leadership to a younger generation. At 60, Díaz-Canel is almost 30 years younger than his predecessor and will now hold Cuba’s two most important positions, head of the party and president of the state.
- Eighty nine year old Castro had been in the post since 2011, when he took over from his older brother, Fidel Castro.
Note: About Cuba
- Capital: Havana
- Currency: Cuban peso
Banking and Financial
JP Morgan, UBS and Citi Research downgrades India’s GDP forecasts for FY22
With the resurgence of COVID-19 cases posing risks to economic recovery, the leading brokerages have downgraded India’s GDP growth projections for the current fiscal year 2021-22. Current fiscal year to as low as 10 per cent on local lockdowns threatening fragile recovery.
- JP Morgan now projects GDP growth at 11 per cent from 13 per cent earlier.
- UBS sees 10 per cent GDP growth, down from 11.5 per cent earlier and
- Citi has downgraded growth to 12 per cent.
Icra cuts its FY22 GDP estimate by 0.5%, sees economy expanding by 10.5%
- Domestic rating agency Icra on 20th April cut its 2021-22 growth estimate by 0.5 per cent on the upper end, as a newer spate of lockdowns and restrictions get imposed in pockets to arrest the rising COVID-19 cases.
- The agency now expects the economy to grow 10-10.5 per cent in 2021-22, against the 10-11 per cent estimated earlier.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-10.1%
- Nomura –12.6%
Football: Barcelona won 2021 Copa del Rey
- Barcelona won the 2021 Copa del Rey with a 4-0 victory against Athletic Bilbao on 19th April.
- Barca earned the Spanish King’s Cup trophy, scoring all their goals in the second half of the final at La Cartuja Stadium, Seville.
Stefanos Tsitsipas Won Monte Carlo 2021 Title
- Stefanos Tsitsipas has won his first ATP Masters 1000 series after a flawless performance against Andrey Rublev in Monte Carlo.
- The Greek star had lost his previous two finals at this level, with Rafael Nadal denying him in Toronto and Novak Djokovic beating him in Madrid. Rublev beat 11-time Monte Carlo champion Nadal in the quarter-finals.
Former Assam Chief Minister Bhumidhar Barman Passed away at 91
- Former Assam chief minister Bhumidhar Barman passed away on 18th Arpil. He was 91. Mr Barman, a veteran Congress leader, was a two-time chief minister of the state.
- His first term as the chief minister lasted from April 22 to May 14, 1996 when his predecessor Hiteswar Saikia died. He was again made the chief minister in 2010 when then CM Tarun Gogoi had gone to Mumbai for his heart surgery.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|