Daily GK Update 23rd April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 23 April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
International (Current Affairs)
PM Modi Participates in Leaders’ Summit on Climate
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi participated in the “Leaders’ Summit on Climate”, hosted by the President of the U.S.A. Joe Biden.
- The two-day conference has been organised virtually on 22-23 April 2021, which coincides with the fifth anniversary of the opening of the Paris Agreement on climate change for signature. The theme of the summit: Our Collective Sprint to 2030.
- A total of 40 national leaders have been invited by Biden to attend this two-day virtual climate summit.
Banking and Financial
Aceware launches first neobank in Kerala
- Aceware FinTech Services, a leading fintech services company in Kerala, has launched the state’s first neobank, Ace Money Neobank, in partnership with YES Bank and ICICI Bank. In the first phase, start-ups, traders and business entities can open current accounts with the neobank.
- What is Neo Bank?: Neobank is a kind of virtual bank that operates without any physical branches. Neobanks mainly target customers who make financial transactions using mobile applications and other digital media platforms.
Note: About Kerala
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
S&P forecasts 11 per cent growth for India this fiscal
- S&P Global Ratings on 22nd April said the Indian economy is projected to grow at 11 per cent in the current fiscal, but flagged the “substantial” impact of broader lockdowns on the economy.
- S&P, which currently has a ‘BBB-’ rating on India with a stable outlook, has forecast an 11 per cent growth in the Indian GDP for the fiscal beginning April 1 on account of a fast economic reopening and fiscal stimulus.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-10.1%
- Brickwork Ratings-11%
Ind Ra revises down India’s FY22 GDP growth forecast to 10.1 per cent
- India Ratings and Research on Friday revised down India’s FY22 real GDP growth forecast to 10.1 per cent, from earlier projection of 10.4 per cent, citing the second wave of COVID-19 infections and slower pace of vaccination.
- The economy is estimated to have contracted by 7.6 per cent in FY21.
India’s FY22 growth revised down to 10.4% from 11%: SBI
- India’s growth in the ongoing fiscal was expected at a lower 10.4% compared to 11% earlier on account of the increasing restrictions across states, according to State Bank of India (SBI) Research.
- Ramping up Covid-19 vaccination efforts rather than lockdowns would be the preferred way to thwart the surging second wave of the pandemic in India.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to Cancel Licence of Sambandh Finserve
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued a show-cause notice prior to cancelling the licence of fraud-hit Sambandh Finserve Pvt Ltd. after its networth eroded below the regulatory minimum and financial situation worsened beyond redemption over the recent months. Sambandh is registered as an NBFC-MFI.
- The Managing Director and CEO of Sambandh, Deepak Kindo, who was allegedly the main perpetrator of the fraud, has been arrested by Economic Offence Wing, Chennai.
Note: About Sambandh Finserve Private Limited
- Founded: 1992;
- Headquarters: Odisha.
Accenture’s Head Rekha M. Menon is chairperson of Nasscom
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) on 23rd April appointed Rekha M. Menon, chairperson and senior MD at Accenture in India, as its chairperson for 2021-22. She would succeed U.B. Pravin Rao, chief operating officer, Infosys.
- Nasscom also appointed Krishnan Ramanujam, president and head of business and technology services, Tata Consultancy Services, as vice-chairperson for FY22.
Note: About NASSCOM
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Founded: 1 March 1988.
Haryana and Delhi to host Khelo India Youth Games in November 2021
- The 2021 edition of the Khelo India Youth Games will be held from November 21 to December 5 this year.
- The fourth edition of the annual national-level grassroots event will be held in the cities of Panchkula, Ambala, Shahabad, Chandigarh – in the state of Haryana – and capital New Delhi.
- This will be the first time that the Khelo India Youth Games will be held away from the January window and in multiple cities. The inaugural edition in 2018 was held in New Delhi, the 2019 edition in Pune, Maharashtra and last year in Guwahati, Assam.
23 April – World Book and Copyright Day
- Every year on 23rd April this day is celebrated to promote the enjoyment of books and reading.
- It is necessary to recognise the magical powers of books because they generate a link between the past and the future, a bridge between generations and across cultures.
23 April – English Language Day
- English Language Day is celebrated on 23 April annually and is a United Nations (UN) observance day. The day coincides with both the birthday and death day of William Shakespeare and World Book Day.
- The event was established by UN’s Department of Public Information in 2010 “to celebrate multilingualism and cultural diversity as well as to promote equal use of all six official languages throughout the Organization”.
Note: Different Language day
- Arabic-December 18,
- English-April 23,
- French-March 20,
- Russian-June 6,
- World Hindi day– 10 January
- Chinese-April 20
Popular Gujarati and Hindi film actor Amit Mistry Passed away at 47
- Popular Gujarati and Hindi film actor Amit Mistry died on 23rd April morning after suffering a major cardiac arrest. He was 47.
- Amit, who was famous in the Gujarati theatre circuit and films, also did many Hindi films including Kya Kehna, Ek Chalis Ki Last Local, 99, Shor In The City, Yamla Pagla Deewana, Bey Yaar, A Gentleman among many others.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|