Current Affairs 23rd December 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Maharashtra launched Chalo mobile app & smart card for convenient bus travel
- Maharashtra Tourism and Environment Minister Aaditya Thackeray launched Chalo mobile application (app) and Chalo smart cards to facilitate digital and advance purchase of Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST) bus tickets.
- Chalo mobile app will allow passengers to buy online bus tickets and have access to bus passes through an e-wallet. A contract worth Rs 85 crore has been given for the maintenance of the Chalo mobile application for six years.
- He also launched the NCMC complaint smart card of BEST as well as new fare schemes for the passengers, one that provided 10 trips at Rs 70 and another called ‘Flexifare’.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
UP government will launch ‘Free Smartphone Yojna’ on 25 December
- The Uttar Pradesh government is set to launch the ambitious ‘Free Smartphone Yojana on December 25, which is the birth anniversary of senior BJP leader and former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Under the scheme, the state government will distribute smartphones and tablets to final year students of graduation and above.
- On December 25, the chief minister will distribute 60,000 smartphones and 40,000 tablets to the youths. More than 38 lakh youths have registered themselves on the Digi Shakti Portal. Further registration is going on.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
NITI Aayog & UN-WFP signed SoI to mainstream millets in government programmes
- National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog has signed a Statement of Intent with the United Nations World Food Program for mainstreaming of millets and supporting India in taking lead globally in knowledge exchange using the opportunity of 2023 as International Year of Millets.
- The Sol focuses on strategic and technical collaboration between NITI Aayog and WFP to strengthen climate-resilient agriculture for enhanced food and nutrition security in India.
- Aim: To build resilient livelihoods for small-holder farmers and adopt the capacities to climate change and transforming food systems.
About NITI Aayog:
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
Banking and Financial
RBI empanelled CSB Bank as Agency Bank to undertake banking business of central, state govts
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced the empanelment of CSB Bank, a private sector lender as an ‘Agency Bank’.
- Through this appointment, the CSB Bank will undertake the general banking business of the central and state governments under the guidelines set by the RBI.
- As an Agency bank, CSB Bank will work with different state governments and central government departments for businesses such as tax collections, pension payment, collection of stamp duty, etc.
Banks recently empanelled as Agency Bank of RBI:
- South Indian bank
- Karnataka bank
- DCB Bank
- RBL Bank
- Dhanlaxmi Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- Bandhan Bank
CBI signed a co-lending agreement with U GRO Capital
- Central Bank of India signed a co-lending agreement with U GRO Capital, an MSME lending fintech platform, to provide INR 1000 crore formal credit to underserved MSMEs at affordable rates across all product categories of U GRO Capital.
- Under this partnership, it is aimed to disburse up to INR 1000 crore to U GRO Capital’s varied programs like Pratham, Sanjeevani, Saathi, GRO MSME, and Machinery financing.
- Central Bank of India will provide co-lending support through GRO-Xstream platform with the loans originated by U GRO Capital’s distribution network.
About Central Bank of India:
- Founded: 21 December 1911
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Matam Venkata Rao
Oriental Insurance Company Ltd categorised as Public Shareholder in Axis Bank
- Axis Bank announced the approval to reclassify Oriental Insurance Company Ltd (OICL) from promoter category to public category shareholder in the bank.
- At present, OICL holds a 0.16 percent stake in Axis Bank. Currently, BSE & NSE gave approval for the reclassification of New Oriental Insurance Company to the public category from the promoter category.
About Axis Bank:
- Founded: 3 December 1993
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Amitabh Chaudhary
- Chairperson: Shri Rakesh Makhija
- Tagline: Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi
Wipro has signed a USD 230 million deal to acquire Edgile
- Wipro has signed an agreement to acquire Edgile, a transformational cyber security consulting provider, for $230 million.
- Together, Wipro and Edgile will develop Wipro CyberTransform, an integrated suite that will help enterprises enhance boardroom governance of cyber security risk, invest in robust cyber strategies, and reap the value of practical security in action.
- Founded in 2001, Edgile is recognized by security and risk leaders for its business-aligned cyber security capability, deep understanding of the changing regulatory environment, and enabling cloud transformations that help secure the modern enterprise.
- Founded: 29 December 1945, India
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder Chairman: Azim Premji
- Executive Chairman: Rishad Premji
- CEO: Thierry Delaporte
Appointment and Resignation
Pradeep Kumar Rawat appointed as India’s next Ambassador to China
- Senior Indian diplomat Pradeep Kumar Rawat (1990 batch IFS officer) has been appointed as India’s next Ambassador to China and, will take up the assignment shortly in Beijing.
- He is currently India’s Ambassador to the Netherlands. He will replace Vikram Misri, who completed his three-year term earlier this month and has left for Delhi.
- Capital: Beijing
- Currency: Renminbi
- President: Xi Jinping
IOA named Harjinder Singh as India’s Chef de Mission for 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics
- The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) has appointed the Ice Hockey Association of India’s general secretary, Harjinder Singh, as the Chef de Mission of the country’s contingent for the upcoming 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing.
- Singh was the Chef de Mission of the Indian contingent for the 23rd Winter Olympic Games too, which was held in Pyeongchang, South Korea in 2018.
O.P. Jindal Global University won “Digital Innovation of the Year” award at the THE Asia Awards 2021
- P. Jindal Global University (JGU) won the ‘Digital Innovation of the Year Award’ in the prestigious Times Higher Education (THE) Asia Awards 2021 for creating a free, cloud-based application to help schools and universities manage data.
- JGU was the only Indian University to be shortlisted for the “Digital Innovation of the Year”. The university was awarded under the ‘Technological or Digital Innovation of the Year category’ for its transformative work in the last 2 years.
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) bagged the prize for Asia’s ‘Leadership and Management Team of the Year’ category at THE Asia Awards 2021.
IAF deployed the first S-400 air defence system in Punjab sector
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) has deployed the first squadron of the S-400 air defence missile system in the western Punjab sector which will take care of aerial threats from Pakistan and China.
- The S-400 air defence system was contracted for by India from Russia in a deal worth around Rs 35,000 crores and five squadrons would be provided to India for tackling air threats from up to 400 km.
DRDO conducted flight tests of indigenously developed surface-to-surface missile ‘Pralay’
- DRDO successfully test-fired short-range, surface to surface-guided ballistic missile ‘Pralay’ from APJ Abdul Kalam Island, off the coast of Odisha.
- Pralay is the solid-fuel, battlefield missile based on Prithvi Defence Vehicle from the Indian ballistic missile program, developed by Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Pralay is a 150-500 km short-range, surface-to-surface missile with a payload capacity of 500-1,000 kg.
Launch Missile with range by DRDO IN NEWS
- “Prithvi II”-350 Km
- “K-4 nuclear”-3500Km
- “Nirbhay”: 1500Km
- ‘Akash-NG’: 60 KM
- Agni-5: 5000 KM
- Pinaka ER: 70 Km
- Stand-off Anti-tank (SANT) Missile: 10 KM
- Agni P Ballistic Missile: 1000 to 2000KM
Book and Author
First book of Tusshar Kapoor ‘Bachelor Dad’ released
- Tusshar Kapoor has written his first book titled ‘Bachelor Dad’. The actor became a single father to son Laksshya Kapoor via surrogacy in 2016.
- He has shared his journey of being a single father in the new book. The actor has shared his journey of the ‘slightly unconventional road to fatherhood’ in his debut book, Bachelor Dad.
23 December: National Farmer’s Day
- National Farmers’ Day or Kisan Diwas is celebrated across the nation on December 23 to commemorate the birth anniversary of the fifth Prime Minister of India (28 July 1979 – 14 January 1980), Chaudhary Charan Singh.
- In 2001, the government of India declared December 23, the day Chaudhary Charan Singh was born, to be celebrated as National Farmers’ Day and for all the right reasons.
Pritzker Prize-winning architect Richard Rogers passed away
- Pritzker Prize-Winning British-Italian Architect Richard Rogers has passed away at his residence in London, United Kingdom.
- He received the Pritzker Prize, known as the Nobel Prize of Architecture, in 2007. He received the Knight Bachelor in 1991 and he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II.
- He was the architect of the new World Trade Center (3 World Trade Center) in New York City, United States, the Centre Pompidou in Paris, France and the Millennium Dome in London, UK.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs