Daily GK Update 24 May 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 24 May 2021: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Cyclonic Storm Yaas to form in Bay of Bengal
- India Meteorological Department has informed that, Cyclone Yaas is likely to intensify into a very severe cyclonic storm, week after cyclone Tauktae had its landfall on the western coast of India.
- Cyclone Yaas is likely to affect the coastal parts of Odisha and West Bengal on May 26, 2021.
List of Cyclone/ Typhoon (Recently)
- Cyclone Sarai: Fiji
- Typhoon Kammuri: Philippines
- Typhoon Phanfone: Philippines
- Typhoon Faxai: Tokyo, Japan
- Typhoon hagibis: Japan
- Tropical cyclone Seroja: Australia
- Cyclone Taukate: Goa, Maharashtra
International (Current Affairs)
Israel and Palestinians Conflict
- Hostilities between Israel and the Palestinians are not new and have gone on for decades.
- This time things escalated since the start of the holy Muslim month of Ramadan in mid-April 2021,a squad of Israeli police officers entered the Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem with nightly clashes between police and Palestinians.
Mukesh Ambani Asia’s richest and Gautam Adani second richest persons
- Billionaire Gautam Adani has edged past Chinese tycoon Zhong Shanshan to become the second-richest Asian, according to the Bloomberg Billionaire Index.
- Ambani lost $175.5 million this year, Adani’s wealth surged by $32.7 billion to touch $66.5 billion, against Zhong’s $63.6 billion.
- Ambani’s total wealth now stands at $76.5 billion, making him the 13th richest in the world, followed by Adani at 14th.
|1||Jeff Bezos (US)||$189B|
|2||Elon Musk (US)||$163B|
|3||Bernard Arnault (France)||$162B|
|4||Bill Gates (US)||$142B|
|5||Mark Zuckerberg (US)||$119B|
|6||Warren Buffet (US)||$108B|
|7||Larry Page (US)||$106B|
|8||Sergey Brin (US)||$102B|
|9||Larry Ellison (US)||$91.2B|
|10||Steve Ballmer (US)||$89.2B|
|11||Francoise Bettercourt Meyers (France)||$87.2B|
|12||Amancio Ortega (Spain)||$82.4B|
|13||Mukesh Ambani (India)||$76.3B|
|14||Gautam Adani (India)||$67.6B|
|15||Zhong Shanshan (China)||$65.6B|
Banking & Financial
Kotak Mahindra Bank issues India’s first FPI licence to GIFT AIF
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has issued the first-ever foreign portfolio investor (FPI) licence to the GIFT IFSC alternative investment fund (AIF) of True Beacon Global. This is the first FPI licence issued to an AIF incorporated in GIFT IFSC by any custodian bank or designated depository participant (DDP) in the country.
- AIF is an important business vertical at GIFT IFSC and offers huge benefits and a competitive edge for setting up a fund in IFSC at GIFT City.
Note: About Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra;
- MD & CEO: Uday Kotak;
- Tagline: Let’s Make Money Simple.
Rajesh Bansal appointed as CEO of Reserve Bank Innovation Hub
- The Board of Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH) has appointed Rajesh Bansal as the chief executive officer (CEO) of the RBIH with effect from May 17, 2021, the RBIH said in a statement.
- The Reserve Bank Innovation Hub would develop internal infrastructure to promote fintech research and facilitate engagement with innovators and start-ups.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
- Deputy Governor : T Rabi Sankar
Kerala’s Shaji N.M. wins India Biodiversity Award 2021
- Shaji .N.M., fondly called as ‘Tuber Man’ of Kerala has been awarded the India Biodiversity Award 2021 in the individual category of ‘Conservation of domesticated species’.
- Mr. Shaji, who conserves a wide array of around 200 tuber crops including greater yam, lesser yam, elephant foot yam, arrow root, colocasia, sweet potato, cassava and Chinese potato in his farm has received State awards seven times for his efforts.
- He has also received the Plant Genome Savior Reward 2015, instituted by PPV&FR Authority, New Delhi.
Max Verstappen Won Monaco GP
- Max Verstappen won the Monaco Grand Prix for the first time to take the Formula One championship lead from Lewis Hamilton on 23rd May.
- Verstappen’s second win this season and 12th of his career moved the Red Bull driver four points ahead of Hamilton overall. Valtteri Bottas went from second place.
Note: List of 2021 F1 Race
- Bahrain F1 Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain)
- Emilia Romagna F1 Grand Prix: Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands)
- Portuguese Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
- Spanish Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
23rd May: World Turtle Day
- World Turtle Day was celebrated on May 23, 2021. It is observed to raise awareness among people about turtle & tortoise and their habitats. Celebration of the day is sponsored by a non-profit organisation “American Tortoise Rescue (ATR)” since 2000.
- Theme 2021– ‘Turtle Rocks!’.
24th May: Commonwealth Day
- The Commonwealth Day is celebrated on the second Monday in the month of March every year. However, in India another Commonwealth Day is also celebrated on May 24. Also known as the Empire Day, the Commonwealth Day commemorates the formation of the British Empire in India and other colonies of Britain.
- Theme 2021: Delivering a Common Future
Nuclear Scientist Srikumar Banerjee Passed Away
- Nuclear Scientist and former chairman of Atomic Energy Commission, SriKumar Banerjee passed away at 75 on May 23, 2021 due to heart attack after he recovered from COVID-19.
- He was a veteran nuclear scientist who led nuclear establishment when India and USA signed their nuclear deal and legislated Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage Bill.
- Click here for More Daily Gk updates
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|