Current Affairs 22nd February 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
India’s 1st Biosafety Level-3 containment mobile laboratory launched in Maharashtra
- Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, Bharati Pravin Pawar has inaugurated India’s first Biosafety level-3 containment mobile laboratory in Nashik, Maharashtra.
- The mobile laboratory will help to investigate newly emerging and re-emerging viral infections, by specially trained scientists from ICMR. The newly launched lab will be able to access remote and forested areas of the country, to investigate outbreaks using samples from humans and animal sources.
- ICMR and Klenzaids joined hands to design and build India’s first Mobile BSL-3 enhanced laboratory. Built at a cost of about ₹25 crores, the BSL-3 enhanced laboratory is a self-sufficient unit, which has every system and equipment essential for full standalone operation.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
Khajuraho Dance Festival began in Madhya Pradesh
- The Madhya Pradesh Kala Parishad organizes the Khajuraho Dance Festival, a one-week classical dance festival held annually beside the Khajuraho temples located in the Chhatarpur district of Madhya Pradesh.
- This festival takes place from 20th to 26th February 2022. With performances by some of the top practitioners in the field, this festival celebrates the diversity of Indian classical dance genres such as Bharathanatyam, Kathak, Kuchipudi, Odissi, Kathakali, and Manipuri. Recently, modern Indian dance has been included.
- This year’s Khajuraho Dance Festival is the 48th edition of this festival. In this festival, the Madhya Pradesh State Rupankar Kala Award and National Kalidas Award for dance will be presented to the various artists.
Popular Festivals of Madhya Pradesh:
- Namaste Orchha
Assam became 1st state to launch Night Navigation Mobile App in rivers
- Chief Minister of Assam, Himanta Biswa Sarma launched India’s first Night Navigation mobile application for ferry services on the Brahmaputra River in Guwahati, Assam.
- It was developed by the State Transport Department in association with K Raju, the principal scientist of IIT Madras.
- The first night journey of the IWT (Inland Water Transport) ferry between Guwahati and North Guwahati was started on 19 February 2022.
- The CM also launched ten Aadhar-based contactless services of the State Transport Department to make public service delivery time-efficient and budget-friendly. The CM also launched an e-ticketing system for Dhubri and Silchar ferry services.
- An MoU was also signed between the Common Service Centres (CSCs) under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the State Transport Department to provide online services at the panchayat level.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor: Jagadish Mukhi
PM Modi inaugurated ‘Kisan Drone Yatra’ and flagged off 100 ‘Kisan Drones’ to spray pesticides on farms
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the ‘Kisan Drone Yatra’, an initiative by Garuda Aerospace Pvt Ltd and flagged off 100 ‘Kisan Drones’ in various cities and towns across India to spray pesticides in farms across the states of India.
- This is a special initiative aimed to support the farmers across India. The 100 Kisan Drones were set off in 100 villages in 16 states across India which includes Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Goa.
- The farmers can use the high capacity Kisan drones to transport their produce such as fruits, vegetables and flowers to markets in a minimal time and boost their income.
About Garuda Aerospace Pvt Ltd:
- Headquarter: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Founder and CEO: Agnishwar Jayaprakash
Kerala Startup Mission partnered with Google for Startups to foster global links
- During the ‘Huddle Global 2022’, Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) collaborated with Google to launch Google for Startups Accelerator, India to attach native startups with the worldwide startups and to leverage Google’s programme which comprises mentorship and coaching of startup groups to assist scale-up their options.
- The third edition of the 2 days ‘Huddle Global 2022’ organised by KSUM was inaugurated by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan. Paul Ravindranath will head Google for Startups Accelerator, India.
- The initiative will join KSUM to an elite group of the world’s prime accelerators, permitting it to share info and leverage assets, it mentioned. With this collaboration, India will become a part of a rising community of prime, unbiased accelerators throughout Latin America, Africa, Europe, and Asia.
- Founded: 4 September 1998
- Headquarters: California, United States
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
Deloitte 2022 CxO Sustainability Report: Indian businesses ranked 5th
- As per the ‘Deloitte 2022 CxO Sustainability Report: The DisconnectBetween Ambition and Impact’, Indian businesses rank 5th in their concern for climate change.
- According to the report, 80 per cent of Indian executives see the world at a tipping point for responding to climate change compared with just 53 per cent eight months ago.
- The report was released by Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL). DTTL is also known as Deloitte Global. The Deloitte survey, done across 21 countries during September-October 2021, has found a higher number of top-level executives in India responding to the issue of climate change compared to the survey conducted in January-February 2021.
List of India’s Rank in Different Index 2021-22
- Hurun’s Global Unicorn Index 2021: 3rd; US topped
- “2019 Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs) Report: 3rd; Russia topped
- Henley Passport index 2022: 83; Japan & Singapore topped
- 2021 Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI): 85th, Denmark, Finland, New Zealand topped
- EIU’s Democracy Index 2021: 46th; Norway topped
- 9th USGBC top 10 ranking of Countries outside of US for LEED in 2021: 3rd; China topped
Russian President Putin divided Ukraine into 3 countries
- Russian President Vladimir Putin on February 21, 2022, recognised the independence of separatist regions in eastern Ukraine – Donetsk and Luhansk.
- Putin’s announcement paved the way for Russia to openly send troops and weapons to the long-running conflict pitting Ukrainian forces against Moscow-backed rebels.
- Russian-backed rebels have been fighting Ukrainian troops in Donetsk and Luhansk since 2014, with regular violence despite a ceasefire agreement.
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Rouble
- President: Vladimir Putin
Banking and Financial
Alternative Investment Policy Advisory Committee reconstituted by SEBI; chaired by NR Narayana Murthy
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has reconstituted its Alternative Investment Policy Advisory Committee (AIPAC), which has now 20 members and will be chaired by Infosys co-founder Nagavara Ramarao Narayana Murthy.
- The committee advises SEBI on a range of issues that impact further development of the Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) industry, and startup ecosystem in India. It also advises SEBI on issues that need to be taken up with other regulators for the development of the AIF.
- It will advise SEBI on any hurdles that might hinder the development of the alternative investment industry under its purview.
- Constituted by SEBI in 2015 with 22 members, the panel has submitted three reports on the AIF.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Ministry of Home Affairs constituted a committee to enquire into the serious lapses in the security arrangements during PM Modi’s visit to Punjab: Sudhir Kumar Saxena
- SC appointed a high-level committee to investigate PM’s security breach in Punjab: Indu Malhotra
- SEBI restructured High-Power Advisory Committee on Settlement Orders and Compounding of Offences: Jai Narayan Patel (previously headed by Vijay C Daga)
- SEBI restructured Advisory Committee on Investor Protection and Education Fund: G Mahalingam (earlier headed by Abraham Koshy)
- Centre constituted Ken-Betwa link Project Authority, and 20-member National Steering Committee: Pankaj Kumar
Appointment and Resignation
Centre nominated Sanjay Malhotra as a Director of Central Board of RBI
- The Centre has nominated Sanjay Malhotra, a 1990 batch IAS officer of Rajasthan cadre, the Secretary of the Department of Financial Services (DFS), under the Ministry of Finance, as the Director of the Central Board of Reserve Bank of India with effect from 16th February 2022 and until further orders.
- He has also been nominated as the Director on the central board of directors of State Bank of India (SBI), with immediate effect and until further order.
- He has served as the Chairman & Managing Director of REC Limited (formerly Rural Electrification Corporation Limited).
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
Tanishka Kotia & Riddhika Kotia appointed as ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ Brand Ambassadors of Gurugram
- International Chess Player woman FIDE Masters, Tanishka Kotiaand her sister Riddhika Kotia are appointed as Brand Ambassadors of ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme for the Gurugram District of Haryana.
- Tanishka Kotia won the Limca Book of Records for being the youngest chess player in 2008. They belong to the Haryana state. Tanishka Kotia ranks 2nd in the country in the under-16 category, World Chess Federation rankings released in 2019.
- She won a gold medal at the ASEAN Chess Championship in 2013 and silver at the Commonwealth Chess Championship In 2014 in Scotland. Riddhika Kotia represented India at several prestigious international events, including the World Junior Chess Championship 2020.
About ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme:
- Launched:2015 (Panipat, Haryana)
- Ministries included: Ministries of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, and Ministry of Education.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- GoodDot: Neeraj Chopra
- Games24x7’s ‘RummyCircle’: Hrithik Roshan
- Uttarakhand: Akshay Kumar
- Bata India: Disha Patani
- MediBuddy: Amitabh Bachchan
- Brand Ambassador and investor of Krishi Network: Pankaj Tripathi
- Gaming app A23: Shah Rukh Khan
- Khadi & handicrafts of Bihar: Manoj Tiwari
- Adidas: Manika Batra
Sudha Raghunathan appointed as member of Central Advisory Board on Culture
- Sudha Ragunathan has been appointed as a member of the Central Advisory Board on Culture (CABC) by the Ministry of Culture.
- CABC was established to provide policy advice to the Ministry of Culture on developing programmes.
- It is presided over by the Minister of Culture of the Government of India. CABC’s member provide policy advice, along with aiding participative decision-making and provide an integrated view of the different ideas and interests from various domains of culture.
India & Oman conducted Eastern Bridge-VI exercise in Jodhpur from Feb 21-25
- Indian Air Force (IAF) and Royal Air Force of Oman (RAFO) have organized a bilateral air exercise titled ‘Eastern Bridge-VI’ at Air Force Station Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
- It is being held from 21st to 25th February 2022. It will provide an opportunity to enhance operational capability and interoperability between the two Air Forces. It was held for the first time in
Exercises Between India and Oman:
- Naseem Al-Bahr (Navy)
- AL Nagah (Army)
- Eastern Bridge (Air Force)
Winter Olympics Games 2022 concluded; Norway topped the medal tally
- The closing ceremony of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympic Games was held on February 20, 2022, at National Stadium (known as the Bird’s Nest) in Beijing.
- The 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China, was held from 4 to 20 February 2022. The Games featured a record 109 events across 15 disciplines in 7 sports. The venues of the Games were distributed across three zones- Beijing, Yanqing and Zhangjiakou.
- Norway has topped the medal table for the second successive Winter Olympics, winning a total of 37 medals, including 16 golds. This is a new record for the most amount of gold medals won at a single Winter Olympics.
- Germany finished second with 27 medals overall, while the host nation China finished third with 15 medals.
- The Indian team at the game was represented by one male alpine skier, Arif Khan. He was the country’s flagbearer during the opening ceremony, meanwhile, a volunteer was the flagbearer during the closing ceremony. India could not win any medal at the games.
- The Presidency of the Games was formally handed over to Milan and Cortina d’Ampezzo, in Italy, to host the 2026 Winter Olympics.
16-year-old R Praggnanandhaa defeated world No. 1 Magnus Carlsen at Airthings Masters
- 16-year-old Indian Grandmaster R Praggnanandhaa has defeated world champion, Magnus Carlsen of Norway in the eighth round of Airthings Masters rapid online Chess competition.
- Prior to this, Indian registered a solitary win versus Levon Aronian along with recording 2 draws and 4 defeats. He has become 3rd Indian to beat Carlsen after Viswanathan Anand and P Harikrishna.
- Airthings Masters rapid online Chess competition is a 16-player online rapid chess tournament.
22 February: World Thinking Day & World Scout Day
- Every year on February 22, World Scout Day is observed. This day is also observed as World Thinking Day (celebrated annually on 22 February) by Boy Scouts and Girl Guides / Girl Scouts, and the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) worldwide.
- The day is observed to think about fellow brothers and sisters around the world, address their concerns and understand the true meaning of guiding.
- Back in 1926 at the fourth girl scout international conference, it was decided by the delegates that “thinking day” would be celebrated on 22 February, the birthday of both Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the Boy Scout movement, and Lady Olave Baden-Powell, his wife and the World Chief Guide.
- In 1999, at the 30th World Conference, held in Ireland, the name was changed from “Thinking Day” to “World Thinking Day”, to emphasize the global aspect of this special day.
- World Thinking Day Theme 2022: Our World: Our Equal Future: The Environment and Gender Equality
Andhra Pradesh Industries Minister Mekapati Goutham Reddy passed away
- Andhra Pradesh Industries Minister Mekapati Goutham Reddy passed away in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- He returned to India from Dubai Expo recently. He was a two-time MLA from the Atmakur Assembly constituency in the Nellore district in Andhra Pradesh.
- He was the Minister for Industries, Commerce, and Information Technology in Andhra Pradesh Government.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs