Current Affairs 22nd March 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Nagaland became first paperless assembly by implementing e-Vidhan application
- Nagaland created history by becoming the first State Assembly in the country to implement the National e-Vidhan Application (NeVA) programme to become completely paperless.
- The Nagaland Assembly Secretariat has attached a tablet or e-book on each table for the 60 members. Now members can use electronic devices to participate in House proceedings.
- NeVA is a workflow system deployed on NIC Cloud, MeghRaj which will help the Chair of the House to conduct the proceedings of the House smoothly in a paperless manner.
- Capital: Kohima
- Chief Minister: Neiphiu Rio
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi (additional charge)
Tamil Nadu’s handmade Narasingapettai Nagaswaram got geographical identification tag
- Geographical Indication tag has been awarded to the Narasingapettai Nagaswaram under the category of musical instruments of class 15.
- Narasinghapettai nagaswaram is a classical wind music instrument that is traditionally made in a village near Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu.
- On behalf of Thanjavur Musical Instruments Workers Co-operative Cottage Industrial Society Limited, the application for receiving the GI tag was filed by Tamil Nadu’s Nodal Officer for GI Registration of Products.
- The nagaswaram that is being used by artists nowadays is named pari nagaswaram and that is longer than the thimiri.
- This musical instrument has a body that is cylindrical in shape and takes the shape of a bell at the bottom. This form of the nagaswaram provides volume and tone. The instrument’s length is two and a half feet.
List of Some Recent GI Tag:
- Moira bananas, Harmal Chillies, Khaje: Goa
- Judima wine: Assam
- Sojat Mehndi: Rajasthan
- Mihidana Sweet: West Bengal
- Sweet cucumber: Nagaland
- Alibaug white onion: Maharashtra
- Wada Kolam Rice or Zhini: Palghar district, Maharashtra
- Karuppur kalamkari paintings and Kallakurichi wood carvings: Tamil Nadu
Pramod Sawant took charge as Goa Chief Minister for the 2nd term
- Pramod Sawant was unanimously elected the leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislature party in Goa, paving the way for him to take over as the chief minister of Goa for a second term.
- Sawant, who took charge after Manohar Parrikar’s untimely demise in March 2019, gets a second term as Goa’s CM.
- In the recently concluded state Assembly polls, the BJP emerged as the single largest party in Goa, winning 20 seats in the 40-member state Assembly and decimated Congress to 11 seats.
- Capital: Panaji
- CM: Pramod Sawant
- Governor: S. Sreedharan Pillai
Prasar Bharati signed MoU with Australia’s public service broadcaster to boost co-operation
- Prasar Bharati has signed MoU with Australia’s public service broadcaster ‘Special Broadcasting Service (SBS)’ to boost co-operation in the field of broadcasting.
- The MoU will facilitate the reach of DD News, DD India, and multiple language services of DD News amongst the Indian Diaspora in Australia.
- Under this MoU, the two broadcasters will explore opportunities in co-production and joint broadcasting of programmes spanning multiple genres.
About Prasar Bharti:
- Founded: 23 November 1997
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CEO: Shashi Shekhar Vempati
Second India-Australia Virtual Summit held
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Australian counterpart Scott Morrison held 2nd India-Australia Virtual Summit.
- The summit reviewed the multi-faceted relationship between the two countries and exchanged views on regional and global developments. The first virtual summit held on 4th of June in 2020.
- PM Modi expressed his satisfaction at the enhanced scope of the relationship which now covers trade and investments, defence and security, education and innovation, etc.
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
Serdar Berdymukhamedov elected as President of Turkmenistan
- Serdar Berdimuhamedow has been sworn in as the President of Turkmenistan. Berdimuhamedow succeeds his father and former president Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov, who became president in 2006 and served till 2022.
- It must be noted that the presidential elections in Turkmenistan are held every seven years. Serdar Berdymukhamedov, secured 97 per cent of the votes election to lead the gas-rich country.
- Capital: Ashgabat
- Currency: Turkmenistani manat
Banking and Financial
HDFC Bank will launch “SmartHub Vyapar programme” & ‘AutoFirst’ app
- HDFC Bank has announced to launch the “SmartHub Vyapar programme” & ‘AutoFirst’ app to give a digital push to small business loans.
- The financial institution has onboarded over 7 million retailers and is buying 100 thousand retailers each month. HDFC Bank has plans to onboard 20 million retailers in three years. More than half of the newly onboarded retailers solely function by means of the app platform.
- ‘AutoFirst’ application: The financial institution now clocks not less than ₹1,000 crores in service provider loans each month and is wanting to triple the run fee. HDFC Bank can even launch a utility ‘AutoFirst’ that may provide totally automated auto loans.
- SmartHub Vyapar programme: The SmartHub Vyapar programme for retailers will probably be launched quickly. It is an app that bundles all cost platforms – playing cards, UPI, QR code, faucet pay and SMS-based funds.
About HDFC Bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Chairman: Atanu Chakraborty
- Tagline: We understand your world
Appointment and Resignation
Shankar Prasad Sharma appointed as new Nepal envoy to India
- Shankar Prasad Sharma has been appointed as the Ambassador to India by President of Nepal Bidya Devi Bhandari.
- He has been appointed as per the recommendation of Council of Ministers in line with Article 282 of the Constitution of Nepal.
- Post of Nepal’s envoy in New Delhi was vacant after Ambassador Nilambar Acharya, was recalled 6 months ago.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
Neeraj Chopra, Mirabai Chanu won ‘Sportstar of the Year’ award at 2022 Sportstar Aces Awards
- Tokyo Olympic gold medallist Neeraj Chopra and Silver medallist Mirabai Chanu are facilitated with the ‘Sportstar of the Year (Male)’ and (Female) awards respectively at the 2022 Sportstar Aces Awards.
- The Aces Awards celebrate the spirit of excellence in sport and hope to inspire our athletes and sportspersons to continue to strive to break new records and reach new pinnacles of glory.
- Lovlina Borgohain (Sportswoman of the Year, Individual Sports)
- Avani Lekhara (Parathlete of the Year, Female)
- Pramod Bhagat (Special Recognition award)
- Savita (Sportswoman of the Year, Team Sports)
- Rupinder Pal Singh (Sportsman of the Year, Team Sports).
- Arif Khan (Special Recognition Award)
- Former Indian hockey team captain Ajit Pal Singh (‘Lifetime Achievement award’)
BNP Paribas Open 2022; Iga Świątek & Taylor Fritz won women’s & men’s singles title
- The 2022 BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament, also known as the 2022 Indian Wells Masters, was held from March 07 to 20, 2022 at Indian Wells, California, US.
- The BNP Paribas Open is the largest two-week combined event outside of the four Grand Slams and the most-attended WTA 1000 and ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tennis tournament in the world.
- Iga Swiatek of Poland and Taylor Fritz of US defeated Maria Sakkari of Greece and Rafael Nadal of Spain in their respective women’s and men’s singles finals to claim the Indian Wells Masters (BNP Paribas Open) 2022 titles.
Winners of BNP Paribas Open 2022:
- Women’s singles: Iga Świątek (Poland)
- Men’s Singles: Taylor Fritz (United States)
- Women’s Doubles: Xu Yifan / Yang Zhaoxuan
- Men’s Doubles: John Isner / Jack Sock
All England Open Badminton World Championships 2022: Viktor Axelsen & Yamaguchi Akane won men’s & women’s singles title
- Viktor Axelsen of Denmark won the men’s singles title in All England Open Badminton World Championships 2022. In the final, he defeated India’s Lakshya Sen in the final.
- Yamaguchi Akane of Japan won the women’s singles title in All England Open Badminton World Championships 2022.
Winners of the event:
- Men’s singles title: Viktor Axelsen (Denmark)
- Women’s singles title: Yamaguchi Akane (Japan)
- Men’s doubles title: Muhammad Shohibul Fikri & Bagas Maulana (Indonesia)
- Women’s doubles title: Matsuyama Nami & Shida Chiharu (Japan)
- Mixed doubles title: Yuta Watanabe & Arisa Higashino (Japan)
20 March: UN’s French Language Day
- The United Nations’ French Language Day is annually observed across the globe on 20th March to create awareness among the international community about the history, culture and use of the French Language.
- On 21st February 2010, the UN’s Department of Public Information announced the launch of “UN Language Days” and made French Language Day official to celebrate multilingualism and cultural diversity. The day is also used to promote the equal use of all six official languages throughout the UN which are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, and Spanish.
- March 20 is also recognized by the International Organization of La Francophonie (OIF) as the International Day of La Francophonie that celebrates the anniversary of the Agency for Cultural and Technical Cooperation (ACCT) that began March 20, 1970.
- OIF celebrates the International Day of La Francophonie 2022 under the theme “La Francophonie of the future”.
About United Nations (UN):
- Founded: 24 October 1945, San Francisco, California, United States
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Secretary general: António Guterres
21 March: World Puppetry Day
- World Puppetry Day is celebrated on March 21 every year. It aims to recognize puppetry as a global art form and to pay tribute to and honour puppeteers from around the world.
- The World Puppetry Day was established in 2003 by theUnion Internationale de la Marionnette (UNIMA) also known as the International Puppetry Association.
- On this day, Sangeet Natak Akademi under the Ministry of Culture (MoC) is organizing a puppet festival ‘Putul Utsav’ in five cities in India, which include Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh), Hyderabad (Telangana), Angul (Odisha), New Delhi and Agartala (Tripura).
- Theme:‘Azadi ke Rang, Putul Ke Sang’.
About Union Internationale de la Marionnette (UNIMA):
- Headquarters: France
22 March: World Water Day
- World Water Day is celebrated globally on 22nd March every year. The day aims to highlight the importance of freshwater.
- The idea for this international day goes back to 1992, the year in which the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development in Rio de Janeiro took place. That same year, the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution by which 22 March of each year was declared World Day for Water, to be observed starting in
- Theme 2022: “Groundwater, Making the Invisible Visible”.
22 March: Bihar Diwas
- Bihar Diwas, or Bihar Day, is celebrated on 22 March every year. It marks the formation of the state of Bihar when the state was carved out from the Bengal Presidency by the British in 1912.
- n the occasion of Bihar Diwas, the public holiday is observed in the state and several events are organised to celebrate this day. This year, the state is celebrating the 110th Bihar Diwas.
- Theme 2022: ‘Jal, Jeevan, Hariyali’.
Bangladesh’s former president Shahabuddin Ahmed passed away
- Shahabuddin Ahmed, the former President of Bangladesh has passed away at the age of 92 in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- He was the interim head of state as the consensus nominee of all parties amid a mass upsurge in 1990 to topple ex-military dictator HM Ershad.
- Shahabuddin Ahmed also served as the President of Bangladesh from 1996 to 2001. Shahabuddin Ahmed was responsible for holding a “free and credible” election in the country in February 1991.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- President: Abdul Hamid
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs