Table of Contents
Current Affairs 22nd October 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Chhattisgarh CM launched “Shri Dhanwantri Generic Medical Store” Scheme
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has virtually launched a new scheme named ‘Shri Dhanwantri Generic Medical Store scheme’ to provide low-cost generic medicines and enable seamless healthcare services to the vulnerable people of the state.
- Under the scheme, around 188 medical shops are planned to be opened in 169 cities. Currently, 84 generic medical shops are opened in the inaugural session to distribute medicine.
- The scheme will be implemented by the Urban Administration and Development Department (UADD).
- Under this scheme, people will get a discount between 09 percent and 71 percent on the MRP (Market Rate Price) of generic medicines.
- Capital: Raipur
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
- Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel
PM Modi inaugurated Kushinagar International Airport in UP
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the Kushinagar International Airport.
- This becomes the 9th airport in Uttar Pradesh to scheduled passenger flights.
- A charter from Colombo was the first flight to land in Kushinagar with over 100 Buddhist monks and dignitaries.
- Kushinagar International Airport will facilitate pilgrimage to Lord Buddha’s mahaparinirvana sthal of Lord Buddha, thereby boosting the economy of the region.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
NABARD sanctioned Rs 608 Crores to GoI for Assam’s Infrastructure Projects
- In October 2021, the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) sanctioned Rs 608 crores to the Government of India (GoI) for different infrastructure projects in rural areas of Assam.
- The infrastructure projects include 52 rural roads, 21 rural bridges, 19 flood protection projects and 32 soil conservation projects across Assam under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) – XXVII.
- 17 lakhs rural population in 900 villages were estimated to get benefitted through the projects.
- Recently, NABARD has entered into an MOU with the government of Assam, and the Assam Infrastructure Financing Authority (AIFA) for facilitation of Rs 13,200 crore infrastructure projects in the state over a period of 3 years.
- Formation: July 12, 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Govinda Rajulu Chintala
HDFC Bank, Mastercard, DFC, USAID launched a $100 Million Credit Facility for Indian MSMEs
- In October 2021, HDFC Bank, Mastercard, United States International Development Finance Corporation (DFC), and US Agency for International Development (USAID) launched a $100 million credit facility for MSMEs (Micro Small and Medium Enterprises) in India.
- The credit facility is part of USAID’s global Women Economic Empowerment Fund initiative and its COVID-19 response in India.
- HDFC Bank will ensure the credit facility to be available for new-to-credit small businesses owners including at least 50 percent of women entrepreneurs through its branch network across India.
- Aim: To promote and support small businesses in India for digitisation needs and to recover from the economic impacts of the COVID-19.
About HDFC Bank:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Tagline: We understand your world
Banking and Financial
NPCI launched NPCI Tokenization System (NTS) platform for card tokenization
- NPCI launched the NPCI Tokenization System to support tokenisation of cards as an alternate to storing card details with merchants
- The NTS will support the tokenisation of RuPay cards to further enhance the safety of customers.
- With NTS, acquiring banks, aggregators, merchants and others can get themselves certified with NPCI and can play the role of Token Requestor to help save the token reference number, Token Reference On File (TROF) against all card numbers saved.
- Merchants are required to meet the tokenization by January 1, 2022.
About National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI):
- Founded: 2008
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Dilip Asbe
Centre extended Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package insurance scheme for another 6 months
- The centre extended the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP), the insurance scheme for healthcare workers fighting covid-19 for another six months.
- The scheme was launched in March 2020 to provide comprehensive personal accident cover of 50 Lakh to health care providers including community health workers and private health workers.
- The current period of the policy is ending on 20 October 2021. So far, 1351 claims have been paid under the scheme.
RBI imposed ₹1 crore penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a penalty of 1 crore on Paytm Payments Bank for violating provisions of Payment and Settlement Systems Act 2007.
- The central bank noted that Paytm payments bank’s application seeking issue of final certificate of authorization did not reflect its factual position.
- This is related to an offence committed of the nature referred to in Section 26 (2) of Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007.
About Paytm Bank:
- Founded: 2015
- Headquarters: Noida, India
- Founder & CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
List of Banks who has been imposed penalty by RBI Recently
- RBI imposed Rs 25 lakh penalty on Punjab & Sind Bank for non-compliance with certain provisions of directions on ‘Cyber Security Framework in Banks.
- RBI fined Axis Bank Rs 5 crore for non-compliance with certain rules
- RBI imposed penalty of Rs 50.35 lakh on Janalaxmi Co-operative Bank
- RBI imposed Rs 25 lakh fine on Axis Bank for flouting KYC norms
- RBI imposed Rs 2 crore penalty on RBL Bank for breaching deposit, board composition norms
- RBI imposed Rs 1 crore penalty on SBI for non-compliance
- RBI imposed a fine of Rs 1.95 crores on Standard Chartered Bank
Rupifi tied up with Muthoot Finance to Support 15 Million SMEs
- Rupifi, the Digital business-to-business (B2b) payment startup for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) made a partnership with Muthoot Finance to facilitate 15 million SMEs to access instant credit over the next few years.
- Rupifi allows SMEs to flexibly repay their dues as and when required with a per-day interest pricing without any monthly EMIs (Equated monthly installments).
About Muthoot Finance:
- Headquarter– Kochi, Kerala
- Managing Director (MD)– George Alexander Muthoot
Bharti AXA Life Insurance entered into a Bancassurance Partnership with Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company Limited (Bharti AXA Life), a joint venture of Bharti Enterprises and AXA, one of the world largest insurance companies, has entered into a bancassurance partnership with Utkarsh Small Finance Bank to ensure distribution of life insurance products through the bank’s network across India.
- This partnership will enable the Bharti AXA life to reach Tier II and Tier III markets with insurance solutions and increase the reach of insurance in India.
- Under this partnership, the Bharti AXA Life’s insurance comprehensive suite of life insurance plans including the protection, health, savings and investment plans will be made available for the customers of the bank across 202 districts of 19 states and 2 Union territories.
About Utkarsh Small Finance Bank:
- Headquarters: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- MD & CEO: Govind Singh
Appointment and Resignation
Imtiaz Ali appointed as ambassador of Russian Film Festival in India
- Director-producer Imtiaz Ali appointed as the ambassador of the Russian Film Festival in India.
- As part of the festival, ten notable Russian films of various genres will be premiered for Indian audiences on Disney+ Hotstar.
- The first-ever online Russian Film Festival in India is organized by ROSKINO with the support of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Cashify: Rajkummar Rao
- Amway India: Mirabai Chanu
- Mastercard global brand ambassador: Magnus Carlsen
- TAGG, a tech-driven lifestyle electronics brand: Rohit Sharma
- CoinDCX: Amitabh Bachchan
- Fire-Boltt: Virat Kohli
- CoinDCX ‘Future Yahi Hai’ campaign: Ayushmann Khurrana
Russian Opposition leader Alexei Navalny won EU’s Sakharov Prize 2021
- Imprisoned Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny was awarded the EU’s Sakharov Prize 2021. It is European Union’s top human rights prize.
- The 45-year-old activist was poisoned with a nerve agent last year and promptly arrested upon his return to Moscow from treatment in Germany and later imprisoned.
About European Union:
- Founded: 1 November 1993, Maastricht, Netherlands
- Headquarters: Brussels
- President of the Commission: Ursula von der Leyen
- President of the Parliament: David Sassoli
- President of the European Council: Charles Michel
Australia’s fast bowler James Pattinson retires from international cricket
- Australian fast bowler James Pattinson has retired from international cricket after realising that he won’t be in the reckoning for the Ashes series due to fitness issues.
- The 31-year-old, who has played 21 Tests and 15 ODIs, though will continue to play domestic cricket.
- Pattinson claimed 81 Test wickets and 16 ODI scalps in his career after making his Test debut in December 2011 against New Zealand in Brisbane.
- His last Test was against New Zealand in Sydney in January 2020 while he last played an ODI way back in September 2015 against England at Leeds.
Book and Author
A book titled “The Origin Story of India’s States” authored by Venkataraghavan Subha Srinivasan
- The book titled ‘The Origin Story of India’s States’ is written by Venkataraghavan Subha Srinivasan and published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI).
- Venkataraghavan Subha Srinivasan is a writer, actor and strategy consultant from Bengaluru, Karnataka. This is his first non-fiction book.
- It is a story about the birth of India’s 28 states and 8 union territories. Also, their continuous changes.
21 October: World Iodine Deficiency Day
- Global Iodine Deficiency Disorders (IDDs) Prevention Day which is also known as World Iodine Deficiency Day is annually observed on October 21st to create awareness about the importance of iodine for normal thyroid functions, growth and development.
- Under the Prevention of Food Adulteration Act 1954, The government of India has banned the sale of non-iodized salt for direct human consumption in India, with effect from May 2006.
22 October: International Stuttering Awareness Day
- The International Stuttering Awareness Day or International Stammering Awareness Day is marked annually on 22 October to create awareness about stuttering, which affects more than 70 million people, or one percent of the population, globally.
- The aim of the day is to create more knowledge about the condition and reduce the stigma associated with
- Stuttering is a communication disorder that involves “disfluencies”, or disruptions in a person’s speech.
- Theme 2021: “Speak the change you wish to see”.
Sri Lanka’s first Test captain Bandula Warnapura passed away
- Sri Lanka’s first-ever Test captain Bandula Warnapura passed away, following a brief illness. He was 68.
- A right-handed batsman, he led his country when it faced England in its first-ever Test match in 1982 and played three more Tests, scoring 96 runs overall at an average of 12. He also played 12 ODI matches, scoring 180 runs at an average of 15.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs