Current Affairs 22nd September 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Sarbananda Sonowal launched projects for development of Bogibeel region
- Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways Sarbananda Sonowal has launched multiple projects for the development of the Bogibeel region near Dibrugarh in Assam.
- Foundation stones were laid fors construction of two floating jetties at Bogibeel and Guijan.
- He also inaugurated Bogibeel Riverfront Passenger Jetty which has been developed by the Northeast Frontier Railways (NFR).
- The work has been awarded to Coastal Consolidated Structures Pvt. Ltd on an EPC contract mode (engineering, procurement, construction). The two jetties are estimated to be built at the cost of Rs 8.25 crores and scheduled to be completed by February 2023.
- Capital – Dispur
- Chief Minister –Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor – Prof Jagdish Mukhi
Odisha government approved Rs 261 crore livelihood action plan for coast regeneration, climate resilience
- The Odisha government has approved a livelihood action plan worth Rs 261 crore for the regeneration of the coastal ecosystem and to enhance climate resilience among people living on the coast.
- The government has decided to implement this community based action plan from the current year till 2026-27.
- An amount of Rs 261.50 crore would be invested in the coastal livelihood action plan.
- This was decided in the steering committee of the Integrated Coastal Management Society (ICZMS) meeting.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Kashmir’s first-ever multiplex opened in Srinagar
- Jammu & Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha has inaugurated Kashmir’s first multiplex in the Sonwar area of Srinagar.
- With this, cinema halls are back in Kashmir after a gap of three decades.
- The multiplex designed by INOX has 3 movie theatres with a total capacity of 520 seats.
- On Dec 31, 1990, all cinema halls in the Kashmir valley were closed amid the spread of terrorism.
Hero MotoCorp joined hand with HPCL to set up EV charging infrastructure
- Hero MotoCorp has joined hands with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) to set up charging infrastructure for electric two-wheelers in the country.
- As a part of this initiative, the two companies will first establish charging infrastructure at HPCL’s existing network of stations.
- In the first phase, the charging stations will be set up in select cities, which will then be expanded to other key markets with the aim of establishing a high-density of EV charging station network across the country.
- The two-wheeler major will lead the infrastructure development for the charging network with each charging station featuring multiple fast chargers, including DC and AC chargers that will be available to all two-wheeled EVs
- More than 60% of the EVs sold in the country are two-wheelers.
About Hero MotoCorp
- Founded – 19 January 1984
- Founder- Brijmohan Lall Munjal
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- CEO – Pawan Munjal
Dharmendra Pradhan launched ‘SCALE’ app for skill development in leather industry
- Union Minister of Education and Skill Development Dharmendra Pradhan has launched the SCALE (Skill Certification Assessment for Leather Employees) app.
- It provides a one-stop solution for the skilling, learning, assessment, & employment needs of the leather industry.
- It has been developed by the Leather Skill Sector Council.
- People from all age groups interested in leather craft can access online classes on this app.
- The leather industry plays a major role in generating large-scale employment in the country with over 44 lakh people currently working in this industry.
India signed an agreement with Egypt to further defence cooperation
- India has signed an agreement with Egypt to further enhance bilateral defence cooperation.
- It was signed by Defence Minister Rajanth Singh, who is on a two-day visit to Cairo, & his Egyptian counterpart General Mohamed Zaki.
- Both sides discussed steps to strengthen defence ties and reached a consensus to enhance conduct of joint exercises and exchange of personnel for training especially in the field of counter-insurgency.
- They also agreed to identify proposals for expanding cooperation between the defence industries of India and Egypt in a time-bound manner.
- Capital- Cairo
- Currency- Egyptian pound
- Continent – Africa, Asia
- President – Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- India signed an MoU with Iran for smooth movement of seafarers
- India & UAE signed an MoU to establish Cultural Council Forum
- India signed an MoU with Maldives for cooperation in disaster management
- India signed an MoU with UAE for cooperation in education sector
- India and Madagascar signed an MoU on training of diplomats
Banking and Financial
Singapore Central Bank partnered with India’s IFSCA to Pursue Fintech Innovations
- The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) agreement with India’s International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) to facilitate regulatory collaboration in FinTech technology.
- The agreement is expected to leverage existing regulatory sandboxes in their respective jurisdictions to support experimentation of technology innovations.
- The agreement will also allow both organizations to evaluate the suitability of use cases which could benefit from collaboration across multiple jurisdictions and invite relevant jurisdictions to participate in a Global Regulatory Sandbox.
- MAS is Singapore’s central bank & integrated financial regulator.
- The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) is a unified authority for the development and regulation of financial products, financial services, and financial institutions in the International Financial Services Centres in India.
- DBS partnered with sandbox to launch ‘DBS BetterWorld’
- HDFC Bank signed an MoU with Institute of Economic Growth to conduct independent research
- HDFC ERGO to build online insurance platform on Google Cloud
- HDFC Bank partnered with Tata Neu to launch two new credit cards
- Universal Sompo partnered with Repco Home Finance to insure loans
ADB slashed India’s growth forecast to 7% for 2022-23
- The Asian Development Bank has lowered its growth forecast for India for 2022-23 to 7% from 7.2% estimated in July 2022.
- It also lowered India’s growth estimate for 2023-24 to 7.2% from 7.8%.
- It forecast India’s inflation at 6.7% for FY23, and 5.8 % for FY24.
- India’s retail inflation has been hovering at a record 7%, remaining above the Reserve Bank of India’s upper tolerance limit of 6% for eight straight months.
Updated GDP List
- World Bank – 7.5% (FY23), 7.1% (FY24)
- MOODY’S. – 8.8% (FY23)
- S&P – 7.3% (FY23)
- IMF – 7.4% (FY23)
- ADB – 7% (FY23), 7.2% (FY24)
- RBI – 7.2% (FY23)
- FITCH RATING – 7% (FY23), 6.7% (FY24)
- FICCI – 7% (FY23)
- OECD – 6.9% (FY23), 6.2% (FY24)
- CRISIL – 7.3% (FY23)
- NSO – 8.7%. Q4 – 4.1% (FY23)
- SBI – 6.8% (FY23)
- Morgan Stanley – 7.2% (FY23), 6.4%(FY24)
About Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Founded – 19 December 1966
- Headquarters – Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
- President – Masatsugu Asakawa
- Vice President – Ashok Lavasa
- Director of ADB for India – Takeo Konishi
- Executive Director – Sameer Kumar Khare
- Member Counrtries – 68 (Nuie)
Defence Ministry signed an MoU with BoB and HDFC under SPARSH initiative
- The Defence Ministry has signed an MoU with Bank of Baroda and HDFC Bank under the SPARSH (System for Pension Administration) initiative.
- Objective – To cover pension of seventeen lakh defence pensioners across the country
- The MoU will onboard more than 7,900 branches of Bank of Baroda and 6,300 branches of HDFC Bank as Service Centres to provide last mile connectivity to pensioners, especially those who live in remote areas of the country and those who do not have the means or technical wherewithal to logon to SPARSH.
- The Defence Secretary, Dr Ajay Kumar has announced that the average time in pension settlement has come down significantly to about 16 days
- Till now, the SPARSH initiative has crossed one million pensioners onboard mark and disbursed 11,600 crore rupees in 2021-22.
Appointment and Resignation
Former RBI Deputy Governor R Gandhi appointed as part-time chairman of YES Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the appointment of Rama Subramaniam Gandhi as the Non-Executive (Part-time) Chairman of Yes Bank for a tenure of 3 years.
- Gandhi is currently a financial sector policy expert and adviser. At present, Gandhi advises banks, finance companies, fintech entities, payment system entities, investors, and funds on subjects ranging from financial regulations to and Indian economy.
- Gandhi was also a deputy governor of RBI for three years from 2014 to 2017. He had been a seasoned and accomplished central banker for 37 years.
About Yes Bank
- Founded – 2004
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Prashant Kumar
- Tagline – Experience our Expertise
- MD & CEO of CSB Bank – Pralay Mondal
- CEO of American Express India – Sanjay Khanna
- MD & CEO of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank – Krishnan Sankarasubramaniam
- Whole-time member of SEBI – Ananth Narayan Gopalakrishnan
- MD of IDFC Limited – Mahendra Shah
Government appointed Ratan Tata and two others as trustees of PM CARES Fund
- Veteran Industrialist Ratan Tata, Former Supreme Court Judge KT Thomas, and Former Deputy Lok Sabha Speaker Kariya Munda have been nominated as trustees of the PM CARES Fund.
- The Trust further decided to nominate other eminent persons for the constitution of Advisory Board to the PM CARES Fund.
- Advisory Board: Rajiv Mehrishi, Sudha Murthy, and Anand Shah (Former CEO of Piramal Foundation).
- Objective – To provide wider perspectives on the functioning of the PM CARES Fund.
- Donations to PM CARES Fund would qualify for 80G benefits for 100% exemption under the Income Tax Act. As per Centre’s data, a total of ₹7,031.99 crores was collected under PM CARES Fund between 2020-21.
Elvis Ali becomes the oldest Indian to cross North Channel
- Veteran Assamese swimmer Elvis Ali Hazarika has become the first from the North East to cross the North Channel.
- The North Channel is the strait between north-eastern Northern Ireland and south-western Scotland. It begins north of the Isle of Man, where the Irish Sea ends and runs north-west into the Atlantic Ocean
- Elvis and his team clocked a timing of 14 hours 38 minutes to achieve this feat. With this, Elvis has become the oldest Indian swimmer to cross the North Channel.
- Capital – Dispur
- Chief Minister –Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor – Prof Jagdish Mukhi
21 September – World Alzheimer’s Day
- World Alzheimer’s Day is observed every year on September 21.
- Objective – To raise awareness about neurological disorder.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the most common cause of dementia and affects the person’s memory, mental ability, and ability to carry out simple tasks.
- World Alzheimer’s Day was first marked on 21 September 1994 at the opening of ADI’s annual conference in Edinburgh.
- Theme 2022 – Know dementia, Know Alzheimer’s
22 September – World Rhino Day 2022
- World Rhino Day is observed every year on 22 September.
- Objective – To spread awareness about the different Rhinoceros species and the dangers they face.
- This day also celebrates all five rhino species namely the Sumatran, Black, Greater One-horned, Javan, and White rhino species.
- Theme 2022 – Five Rhino Species Forever
- The announcement of this day was done in 2010 by WWF-South Africa. This day was first observed in 2011 and since then it has been observed worldwide.
Popular comedian Raju Srivastava passed away
- Popular comedian Raju Srivastava passed away at the age of 58.
- Srivastava started his career by appearing in small roles in several films, including Maine Pyar Kiya, Baazigar, Tezaab, Bombay to Goa and Aamdani Atthanni Kharcha Rupaiya.
- Srivastava was also a part of The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, Comedy Circus, The Kapil Sharma Show, Shaktimaan and others.
- He was recently seen as a special guest on India’s Laughter Champion.
- Raju Srivastava was born on December 25, 1963, in Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English) Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF Get PDF here Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O Get PDF here AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020 Get PDF here Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered Get PDF here Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions Get PDF here Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1) Get PDF here ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book Get PDF here