Current Affairs 22nd August 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
India’s first portal on arrested narco offenders NIDAAN gets operational
- The first-of-its-kind database of arrested narcotics offenders has been made operational for use by various central and state prosecution agencies.
- The portal NIDAAN or the National Integrated Database on Arrested Narco offenders has been developed by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).
- It is part of the narcotics coordination mechanism (NCORD) portal that was launched by Union Home Minister Amit Shah in Chandigarh during the national conference on ‘Drug trafficking and national security.
- NIDAAN is a one-stop solution for all narcotics offenders’ related data and will help investigative agencies as an effective tool to connect the dots while probing narcotics cases.
- OBICUS- Order Books, Inventories and Capacity utilization Survey
- TiHAN- Technology Innovation Hub on Autonomous Navigation
- NCAP – New Car Assessment Program
- DAVINCI- Deep Atmosphere Venus investigation of noble gases, Chemistry and Imaging Mission
- CAPSTONE- Cislunar Autonomous Positioning System technology operations and Navigation Experiment
- RAMP- Raising and Accelerating MSME Performance
- PACS- Primary Agricultural Credit Society
- POEM- PSPV Orbital Experimental Module
- PADMA- Pay Roll Automation for Disbursement of Monthly Allowances
- SRESHTHA-G – System Reforms endeavour for transformed health achievement
- SHRESHTA- Scheme for Residential Education for Student in High school in Targeted Areas
CPRI signed an MoU with Chhattisgarh Government to set up a regional testing lab
- The Central Power Research Institute (CPRI) has signed an MoU with the Chhattisgarh Government for setting up a regional testing laboratory in the Raipur district.
- As per the agreement, this lab will have test facilities for transformers, energy meters, transformer oil & other electricity-related equipment.
- CPRI is an autonomous body under the Power Ministry.
- Founded – 1960
- Headquarters – Bangalore, Karnataka
- Capital – Raipur
- Chief Minister – Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor – Anusuiya Uikey
- Thai Public Broadcasting Service signed an MoU with Prasar Bharati
- Odisha Government signed an MoU with NIOT for protecting coastline
- Andhra Pradesh govt signed an MoU with NISG for integrated land management system
- Andaman Nicobar Command signed an MoU with AAI to boost inter-island connectivity under Udaan Scheme in Port Blair.
- Rajasthan signed an MoU with Telangana to set up women’s bank
- Telangana government partnered with UNDP for Data in Climate Resilient Agriculture (DiCRA)
- The Telangana government has joined hands with the United Nations Development
Scotland museum signed an agreement with the Indian government to return seven ancient artefacts to India
- Museums in the Scottish city of Glasgow has signed an agreement with the Indian government to repatriate seven stolen artefacts to India.
- Six of the items include several 14th Century carvings and 11th Century stone door jams. They were stolen from shrines and temples in the 19th Century.
- The seventh object is a ceremonial sword and was stolen in 1905 from the collection of the Nizam of Hyderabad by his prime minister.
- Capital – Edinburgh
- Currency – Pound sterling
- India signed an MoU with UK for Mutual Recognition of Educational Qualification
- India and Maldives signed an MoU for judicial cooperation to accelerate court digitization.
- India signed an MoU with Namibia for wildlife conservation
- ReNew signed an MoU with Egypt government to set up green hydrogen plant in Egypt
- Indian and Malaysian bodies signed an MoU to promote palm oil
Assam CM launched ‘Vidya Rath – School on Wheels’ project
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has launched the ‘Vidya Rath -School on Wheels’ project.
- This project aims at providing economically challenged underprivileged children access to elementary education for a period of 10 months.
- After 10 months they will be integrated into the conventional education system.
- Students will be provided free mid-day meals, uniforms & textbooks under the project.
- Capital – Dispur
- Chief Minister –Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor – Prof Jagdish Mukhi
Recent Scheme of Assam
- Ayushman CAPF scheme
- Uttaran scheme
- Dhanwantari Scheme
- Arundhati scheme
- Aponar Apon Ghar Scheme
- Abhinandan Scheme
- Pragyan Bharti
- Bhasha Gourab
- Sneha Sparsha Scheme
- Orunodoi Scheme
- Atal Amrit Abhiyan Health Insurance Scheme
- Silpi Sambardhana
- Gyan Deepika Scheme
- Assam Deen Dayal Divyangjan Sahajya Scheme
India’s first indigenous monkeypox test kit launched
- The first indigenously-developed RT-PCR kit for testing monkeypox was launched at the Andhra Pradesh Medtech Zone (AMTZ).
- Developed by Transasia Bio-Medicals, the kit was unveiled by Principal Scientific Adviser to the Centre Ajay Kumar Sood.
- The Transasia-Erba monkeypox RT-PCR kit is highly sensitive, but an easy-to-use test with a uniquely formulated primer and probe for enhanced accuracy.
- India has launched the first indigenously-developed RT-PCR kit for testing monkeypox disease.
- India so far has reported ten cases of monkeypox.
Jharkhand becomes first state in the country to distribute Seed to Farmers via Blockchain Tech
- Jharkhand is 1st state to implement blockchain in the country which is being used to track seed distribution.
- Jharkhand government, in collaboration with the tech company SettleMint, has launched seed distribution to farmers based on blockchain technology.
- Objective – To enable the distribution of seeds and other schemes in a transparent manner.
- Capital – Ranchi
- Chief Minister – Hemant Soren
- Governor – Ramesh Bais
Chandigarh airport to be named after Bhagat Singh
- The Punjab and Haryana governments have agreed to name the Chandigarh International Airport in Mohali after Shaheed Bhagat Singh.
- The decision was taken during a meeting between Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann & Haryana deputy CM Dushyant Chautala.
- The Rs 485-crore airport project is a joint venture of the Airports Authority of India (AAI), the governments of Punjab and Haryana.
- The Punjab government in 2017 had demanded that the airport should be named as “Shaheed-e-Azam Sardar Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport, Mohali”.
- In 2016, the Haryana Assembly unanimously passed a resolution to name Chandigarh airport after Bhagat Singh.
- The Punjab government has already declared a state holiday on March 23, the martyrdom day of legendary freedom fighter Bhagat Singh.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Chief Minister – Bhagwant Mann
- Governor – Banwarilal Purohit
List of some important renamed
- Agartala Airport- Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport
- Airport in Ayodhya – Maryada Purshottam Shriram Airport.
- Habibganj railway station, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh- Rani Kamalapati railway station
- Faizabad Junction Railway Station, Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh – Ayodhya Cantt.
- Rajasthan’s ‘Miyan ka Bada’ Railway Station – ‘Mahesh Nagar Halt’
- Allahabad Junction, Uttar Pradesh – Prayagraj Junction
- Mughalsarai Railway Junction, Uttar Pradesh – Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction Railway Station
- Jhansi Railway Station, Uttar Pradesh – Veerangana Lakshmibai Railway Station
- Manduadih Station, Uttar Pradesh– Banaras Station
- Hubli Railway Station, Karnataka- Siddharoodha Swamiji Railway Station
- Naugarh Railway Station, Uttar Pradesh– Siddharthnagar railway station
- Patalpani Railway Station, Indore: Tantya Bhil railway station
- Kevadia railway station, Gujarat: Ekta Nagar railway station
Union government awarded Gl tag to Mithila Makhana
- The Union government has awarded Geographical Indication (GI) tag to Mithila Makhana.
- With this move, growers will get the maximum price for their premium produce.
- Over five lakh farmers of Mithila region of Bihar will be benefitted from this decision.
- Once a product gets the Gl tag, any person or company cannot sell a similar item under that name.
- It remains valid for a period of 10 years.
List of recent GI Tag
- Pathama Dai Mat -Tamil Nadu
- Marayoor Jaggerry – Kerala
- Tirur Supari – Kerala
- Arcanut (Sirsi Supadi) – Karnataka
- TavlohoPuan – Mizoram
- Green and White Tea – Darjeeling
- Srivilliputtur Palkova – Channai
- Moira bananas, Harmal Chillies, Khaje – Goa
- Tezpur Litchi – Assam
- Judima wine – Assam
- Sojat Mehndi – Rajasthan
- Mihidana Sweet – West Bengal
- Sweet cucumber – Nagaland
- Alibaug white onion- Maharashtra
- Wada Kolam Rice or Zhini- Palghar district, Maharashtra
- Karuppur kalamkari paintings and Kallakurichi wood carvings– Tamil Nadu
- Narasingapettai Nagaswaram – Tamil Nadu
65th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference to be held in Canada
- An Indian Parliamentary delegation led by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla will be attending the 65th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference (CPA) at Halifax in Canada.
- This conference is scheduled to be held from 20-26 August 2022.
- The Conference will also be attended by 23 Presiding Officers and 16 Secretaries from State Legislatures from India who are also members of CPA.
- Capital – Ottawa
- Currency – Dollar
- President – Justin Trudeau
Vijay Shekhar Sharma reappointed as MD and CEO of Paytm
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma has been reappointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the financial services platform Paytm.
- One97 Communications Limited (OCL) owns the brand Paytm which is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company and the pioneer of QR and mobile payments.
- The Paytm company was founded by Vijay Shekhar Sharma in 2010
- Founded – August 2010
- Headquarters – Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Owner – One97 Communications Ltd.
- Founder(s) – Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- DCGI chief – VG Somani (for 3 months)
- MD of NaBFID – Rajkiran Rai
- Deputy President of FIDE – Viswanathan Anand
- First woman Director General of CSIR – Nallathamby Kalaiselvi
- MD & CEO of Unity SF Bank – Inderjit Camotra
Book and Author
Netanyahu’s autobiography ‘Bibi: My Story’ to be out in November 2022
- Former Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu’s memoir will be coming in November 2022.
- It is titled “Bibi: My Story”
- The book will range from Netanyahu’s early years to his singular perspective on the geopolitics of the Middle East and his negotiations with Presidents Clinton, Obama, and Trump to secure the future of his country.
- Capital – Jerusalem
- Currency – Sheqel
- President – Isaac Herzog
- Prime Minister – Yair Lapid
- Field Guide, Birds of India – published by ZSI
- Dilip Kumar: In the Shadow of a Legend – Faisal Farooqui
- Beyond The Misty Veil, Temple Tales of Uttarakhand’ book released – Aradhana Johri
- The McMahon line- A century of discord – former Chief of Army Staff General JJ Singh (Retd).
- The Winning Formula for Success – Vinit Karnik
- Fearless Governance – Dr Kiran Bedi
- Bhartiya Samvidhan Ankani Kahani – Ram Bahadur Rai
- The Life and Times of Georeg Fernandes – Rahul Ramgundan
- The Struggle for Police Reforms in India- Ruler’s Police to People’s Police – Prakash Singh
- A Place Called Home – Preeti Shenoy
- Tomb of Sand – Geetanjali Shree
- Listen to Your Heart- The London Adventure – Ruskin Bond
- Shuttling to the Top- The Story of P.V. Sindhu – V. Krishnaswamy
- Leaders, Politicians, Citizens – Rasheed Kidwa
R Praggnanandhaa defeated world chess champion Magnus Carlsen in FTX Crypto Cup
- 17-year-old Indian chess master Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa defeated world champion Magnus Carlsen in the FTX Crypto Cup in Miami, an international chess Championships.
- Praggnanandhaa defeated Magnus Carlsen for the third time in a year.
- Praggnanandhaa earned his first victory against the world champion, when he was 16 in the eighth round of the Airthings Masters, an online rapid chess tournament last February.
- His second victory against Carlsen came on May 20, when he stunned the Norwegian champion at the Chessable Masters online rapid chess tournament.
GRAND MASTERS OF INDIA (Chess)
- 74th – Rahul Shrivastava P (Telangana)
- 73rd – Bharath Subramanian (Tamil NAdu)
- 72nd – Mitrabha Guha (West Bengal)
- 71st – Sankalp Gupta (Maharstra)
- 70th – Raja Ritwik (Telangana)
20 August 2022 – 78th birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi
- 20 August 2022 marked the 78th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
- Rajiv Gandhi was the 6th Prime Minister of India, serving from 1984 to 1989.
- He became the youngest PM of India at the age of 40.
- While campaigning for the elections, he was assassinated by a suicide bomber in 1991.
- Sadbhavna Diwas was instituted after the death of Rajiv Gandhi in 1992, by Congress. Sadbhavna Diwas promotes peace, harmony, empathy, and unity among all citizens of India.
- In 1991, the Indian government posthumously awarded him the Bharat Ratna
19 August 2022 – 104th birth anniversary of Dr. Shanker Dayal Sharma
- 19 August 2022 marked the 104th birth anniversary of former President Dr. Shanker Dayal Sharma.
- He was the 9th President of India who served between 1992-1997.
- From 1974, he served in the union cabinet as the Minister for Communications 1974 to 1977.
- He passed away on 26 December 1999.
20 August – Akshay Urja Diwas
- Akshay Urja Diwas or the Renewable Energy Day is observed on every year on August 20.
- Objective – To raises awareness about the developments related to the adoption of renewable energy in India.
- The day also marks the birth anniversary of late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
- The day was established in 2004 with the goal of supporting renewable energy development programs and promoting their usage instead of using traditional sources of energy.
- The first event of 2004 was organized in New Delhi.
Former Olympic football captain Samar ‘Badru’ Banerjee passed away
- Former India football team captain Samar ‘Badru’ Banerjee, who led the country to a historic fourth-place finish in the 1956 Melbourne Olympics, has passed away recently.
- He was 92.
- He was bestowed with the Mohun Bagan Ratna in 2009.
- Banerjee has also won the Santosh Trophy twice as a player in 1953 & 1955 and once as a coach in 1962.
Former Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibtey Razi passed away
- Former Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibtey Razi has passed away.
- He served as the Governor of Jharkhand from the year 2004- 2009.
- Razi was associated with Congress. He was a member of the Rajya Sabha thrice. Later he was made the Governor of Jharkhand and Assam.
- Razi started his political career in 1969.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs