Current Affairs 23rd, 24th October 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Tamil Nadu CM launched ‘e-munnetram’ web portal
- The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Muthuvel Karunanidhi (M K) Stalin has launched a web portal named ‘e-munnetram’ to review the progress of all important infrastructure projects in the state.
- The portal was developed by the Tamil Nadu e-Governance Agency (TNeGA), Information Technology (IT) Department. Currently, the portal will work as a private portal.
- The portal will allow allIT/ITES (Information Technology/Information Technology Enabled Services) companies to interact with the government and contribute to planning and policymaking.
- The TNeGA has also conceptualized an interacting platform named ‘IT Nanban’, which will interact with the IT industry and enable all IT/ITES companies in Tamil Nadu to interact with the State government over policymaking.
- The CM has also launched 2 Tamil computer software The Keezhadi and The Tamizhi, with advanced features, which were developed by the Tamil Virtual Academy (TVA).
About Tamil Nadu:
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief minister: K. Stalin
- Governor: N. Ravi
Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGOS) set up to review and monitor the implementation of the PM GatiShakti NMP; headed by Rajiv Gauba
- On October 21, 2021, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi cleared the ‘PM GatiShakti – National Master Plan (NMP) for Multi-Modal Connectivity’ to economic zones and the information for the same was provided by Union Minister Anurag Singh Thakur, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) during a media briefing on the Cabinet decisions in New Delhi.
- This approval comes after a week when the PM launched Rs 100 Lakh crores Gati Shakti NMP for Infrastructure Development from New Delhi. PM Modi launched PM Gati Shakti NMP on 13th October 2021.
- An Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGOS) headed by the Cabinet Secretary (Currently Rajiv Gauba) and secretaries of 18 ministries as members will be set up to review and monitor the implementation of the PM GatiShakti NMP and to ensure logistics efficiency.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Committee on “Variable Capital Company: Dr. K.P. Krishnan
- Suggests 4-tier structure for Urban Co-operative Banks: N. S. Vishwanathan
- RBI to setup committee on NUE licenses: Shri. P. Vasudevan
- Framing a new law for drugs, cosmetics and medical devices: Dr V G Somani
- IFSCA Constitutes an Expert panel on Sustainable Finance: C.K. Mishra.
- SEBI formed 4-Member Advisory Committee on Settlement Orders: Vijay C Daga
- Working Group Constituted to overhaul Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY): Ritesh Chauhan
- Expert Group by MoHFW on Tobacco Tax Policy: Vikas Sheel
Barbados elected its first-ever president Dame Sandra Mason, removing UK’s Queen Elizabeth
- Barbados has elected its first-ever president as it prepares to become a republic, removing Queen Elizabeth as head of state.
- Dame Sandra Mason,72, is set to be sworn in on 30 November, which will mark the country’s 55th anniversary of independence from Britain.
- The first woman to serve on the Barbados Court of Appeals, Dame Sandra has been governor-general since 2018. The historic election came after a joint session of the House of Assembly and the Senate. described the vote as a “seminal moment” for the nation.
- Capital: Bridgetown
- Currency: Barbados Dollar
- Continent: North America
- Prime Minister: Mia Mottley
FATF retained Pakistan in ‘Grey List; Turkey, Jordan, and Mali also added
- Global terror financing watchdog Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has retained Pakistan on its ‘Grey List’ of countries.
- In a briefing, FATF president Marcus Pleyer also said that three new countries Turkey, Jordan, and Mali have also been added to the Grey List.
- In June this year, the FATF had retained Pakistan on its ‘Grey List’ for failing to check money laundering, leading to terror financing.
About Financial Action Task Force (FATF):
- Founded: 1989
- Members: 39
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- President: Marcus Pleyer
Banking and Financial
DA/DR for central government employees and pensioners hiked from 28% to 31%
- The Union Cabinet has approved a further hike of 3% in Dearness Allowance (DA) and Dearness Relief (DR) for the central government employees and pensioners.
- The increase of 3% is over the existing rate of 28% of the basic pay/pension and will be effective from July 1, 2021. Now after this hike, the DA/DR will increase to31%.
- It must be remembered that earlier in July 2021, the government had announced an 11% hike in DA/DR from 17% to 28% of the basic pay/pension. It will cost the exchequer Rs 9,488.70 crore per annum.
- As a result, the DA and DR installments are due for four periods including January 1, 2020, July 1, 2020, January 1, 2021, and July 1, 2021. However, the rate of DA/DR for the period between January 2020 to June 2021 shall remain at 17%.
Appointment and Resignation
OnePlus appointed Navnit Nakra as OnePlus India CEO and Head of India region
- Smartphone maker OnePlus has elevated Navnit Nakra as its India CEO and Head of OnePlus India region
- Nakra will spearhead the company’s business operations and overall strategy for the Indian region.
- Prior to this, Nakra served as the Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Sales of OnePlus in India.
Realme appointed KL Rahul as Brand Ambassador
- Realme, a Chinese smartphone brand, has appointed Indian Cricketer KL Rahul as its brand ambassador for its smartphone category.
- The association of realme with KL Rahul will reinstate the brand ideology of being youth-oriented.
- The primary target of this partnership is the millennials in India.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Mastercard global brand ambassador: Magnus Carlsen
- TAGG, a tech-driven lifestyle electronics brand: Rohit Sharma
- CoinDCX: Amitabh Bachchan
- Fire-Boltt: Virat Kohli
- CoinDCX ‘Future Yahi Hai’ campaign: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Russian Film Festival in India: Imtiaz Ali
Adidas roped in Deepika Padukone as Global Brand Ambassador
- Adidas, a German sportswear major, has appointed Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone as its global brand ambassador. She will endorse Adidas women globally.
- The appointment was announced during the unveiling event of Adidas’s first flagship store in India in Delhi.
- Other brand ambassadors of Adidas in India:
- Mirabai Chanu, Lovlina Borgohain, Nikhat Zareen, Simranjeet Kaur, Hima Das and Dipika Pallikal.
Martin Scorsese and Istevan Szabo to be honored with Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award at IFFI
- Istevan Szabo and Martin Scorsese will be conferred the Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award at the 52nd International Film Festival of India in Goa.
- Istvan Szabo is one of the most critically acclaimed Hungarian film directors of the past few decades known for masterpieces like Mephisto (1981) Father (1966).
- Martin Scorsese is one of the major figures of the New Hollywood era, regarded as one of the greatest and most influential directors in film history.
- The 52nd edition of India’s most prestigious film festival will be held from 20th to 28th November, 2021 in Goa. BRICS Film Festival to be held alongside IFFI.
- Announcing the Opening Film of this edition of IFFI, Shri Thakur said that ‘The King of all the World’ (El Rey de Todo El Mundo) directed by Carlos Saura will be the Opening Film and this will also be the film’s international premier.
Parambikulam Tiger Conservation Foundation won Earth Guardian Award at 11th NatWest Group Earth Heroes Awards 2021
- The Parambikulam Tiger Conservation Foundation (PaTCoF), a non-profit organisation in Palakkad, Kerala, under the Kerala Forest Department, has won the NatWest Group’s Earth Guardian Award 2021 for its efforts towards the conservation of tigers and biodiversity of the Parambikulam tiger reserve.
- NatWest Group India, the global capability centre of the NatWest Group announced the 8 winners of the 11th edition of the NatWest Group Earth Heroes Awards (2021).
- The 2021 awards have been presented under different categories such as Green Warrior, Earth Guardian, Save the Species, Inspire and Lifetime Achievement.
- The theme of the 2021 awards is“Biodiversity – A resilient nature is a foundation on which all climate mitigation and adaptation efforts must be raised”.
2021 NatWest Group Earth Heroes Awards: Complete List of Winners
|Green Warrior||Nitish Kumar (Odisha)|
|Shilpa SL (Karnataka)|
|Earth Guardian||Parambikulam Tiger Conservation Foundation (Kerala)|
|Satpura Tiger Reserve (Madhya Pradesh)|
|Save the Species||Arunima Singh (Uttar Pradesh)|
|Anil Bishnoi (Rajasthan)|
|Inspire||Karma Sonam (Ladakh)|
|Lifetime Achievement||Brij Mohan Singh Rathore (Madhya Pradesh)|
FIFA Ranking 2021: India ranked 106th; Belgium topped
- India has ranked 106th in the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) Rankings 2021, the position of team India was increased to one spot.
- After the victory in SAFF (South Asian Football Federation) Championship 2021 of team India led by Sunil Chhetri, it has secured the 106th position. The team has defeated Nepal in the summit clash.
- Under the FIFA Rankings, Belgium is at 1st position. Brazil holds 2nd position, France holds 3rd position.
FIFA Rankings 2021:
About FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association):
- Founded:21 May 1904
- Headquarters: Zurich, Switzerland
- President: Gianni Infantino
Ridhima Veerendra Kumar broke 7-year National record and bagged gold medal in swimming
- Karnataka swimmer Ridhima Veerendrakumar bagged the gold medal in 50m backstroke for group II girls, in Bengaluru, a record-breaking performance at the 37th Sub Junior and 47th Junior National Championships.
- Ridhima led with powerful strokes to clock 29.94 seconds and broke the 7-year National record of Maana Patel’s record (30.37 seconds) created in 2014.
- Shalini Dixit of Karnataka bagged the silver medal while Sri Nitya Sago of Telangana took bronze.
23 October: International Snow Leopard Day
- Every year, October 23 is observed as International Snow Leopard Day since 2014.
- The day commemorates the anniversary of the Bishkek Declaration and to celebrate this endangered cat and raise awareness for its conservation and protection.
- It was on October 23, 2013, when political leaders from 12 countries came together to endorse the ‘Bishkek Declaration on the conservation of snow leopards.
- Snow Leopards are found in 12 countries namely India, Nepal, Bhutan, China, Mongolia, Russia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
24 October: United Nations (UN) Day
- The United Nations (UN) Day is observed on October 24 each year and marks the official establishment of the United Nations in 1945.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organisation whose primary role is to maintain world peace and security.
- The UN came into existence on October 24, 1945. The name ‘United Nations’ was coined by the United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt and was first used in the Declaration of the United Nations on January 1, 1942, during the Second World War.
- The UN had 51 members at the time of its establishment.
- It is currently made up of 193 Member States. Each of the 193 Member States of the United Nations is a member of the General Assembly.
- Theme of UN concert 2021: “Building Back Together for Peace and Prosperity”
24 October: World Polio Day
- October 24 is observed as World Polio Day every year in order to call on countries to stay vigilant in their fight against the disease. As per the WHO, since 1980, the cases of wild poliovirus have decreased by over 99.9 percent as a result of vaccination efforts made around the world.
- World Polio Day was established by Rotary International over a decade ago to commemorate the birth of Jonas Salk, who led the first team to develop the vaccine against the disease.
- Theme 2021: Delivering on a Promise
Former hockey player Saranjeet Singh passed away
- Former hockey international player Saranjeet Singh has passed away.
- The former State Bank of India hockey player, who played for Coronation Club in the local league, represented Hyderabad juniors and seniors for many years in the late 70s and 80s and also played for India, which toured Germany in 1983.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs