Daily GK Update 21 June 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Bihar government launches ‘Mukhya Mantri Udyaymi Yojna’ scheme to all women and youth
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on 19th June launched two ambitious schemes christened as the ‘Mukhya Mantri Yuva Udyaymi Yojna’ and the ‘Mukhya Mantri Mahila Udyami Yojna’ to promote entrepreneurship among youth and women of all sections under the state’s ‘Mukhaya Mantri Udyami Yojna’ scheme.
- The schemes were promised by the chief minister during the 2020 Bihar elections. Youth and Women-irrespective of caste and creed, wishing to start entrepreneurship, will get a loan of Rs 10 lakh, in which Rs 5 lakh would be a grant from the state government and the rest Rs 5 lakh will come as loan, refundable in 84 instalments.
Note: About Bihar
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
- Capital: Patna
- Chief minister: Nitish Kumar
Ease of Living Index: Bengaluru ‘most liveable’ city
- Bengaluru has been named as the most liveable city of India, in the Ease of Living Index 2020, released by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE).
- The Ease of Living Index 2020 is part of the report titled State of India’s Environment 2021.
- The report focused on four parameters to determine the ease of living index score of each city, which are: quality of life, economic ability, sustainability and citizens’ perceptions. Each city was rated out of 100 in all parameters.
Top 5 City
- Rank 1:Bengaluru
- Rank 2:Chennai
- Rank 3:Shimla
- Rank 4:Bhubaneshwar
- Rank 5:Mumbai
Banking & Financial
IDFC First Bank launches ‘Ghar Ghar Ration’ program
- IDFC First Bank has announced the launch of the “Ghar Ghar Ration” Program, an Employee-funded program for its low-income customers whose livelihoods are affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- “Ghar Ghar Ration is a unique employee-led initiative by IDFC FIRST Bank where employees have contributed their personal income to help those in need in these testing times.
India receives $64 billion FDI in 2020, fifth largest recipient of inflows in world: UN
- India received USD 64 billion in Foreign Direct Investment in 2020, the fifth largest recipient of inflows in the world, according to a UN report which said the COVID-19 second wave in the country weighs heavily on the country’s overall economic activities but its strong fundamentals provide “optimism” for the medium term.
- The World Investment Report 2021 by the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), released 21 June, said global FDI flows have been severely hit by the pandemic
- and they plunged by 35 per cent in 2020 to USD 1 trillion from USD 1.5 trillion the previous year.
- The report said in India, FDI increased 27 per cent to USD 64 billion in 2020 from USD 51 billion in 2019, pushed up by acquisitions in the information and communication technology (ICT) industry, making the country the fifth largest FDI recipient in the world.
- US-USD156 Billion
- China-USD 149 Billion
- Hong Kong-119 Billion
Indo-American chemist Sumita Mitra honoured with prestigious European Inventor Award
- Indian-American chemist Sumita Mitra, the first to have successfully integrated nanotechnology into dental materials to produce stronger and more aesthetically pleasing fillings, has been honoured with the European Inventor Award 2021 in the ‘Non-European Patent Office countries’ category.
- The award, one of Europe’s most prestigious innovation prizes, is presented annually by the European Patent Office (EPO) to recognise outstanding inventors from Europe and beyond.
India, Japan conduct bilateral naval exercise in Indian Ocean
- Ships of the Indian Navy and Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) on 14th June participated in a joint naval exercise at the Indian Ocean to realize “Free and Open Indo-Pacific (FOIP).
- Naval cooperation between India and Japan has increased in scope and complexity over the years.
Note: list of exercise between India and Japan
- Dharma Guardian
Max Verstappen won 2021 French Grand Prix
- Max Verstappen (Netherlands-Red Bull) has won the 2021 French Grand Prix. This race is the seventh round of the 2021 FIA Formula One World Championship.
- Lewis Hamilton (Britain-Mercedes) stood second and Sergio Perez (Mexico- Red Bull) stood third.
Note: List of 2021 F1 Race
- Bahrain F1 Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain)
- Emilia Romagna F1 Grand Prix: Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands)
- Portuguese Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
- Spanish Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
- Monaco Grand Prix: Max Verstappen
- Azerbaijan Grand Prix: Sergio Perez (Red Bull- Mexico)
21st June: International Yoga Day
- June 21, 2021, will mark the seventh edition of International Day of Yoga (Since 2015). Yoga has always been an important part of India’s culture and civilization as it is not just beneficial for the body but also renews the mind with confidence
- The idea for an UN-mandated International Day of Yoga was first proposed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his speech at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in 2014.
- Theme 2021:’Yoga for well-being’.
21 June: World Hydrography Day
- Observed annually on 21 June, the World Hydrography Day highlights the importance of hydrography and its relevance. This important day was approved and implemented by the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) as an annual celebration. This year, the IHO is also celebrating the 100th anniversary of its formation.
- The main objective of this day is to attract people’s attention towards the work of the IHO at the international level. It is also celebrated to urge countries to work together to protect the marine environment and seek for safe international navigation around the world.
21 June: World Music day
- World Music Day is celebrated on June 21 every year to honour the musicians and singers for the gift of music, which gives flight to the imagination and life to everything. A world without music would have no meaning to many and World Music Day is observed to celebrate the power of this art.
- Also known as Fête de la Musique, it is celebrated for motivating budding, young and professional musicians to perform.
20 June: World Refugee Day celebrated
- World Refugee Day is observed every year on June 20 to respect and honour the courage and resilience of refugees across the world.
- The United Nations observes this day to honour the refugees who have been forced outside of their homes. The day aims to build understanding and empathy for refugees building their lives in countries new to them.
- Theme 2021:‘Together we heal, learn and shine’.
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now