Current Affairs 20th August 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
India launched UNITE Aware Platform in collaboration with UN
- India has launched a tech platform named “UNITE Aware”, in collaboration with the UN, for improving the safety and security of the UN peacekeepers. The platform was launched in the presence of External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar at the UN headquarters.
- The launch of the UNITE AWARE platform came as India assumed the Presidency of the 15-nation UN Security Council for the month of August.
International (Current Affairs)
Malaysia’s King appoints Ismail Sabri as Prime Minister
- Malaysia’s king appointed Ismail Sabri Yaakob as the prime minister on 20th Aug, replacing Muhyiddin Yassin, who stepped down this week after losing his parliamentary majority.
- Mr. Ismail Sabri, who was Muhyiddin’s deputy, takes over as the Southeast Asian nation grapples with a surge in COVID-19 infections and an economic slump, amid growing public anger over the handling of the health crisis. He secured majority support, with the backing of 114 of parliament’s 222 members.
Note: About Malaysia
- Capital: Kuala Lumpur
- Currency: Malaysian ringgit
Banking & Financial
India-ADB: USD 500 million loan agreement signed for Bengaluru Metro
- India has signed a USD 500 million loans agreement with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) in order to expand metro rail network in Bengaluru.
- Metro Rail Network in Bengaluru will be expanded with the construction of two new metro lines of 56 kilometers.
List of Loan approved by ADB 2021
- $300 million – Primary health care in urban areas
- $300 million – Upgrade power distribution network in Uttar Pradesh
- 2100 Cr.- Tripura for urban, tourism development
- $231 million- enhance power generation capacity in Assam
- $300 million –Upgrade the power distribution system in Bengaluru city.
- $484 Million-Chennai-Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor
RBI to put in place a “PRISM” to strengthen compliance by lenders
- The Reserve Bank of India is putting in place a Platform for Regulated Entities for Integrated Supervision and Monitoring (PRISM), a web-based end-to-end workflow automation system, to strengthen compliance by supervised entities (SEs).
- This is aimed at helping supervised entities to strengthen their internal defences and resilience and bringing focus on root cause analysis (RCA).
- PRISM will have various functionalities like inspection; compliance; incident functionality for cybersecurity; complaints; and returns functionalities.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
- Deputy Governor : T Rabi Sankar
PR Sreejesh to be brand ambassador of Kerala adventure tourism
- Olympian Parattu Raveendran Sreejesh (PR Sreejesh), goalkeeper and former captain of the Indian National Hockey team is set to be named as the brand ambassador of adventure tourism in Kerala.
- Sreejesh was a part of the Indian Hockey team that won the bronze medal at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic games. PR Sreejesh hails from Ernakulam, Kerala.
- MP tourism brand ambassador: Actor Govinda
- Gujarat tourism brand ambassador: Amitabh Bachchan
- Assam Brand Ambassador Tourism: Priyanka Chopra
Indian Film Festival of Melbourne Awards 2021
- The Family Man 2 actors Manoj Bajpayee and Samantha Akkineni were among the winners of the latest edition of the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne Awards. The IFFM 2021 were held virtually on Friday with several stars from various film industries in attendance.
- Tamil actor Suriya won the Best Performance Male for Soorarai Pottru, and Vidya Balan grabbed Best Performance Female for Sherni. READ FULL List
20 August: Sadbhavna Diwas
- It is observed on 20 August every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
- This day is observed as ‘Sadbhavana Diwas’ or Harmony Day’ with an objective to encourage national integration, peace, affection, and communal harmony among the Indian people of all religions.
20 August: World Mosquito Day
- World Mosquito Day is observed every year on August 20 to commemorate Sir Ronald Ross’s discovery in 1897 that Anopheles mosquitoes transmit the malaria parasite to humans. The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine has been organising the annual event since the 1930s to mark the British doctor’s work.
- World Mosquito Day is observed every year to highlight the efforts of healthcare officials, NGOs, and others in fighting diseases caused by malaria.
- Theme 2021: “Reaching the zero malaria target”.
20 August: Indian Akshay Urja Day
- Since its advent in 2004, Akshay Urja Diwas is celebrated every year on August 20. The date on which the day is celebrated has another special feather attached to it. The day also marks the birth anniversary of the late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
- It is an awareness campaign aimed at enlightening the masses about the benefits of renewable energy resources in their lives as well as that of our blue planet.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|