Current Affairs 24 , 25 July 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
International (Current Affairs)
G20 Environment Ministers’ Meeting 2021
- The G20 Environment Ministers’ Meeting 2021 is one of the ministerial meetings organized as part of the G20 Leaders Summit 2021, which will be hosted by Italy in October 2021.
- The 2021 G20, under the Italian Presidency, will focus on three broad, interconnected pillars of action: People, Planet, Prosperity.
- The G20 aims to take the lead in ensuring a swift international response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sweden joins International Solar Alliance (ISA)
- Sweden has ratified the framework agreement for the International Solar Alliance (ISA) and is now a member of the global platform, which is an initiative of India aimed at promoting renewable energy and sustainable development.
- In an official statement released on 23th July, the Swedish embassy in India said that Sweden has ratified and deposited the framework agreement of the ISA and its membership entered into force on July 17.
Note: About ISA
- Headquarters: Gurugram
- Founded: 30 November 2015
- Founded at: Paris, France
- Director General: Ajay Mathur
Banking & Financial
U GRO Capital & Bank of Baroda in tie-up for MSME co-lending
- U GRO Capital, a non-bank financier, and state-owned Bank of Baroda have partnered for co-lending to the micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) sector. Under the co-lending programme Pratham, Bank of Baroda and U GRO will together disburse loans worth Rs 1,000 crore to MSMEs.
- The aim is to dispense the entire amount by the end of this financial year. The loan amount ranges from ₹50 lakh to ₹2.5 crores to be offered at an interest rate starting from 8% with a maximum tenure of 120 months.
Note: About Bank Of Baroda
- Headquarters: Vadodara, Gujarat, India;
- Chairman: Hasmukh Adhia;
- MD & CEO: Sanjiv Chadha;
RBI increases loan limit of bank directors to Rs 5 cr from Rs 25 lakh
- The Reserve Bank of India on 23rd July increased the limit of personal loans given to any director of a bank to Rs 5 crore, from Rs 25 lakh earlier.
- The central bank amended the master circular for this, and said unless sanctioned by the board of directors or the management committee, banks should not grant loans and advances aggregating Rs 5 crore and above to any relative other than spouse and dependent children of their own Chairmen/Managing Directors or other Directors.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
- Deputy Governor : T Rabi Sankar
Shiv Nadar steps down as HCL Tech MD, Vijayakumar to take over
- Shiv Nadar, the founder of HCL Technologies Ltd, and its chief strategy officer, has tendered his resignation as managing director , as well as a director, with effect from 19 July, on completing 76 years of age.
- Vijayakumar, president and chief executive officer, has been appointed as the managing director for five years.
List of Some World’s Top Company and CEOs or MD
- Microsoft-Satya Nadella
- Apple– Tim Cook
- Dell Technologies -Michael Dell
- Oracle-Safra Catz
- HP– Enrique Lores
- Ericsson– Börje Ekholm
- IBM-Arvind Krishna
Mirabai Chanu wins silver in 49kg, India gets first medal at Tokyo Olympics
- Mirabai Chanu created history winning India’s first medal of the Tokyo Olympics when she clinched silver in women’s 49kg weightlifting event on 24th July.
- Chanu thus becomes the second ever Indian female weightlifter after Karnam Malleswari’s historic bronze in *2000 and just the fifth individual to win a silver medal.
China’s Yang Qian Wins First Gold Medal of Tokyo Olympics
- Yang Qian of China took gold in the women’s 10m air rifle final to secure the first gold medal of the 2020 Summer Games at the Asaka Shooting Range on 24th July.
- Anastasiia Galashina of Russia won silver, while Nina Christen of Switzerland won the bronze medal.
Ngangom Bala Devi named AIFF ‘Women’s Footballer of the Year’ 2020-21
- Indian Women’s National Team Forward, Ngangom Bala Devi has been named as the All India Football Federation (AIFF) Women’s Footballer of the Year 2020-21. Bala currently plays for Rangers Women’s FC in Scotland.
- She made her debut for the team in February 2020 and created history as she scored her first competitive goal for the side in December last year. She is the first Indian woman footballer to sign a professional contract with an overseas club in Europe.
Indian Navy two-day bilateral Passage exercise with UK’s Royal Navy
- The Indian Navy took part in a two-day bilateral Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with Royal Navy Carrier Strike Group (CSG)-21, led by HMS Queen Elizabeth, in the Bay of Bengal from July 21 to 22.
- The bilateral maritime exercise was designed to hone the two navies’ ability to operate together in the maritime domain.
Note: Exercise Between India and UK
- Ajeya Warrior
- Indradhanush (Airforce)
24 July: National Thermal Engineer Day
- Every year on July 24, National Thermal Engineer Day is observed to mark and appreciate all thermal engineers in the country.
- The day honours the significance of thermal management in the electronics sector, as well as the engineers and businesses who make it possible.
July 24: Aaykar Diwas (Income Tax Day)
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) observed the 161st Income Tax Day (also known as Aaykar Diwas) on 24 July 2021.
- In India, the Income Tax Day is celebrated every year on July 24, as it was on 24 July 1980 that Income Tax was introduced for the first time in India by Sir James Wilson.
Note: About Central Board of Direct Taxes
- Chairman: Jagannath Bidyadhar Mohapatra;
- Established: 1924;
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
25 July: National Parents Day (Fourth Sunday in July)
- It is observed on the fourth Sunday of July. This year it will be celebrated on 25 July. The day honours parents and their important role in our lives. Let us read in detail about the day.
- President Bill Clinton in 1994 signed a law and a resolution was adopted by the US Congress to establish the fourth Sunday of every July as Parents’ Day.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|