Daily GK Update 22 , 23 May 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 22 , 23 May 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
India & Oman renew MoUs on military cooperation & maritime issues
- India and Oman renewed the Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) on military cooperation along with its annexure as well as on maritime issues on May 20, 2021.
- The MoU on cooperation on maritime issues was signed at the Maritime Security Centre by Commander of Royal Navy of Oman, the Head of Maritime Security Committee, Rear Admiral Saif bin Nasser Al Rahbi and Mr. Munu Mahawar.
Note: About Oman
- Capital: Muscat
- Currency: Omani rial
International (Current Affairs)
Forbes Highest paid Athletes list 2021: MMA star Conor McGregor tops the list
- UFC star Conor McGregor has topped the Forbes list by earning $180 million in the past year beating soccer superstars Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo to become the highest paid athlete in the world.
- Rank 1 | Conor McGregor | Sport: MMA | Country: Ireland | Last year earning: $180 million
- Rank 2 | Lionel Messi | Sport: Soccer | Country: Argentina | Last year earning: $130 million
- Rank 3 | Cristiano Ronaldo | Sport: Soccer | Country: Portugal | Last year earning: $120 million
- Rank 4 | Dak Prescott | Sport: Football | Country: United States | Last year earning: $107.5 million
- Rank 5 | Lebron James | Sport: Basketball | Country: United States | Last year earning: $96.5 million
- Rank 6 | Neymar | Sport: Soccer | Country: Brazil | Last year earning: $95 million
- Rank 7 | Roger Federer | Sport: Tennis | Country: Switzerland | Last year earning: $90 million
- Rank 8 | Lewis Hamilton | Sport: Formula 1 | Country: United Kingdom | Last year earning: $82 million
- Rank 9 | Tom Brady | Sport: Football | Country: United States | Last year earning: $76 million
- Rank 10 | Kevin Durant | Sport: Basketball | Country: United States | Last year earning: $75 million
Italy hosts the Global G 20 Summit
- The Global G20 Health Summit was co-hosted by European Commission along with Italy as part of its G20 presidency amid the surge and spread of the coronavirus cases.
- Summit noted, risk of more transmissible variants has increased with nine people losing their lives to Covid-19 per minute. As per WHO officials, future of pandemic is in hands of G20 leaders. G20 has also contributed in the launch of ACT-Accelerator as it was launched after G20 called for a global mechanism to accelerate development of tests, treatments and vaccines.
Banking & Financial
RBI to transfer Rs. 99,122 crore surplus to Central Government for FY21
- The Reserve Bank of India will transfer Rs 99,122 crore surplus to the Central Government for the accounting period of nine months ended March 31, 2021 (July 2020-March 2021). The Contingency Risk Buffer will remain at 5.50%.
- This year RBI has changed its Accounting year from July-June to April-March to coincide with the accounting year of Government.
RBI increases the limit for Full-KYC PPIs to Rs 2 lakh from Rs 1 lakh
- The Reserve Bank of India has increased the maximum amount outstanding in respect of full-KYC PPIs (KYC-compliant PPIs) from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2 lakh.
- Apart from this, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has mandated that all prepaid payment instruments (PPIs) or mobile wallets such as Paytm, PhonePe and Mobikwik are fully KYC-compliant be made interoperable by March 31, 2022.
Note: RBI has also permitted cash withdrawal from Full-KYC PPIs of Non-Bank PPI Issuers. The condition on such cash withdrawal shall be:
- Maximum limit of Rs. 2,000 per transaction with an overall limit of Rs. 10,000 per month per PPI.
- All cash withdrawal transactions performed using a card/wallet shall be authenticated by an Additional Factor of Authentication (AFA) / PIN;
- RBI has increased the limit of cash withdrawal from Points of Sale (PoS) terminals using debit cards and open system prepaid cards (issued by banks) to Rs 2000 per transaction within an overall monthly limit of Rs. 10,000 across all locations (Tier 1 to 6 centres). Earlier this limit was Rs 1000 for Tier 1 and 2 cities while Rs 2000 for Tier 3 to 6 cities.
Naturalist Jane Goodall wins 2021 Templeton prize for life’s work
- The naturalist Jane Goodall has been announced as the 2021 winner of the Templeton prize in recognition of her life’s work on animal intelligence and humanity. Goodall, 87, built her global reputation on her groundbreaking studies of chimpanzees in Tanzania in the 1960s.
- The Templeton Prize is an annual award granted to a living person, in the estimation of the judges, “whose exemplary achievements advance Sir John Templeton’s philanthropic vision: harnessing the power of the sciences to explore the deepest questions of the universe and humankind’s place and purpose within it.”
Note: About Templeton Prize
- Instituted: 1973
- Presented by: John Templeton Foundation
- Reward(s): £1.1 million
- Currently held by: Francis Collins
- Awarded for: Outstanding contributions in affirming life’s spiritual dimension, whether through insight, discovery, or practical works
Football: FIFA U-17 women’s World Cup to be held in India in October 2022
- The U-17 women’s World Cup will be held in India from October 11 to 30 next year, Fifa Council said on 21st May. India were earlier scheduled to host the 2020 U-17 World Cup but it was postponed to 2021 before being cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Note: Other Fifa women;s football tournament
- Fifa U-20 Women’s World Cup Costa Rica 2022 (10-28 August 2022)
- Women’s World Cup Australia and New Zealand 2023 from July 20 to August 20, 2023.
Atletico Madrid clinch La Liga title
- Atletico Madrid pipped city rivals Real Madrid to the La Liga title on 22nd May Luis Suarez fired them to a 2-1 comeback win at Real Valladolid.
- Atletico finished top of the standings on 86 points while Real, who snatched a late 2-1 win over Villarreal, came second on 84. Valladolid finished 19th and were relegated to Spain’s second division.
Note: List of Winner Football tournament 2021
- Alexander Zverev beats Matteo Berrettini to won his 2nd Madrid title
- Manchester City crowned 2020-21 Premier League champions
- Manchester City beat Tottenham Hotspur in final at London to won League Cup football tournament
- Barcelona won 2021 Copa del Rey
- FA Cup: Leicester Beat Chelsea To Won Title For First Time
- Barcelona beats Chelsea 4-0 to win Women’s Champions League final for first time
22 May: International Day for Biological Diversity
- United Nations General Assembly in late 1993 proclaimed May 22 as “The International Day for Biological Diversity” (IDB) to increase understanding and awareness of biodiversity issues.
- Despite technological advances by humans, we are completely dependent on healthy and vibrant ecosystems for our water, food, medicines, clothes, fuel, shelter energy among others.
- Theme 2021: “We’re part of the solution”.
Famous Mathematician MS Narasimhan Passes Away
- Noted Indian mathematician, Professor MS Narasimhan has passed away. Professor Narasimhan, along with C. S. Seshadri, were known for their proof of the Narasimhan–Seshadri theorem.
- He is the only Indian to receive the King Faisal International Prize in the field of science.
Popular music composer Raam Laxman passed away
- Popular music composer Raam Laxman passed away on 22nd May. He was 78.
- Raam Laxman was known for composing the music for hit films like Maine Pyar Kiya, Hum Aapke Hain Koun, Hum Saath Saath Hain, 100 Days among many other
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|