Current Affairs 23rd August 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Castler partnered with Yes Bank for digital escrow services
- Global escrow banking solution provider Castler has partnered with Yes Bank to offer digital escrow services for the bank’s customers.
- The firm offers domestic and cross-border escrow solutions for individuals and enterprises.
- Operational since April 2021, Castler is the escrow solution for over 150 enterprises and manages over Rs1000 crore in transactions every month.
- In June, Castler raised $1 million from Zerodha’s venture capital arm Rainmatter, with participation from Venture Catalysts, 9Unicorns, Faad Network land LetsVenture.
- Recently in July, Yes Bank partnered with JC Flowers ARC to form an asset reconstruction company to sell bad loans of the bank valuing Rs 48,000 crore.
About Yes Bank
- Founded – 2004
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO – Prashant Kumar
- Tagline – Experience our Expertise
- Axis Bank signed an MoU with FCI to provide “Ultima Salary Package”
- Yes Bank partnered with SellerApp to facilitate adoption of ONDC
- Paytm partnered with Piramal Finance to offer loans
- IDFC FIRST Bank partnered with LetsVenture to support startups
- HDFC Bank partnered with M1xchange for Trade receivables Discounting System (TReDs)
- SVC Bank signed an agreement with SIDBI for empowering MSMEs
GMR launched Blockchain Centre of Excellence for airports
- GMR Group has launched a Blockchain Centre of Excellence (CoE) for airports.
- It will provide access to the required infrastructure & labs to start-ups for the development & validation of solutions & services.
- It will also enable thought leadership, research, & training programs for upskilling in the field of blockchain.
About GMR Group
- Founded- 1978
- Founder- Grandhi Mallikarjuna Rao
- Headquarters – New Delhi
Union Minister Amit Shah chaired the 23rd meeting of Central Zonal Council in Bhopal
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah has chaired the 23rd meeting of Central Zonal Council in Bhopal.
- He also laid the foundation stone for the Bhopal campus of the National Forensic Sciences University.
- The 23rd meeting of the Central Zonal Council discussed the significant progress made towards the expansion of banking facilities within 5 km of all villages as per the vision given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the expansion of the banking network in rural areas.
- The 112 Emergency Response Support Service (ERSS) is the single number emergency line in the country and is functioning in 35 States/UTs.
- The online Sakhi Dashboard is being operated by the Government of India under the ‘Sakhi -One Stop Center’ for the safety of women.
- The meeting also discussed the seamless integration of the Police Help Line No. 112 with the Women Help Line No. – 181 and Child Help Line No. – 1098 and through this and shifting the cases related to women to ‘Sakhi -One Stop Center’ on a real-time basis.
About Madhya Pradesh
- Capital – Bhopal
- Chief Minister – Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor – Mangubhai C. Patel
Dr. S Jaishankar unveiled the statue of Mahatma Gandhi in Paraguay
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar has unveiled a statue of Mahatma Gandhi in Paraguay.
- He also visited the historic Casa de la Independence from where the South American country’s Independence movement started more than two centuries ago.
- He is on his first-ever official visit to South America and would also be visiting Argentina.
- Capital- Asunción
- Currency – Guarani
- President – Mario Abdo Benítez
Jitendra Singh launched India’s first Hydrogen Fuel Cell bus in Pune
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology Jitendra Singh has launched India’s first indigenously developed hydrogen fuel cell bus in Pune.
- The bus has been developed by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and private firm KPIT Limited.
- The fuel cell utilizes hydrogen and air to generate electricity to power the bus.
- A single diesel bus plying on long-distance routes typically emits 100 tons of CO2 annually and there are over a million such buses in India.
- Fuel Cell vehicles also give zero greenhouse gas emissions in stark contrast to diesel-powered heavy commercial vehicles which account for 12-14% CO2 and particulate emissions.
About Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- Founded– 26 September 1942
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- Director General – Nallathamby Kalaiselvi
Chhattisgarh government to set up 300 rural industrial parks in the state
- Chhattisgarh Government will set up 300 rural industrial parks in the state to boost and strengthen the village economy.
- The project will be launched on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti on October 2, 2022.
- Objective – To create a source of additional income for rural poor families.
- In the first year of the project, there will be 300 such parks.
- The first such park in Chhattisgarh came up in Kulgaon, Kanker district, which has been named Gandhi Gram. The district administration, along with women’s self-help groups, has developed the park.
- Capital – Raipur
- Chief Minister – Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor – Anusuiya Uike
Puducherry CM presented Rs 10,696.61 crore tax-free budget
- Chief Minister of Puducherry N Rangasamy has presented a Rs 10,696.61 crore tax-free budget for fiscal 2022-23.
- The budget contained announcements including free house site pattas for freedom fighters in the union territory and laptops free of cost for students of standards XI and XII in government and aided schools.
- The size of the budget for fiscal 2022-23 was Rs 10,696.61 crore. the Union Territory`s own revenue receipts were estimated at Rs 6,557.23 crore while the Central assistance would be Rs 1,729.77 crore with an additional Rs 20 crore from the Central Road Fund and an allocation of Rs 500 crore under Centrally sponsored schemes (CSS).
- A National Law University would also be established in Puducherry.
India’s 1st space observatory to come up in Uttarakhand
- India’s first commercial space situational awareness observatory will be set up in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand by Digantara, a space sector start-up.
- It will track objects as small as 10 cm in size orbiting the earth.
- The space situational awareness (SSA) observatory will help India track any activity in space including that of space debris and military satellites hovering over the region.
- Currently, the United States is a dominant player in monitoring space debris with observatories in multiple locations and commercial companies providing additional inputs from across the world.
- Capital – Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
- Chief Minister – Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Governor – Gurmit Singh
Greece exits EU’s ‘enhanced surveillance’ framework
- Greece has announced that it has exited the European Union’s ‘enhanced surveillance framework.
- Greece ends 12 years of pain and allows the country greater freedom in policymaking.
- Greece’s economic performance & policies have been closely monitored under the ‘enhanced surveillance’ framework since 2018.
- The surveillance framework was intended to ensure the continued adoption of measures to support sustainable economic growth.
- Capital- Athens
- Currency – Euro
- Prime Minister – Kyriakos Mitsotakis
Uttar Pradesh government to build India’s first education township
- In a first, the Uttar Pradesh government is planning to build an education township in the state.
- It will be developed on the idea of ‘Single Entry, Multiple Exit’.
- It will provide high-quality education to the youth and equip them with a variety of professional skills in a single place.
- Besides, it will provide accommodation and many other facilities to both students and teachers.
- The education township will also feature skill development universities where training will be imparted to the youth in different types of skills. Besides, many other coaching institutes like Abhyudaya will be started in these education townships so that more and more students can be successful in competitive examinations like NEET, IIT, Union Public Service Commission, etc to be held in the country and the state.
About Uttar Pradesh
- Capital – Lucknow
- Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath
- Governor – Anandiben Patel
Appointment and Resignation
Rajesh Verma appointed as Secretary to President Droupadi Murmu
- Odisha cadre 1987-batch IAS officer Rajesh Verma has been appointed as the Secretary to President Droupadi Murmu.
- He replaces the incumbent Kapil Dev Tripathi, a 1980-batch IAS officer.
- Verma is currently serving as Secretary of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs & has also served as principal secretary to Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik.
Other Secretary’s List
- Private Secretary to PM – Vivek Kumar
- Foreign Secretary – Vinay Mohan Kwatra
- Advisor to PM Modi -Tarun Kapoor
- Finance Secretary T V Somanathan
- Revenue secretary – Tarun Bajaj
- Economic Affairs Secretary – Ajay Seth
- Cabinet Secretary – Rajiv Gauba
- Expenditure Secretary – TV Somanathan
Debasisa Mohanty appointed as Director of NII
- Senior scientist Debasisa Mohanty has been appointed as the Director of the National Institute of Immunology (NII).
- He is currently working as the staff scientist with the NII.
- The Government awarded him the National Bioscience Award for Career Development, one of the highest Indian science awards, for his contributions to biosciences, in 2009.
- In another order, the ministry said Revenue Secretary Tarun Bajaj has been given additional charge as Corporate Affairs Secretary.
About National Institute of Immunology (NII)
- Founded – 1981
- Located – New Delhi
- Founder Director- G.P. Talwar
- DCGI chief – VG Somani (for 3 months)
- MD of NaBFID – Rajkiran Rai
- Deputy President of FIDE – Viswanathan Anand
- First woman Director General of CSIR – Nallathamby Kalaiselvi
- Central Vigilance Commissioner – Suresh N Patel
Antim Panghal won gold medal at U-20 World Wrestling Championship
- 17-year-old wrestler Antim Panghal has won the gold medal in the women’s 53kg category at the World U20 Wrestling Championships 2022 in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- With the top podium finish, 17-year-old Antim Panghal became the first Indian woman to win a gold medal in the U20 world wrestling championships.
- She defeated Kazakhstan’s Atlyn Shagayeva.
- Antim belongs to Haryana’s Hisar district.
- It was the 45th edition of the U-20 World Wrestling Championship.
Indian para shuttlers Pramod Bhagat & Sukant Kadam clinched gold medal
- Indian para shuttlers Pramod Bhagat & Sukant Kadam have won the gold medal at the Thailand Para-Badminton International tournament held in Pattaya.
- They defeated the Indonesian pair of Dwiyoko & Fredy Setiawan in the men’s doubles final.
- India bagged a total of 17 medals at the Thailand Para-Badminton International. The Indians finished with a total of 4 gold, 5 silver and 8 bronze medals in the tournament.
23 August – International Day for the Remembrance of Slave Trade and its Abolition
- International Day for the Remembrance of Slave Trade and its Abolition is celebrated every year on 23 August around the globe.
- Objective – The day is used for educating people about the events associated with the slave trade and its consequences.
- The night of 22 to 23 August 1791, in Santo Domingo (today Haiti and the Dominican Republic) saw the beginning of the uprising that played a significant role in the abolition of the transatlantic slave trade.
- Named by UNESCO, this day was first celebrated on 23 August 1998.
Veteran producer Abdul Gaffar Nadiadwala passed away
- Veteran filmmaker Abdul Gaffar Nadiadwala passed away recently
- Abdul Gaffar Nadiadwala was known for backing over 50 Hindi films including 1965 film “Mahabharat” and hit comedies in the 2000s such as “Hera Pheri” and “Welcome”.
- He had started his film production and media entertainment company in 1953.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs