Current Affairs 22nd June 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
MoHUA launched NIPUN Program to train over 1 lakh Nirman Workers
- Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Hardeep Singh Puri has launched an initiative for skill training of construction workers called NIPUN.
- NIPUN refers to National Initiative for Promoting of Upskilling Nirman Workers
- Objective – To train over one lakh construction workers, through fresh skilling and upskilling programmes.
- The NIPUN Project will enable the construction workers to seek better job opportunities, increase their wages and even pursue overseas placements.
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) will be the Implementation Partner for the project NIPUN.
- It will provide trainees with ‘Kaushal Bima’, a three-year accidental insurance with coverage of INR 2 lakhs, digital skills.
About National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC):
- Founded: 2008
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Chairman: A M Naik
Tribal Minister Bishweswar Tudu inaugurated 13th Krishi Fair and 20th Folk Fair in Odisha
- Minister of State for Trial Affairs and Jal Shakti Bishweswar Tudu has inaugurated the 13th Krishi Fair & 20th Folk Fair 2022 at Saradhabali in Puri, Odisha.
- The Minister has also extended all support of the government for upliftment of tribes in the state.
- Objective – At preserving tribal culture and promoting innovation in agriculture.
- The 13th Krishi Fair is a platform for all organizations and companies with innovations, products, solutions and services related to agriculture.
- Capital- Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister- Naveen Patnaik
- Governor- Ganeshi Lal
- Adivasi Mela – Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Assam became the 36th State to implement ‘One Nation One Ration Card’
- Assam becomes the 36th State to implement ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ (ONORC) Scheme.
- ONORC is aimed at enabling migrant workers to seamlessly lift their entitled subsidized food grains from any fair price shop of their choice anywhere in the country.
- The ONORC plan successfully implemented in all 36 States/UTs, making food security portable throughout the country.
- One Nation-One Ration Card scheme of the Government of India has been launched in four states on pilot basis on August 1, 2019.
- Chhattisgarh becomes the 35th state/UT to implement the One Nation One Ration Card scheme.
- Capital – Dispur
- Chief Minister – Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor – Prof. Jagdish Mukhi
Coursera Global Skill Report 2022 released: India ranked 68th; Switzerland topped
- Coursera’s Global Skills Report (GSR) 2022 has released India’s overall skills proficiency has slipped four places to be ranked at the 68th position
- In Asia, India stands at the 19th position.
- Switzerland had the highest-skilled learners followed by Denmark, Indonesia, and Belgium.
- According to the GSR, West Bengal leads the Indian states in terms of skills proficiency.
- Andhra Pradesh is one of the top three performing states with high proficiency in business and technology skills.
List of India’s Rank in Different Index 2021-22
- World Press Freedom Index 2022: India ranked 150th; Norway topped
- World Air Power Index 2022: IAF ranked 3rd
- WEF’s Travel and Tourism Development Index 2021: 54th
- Global Environmental Performance Index 2022: 180th; Denmark topped
- IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2022: 37th; Denmark topped
Apollo Hospital signed an agreement with Imperial Hospital of Bangladesh
- Apollo Hospital signed an agreement with Imperial Hospital of Bangladesh to operate and manage the latter’s 375 bedded multi-specialty tertiary care hospital in Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- The state-of-the-art facility in Chittagong was built with the support of the World Bank and will be renamed as Apollo Imperial Hospital.
- Apollo will also manage daily operations, clinical services delivery.
- Capital – Dhaka
- Currency – Taka
- President – Abdul Hamid
- Prime Minister – Sheikh Hasina
Australia provided financial support to Sri Lanka for USD 50 million
- Australia has announced to provide USD 50 million support to Sri Lanka for meet urgent food and health care.
- Australia will provide 22 million dollars to the World Food Programme (WEP) for emergency food assistance to meet their daily nutritional needs and 23 million dollars in development assistance to Sri Lanka in 2022-23
- At present, Sri Lanka is facing its worst economic crisis in 70 years, which leads to food short, medicine and fuel.
About Sri Lanka:
- Legislative Capital – Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Commercial Capital – Colombo
- Currency – Sri Lankan Rupees
- Prime Minister – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- President – Gotabaya Rajapaksa
Health Minister addressed inaugural session at the G20 Health Ministers in Indonesia
- Union Health and Family Welfare Minister, Dr Mansukh Mandaviya has virtually addressed the inaugural session at the G20 Health Ministers meeting at Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- Priority issues – Harmonizing Global Health Protocol Standard and Building Global Health System Resilience.
- India has pledged to end TB by 2025 (Five Years ahead of the global SDG target of 2030)
- Capital – Jakarta
- New Capital – Nusantara
- Currency – Rupiah
- President – Joko Widodo
Banking and Financial
ONDC joined hands with NABARD to activate e-commerce in agri tech
- Open Network for Digital Commerce has joined hands with National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) to activate e-commerce in the agricultural sector.
- ONDC and NABARD have come together to host the NABARD ONDC Grand Challenge to establish market linkages for the enabled players with market ready Farmers Producers Organizations.
- Objective – To promote development of innovative solutions that are likely to aid adoption of e-commerce in the agricultural sector.
About National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
- Founded – 12 July 1982
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman – Govinda Rajulu Chintala
- NABARD established on the recommendations of B. Sivaramman Committee.
Appointment and Resignation
Ruchira Kamboj appointed as India’s Permanent Representative to United Nations
- Senior Diplomat Ruchira Kamboj has been appointed as the Ambassador and Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations.
- She will succeed TS Murthi as the Indian ambassador to the United Nations.
- She is a 1987 batch Indian Foreign Service officer.
- Presently serving as ambassador of India to Bhutan.
About United Nations (UN)
- Founded – 24 October 1945
- Headquarters – New York, US
- Official languages – Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian & Spanish
- Membership – 193 member states & 2 observer states
- 1st Secretary General – Trygve Halvdan Lie ( Norway)
- 9th Secretary‑General – António Guterres (Portugal)
- Deputy Secretary-General – Amina J. Mohammed (Nigeria)
NDB appointed DJ Pandian to head its India Regional Office in GIFT City
- New Development Bank (NDB) of the BRICS countries has appointed D.J. Pandian as the Director General of its India Regional Office in Gujarat International Finance Tech-City (GIFT City).
- Pandian earlier served as the Vice President and Chief Investment Bank the Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).
About New Development Bank (NDB)
- Founded – 2015
- Headquarters – Shanghai, China
- Membership (9) – Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa, Bangladesh, UAE, Uruguay & Egypt.
- President – Marcos Troyjo (Brazil)
- Vice President – Anil Kishora (Indian)
Lisa Sthalekar becomes the first woman president of FICA
- Legendary Australian Cricketer Lisa Sthalekar has become the first woman president of the Federation of International Cricketers’ Association (FICA).
- She was confirmed in the role at the FICA Executive Committee meeting held in Nyon, Switzerland.
- Sthalekar played 8 Tests, 125 ODIs, and 54 T20s for Australia between 2001 and 2013, finishing her career with a World Cup win.
- She was the first woman to score 1000 runs and take 100 wickets in ODI Cricket.
Indian Coast Guard inducts new Advanced Light Helicopter Squadron 840 CG
- The Eastern Region of Indian Coast Guard has inducted the indigenously designed and developed Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) Mark III, the first aircraft of the newly created 840 Squadron.
- The new squadron will be stationed at the headquarters of the Eastern Region of the Coast Guard, Chennai.
- Three more ALHs will be added to the inventory of ‘840 Squadron’ shortly.
- The aircraft additionally is equipped to carry out target neutralization, bringing to use its mounted heavy machine gun.
About Indian Coast Guard (ICG)
- Founded: 1977
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- 24th Director General: Virender Singh Pathania
Union Minister Jitendra Singh inaugurated the Seismology Observatory in Udhampur
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated the Seismology Observatory in the Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
- This is the third such centre that has been set up in Jammu and Kashmir by the Ministry of Earth Sciences at a cost of 20 lakh rupees.
- 152 Earthquake observatories are being established by the central government including three more in the Kashmir division in the next four months.
About Jammu and Kashmir
- Capital – Srinagar (Summer), Jammu (Winter)
- Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir – Manoj Sinha
21 June – World Music Day
- World Music Day is celebrated every year on June 21.
- On June 21, World Music Day, also known as the Fete de la Musique in French, is then observed.
- Fête de la Musique was held in Paris in 1982 to commemorate World Music Day.
- The day gives respect to the art form of music that binds people across culture, region, language and religion.
- Theme 2022 – Music on the intersections
21 June – World Hydrography Day
- Every year on June 21, World Hydrography Day is celebrated.
- It was adopted by the International Hydrographic Organization as an annual celebration to publicise the work of hydrographers and the importance of hydrography.
- The day was first observed in 2005.
- Theme 2022 – Hydrography –Contributing to the United Nations Ocean Decade.
21 June – International Day of the Celebration of the Solstice
- International Day of the Celebration of the Solstice is observed globally on 21 June.
- Objective – To create awareness about the importance and significance of the solstice in various religions and ethnic cultures across the globe.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs