Daily GK Update 22nd April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 22 April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
International (Current Affairs)
New Zealand became the first in the world to introduce climate change law for financial firms
- New Zealand has become the first country to introduce a law that will require banks, insurers, and investment managers to report the impacts of climate change on their business.
- All banks with total assets of more than NZ$1 billion ($703 million), insurers with more than NZ$1 billion in total assets under management, and all equity and debt issuers listed on the country’s stock exchange will have to make disclosures.
- The New Zealand government has introduced several policies to lower emissions during its second term including promising to make its public sector carbon-neutral by 2025 and buy only zero-emissions public transport buses from the middle of this decade.
Note: About New Zealand
- Prime minister: Jacinda Ardern
- Capital: Wellington
- Currency: New Zealand dollar
India elected to 3 bodies of UN Economic and Social Council
- India has been elected by acclamation to three bodies of the UN Economic and Social Council.
- India was elected by acclamation to the Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice,
- UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)
- And Executive Board of the World Food Programme, for a three-year term beginning January 1, 2022.
Note: About UN
- Headquarters: New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945
- Secretary general: António Guterres
India ranks 87th in global energy transition index, Sweden tops
- India has been ranked at the 87th position among 115 countries in the Energy Transition Index (ETI) that tracks nations on the current performance of their energy systems across various aspects, according to a World Economic Forum (WEF).
- Sweden in the first place, followed by Norway and Denmark.
- The index benchmarks 115 countries on the current performance of their energy systems across three dimensions — economic development and growth, environmental sustainability, and energy security and access indicators — and their readiness to transition to secure, sustainable, affordable, and inclusive energy systems.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021
- Economic Freedom Index 2021: 121st
- World Happiness Report 2021-139th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index 2021-40th
- Henley Passport index 2021: 84th
- World Press Freedom Index, 2021: 142nd
Tamil Nadu’s Arjun Kalyan becomes 68th Indian Grandmaster
- Tamil Nadu’s, Arjun Kalyan became India’s 68th Chess Grandmaster when he crossed the 2500 ELO mark after beating Dragan Kosic in the fifth round of GM Round Robin “Rujna Zore-3” in Serbia.
- Arjun is coached by IM Saravanan and Ukrainian GM Aleksandr Goloshchapov and began playing chess at the age of nine and got his FIDE rating a year later. Viswanathan Anand became the country’s first Grandmaster, in 1988.
20th April: UN Chinese Language Day
- UN Chinese Language Day is observed annually on April 20. The event was established by the UN Department of Public Information in 2010, seeking “to celebrate multilingualism and cultural diversity as well as to promote equal use of all six of its official working languages throughout the organization.
- Chinese people celebrate Guyu (which usually begins around April 20) in honour of Cangjie, because of a legend that when Cangjie invented Chinese characters, the deities and ghosts cried and it rained millet; the word “Guyu” literally means “rain of millet”.
Note: Different Language day
- Arabic-December 18,
- English-April 23,
- French-March 20,
- Russian-June 6,
- World Hindi day– 10 January
22 April- World Earth Day
- This day is observed every year on 22 April to mark the anniversary of the birth of the modern environmental movement in 1970. In the Universe Earth is the only planet where life is possible and so it is necessary to maintain this natural asset. World Earth Day is celebrated to increase awareness about the importance of the planet.
- Theme 2021: Restore Our Earth – ”focuses on natural processes and emerging green technologies that can restore the world’s ecosystems.
Former Olympian Indian football Ahmed Hussain passes away
- Former India international footballer Ahmed Hussain breathed his last at the age of 89 on April 16 in Bengaluru. The Olympian footballer had tested positive for COVID-19.
- Born in 1932, Hussain started his career with Hyderabad City Police. While playing for the club he was selected in the Indian squad which took part in the 1951 Asian Games held in New Delhi and won the gold.
- A defender, Hussain was also a part of the Indian Olympics football team that put on a fantastic show in Melbourne (1956) where they thrashed Australia 4-2 to eventually finish fourth in the tournament.
Padma Vibhushan awardee Islamic scholar Maulana Wahiduddin Khan passes away
- Renowned Indian Islamic scholar and peace activist Maulana Wahiduddin Khan Passed away. The National Citizens’ Award, presented by Mother Teresa and the Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award (2009) were also presented to him.
- He was awarded Padma Vibhushan, India’s second-highest civilian honour, in January of this year.
- The maulana was a recipient of the Demiurgus Peace International Award, that is given under the patronage of former Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev. He was also given India’s third-highest civilian honour, the Padma Bhushan, in January 2000.
Veteran actor Kishore Nandlaskar passes away
- Veteran actor Kishore Nandlaskar, who was a popular face in both Marathi and Hindi films, has passed away due to COVID-19 complications.
- The actor made his debut with Marathi film in 1982 titled ‘Navare Sagle Gadhav’ and went to act in movies like ‘Bhavishyachi Aishi Taishi: The Prediction’, ‘Gaon Thor Pudhari Chor’ and ‘Jara Japun Kara’.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|