Current Affairs 21, 22 August 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
BRICS signs deal on cooperation in remote sensing satellite data sharing
- Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) signed an agreement for cooperation in remote sensing satellite data sharing, according to the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- The pact inked on August 17 enables building a virtual constellation of specified remote sensing satellites of BRICS space agencies and their respective ground stations will receive the data.
FM launched ‘Ubharte Sitaare Fund’
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is set to launch an ambitious ‘Ubharte Sitaare Fund’ on August 21, 2021. It will be launched for export-oriented firms and startups.
- Ubharte Sitaare fund has been set up jointly by Exim Bank and SIDBI. This fund is a mix of structured support– financial as well as advisory services by investing in equity or equity like instruments; debt– both funded & non-funded and technical assistance such as advisory services, grants & soft loans; to the Indian companies.
- About: It will identify Indian enterprises having potential advantages with respect to technology, products or processes along with export potential, but are currently underperforming or unable to use their potential to grow.
India’s highest herbal park inaugurated in Uttarakhand
- India’s highest altitude herbal park situated at a height of 11,000 feet was inaugurated on 21st August at Mana village close to the Indo-China border in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district, officials said. Mana is the last Indian village in Chamoli bordering China and is adjacent to the famous Himalayan temple of Badrinath.
- The herbal park has around 40 species found in high altitude alpine areas in the Himalayan region.
Note: About Uttrakhand
- Founded: 9 November 2000
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
- Chief minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
International (Current Affairs)
Apple tops Hurun Global 500 Most Valuable Companies list 2021
- Apple is the world’s most valuable company (USD 2,443 billion) according to the Hurun Global 500 Most Valuable Companies list 2021.
- Globally, the US-led with 243 companies, up by one; followed by China 47, down by four, Japan was third with 30 and the UK was fourth with 24.
- While India is ranked 9th with 12 companies. Reliance Industries (USD 188 billion) ranked at 57 is the top Indian company in the list.
- Facebook and
Banking & Financial
RBI introduced Financial Inclusion Index
- The Reserve Bank of India introduced the financial inclusion index on August 17, 2021.
- The Financial Inclusion Index will be used to capture the extent of financial inclusion in India. This index was part of the announcements made in first bi-monthly monetary policy of April 2021.
- About: Financial Inclusion Index has been conceptualised as a comprehensive index comprising the details of banking, insurance, investments, postal and pension sector in consultation with government and sectoral regulators.
Kotak Mahindra Bank launches ‘Neo Collections’ Digital Repayment platform
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched a platform named ‘Neo Collections’, which is a Do It Yourself Digital Repayment Platform for missed loan repayments. Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched the Neo Collections platform in tie-up with Creditas Solutions.
- The main objective of this DIY digital repayment platform is to make repayments for outstanding loans more convenient for customers.
Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Establishment: 2003;
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra;
- MD & CEO: Uday Kotak.
NK. Singh appointed New President of Institute of Economic Growth Society
- Chairman of 15th Finance Commission, NK Singh, has been elected as the new president of Institute of Economic Growth (IEG) Society.
- He succeeded former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh who was the President of IEG since 1992. His name was recommended by Dr Manmohan Singh for the consideration of the IEG’s general assembly. Dr Manmohan Singh stepped down from this position for health concerns.
Note: About IEG
- It is an autonomous, multidisciplinary centre that is used for advanced research and training.
- Founded by: VKRV Rao in 1952, but became operational in 1958.
- Located: University Enclave of University of Delhi, New Delhi.
Shanti Lal Jain appointed MD and CEO of Indian Bank
- Shanti Lal Jain has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Indian Bank for a period of three years. He will replace Padmaja Chunduru as MD and CEO of Indian Bank. He is currently the Executive Director (ED) at the Bank of Baroda.
- Indian Bank for a period of three years with effect from the date of assumption of office on or after September 1, 2021.
Note: List of Some CEO
- Bank of Baroda: Sanjiv Chadha
- Bank of India: Atanu Kumar Das
- Bank of Maharashtra: A. S. Rajeev
- Canara Bank: Lingan Venkat Prabhakr
- Indian Overseas Bank: Partha Pratim Sengupta
Joint Guidance for the Australia – India Navy to Navy Relationship
- Indian Navy and Royal Australian Navy signed a ‘Joint Guidance for the Australia- India Navy to Navy Relationship’ document on August 18, 2021.
- Joint Guidance will serve as a guideline document in order to showcase the determination of both the Navies in order to work together bilaterally or multilaterally.
Amit Kumar walks to win silver medal in World Athletics U20 Championships in Nairobi
- India’s Amit Kumar bagged a silver medal when finished second in the men’s 10000 m race walk event of the World Athletics U20 Championships at Kasarani Stadium in Nairobi, Kenya on 21 Aug, with a time of 42 minutes 17:94 seconds.
- Hosts Haristone Wanyonyi won a rare gold with a time of 42:10.84s and Paul McGrath took home bronze in 42:31.11s.
21 August: World Senior Citizen Day
- World Senior Citizen Day is observed globally on August 21 every year. The day is celebrated to raise awareness about issues affecting older people, such as deterioration with age and the abuse of the elderly and support, honour and show appreciation to seniors and to recognize their achievements.
- The Day was proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly on December 14, 1990.
Kalyan Singh Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister passed away At 89
- Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Kalyan Singh died on 21st August in Lucknow due to sepsis and multi-organ failure. He was 89.
- Mr Singh was Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, India’s most populous state, twice — June 1991 to December 1992 and September 1997 to November 1999. He also served as Governor of Rajasthan between 2014 and 2019.
Godfather of Sudoku passes away
- The Godfather of Sudoku, Maki Kaji, passed away at the age of 69, due to bile duct cancer, on August 17, 2021.
- He was the creator of popular numbers puzzle Sudoku. His work was spreading the joy of puzzles. He created the puzzle to be easy for children and others.
Actor Chithra passes away
- Malayalam actor Chithra, who has also acted in Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Hindi films, passed away on 21 August. She suffered a cardiac arrest at her home in Chennai. She was 56.
- Chithra was a known name in the south film industry. She acted in almost 100 films throughout her career and worked with the likes of Mohanlal and Prem Nazir in her debut film Attakalasham in 1983.
- She went on to star in other hit Malayalam dramas including Adavitam, Nadodi, Ekalavyan, Devasuram, Commissioner, Aaram Thampuran and Ustad.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|