Current Affairs 20th December 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
PM Modi laid foundation stone of Ganga Expressway in UP
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the longest highwayin India, the Ganga Expressway in Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh to offer fast-paced connectivity in India.
- The six-lane 594 km long expressway will be built at a cost of about Rs 36200 crorewill connect the western and eastern regions of UP.
- The highway will pass through different districts of UP such as Meerut, Hapur, Bulandshahr, Amroha, Sambhal, Budaun, Shahjahanpur, Hardoi, Unnao, Rae Bareli, Pratapgarh and Prayagraj.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
India’s 1st International Arbitration and Mediation Centre (IAMC) inaugurated in Hyderabad, Telangana
- Chief Justice of India (CJI)Justice NV Ramana, and Chief Minister of Telangana K Chandrasekhar Rao has inaugurated India’s First International Arbitration and Mediation Centre (IAMC) at Phoenix VK Tower at Nanakramguda, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- IAMC has been established to quickly resolve the issues that arise due to the Lack of sufficient judges. IAMC will settle commercial disputes and it will also look into the disputes of ordinary people.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Tata Motors signed MoU with Maharashtra to set up vehicle scrapping facility
- Tata Motors Limited has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the state government of Maharashtra to support the establishment of a Registered Vehicle Scrapping Facility (RVSF) in Maharashtra.
- The facility will have a capacity of recycling around 35000 vehicles a year.
- The MoU was concluded at the Conference on Investment Opportunities in Highway, Transport and Logistics in Mumbai in the presence of Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Tiger Reserves: Bor Tiger Reserve, Tadoba-Andhari, Navegaon – Nagzira, Melghat Tiger Reserve, Sahyadri Tiger Reserve
GAIL signed MoU with GACL for setting up 500 KLD Bioethanol plant in Gujarat
- GAIL India Limited signed an MoU with Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Limited (GACL) for setting up of 500 Kilo Litre Per Day (KLD) capacity Bioethanol plant in Gujarat and for cooperation in other business areas of mutual interest.
- The estimated project cost is Rs. 1,000 croresand it is expected to generate annual revenue of approximately Rs. 1500 crores. An estimated savings of USD 70 million per year in Foreign Exchange is also expected through this project.
- This MoU was signed on the lines of the roadmap launched by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi for 20% Ethanol Blending in Petrol by 2025 in order to reduce import of crude oil.
About GAIL (India) Limited:
- Founded: August 1984
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- CMD: Manoj Jain
Karl Nehammer sworn in as Chancellor of Austria
- Karl Nehammer was sworn in as Austria’s chancellor by Alexander Van der Bellen, President of Austria in a ceremony in Hofburg Palace, Vienna, Austria.
- He is succeeding the career diplomat Alexander Schallenberg who took charge as chancellor in October 2021. He is the 3rd person to hold the role of Austria’s Chancellor in the last two months.
- Capital: Vienna
- Currency: Euro
- President: Alexander Van der Bellen
Banking and Financial
IFSCA set up committee for creating a framework for the transfer of stressed loans: headed by G Padmanabhan
- International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) set up a committee for creating a framework for the transfer of stressed loans from domestic lenders to financial institutions.
- Former executive director of Reserve Bank of India G Padmanabhanwill chair the committee along with expertise in banking and legal firms.
- The committee examines the provisions of the RBI directions that require further clarification for transferring stressed loans, for identifying areas or issues of the directions from RBI.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment’s committee to review criteria for reservation for EWS: Ajay Bhushan Pandey
- NITI Aayog’s committee to formulate an action plan for Online Dispute Resolution (ODR): Arjan Kumar Sikri
- RBI’s advisory committee to assist RCL’s administrator Nageswar Rao: Sanjeev Nautiyal, Srinivasan Varadarajan, Praveen P Kadle
- Steering Committee for Advancing Local Value-Add and Exports (SCALE committee): Pawan Goenka
- SEBI set up Advisory Committee for Leveraging Regulatory and Technology Solutions (ALeRTS): Madhabi Puri Buch
RBI authorised RBL Bank to collect indirect taxes
- Based on the recommendation from the Controller General of Accounts, the Ministry of Finance, the Reserve Bank of India has granted permission to RBL Bank to collect indirect taxes on behalf of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
- RBL Bank has already got permission from RBI in November 2021 to collect direct taxes. So, the current announcement enables the bank to collect both direct and indirect taxes.
About RBL Bank:
- Founded: 1943
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO & MD: Vishwavir Ahuja
- Tagline: Apno Ka Bank
SAIL received Golden Peacock Environment Management Award 2021
- Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL), under Ministry of Steel has been awarded with the prestigious Golden Peacock Environment Management Award 2021for successive three years.
- The Award is given to organizations for significant achievements in Environment Management by Environment Foundation (WEF) since 1998.
- Major initiatives by SAIL: Carbon footprint reduction, R&D, creation of carbon sinks, gradual shift to LED, enhancing share of renewable energy, etc.
About Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL):
- Founded: 19 January 1954
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CEO: Soma Mondal
DRDO successfully test-fired new generation ballistic missile ‘Agni P’
- Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) successfully test-fired its new generation Agni Prime (Agni-P) missile from a defence base at Dr APJ Abdul Kalam island off the Odisha coast in Balasore.
- The Agni-P is a new generation advanced variant of the Agni class of missiles. The surface nuclear capable ballistic missile with a range of 1000 to 2000 km.
- The missile was designed and developed completely by the DRDO.
Launch Missile with range by DRDO IN NEWS
- “Prithvi II”-350 Km
- “K-4 nuclear”-3500Km
- “Nirbhay”: 1500Km
- ‘Akash-NG’: 60 KM
- Agni-5: 5000 KM
- Pinaka ER: 70 Km
- Stand-off Anti-tank (SANT) Missile: 10 KM
India won 16 medals in Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship 2021 held at Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- India concluded the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships 2021 with 16 medals – 4 Gold, 7 Silver, and 5 Bronze, held at Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Bindyarani Devi was India’s only medallist at the World Weightlifting Championships 2021, that was also held parallelly at Tashkent.
- South Korea’s Son Young-hee won the gold medal at the world championships with an overall lift of 282kg (122+159).
- New Zealand’s David Liti won the gold medal for a total of 407kg (176+231) followed by Pakistan’s Muhammad Nooh Dastgir Butt, who lifted 390kg (165+225).
India’s Medal Winners:
|Men||Jeremy Lalrinnunga (67kg)
Achinta Sheuli (73kg)
Ajay Singh (81kg)
|Women||Purnima Pandey (+87kg)|
|Men||Guru Raja (61kg)
Lovepreet Singh (109kg)
|Women||Jhili Dalabehera (49kg)
S Bindyarani Devi (55kg)
Hazarika Popy (59kg)
Harjinder Kaur (71kg)
Punam Yadav (76kg)
|Men||Vikas Thakur (96kg)
Gurdeep Singh (+109kg)
R Arockiya Alish (76kg)
Anuradha Pavunraj (87kg)
K Srikanth won silver at BWF World badminton championship
- Shuttler Kidambi Srikanth became the first Indian man to win a silver medal at BWF World Championships. In the final, he was defeated by Singapore’s Loh Kean Yew by 21-15, 22-20.
- This was the first time that a men’s player from Singapore won gold at BWF World Championships. The badminton tournament was held from December 12 to 19, 2021 in Huelva, Spain.
- India’s Lakshya Sen & Denmark’s Anders Antonsen won the Bronze Medal in the Men’s Singles in BWF World Championships 2021.
- Akane Yamaguchi of Japan clinched the women’s title beating World No. 1 and top seed Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei.
About Badminton World Federation (BWF):
- Founded: 5 July 1934
- Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- President: Poul-Erik Høyer Larsen
Book and Author
A book titled “India’s Ancient Legacy of Wellness” authored by Dr Rekha Chaudhari was launched
- A book titled “India’s Ancient Legacy of Wellness” authored by Dr Rekha Chaudhari was launched in the presence of the Governor of Maharashtra, Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
- It was launched on the occasion of World Digital Day (WDD) celebration. The book highlights how important it is for human beings to be close to nature which helps to revive and recharge to do productive work.
20 December: International Human Solidarity Day
- United Nations observes December 20 as the International Human Solidarity Day (IHSD) to honor ‘unity in diversity’.
- The IHSD aims to promote solidarity for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals including poverty eradication. It was on December 22, 2005, the UN General Assembly declared ‘solidarity’ to be one of the most crucial pillars of human relationship.
INC Leader & former Union Minister R L Jalappa passed away
- Jalappa, a veteran leader of the Indian National Congress (INC) and the former Union Minister of Textiles has passed away in Kolar, Karnataka.
- RL Jalappa was founder and Chairman of Devaraj Urs Medical College in Kolar and RL Jalappa Institute of Technology, Doddaballapur.
- In 1979 he quit Congress to form the Karnataka Kranti Ranga with former Chief Minister D Devaraj Urs and he again joined congress in 1998.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs