Current Affairs 24th December 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
PM Modi launched development projects worth Rs 2,095 crore in Varanasi, UP
- PM Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stones of 27 developmental projects worth Rs 2,095 crore including laying of the foundation stone for Banas Dairy in his parliamentary constituency Varanasi.
- Banas Dairy Sankul at UP State Industrial Development Authority Food Park, Karkhiyaon, Varanasi will be built at a cost of about Rs 475 crore and will have a facility for processing 5 lakh litre of milk per day.
- He also laid the foundation stone for Biogas based Electricity generation plant for the Milk Producers Cooperative Union Plant at Ramnagar.
- PM inaugurated the Union Education Ministry’s Inter-University Centre for Teachers Education, built at a cost of around Rs 107 crore, and a teachers’ education center at the Central Institute of Higher Tibetan Studies, built at a cost of over Rs 7 crore.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Hurun’s Global Unicorn Index 2021: India ranked 3rd; US topped
- As per the Global Unicorn Index 2021 report released by the Hurun Research Institute, India ranked at third (by adding 33 ‘unicorns’) in 2020 by displacing the United Kingdom (UK) to the 4th spot.
- The United States and China still continue to bag the top two ranks in the list by adding 254 and 74 unicorns, respectively. US, China comprise 74% of unicorns.
- Unicorns are privately held start-up companies having a valuation of more than $1 billion.
Top 5 countries:
|Rank||Country||No. of Unicorns|
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021
- 2021 Mercer CFS Global Pension Index (MCGPI) survey: 40th
- World Justice Project’s (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2021: 79th
- Global Drug Policy Index 2021: 18th
- Climate Change Performance Index 2022: 10th
- 2021 TRACE global Bribery Risk Rankings: 82nd
- World Talent Ranking report 2021: 56th
- Global Health Security Index 2021: 66th
- 5th Truecaller’s Global Spam & Scam Report 2021: 4th
Banking and Financial
REC Ltd signed agreement with KfW Development Bank to finance Power Sector & RE projects
- REC Limited (Rural Electrification Corporation Limited) signed an agreement with KfW Development Bank to avail an Official Development Assistance (ODA) term loan worth USD 169.5 million under the Indo-German bilateral partnership.
- Both organisations will jointly undertake various projects in Power sector & Renewable Energy (RE) projects.
- This is the fifth line of credit signed between KfW Bank and REC Limited to finance power sector projects and the third line of credit for financing renewable energy (RE) projects.
About REC Limited:
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 25 July 1969
- CMD: Sanjay Malhotra
GoI signed an agreement with EIB for 1st tranche loan of Euro 250 mn for Agra Metro Rail project
- The Government of India (GoI) signed an agreement with European Investment Bank (EIB) for a Finance Contract for the first tranche loan of Euro 250 million for Agra Metro Rail Project, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Project is working under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) and Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (UPMRCL) is the implementing agency.
- The EIB approved a total loan of Euro 450 million to fund the Agra Metro Rail Project. The project will improve mobility and provide support for planned urban development in Agra.
About European Investment Bank (EIB):
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: Luxembourg
- President: Werner Hoyer
Paytm Payments Bank partnered with MoneyGram to enable international fund transfer
- Paytm Payments Bank has partnered with MoneyGram, a peer-to-peer remittance company to enable international fund transfer directly to Paytm Wallet.
- Under the Partnership, MoneyGram users abroad can now transfer money to any full Know Your Customer (KYC)-compliant Paytm wallet.
- MoneyGram transactions in India received digitally stands at nearly 50 percent of all transactions received in the country.
About Paytm Payments Bank:
- Founded: 2015
- Headquarters: Noida, UP
- Founder & CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Appointment and Resignation
Sanjaya Kumar Mishra appointed as acting Chief Justice of the Uttarakhand High Court
- President of India has appointed Justice Sanjaya Kumar Mishra, the senior-most judge of Uttarakhand High Court has been appointed as the Acting Chief Justice of the Uttarakhand HC with effect from 24th December 2021.
- He was appointed following the retirement of Justice Raghvendra Singh Chauhan, CJ of Uttarakhand HC.
HO Suri appointed as MD & CEO of IFFCO-TOKIO General Insurance
- IFFCO-TOKIO General Insurance appointed H O Suri as new Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) effective October 1, 2021.
- Earlier, Suri was the financial advisor, head, internal audit & legal of the IFFCO-TOKIO General Insurance Company.
About IFFCO-TOKIO General Insurance Company:
- Founded: 2000
- Headquarters: Gurugram, Haryana
- Chairman: Srinivasa Gowda
Federal Bank & Vayana Network won the ‘Most Effective Bank-Fintech Partnership’ award at the IBSi-Global Fintech Innovation Awards 2021
- Vayana Network, one of India’s largest trade finance platforms, and Federal Bank, a leading Private Sector Bank have been awarded the ‘Most Effective Bank-Fintech Partnership: Agile and Adaptable’ at the IBSi-Global Fintech Innovation Awards 2021.
- The award was conferred in recognition of Vayana Network’s partnership with Federal Bank making Supply Chain Finance at ease.
About Federal Bank:
- Founded: 23 April 1931 (as Travancore Federal Bank) at Nedumpuram, Thiruvalla, 2 December 1949; 71 years ago (as Federal Bank)
- Headquarters: Aluva, Kerala
- MD & CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
- Tagline: Your Perfect Banking Partner
Anil Prakash Joshi, Vidyut Mohan and Ridhima Pandey won Mother Teresa Memorial Award 2021
- Environmentalist Dr Anil Prakash Joshi, who was conferred upon the Padma Bhushan this year, has been awarded the Mother Teresa Memorial Award for Social Justice 2021.
- Vidyut Mohan, the winner of the Earth shot Prize, and Ridhima Pandey, a young environmental activist from Uttarakhand, were also the recipients of the award.
- The Harmony Foundation identifies a theme each year for the Mother Teresa Memorial Awards and felicitates individuals and organisations who work in the realm of augmenting environmental sustainability.
Indian Army launched in-house messaging app ASIGMA
- The Indian Army launched a contemporary messaging application named ‘ASIGMA’ (Army Secure IndiGeneous Messaging Application).
- It is a new generation web-based application developed entirely in-house by a team of officers of the Corps of Signals of the Army.
- It works as an alternative to Army Wide Area Network (AWAN) messaging application which has been in service for the past 15 years.
About Indian Army:
- Founded: 1 April 1895
- Chief of the Army Staff: Manoj Mukund Naravane
India won Bronze in Men’s Hockey Asian Champions Trophy 2021
- Indian Men’s Hockey team under the Captaincy of Manpreet Singh won a bronze medal in the Men’s Asian Champions Trophy Hockey tournament 2021 in Dhaka, Bangladesh after defeating Pakistan.
- The Men’s Asian Champions Trophy Hockey Trophy 2021 was won by South Korea and silver for Japan. The tournament was held at Mawlana Bhashani Hockey Stadium, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Kanta Tanaka of Japan was declared the best player of the tournament while Suraj Karkera of India was adjudged the best goalkeeper. Jang Jonghyun of Korea was the top scorer with 10 goals in the tournament.
Anahat Singh became 1st Indian girl to win Junior US Open Squash tournament
- Indian teenager Anahat Singh has scripted history by winning the U-15 girls’ category of the prestigious Junior US Open Squash tournament in Philadelphia.
- The 13-year-old girl from Delhi overcame powerhouse Egypt’s Jayda Marei in the final match 11-9, 11-5, 8-11, 11-5 played at the Arlen Spectre Centre.
India will host Women’s Under-18 and Under-19 SAFF championships in 2022
- India will host Women’s Under-18 and Under-19 SAFF championships in 2022, as announced by All India Football Federation.
- While SAFF Under-18 Women’s Championship will be held from 3rd to 14th March and SAFF Under-19 Championship will take place from July 25 to August 3.
About South Asian Football Federation (SAFF):
- Founded: 1997
- Headquarters: Dhaka, Bangladesh
- President: Kazi Salahuddin
24 December: National Consumer Rights Day
- December 24 is observed every year in India as National Consumer Rights Day, also called National Consumer Day.
- On this day in 1986, the Consumer Protection Act 1986 received Presidential assent and thus came into force. World Consumer Rights Day is celebrated annually on March 15.
- Theme 2021: “Tackling Plastic Pollution”.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs