Daily GK Update 24th , 25th April 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 24 , 25 April 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Glacier burst occurred in Sumna in Chamoli district, Uttrakhand
- A Glacier burst occurred in Sumna, Neeti Valley located in Chamoli district in India-China border. A Border Road Organisation Camp came under the avalanche. The Indian Army has so far rescued 291 persons.
- In February 2021, flash floods occurred in Chamoli district due to Glacial burst and killed dozens. Earlier the breaking of Nanda Devi Glacier triggered avalanche, landslides and flash floods in the tributaries of the Ganges. The floods due to the breakage damaged two hydroelectric power projects.
International (Current Affairs)
Bengaluru-based lady entrepreneur Vibha Harish makes it to Forbes Asia’s 30 ‘Under-30’ list
- Bengaluru-based lady entrepreneur Vibha Harish, CEO and founder of herbal nutrition and plant-based supplement company Cosmix, has made it to the Forbes Asia’s 30 Under- 30 in just one year of opening her venture.
- At present, Cosmix is one of the fastest-growing ventures in the country.
Banking & Financial
RBI restricts American Express Banking Corp, Diners Club International Ltd from adding new customers
- Reserve Bank of India has imposed restrictions on American Express Banking Corp and Diners Club International Limited from adding new customers to their card networks from 1st of next month.
- RBI said, these entities have been found non-compliant with the directions on Storage of Payment System Data. The apex bank clarified that, the order will not impact existing customers. The RBI indicated that both these service providers had failed to comply with directions regarding mandatory storage of customer data within systems in India.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
RBI allows commercial banks to pay up to 50% of pre-Covid dividends
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed commercial banks to pay dividends on equity shares for FY21, from the profits for the fiscal ended March 31, 2021, subject to certain conditions and limits.
- The new notification of RBI allows commercial banks to pay dividends not more than 50 per cent of the amount determined as per the dividend payout ratio prescribed. This means that banks may pay dividends up to 50% of what they paid before the Covid scenario.
RBI approves Atanu Chakraborty as HDFC Bank’s part-time chairman
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved Atanu Chakraborty as the part-time chairman of HDFC Bank.
- The appointment is for a period of three years and follows the exit of previous chairperson, Shymala Gopinath in December last year.
- Chakraborty also served on the Board of World Bank as alternate Governor as well as on the Central Board of Directors of the Reserve Bank of India.
Note: About HDFC
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline: We understand your world.
Rumana sinha sehgal won Nelson Mandela World Humanitarian Award 2021′
- Software-engineer turned social entrepreneur, Rumana Sinha Sehgal has been awarded the prestigious ‘Nelson Mandela World Humanitarian Award 2021’ by the Diplomatic Mission Global Peace earlier this month.
- Rumana says: “My work has been recognised in the fields of developing innovative and functional ‘green’ products by recycling varied materials and creative use of non-biodegradable materials, thus enhancing their useful life.”
Tsitsipas Won Maiden Masters 1000 Crown In Monte-Carlo
- Third time proved to be the charm for Stefanos Tsitsipas at the Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters on 20th April when he collected his first ATP Masters 1000 title with a 6-3, 6-3 victory against Andrey Rublev.
- Tsitsipas took control of both sets by breaking 23-year-old Rublev, who beat Rafael Nadal in the quarter-finals, early on.
24 April – World Veterinary Day
- World Veterinary Day is observed every last Saturday of April month globally to raise awareness in the public about the important roles veterinarians plays.
- The World Organisation creates this day for Animal Health and the World Veterinary Association.
- Theme 2021: ‘Veterinarian response to the COVID-19 crisis.’
24 April – National Panchayati Raj Day
- National Panchayati Raj Day is celebrated every year on 24 April in India. On this day Constitution came into force with effect from 24 April, 1993. In 2010 the first National Panchayati Raj Day was celebrated.
- A new part in the Constitution Part IX was added by passing 73rd Amendment Act from Article 243 to 243 (O) titled “The Panchayats” and a new Eleventh Schedule consisting of 29 subjects within the functions of Panchayats were also added.
24th April: International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace
- The International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace observed globally on 24 April. ‘International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace’ was first observed by the United Nations (UN) on April 24, 2019.
- The day aims to spread knowledge about the advantages of multilateralism and diplomacy for peace, including through educational and public awareness-raising activities.
24 April: World Day for Laboratory Animals
- The World Day For Animals In Laboratories (WDAIL); also known as World Lab Animal Day or World Day for Laboratory Animals, is observed every year on 24 April.
- WDAIL aims to end the suffering of animals in laboratories around the world and promote their replacement with advanced scientific non-animal techniques.
25 April – World Malaria Day
- World Malaria Day is celebrated every year on 25 April to raise awareness about the disease malaria, how to control it and how to eradicate it completely. In 2008, the first Malaria Day was celebrated, which was developed from Africa Malaria Day, which was an event observed since 2001 by the African governments.
- In the 60th session of the World Health Assembly in 2007, it was proposed that Africa Malaria Day can be changed to World Malaria Day.
- Theme 2021: ‘Reaching the zero malaria target’.
Music Composer Shravan Rathod of “Nadeem-Shravan” Fame Passes Away due to Covid 19
- Veteran music composer Shravan Rathod of Nadeem-Shravan fame has passed away due to coronavirus complications. The iconic composer duo Nadeem-Shravan (Nadeem Saifi and Shravan Rathod), were among the most sought-after composers of the 90s.
- Together they composed some of the iconic hits for movies such as Aashiqui (1990), Saajan (1991), Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke (1993), Pardes (1997) and Raja Hindustani (1996), among others.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|