Current Affairs 24 August 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Assam Celebrated Wanchuwa Festival 2021
- This festival is celebrated by Tiwa tribesmen to mark their good harvest.Tiwa tribesmen perform their traditional dnac eas they take part in Wanchuwa Festival in Assam. It comes with songs, dances, a bunch of rituals and people clad in their native attires.
- Tiwa also known as Lalung is indigenous community inhabiting the states of Assam and Meghalaya and are also found in some parts of Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur.
Note: List of Famous Festival in Assam
- Bihu Festival
- Ambubachi Festival.
- Majuli Festival.
- Dehing Patkai Festival.
- Ras Lila in Majuli.
- Baishagu Festival.
NTPC launched India’s largest floating solar project in Simhadri
- State-run electricity producer NTPC Limited began commercial operations at India’s largest floating solar PV project at its Simhadri thermal station in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh on 21 Aug.
- The project was declared open after commissioning a 15 MW floating solar project, taking the total installed capacity at the facility to 25 MW. The floating solar project is the to be set up under the Flexibilisation Scheme, notified by the Government of India in 2018.
- The floating solar installation with an unique anchoring design is spread over 75 acres in an RW reservoir.
Banking & Financial
RBI appointed panel suggests 4-tier structure for Urban Co-operative Banks
- RBI appointed panel under the chairmanship of N. S. Vishwanathan suggests 4-tier structure for Urban Co-operative Banks; minimum CRAR (Capital to Risk-Weighted Assets Ratio) for them could vary from 9 per cent to 15 per cent.
- A Reserve Bank-appointed committee has suggested a four-tier structure for the urban cooperative banks (UCBs) depending upon the deposits and prescribed different capital adequacy and regulatory norms for them based on their sizes.
- The RBI committee said that UCBs can be split into four categories — Tier-1 with deposits up to Rs 100 crore; Tier-2 with deposits between Rs 100-Rs 1,000 crore, Tier-3 with deposits between Rs 1,000 crore to Rs 10,000 and Tier-4 with deposits of over Rs 10,000 crore.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by (Recently)
- Evaluate Bank Applications: Shyamala Gopinath
- RBI to set up Regulations Review Authority: M Rajeshwar Rao
- RBI set up a committee about Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARC) – Sudarshan Sen
- RBI set up a committee second Regulatory Review Authority (RRA 2.0): S Janaki Raman
- IFSCA constitutes an expert committee on Investment Funds headed by: Nilesh Shah
- Committee on “Variable Capital Company: K.P. Krishnan
Paytm & HDFC Bank tie-up to provide solutions across payment gateway
- HDFC Bank and Paytm have partnered to build comprehensive solutions across payment gateway, point of sale machines and credit products. This includes Paytm Postpaid which is a Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) solution, Eazy EMI and Flexi Pay.
- The partnership will also deliver enhanced SmartHub solutions to the market. HDFC Bank SmartHub solutions is an integrated platform offering merchants a one-stop solution shop for all their business needs payments.
Note: About HDFC Bank
- Headquarters : Mumbai, Maharashtra;
- MD and CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan;
- Tagline: We understand your world.
BJP Leader La Ganesan appointed as Manipur Governor
- Senior BJP leader from Tamil Nadu, La. Ganesan, has been appointed as the new Governor of Manipur with effect from August 23, 2021.
- The post was lying vacant after the retirement of Najma Heptulla on August 10, 2021. Since then Sikkim Governor Ganga Prasad was holding the additional charge of the position.
Note: List of Governor
- Assam: Shri Jagdish Mukhi
- Arunachal Pradesh: Retired Brigadier BD Mishra
- Meghalya: Satya Pal Malik
- Mizoram: Hari Babu Kambhampati
- Nagaland:N Ravi
- Tripura: Satyadev Narayan Arya
Shaili Singh bags Long Jump silver in WAU20 Championships
- Shaili Singh claimed the women’s Long Jump silver medal in the World Athletics U20 Championships on 24th August.
- Her slight wind-aided effort of 6.59m was only 1cm short of the gold medal jump by Sweden’s Maja Askag but her silver medal ensured that Indian athletics continues to showcase the progress it has been making.
- Until this edition, India had won a total of four medals in the World Athletics Junior Championships, with bronze medals for Discus Thrower Seema Antil (2002) and Navjeet Kaur Dhillon (2014) and gold medals for Javelin Thrower Neeraj Chopra (2016) and 400m runner Hima Das (2018).
India finalises deal with Russia to procure AK-103 rifles
- India has finalised a deal with Russia to buy a sizeable number of AK-103 series of assault rifles for the Indian Army under the provisions of emergency procurement.
- The Army is implementing a mega infantry modernisation programme under which a large number of light machine guns, battle carbines and assault rifles are being purchased to replace its ageing and obsolete weapons.
Note: About Russia
- Capital: Moscow
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Currency: Russian ruble
23-27 August: World Water Week 2021
- The World Water Week 2021 has been organised from 23-27 August, in entirely digital format. The World Water Week is an annual event organized by Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) since 1991 to address the global water issues and related concerns of international development.
- Theme 2021: ‘Building Resilience Faster’.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|