Current Affairs 24th January 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
India’s 1st para-badminton academy launched in Lucknow
- India’s first state-of-the-art, high-performance para-badminton academy with advanced equipment and facilities has been set up in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- The set-up will improve India’s medal prospects at the 2024 Paralympics to be held in Paris, France at Stade de France stadium.
- The badminton centre has been launched by the head national coach of the Indian para-badminton team, Gaurav Khanna, in association with Ageas Federal Life Insurance. He also unveiled the Ageas Federal ‘Quest for Fearless Shuttler programme to spot and nurture new talent for the 2028 and 2032 Paralympics.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
India’s First “District Good Governance Index” for 20 Districts released
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah has released India’s First District Good Governance Index for 20 Districts of UT of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The top 5 districts in the District Good Governance Index” are Jammu, Doda, Samba, Pulwama and Srinagar. J&K will become the first Union Territory in the country to have a Good Governance Index.
- The index was prepared by the Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG) and Jammu & Kashmir Institute of Management, Public Administration & Rural Development in association with the Centre for Good Governance, Hyderabad.
- Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha
- Formation (Union territory): 31 October 2019
NITI Aayog & RMI India released a report ‘Banking on Electric Vehicles in India’
- NITI Aayog in collaboration with Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI), and RMI India released a report titled ‘Banking on Electric Vehicles in India- A Blueprint for Inclusion of EVs in Priority Sector Lending Guidelines’.
- It has proposed the government to include Electric Vehicle (EVs) in the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) priority-sector lending (PSL) guidelines to boost retail lending for EVs and to support the decarbonization of road transport.
- This report said, banks and non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) in India have the potential to achieve an electric vehicle (EV) financing market size of Rs 40,000 crore by 2025 and Rs 3.7 lakh crore by 2030.
- Cumulative investment in India’s electric vehicle (EV) transition could be as large as INR 19.7 lakh crore ($US266 billion) between 2020 and 2030.
About NITI Aayog:
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
PM Modi will inaugurate 216-foot statue of Ramanujacharya ‘Statue of Equality’ in Hyderabad
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate a 216-foot statue of Ramanujacharyain a sitting position in Hyderabad on Feb 5, 2022, to celebrate the 1,000th birth anniversary of the saint.
- Ramanujacharya was an 11th-century saint and a revolutionary social reformer. The statue will be called as ‘Statue of Equality’.
- It is located in a 45-acre complex at Shamshabad on the outskirts of Hyderabad, Telangana. It is built at a cost of 1,000 crore, which was funded entirely by donations from devotees globally.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
India & Sri Lanka extended existing Science & Technology cooperation for 3 more years
- India-Sri Lanka 5th Joint Committee on Science & Technology Cooperation held virtually. During the meeting, India and Sri Lanka extended the existing Programme of Cooperation (POC) on S&T for three more years.
- This extension will focus on new areas such as waste-water technologies, biotech, sustainable agriculture, aerospace engineering, robotics, big data analytics, artificial intelligence, and industrial collaborations.
About Sri Lanka:
- Capital: Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Currency:Sri Lankan Rupee
- Prime Minister: Mahinda Rajapaksa
- President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
AIIB invested USD 150 million in the development of data centres serving Asia
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), a multilateral development bank has committed USD 150 million to invest in the development of data centres that mostly serve emerging Asia through the Keppel Data Centre Fund II (KDCF II), a closed-end private equity vehicle managed by Alpha Investment Partners Limited.
- This project is being AIIB’s 1st data centre project. India is a key founding member of AIIB.
- AIIB invested USD 100 million through a parallel fund structure and USD 50 million through co-investments in KDCF II. AIIB will invest in the fund as a Limited Partner.
List of Loan approved by AIIB in 2020-21
- $750 million -Help the government strengthen its battle against Covid-19
- $500 million-COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness Project”
- $145 million-Improve irrigation services in West Bengal
- $500 Million: Improve the network capacity, service quality and safety of the suburban railway system in Mumbai.
- $67 million: For the expansion of the Chennai Metro Rail System
- USD 150 Million: for the implementation of the Sustainable Urban Services Program (SUSP) for the Chennai Metropolitan Area.
Banking and Financial
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank launched ‘Platina Fixed Deposit’ Scheme
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank (SFB) launched ‘Platina Fixed Deposit’, offering interest of 15 basis points (bps) higher than the regular term deposit rates provided by Ujjivan SFB.
- The Platina FD is a non-callable deposit, where partial & premature withdrawal is not applicable. While the interest amount can be received on monthly, quarterly or at the end of the maturity period.
- The general FD for 990 days tenure gives 6.75% interest for general citizens and 7.50% for senior citizens, while Platina FD offers 6.90% & 7.65% interest rates
- FD limit – the minimum amount is ₹20 lakh and the maximum amount is ₹2 crores, with tenure ranging from 1 year to 5 years.
About Ujjivan Small Finance Bank:
- Founded: 2017
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- MD & CEO: Ittira Davis
Appointment and Resignation
Vinodanand Jha appointed new Chairperson to PMLA Adjudicating Authority
- Vinodanand Jha, a 1983-batch retired IRS officer has been appointed as the chairperson of the PMLA (Prevention of Money Laundering Act) Adjudicating Authority located in New Delhi.
- Jha has been serving as the Member (Finance and Accounts) in the Authority since September 2018. He was appointed to this post after he retired from service as the Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax in Pune.
- The three-member Authority is mandated to adjudicate the cases of attachment of assets orders issued under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and order for its continuity and further confiscation or release, considering the merits of the investigation.
Subhas Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2022 announced
- The government has announced the winners of ’Subhas Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar’ for the year 2022. A total of seven awards were presented during the ceremony.
- Gujarat Institute of Disaster Management (in the Institutional category)and Professor Vinod Sharma, Vice Chairman of Sikkim State Disaster Management Authority (in the Individual category) have been selected for the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar for their excellent work in Disaster Management for the year 2022.
- Award carries a cash prize of Rs. 51 lakh and certificate in case of an institution and 5 lakh and certificate in case of an individual.
- The Union government has instituted the annual award to recognize and honour the invaluable contribution and selfless service rendered by individuals and organizations in India in the field of disaster management.
Former PM of Japan Shinzo Abe honoured with Netaji Award 2022
- Former Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe has been conferred with Netaji Award 2022 by Netaji Research Bureau, based in Kolkata.
- The award was accepted by the Consul General of Japan in Kolkata, Nakamura Yutaka on behalf of Shinzo Abe. Satoshi Suzuki, the Japanese Ambassador to India, addressed the program remotely from New Delhi.
- Netaji award was presented on January 23, 2022, to commemorate the 125th birth anniversary celebration of legendary freedom fighter, Subhas Chandra Bose at his Elgin Road residence in Kolkata.
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese Yen
- Emperor: Naruhito
- Prime minister: Fumio Kishida
ISRO successfully tested liquid propellant-based Vikas engine for Gaganyaan mission
- Indian Space Research Organisation has successfully conducted a 25-second qualification test for its liquid propellant-based High Thrust Vikas engine which is to be used under the Gaganyaan mission.
- The test was conducted at the ISRO Propulsion Complex in Mahendragri, Tamil Nadu.
- The test was done to test the performance of the engine in optimal conditions, such as a change in the fuel-oxidiser ratio or pressure in the fuel chamber.
- These engines will be used in the launch vehicles which will carry Indian astronauts to space in 2023.
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Chairman: S Somanath
Syed Modi International Badminton tournament 2022: PV Sindhu won women’s singles title
- Ace Indian shuttler, PV Sindhu has bagged the women’s singles title at the Syed Modi International Tournament in Lucknow.
- Sindhu beat fellow Indian Malvika Bansod 21-13 21-16 to win her second Syed Modi title after 2017.
- The 2022 Syed Modi International badminton tournament was held at Babu Banarasi Das Indoor Stadium in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh from 18 to 23 January 2022.
|Women’s Singles||P.V. Sindhu|
|Men’s Singles||Final between Arnaud Merkle and Lucas Claerbout not held after one finalist tested Covid positive|
|Mixed Doubles||India’s Ishan Bhatnagar and Tanisha Crasto|
|Men’s Doubles||Man Wei Chong and Tee Kai Wun of Malaysia|
|Women’s Doubles||Malaysian pair Anna Ching Yik Cheong and Teoh Mei Xing|
Ladakh women’s team won the 9th IHAI National Women’s Ice Hockey Championship 2022
- The Ladakh women’s ice hockey team has won the 9th National women’s ice hockey championship in 2022.
- The championship organised by the Ice Hockey Association of India was held in the Kaza in tribal districts Lahaul and Spiti in Himachal Pradesh from 15th-21st January 2022.
- Chandigarh has been adjudged as the runner of the 2022 championship. Six teams from Delhi, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Chandigarh, Telangana and the Indo-Tibetan Border Police participated in the championship.
24 January: International Day of Education
- The International Day of Education is marked every year on 24 January globally to celebrate the role of education in bringing global peace and sustainable development.
- The first-ever International Day of Education was celebrated on 24 January 2019 as per the resolution passed by the United Nations General Assembly on December 3rd 2018 to celebrate the role of education in development.
- The celebration is led by the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Theme 2022: Changing Course, Transforming Education.
24 January: National Girl Child Day
- January 24 is celebrated as the National Girl Child Day in India every year. The day aims to focus on the inequalities faced by girls, to promote the education, health & nutrition of the girl child, and to spread awareness about the rights of a girl child.
- The day was observed for the first time in 2008 as an initiative by the Ministry of Women and Child Development and the Government of India.
- This year, the Ministry of Culture is organising an event called ‘Umang Rangoli Utsav’, as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
Renowned Footballer and Coach Subhas Bhowmick passed away
- Veteran Indian footballer and coach Subhas Bhowmick, who represented India at the Bronze medal winning 1970 Asian Games, passed away at the age of 71 due to prolonged illness.
- He represented the two famous football clubs of Kolkata named football East Bengal FC (Football Club) and Mohun Bagan AC (Athletic Club).
- He was a member of the Indian football team that won the Bronze medal in the Asian Games in 1970 and also a member of the 1974 Indian team in the Asian Games.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs