Current Affairs 22nd April 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Rajasthan became 1st state to install L-Route server
- Rajasthan has become India’s first state to install an L-Route server to provide uninterrupted internet access.
- The new facility is installed at the Bhamashah State Data Centre in Rajasthan and is built in collaboration with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
- With flawless internet connectivity, the Rajasthan government will be able to provide its flagship digital services and enforce e-governance. It will help to increase the security and resilience of internet-based operations by strengthening the internet infrastructure.
- Rajasthan’s digital services include e-Mitra, Jan Aadhaar Yojana, Jan Kalyan Portal, Jan Soochna Portal, and a variety of mobile phone apps.
- Capital: Jaipur
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Chief Minister: Ashok Gehlot
Shivamogga airport, Karnataka will be named after BS Yediyurappa
- Karnataka State Cabinet headed by Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai gave nod to name the under-construction Shivamogga airport after the former CM Bookanakere Siddalingappa Yediyurappa, the proposal will now be sent to the Union Civil Aviation Ministry for further clearance.
- Shivamogga airport is being constructed at Sogane on the outskirts of Bengaluru. The estimated cost of airport construction is Rs 384 crore.
- The construction of Shivamogga Airport was begun in 2020 under UDAN (Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik) Scheme by the efforts of the Former CM B S Yediyurappa.
- The Airport will be ready for inauguration by December 2022, which consists of the second longest runway in the state measuring 3299 metres, the First being the Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru, Karnataka with 4000 metres.
Note: List of Some Important Renamed Place
- MP’s Bhopal Habibganj railway station: Rani Kamlapati railway station
- Indore’s Patalpani Railway Station: Tribal Icon Tantya Bhil railway station
- UP’s Jhansi Railway Station: ‘Veerangana Laxmibai Railway Station’
- Gujarat’s Kevadia railway station: Ekta Nagar railway station
- Hoshangabad City, MP: Narmadapuram
- Shivpuri, MP: “Kundeshwar Dham”
- Babai, MP: “Makhan Nagar”
1st Incredible India International Conference will be held in Mumbai
- Sarbananda Sonowal, Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways and AYUSH, has announced the First Conference of Incredible India International Cruise Conference 2022 will be held on May 14-15, 2022 organised by the Mumbai Port Authority.
- He also launched the event website www. iiicc2022. in, logo and mascot named ‘Captain Cruzo’. The iconic sea-cruise terminal coming up at BPX Indira Dock Mumbai International Cruise Terminal is expected to be commissioned by 2024.
Tripura signed MoU with NIXI-CSC to set up International Data Centre
- The Tripura government has signed an MoU with NIXI-CSC Data Services Centre, a joint venture of the National Internet Exchange of India NIXI and CSE e-governance services Ltd, to establish an international standard Data Centre at Indranagar, headquarters of IT Bhavan, Tripura.
- The data centre will function under the control of the NIXI-CSC Data Services Centre. The joint venture company will invest Rs 150 crore for setting up the Data Centre while the state government will provide only space.
- Capital: Agartala
- Chief Minister: Biplab Kumar Deb
- Governor: Satyadeo Narain Arya
India will give additional $500 million Fuel Aid to Sri Lanka
- India will provide an additional $500 million financial assistance to Sri Lanka to buy fuel as the latter is facing worst financial crisis.
- This will be the second $500 million India has provided in fuel credit to a Sri Lanka Government.
The first line of credit was used up earlier this month after a shipment of 120,000 tons of diesel and 40,000 tons of petrol. So far India has provided nearly 400,000 tons of fuel.
- India also extended two credit lines worth over $2 billion to help buy food, medicines and other essentials.
About Sri Lanka:
- Capital: Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Currency:Sri Lankan Rupee
- Prime Minister: Mahinda Rajapaksa
- President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
Banking and Financial
India Post Payments Bank launched “Fincluvation” for Fintech Start-Ups
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB), a 100% government-owned entity under the Department of Posts (DoP), has launched a joint initiative named Fincluvation, to collaborate with the Fintech Startup community to co-create and innovate solutions for financial inclusion.
- Start-ups will be invited to participate in this initiative, where they will be encouraged to ideate, develop, and market intuitive and customized products and services that can be delivered to customers.
- It was announced on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of Indian Independence and the ongoing Azadi ka Amrit Mahotasav.
- Ashwini Vaishnaw, Union Minister of Communications, has announced 3 crores of financial support to start-ups that are working on financial inclusion.
About India Post Payments Bank (IPPB):
- Founded: September 1, 2018, under the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communication
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- MD & CEO: J Venkatramu
- Tag line: Aapka Bank, Aapke Dwaar
Dhanlaxmi Bank signed MoU with CBDT, CBIC for direct and indirect tax collection
- Dhanlaxmi Bank has signed an MoU with the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) for collection of Direct Taxes and Indirect Taxes.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has authorized the Bank to collect various taxes, based on a recommendation by the Controller General of Accounts.
- As a result of this partnership, the customers of Dhanlaxmi Bank will be able to pay their direct taxes and GST payments & other indirect taxes through the branch network and digital platforms of the Bank.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had previously appointed Dhanlaxmi Bank as an “Agency Bank” to conduct general banking activity of the Central and State Governments on behalf of the RBI on October 4, 2021.
About Dhanlaxmi Bank:
- Headquarters: Thrissur, Kerala
- MD & CEO: Shivan J.K.
Appointment and Resignation
Ajay Kumar Sood appointed Principal Scientific Advisor to the government
- Eminent physicist Ajay Kumar Sood has been appointed as the principal scientific advisor (PSA) to the government of India.
- Sood, a member of the Science, Technology and Innovation Advisory Council to the prime minister, has been appointed to the post for a period of three years to succeed renowned biologist K Vijay Raghavan.
- The PSA’s office aims to provide pragmatic and objective advice to the prime minister and cabinet on matters related to science, technology and innovation with a focus on the application of science and technology in critical infrastructure, economic and social sectors in partnership with government departments, institutions and industry.
List of important heads of offices of India:
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG): Girish Chandra Murmu
- Controller General of Accounts: Sonali Singh
- Attorney General of India: K K Venugopal
- National Security Advisor: Ajit Doval
- Solicitor General of India: Tushar Mehta
- Central Vigilance Commissioner: Suresh N. Patel
- Chief Information Commissioner: Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha
Vivek Lall selected for the 6th Entrepreneur Leadership Award 2022
- Indian-American Defence Expert, Vivek Lall, Chief executive of General Atomics Global Corporation, has been selected for the ‘Global Leader in Defence and Aviation Sector’ category of the 6th Entrepreneur Leadership Awards 2022 by the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC).
- The award recognises his contribution to the defence sector. He has played a major role in enhancing defence trade in various capacities in Boeing, Lockheed Martin and now General Atomics.
- The award will be presented virtually during an awards ceremony on 22nd April 2022, in the presence of Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia (Chief Guest).
Babita Singh named as new Global Peace Ambassador 2022
- Serial Entrepreneur Babita Singh has been named as the Asia Africa Consortium (AAC) – Global Peace Ambassador 2022 for promoting Peace through Education, Sports, Art, Culture & Diplomacy at the India International Conclave 2022, organised in collaboration with AAC, on 16th April 2022 in Shangrila, New Delhi, Delhi.
- She was conferred with this honour for her exemplary contribution to her Peacebuilding initiatives via Sports and Culture.
- The award was conferred by H.E. Prof Dr Zahid Haque Ambassador At Large to Asian region from the Kingdom of Hawai’i and Secretary-General of World Sports Alliance (WSA).
- Babita is an Indian, born and raised in Nigeria. She is the most sought Digital strategist & Reputation Expert in Asia & Africa. She is a global business professional who has been in this business for around 20 years.
About Asia Africa Consortium (AAC):
- Founder: Dr Varun Gupta
- Headquarters: Delhi, India
Russia test-fired world’s ‘most powerful’ nuclear-capable Intercontinental Ballistic Missile “RS-28 SARMAT”
- Russia had test-launched a new nuclear-capable Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) namely ‘RS-28 Sarmat’ for the 1st time from Plesetsk in northwest Russia and hit targets in the Kamchatka peninsula, nearly 6,000 km (3,700 miles) away.
- It is also called ‘Satan 2’. It will replace the R-36M ICBM (SS-18 ‘Satan’) in Russia’s arsenal. The Sarmat ICBM has been developed at the Makeyev State Rocket Center (part of Roscosmos) and is manufactured at the Krasmash enterprise.
- It is the most powerful missile with the longest range of destruction of targets in the world. Weighing over 200 tonnes and able to transport multiple warheads, it can hit any target on Earth.
- Sarmat is a three-stage, liquid-fueled missile with a range of 18,000 km and a launch weight of 208.1 metric tons, to be exact. The missile is 35.3 meters long and 3 meters in
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Rouble
- President: Vladimir Putin
NATO conducted cyber defense exercises called Locked Shields in Estonia
- NATO’s large, multiday cyber defense exercise brought together technical experts from alliance countries and Ukraine nearly two months after Russia’s invasion.
- The annual cyber wargames, known as the Locked Shields exercise, started in Tallinn, Estonia.
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s Cooperative Cyber Defense Centre of Excellence organizes the event, which includes fictional cyberattack exercises that test teams have to fend off under time pressure.
About North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO):
- Founded:4 April 1949
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
- Secretary-General: Jens Stoltenberg
- Chairman of the NATO Military Committee: Admiral Rob Bauer
- Member countries: 30
Sarita Mor & Sushma Shokeen won bronze in Asian Wrestling Championships 2022
- Sarita Mor and Sushma Shokeen have won bronze medals for India at the Asian Wrestling Championships in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
- Sarita Mor (59kg) has won two group matches to finish third in the field of five grapplers. Sushma Shokeen (55 kg) has lost to Umi Imai of Japan and Otgonjargal Ganbaatar of Mongolia.
- Shokeen then defeated Altyn Shagayeva from Kazakhstan 5-0 and Uzbekistan’s Sarbinaz Jienbaeva 12-0 to finish third in the group of five.
Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah named among Wisden’s “Five Cricketers of the Year”
- Indian cricket team captain Rohit Sharma and Pacer Jasprit Bumrah have been named among the “Five Cricketers of the Year” of the Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack 2022.
- It is 159th edition of the most famous sports book in the world and published every year since 1864.
- Other three of the five players in Wisden’s ‘Cricketers of the Year’ in the 2022 edition of the Almanack are Ollie Robinson (England fast bowler), Dane van Niekerk (South African women’s player) and Devon Conway (New Zealand opener).
- Leading Cricketer in the World: Former England captain Joe Root
- Leading T20 Cricketer: Mohammad Rizwan (Pakistan)
- Leading Woman Cricketer in the World: Lizelle Lee (South Africa)
22 April: World Earth Day
- World Earth Day, also known as International Mother Earth Day, is celebrated every year on April 22 to spread awareness for Earth’s wellbeing and to encourage people to support environmental protection.
- The day focuses on the global climate crisis that is worsening with each passing day. Earth Day was renamed officially by the UN in 2009 as International Mother Earth Day.
- World Earth Day 2022 will mark the 52nd Anniversary of the day since it started being observed in 1970. Earth Day was first celebrated on April 22, 1970. This was when the peace activist John Mc Connell proposed to honour Mother Earth and the concept of peace during a UNESCO conference in San Francisco.
- Notably, World Earth Day was earlier decided to be celebrated on March 21, 1970, as the day one of spring in the Northern Hemisphere. Thereafter, US Senator Gaylord Nelson proposed to hold nationwide environmental enlightenment on April 22, 1970, which was later renamed ‘Earth Day.
- Theme 2022: ‘Invest in our planet’
Veteran filmmaker T Rama Rao passed away
- Well-known filmmaker Tatineni Rama Rao, who made successful films in Telugu and Hindi with veteran actors like N T Rama Rao, Rajinikanth and Amitabh Bachchan, passed away in Chennai. He was 84.
- Popularly known as T Rama Rao, the departed filmmaker scripted successes with social themes in a career spanning about four decades.
- His famous Hindi movies includes Andhaa Kaanoon, Khatron ke Khiladi and Judaai etc.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs