Current Affairs 24th June 2022 Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
PM Modi inaugurated ‘Vanijya Bhawan’, new premises of Commerce Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the new premises of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, ‘Vanijya Bhawan’ in New Delhi.
- He has also launched a new portal named NIRYAT (National Import-Export Record for Yearly Analysis of Trade).
- The new portal, NIRYAT (National Import-Export Record for Yearly Analysis of Trade), which is developed as a one-stop platform for stakeholders to get all necessary information related to India’s foreign trade.
- Vanijya Bhawan will be used by the two Departments under the Ministry, Department of Commerce and Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, DPIIT.
Andhra Pradesh signed an MoU with BYJU’s for government school kids
- Andhra Pradesh government has signed an MoU with BYJU’s to provide quality education to government school students.
- Objective – More efficient, quality – oriented and presentable.
- The government would provide tablets to approximately 4.7 lakh class VIII students at an estimated cost of Rs 500 crore for accessing the content formulated by the ed-tech company.
About Andhra Pradesh
- Capital – Amravati
- Chief Minister – YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
- Governor – Biswabhusan Harichandan
Delhi airport becomes India’s first to run entirely on renewable power
- Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport has becomes the first airport in the country to run completely on hydro and solar power.
- This is a part of the airport’s goal to achieve the “Net Zero Carbon Emissions Airport” target by 2030. Around 6% of the Delhi airport’s electricity requirement is met from the onsite solar power plants.
- The airport has adopted renewable energy use from the hydropower plant for its demand of the remaining 94%, thus ending its dependency on non-renewable power.
- This move will help the Delhi airport in the reduction of indirect energy emissions of up to 200,000 tonnes of CO2 every year.
- In 2015, the Cochin International Airport in Kerala became the first airport in the world to run solely using solar energy.
Union Minister G Kishan Reddy inaugurated ‘Jyotiramaya’ Festival
- Union Culture Minister G Kishan Reddy inaugurated Jyotiramaya Festival in New Delhi. It was organised on the occasion of World Music Day on 21 June 2022.
- The festival aims to raise awareness among attendees of the need of preserving both the production and playing of rare musical instruments
Sri Lanka revised minimum age for migrant domestic workers
- Sri Lanka has decided to revise the minimum age for migrant domestic workers on 21years for women.
- For Saudi Arabia the minimum age is 25 and for Middle Eastern countries are 23 and for all other countries is 21 years.
About Sri Lanka
- Legislative Capital – Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- Commercial capital – Colombo
- Currency – Sri Lankan Rupees
- Prime Minister – Ranil Wickremesinghe
- President – Gotabaya Rajapaksa
World Bank approved additional USD 250 million for Gujarat
- The World Bank has approved additional financing of USD 250 million for Outcomes for Accelerated Learning.
- It is a program which aims to improve education results for children across Gujarat state.
- This financing will benefit an additional 3,000 schools that have been disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
List of Loan approved by World Bank in 2021-22
- USD 150 million: Partial Guarantee Facility Agreement (PGFA) with Axis Bank for a partial guarantee programme
- USD 600 million: to Sri Lanka to make payments for essential imports
- USD 47 million: for the Mission Karmayogi, a national program to build civil service capacity
- USD 350 million: for SRESTHA-G project of Gujarat
- USD 30 billion: fund for food security crisis
Banking and Financial
South Indian Bank launched ‘SIB TF Online’
- South Indian Bank has launched a new portal for its corporate EXIM customers named ‘SIB TF Online’.
- This portal provides a platform for trade related payments to foreign entities remotely.
- In this portal, the customer can initiate the payment request over SIB TF Online after uploading the relevant supporting documents for the transaction.
- The bank plans to launch SIB TF Online in phases, with the initial version allowing three types of import remittances such as advance remittance for Imports, remittance against import bill received from overseas bank for collection and payment against Import documents received by the importer directly from overseas suppliers.
About South Indian Bank (SIB)
- Founded – 29 January 1929
- Headquarters – Thrissur, Kerala
- Chairman – Salim Gangadharan
- MD & CEO – Murali Ramakrishnan
CARD91 announced strategic partnership with RuPay & Yes Bank to create a card management system
- CARD91 has joined hands with RuPay and Yes Bank, to create a card management system.
- CARD91 is a global payment infrastructure powering business to business (B2B) payment announced a strategic partnership with YES BANK and RuPay, the flagship product of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- CARD91 will create a card management system that will allow companies to launch a variety of co-branded card instruments as well as maintain a real-time dashboard to generate insights. This will enable CARD91 to expand its presence in the Indian payments market.
- This partnership will help us offer businesses a simple and secure way to manage their payments, compatible with a wide range of payment networks across the country.
- Founded – 2020
- Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Co-founders – Ajay Pandey, Kush Srivastava & Vineet Saxena
Max Life launched life insurance savings plan with Policybazar
- Max Life Insurance Company Limited has launched the Max Life Smart Fixed return Digital Plan with Policybazaar.
- It is a non-linked, non-participating, individual life insurance savings plan.
- The plan offers guaranteed tax-free returns up to 6.14% along with life cover protection at monthly premiums as low as ₹3000 and is also available to purchase on Max Life’s website and Policybazaar.com.
- The offer helps customers meet short-term financial goals with minimum policy tenure of five years.
About Max Life Insurance Company Limited
- Founded– 2001
- Founder– Analjit Singh
- Headquarters – Gurugram, Haryana
- CEO– Prashant Tripathy
Freo offered saving account ‘Freo Save’ in partnership with Equitas Small Finance Bank
- Bengaluru-based neobanking platform Freo launched its digital savings account ‘Freo Save’ in partnership with Equitas Small Finance Bank
- With this launched, Freo has become the first consumer Neobank in the country to provide full stack neo banking products.
- Freo Save App is 100 percent digital with seamless Unified Payments Interface (UPI) integration which offers quick access to credit & shopping by providing up to 7 percent interest on customer savings for balances above Rs.5 lakh up to Rs.2 crore.
- The neobank is planning to open one million new accounts in the next ten months.
About Equitas Small Finance Bank
- Founded – 2016
- Headquarters – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- MD & CEO – Vasudevan P N
- Tagline – It’s Fun Banking
- Brand ambassador – Rani Rampal & Smriti Mandhana
AU Small Finance Bank launched innovative credit card “LIT (Live-It-Today)”
- AU Small Finance Bank has launched an innovative credit card.
- The AU Small Finance Bank LIT (Live-It-Today) Credit card offers a unique value proposition to cardholders-to choose the features they want and for the time period they want.
- LIT credit card offers five categories of features, including one or two lounge access per quarter (customer has to choose), milestone benefits, free membership to various OTT and lifestyle services, higher reward points for online and POS transactions and other smaller rewards, such as fuel surcharge waiver and cashback on grocery, among others.
About AU Small Finance Bank
- Founded- 1996
- Headquarters– Jaipur, Rajasthan
- MD & CEO – Sanjay Agarwal
- Tagline – Chalo Aage Badhe
Merger of PVR-INOX gets clearance from NSE and BSE
- PVR & INOX leisure have received clearance for their merger from bourses NSE and BSE.
- Swap ratio- 3:10 (3 shares of PVR for 10 shares of INOX)
- The combined entity will be named PVR INOX Ltd with the branding of existing screens to continue as PVR and INOX, respectively. New cinemas opened post the merger will be branded as PVR INOX.
- VR promoters will have a 62 per cent stake while INOX promoters will have a 16.66 per cent stake in the combined entity.
ISRO launched India’s Communication satellite ‘GSAT-24’ from French Guiana
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has successfully launched India’s Communication satellite ‘GSAT-24’ from Kourou in French Guiana.
- It is built by ISRO for NewSpace India Limited and it was launched by French company Arianespace.
- GSAT-24 is a 24-Ku band communication satellite weighing 4180 kg with pan-India coverage for meeting DTH application needs.
- It was the first “demand driven” communication satellite mission undertaken by NSIL post space sector reforms.
- NSIL, a Government of India company under the Department of Space, has leased the entire satellite capacity to Tata Play.
- GSAT-24 was launched on-board Ariane-V VA257 flight from the Guiana Space Centre, Europe’s spaceport in Kourou.
About Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Founded – 15 August 1969
- Headquarters – Bengalore, Karnataka
- Founder and 1st Chairman – Vikram Sarabhai
- 10th Chairman – S Somanath
South Korea launched its first satellite with a homegrown Nuri rocket into orbit
- South Korea has successfully launched satellites into orbit with its homegrown Nuri rocket.
- It was launched from the Naro Apace Center.
- This is a crucial step for the country’s space program expansion after a failed attempt last year.
- With this launch, South Korea becomes the 10th country to place a satellite with its own technology.
- Nuri is a three-stage rocket; more than 47 meter long and weighting 200000 kilograms.
- Development cost- USD 1.5 billion.
About South Korea
- Capital – Seoul
- Currency – Won
- President – Yoon Suk-yeol
- Prime Minister – Han Duck-soo
China launched new batch of 3 Yagon-35 remote sensing satellites
- China successfully launched 3 new remote satellite from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in China’s Sichuan Province.
- The satellites were launched as the second batch of the Yagon-35 family by a long March-2D carrier rocket and entered the planned orbit successfully.
- This launched marked the 424th mission for Long March series carrier rockets.
- The Long March carrier rockets series, developed by the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation, is responsible for about 96.4 percent of all the launch missions in China.
- The satellites will be mainly used to conduct science experiments, land resource surveys, yield information of agriculture products and disaster prevention and reduction.
- Capital – Being
- Currency – Renminbi (yuan)
- President – Xi Jinping
- India and China ‘Hand-in-Hand’ Exercise
Indian drone start-up Garuda Aerospace to set up plant in Malaysia
- Chennai based drone start up Garuda Aerospace has partnered with Malaysian Drone Solution Company to set up first international drone factory in Malaysia.
- It would be set up at an investment of Rs 115 crores.
- Garuda Aerospace is a drone-as-a-service (DaaS) startup.
- Capital – Kuala Lumpur
- Prime Minister – Ismail Sabri Yaakob
- President – Mahathir bin Mohamad
Book and Author
A book name ‘Ashtang Yoga’ by Sonu Phogat, released by Haryana CM
- Haryana CM, Manohar Lal Khattar has released a book titled Ashtang Yoga authored by Dr Sonu Phogat on 8th International Yoga Day.
- During the launch he announced that various programmes are being organised in Haryana.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor – Bandaru Dattatreya
22 June- World Rainforest Day
- World Rainforest Day is observed annually on 22 June.
- Objective- To highlight the importance of rainforests and raise awareness of the need for their conservation.
- The World Rainforests Day was first celebrated in 2017 by a non-profit named Rainforest Partnership that works towards conserving rainforests through effective collaboration of groups.
- The day recognises rainforests as a tool that can help fight climate change in the most powerful and cost-effective way. The day was also marked to trigger a global movement in saving the rainforests and restoring them.
- Theme 2022 – The Time is Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs