Current Affairs 24th November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Indore’s Patalpani Railway Station renamed after Tribal Icon Tantya Bhil
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced the renaming of Indore’s Patalpani railway station after tribal icon Tantya Bhil, who was well known as ‘Indian Robin Hood’ by the tribals.
- CM also announced that 2 other landmarks, the Bhanwar Kuan intersection, and MR 10 bus stand, in Indore will also be named after Tantya Bhil. Bhanwar Kuan intersection and MR 10 bus stand, are being developed at a cost of Rs 53 crore.
Note: List of Some Important Renamed Place
- Airport in Ayodhya: Maryada Purshottam Shriram Airport.
- Gorewada International Zoo: Balasaheb Thackeray Gorewada International Zoological Park
- Mohali International Hockey Stadium: Olympian Balbir Singh Senior International Hockey Stadium.
- Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF): Indian Broadcasting and Digital Foundation (IBDF).
- Faizabad Railway Junction: Ayodhya Cantt
- MP’s Bhopal Habibganj railway station: Rani Kamlapati railway station
Home Minister Amit Shah laid foundation stone for ‘Rani Gaidinliu Tribal Freedom Fighters Museum’ in Manipur
- Home Minister Amit Shah will lay the foundation stone for setting up of Rani Gaidinliu Tribal Freedom Fighters Museum at Luangkao village in Tamenglong district of Manipur
- This project has been sanctioned by the Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs at an estimated cost of 15 crore rupees. Luangkao Village in Tamenglong District is the birthplace of renowned freedom fighter Rani Gaidinliu and decided to name the Museum as Rani Gaidinliu Tribal Freedom Fighters Museum.
- Capital: Imphal
- Chief minister: Biren Singh
- Governor: La Ganesan
NITI Aayog launched SDG Urban Index 2021-22; Shimla topped the Index
- NITI Aayog has released its first-ever Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Urban India Index. In which around 56 urban areas have been evaluated with 77 SDG indicators across 46 targets.
- Shimla, Coimbatore, Chandigarh, Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Panaji, Pune, Tiruchirappalli, Ahmedabad, and Nagpur are among the top 10 performing urban areas in the first SDG Urban India Index released by NITI Aayog.
- Dhanbad, Meerut, Itanagar, Guwahati, Patna, Jodhpur, Kohima, Agra, Kolkata, and Faridabad are among the bottom 10 performers.
- The SDG Urban index and a dashboard 2021-22 have been developed by NITI Aayog together with GIZ and BMZ under the Indo-German Development Cooperation.
About NITI Aayog:
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
Nicolae Ciuca nominated as the New PM of Romania
- The President of Romania, Klaus Iohannis nominated former army general Nicolae Ciuca as the new Prime Minister of the country.
- Nicolae Ciuca is currently serving as caretaker Defence Minister. He served in the U.S.-led military campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan. Nicolae will form a coalition government consisting of the National Liberal Party (NLP) and the Social Democrat Party (SDP).
- Capital: Bucharest
- Currency: Romanian leu
- President: Klaus Iohannis
Banking and Financial
RBI revealed a Draft Scheme for amalgamation of PMC Bank with Unity Small Finance Bank
- On November 22, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) revealed a draft scheme for amalgamating the Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank with the Delhi-based Unity Small Finance Bank Ltd (USFB).
- The suggestions and objections to the draft scheme are open till December 10, 2021. PMC Bank Limited based in Mumbai, Maharashtra was placed under All-Inclusive Directions under Sub-section (1) of Section 35-A read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation (BR) Act, 1949 on September 23, 2019, on account of fraud which led to a steep deterioration in its net worth.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
- Founded: April 1, 1935
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, T Rabi Sankar
SBI signed an MoU with Pondicherry Co-op Milk Producers’ Union Ltd to offer loan to Dairy Farmers
- The State bank of India (SBI) has signed an MoU with Pondicherry Co-op. Milk Producers’ Union Ltd (PONLAIT) for financing individual dairy farmers up to Rs 3 Lakh.
- The Loan will be made available through YONO application of the SBI Bank. SBI has introduced a technology product, named ‘SAFAL- Simple And Fast Agriculture Loan’ for financing individual Dairy farmers, who are supplying milk to commercial dairies on a regular basis.
About State Bank of India (SBI):
- Founded: 1 July 1955
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
- SBI MDs: Ashwani Bhatia, C.S. Setty, Swaminathan Janakiraman and Ashwini Kumar Tewari
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO): Charanjit Surinder Singh Attra
ICICI Bank launched ‘Trade Emerge’ online platform for Exporters and Importers
- Private sector lender ICICI Bank has launched an online platform called ‘Trade Emerge’ for Indian exporters and importers to offer them digital banking and value-added services.
- Trade Emerge is set up to obtain key registrations and licenses such as trade license, Importer Exporter Code (IEC), GST registration, and Registration Cum Membership Certificate issued by export promotion organizations or Commodity Boards of India.
- Aim: To increase the efficiency and productivity of exporters and importers by decongesting the time-taking physical procedures.
About ICICI Bank:
- Headquarters: Vadodara
- MD & CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Tagline: Hum Hai Na, Khayal Apka
Goldman Sachs projected India’s GDP growth at 9.1% in FY22
- Goldman Sachs in its recent Macro Outlook 2022 revised upward its projection for the gross domestic product (GDP) of India to 1 percent, from the earlier estimate of 8 percent for the calendar year 2022.
- For 2021-22 (FY22), it pegged economic growth at 8.5 percent. It has pegged the headline consumer price inflation in India at 5.8 percent year-on-year in 2022, from 5.2 percent in 2021.
Note: India GDP projected FY22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-3%
- Brickwork Ratings: 10-10.5%
- Economic Advisory Council to PM: 0-7.5% in FY23, 5% in FY22
S K Sohan Roy became 1st Indian to be honoured with Knighthood of Parte Guelfa
- Dr S K Sohan Roy from Kerala, CEO, and founder of Aries Group of Companies has become the first Indian to be honoured with the Knighthood of Parte Guelfa for his humanitarian and Environmental protection efforts in business and movies.
- The honorary title of “Knight of Parte Guelfa” has been conferred upon him during the conferring ceremony organized during the Investitures of Parte Guelfa of Annus Domini 2021 and was held at the Basilica of Santa Croce and the Palagio di Parte Guelfa in Florence, Italy.
49th International Emmy Awards 2021 announced
- The International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences announced the winners of the 49th International Emmy Awards (2021) at the Great Hall of Casa Cipriani in New York City, United States of America.
- The International Emmy Awards 2021 was hosted by actress and comedian Yvonne Orji.
- 1 Special Award (Directorate Award 2021) and 11 Emmy statues were presented during the event.
- Dr Thomas Bellut, Director General of German public broadcaster ZDF, one of Europe’s major and most renowned broadcasters has been honoured with the International Emmy Directorate Award 2021. Click here to check the complete list of winners
India, Maldives & Sri Lanka conducted biennial trilateral exercise ‘Dosti’
- The 5-day long, 15th edition of the Maldives, India, and Sri Lanka biennial Trilateral Exercise ‘Dosti’ was conducted in Maldives from 20-24 November 2021 as part of regional security formation for peaceful and stable Indian Ocean Region.
- The Exercise is conducted biennially among the Coast Guards of the 3 countries. This year marks the 30th year since the initiation of the exercise.
Indian Coast Guard vessels, Integrated Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Vajra and Apoorva along with Sri Lanka Coast Guard Ship (SLCGS) Suraksha Participated in the exercise.
Some Important Exercises of India:
- MITRA SHAKTI: Sri Lanka & India (Army)
- SLINEX: Sri Lanka & India (Navy)
- Ekuverin: Maldives & India (Army)
Jitendra Singh launched India’s 1st Virtual Science Lab for children under CSIR Jigyasa programme
- Science and Technology Minister, Jitendra Singh has launched India’s first Virtual Science Lab for Children under CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) Jigyasa Programme. These labs will connect students with scientists across the country.
- New facility will immensely benefit students from Kendriya Vidyalayas, Navodaya Vidyalayas, and Government Schools. The virtual lab would provide a virtual tour of CSIR laboratories and expose students to research infrastructure.
- Aim: To provide quality research exposure and innovative pedagogy for school students based on an online interactive medium.
- CSIR has also partnered with Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay to develop a Virtual Lab platform under Jigyasa programme.
Tamil Nadu won Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy 2021-22 by defeating Karnataka
- Tamil Nadu cricket team won their second consecutive and overall third Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy after defeating Karnataka in the finals that was held at Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi.
- Tamil Nadu Batsman Shahrukh Khan was named as the Man of the Match. In the Tournament, Vidarbha team’s bowler Akshay Karnewar created the World Record for the Most Economic figures in T20 cricket, for his 4 maiden overs bowled to produce figures of 4-4-0-2 against Manipur.
Book and Author
A Book titled “Conversations: India’s Leading Art Historian Engages with 101 themes, and More” authored by BN Goswamy
- Distinguished art historian & Padma Awardee Brijinder Nath Goswamy has authored a new book on Indian arts, titled “Conversations: India’s Leading Art Historian Engages with 101 themes, and More”.
- The book acquired by Penguin Random House India will be published in January 2022. In this book, B.N Goswamy explores a wide range of subjects on or around the arts.
B N Goswamy’s other books:
- Pahari Painting: The Family as the Basis of Style (1968)
- Painters at the Sikh Court (1975)
- Essence of Indian Art (1986)
- Wonders of a Golden Age: Painting at the Court of the Great Mughals (with Eberhard Fische, 1987)
- I See No Stranger: Early Sikh Art and Devotion (with Caron Smith, 2006)
- The Word is Sacred; Sacred is The Word: The Indian Manuscript Tradition (2006)
- Indian Paintings in the Sarabhai Foundation (2010)
24 November: Lachit Divas
- Lachit Divas (Lachit Day) is celebrated annually in the Indian state of Assam on November 24, to mark the birth anniversary of the legendary Ahom army general Lachit Borphukan.
- Lachit Borphukan was born on 24 November 1622 in Charaideo and is known for his military intelligence in the Battle of Saraighat, fought between the Ram Singh-led Mughal army and the Lachit Borphukan-led Ahom army in the year 1671 on the banks of the Brahmaputra River.
Former South Korean President Chun Doo-hwan passed away
- The former president of South Korea Chun Doo-hwan passed away at the age of 90 years due to heart failure in Seoul, South Korea.
- He belonged to the ‘Democratic Justice’ party. He became the 5th President of South Korea. He served as the President of the Democratic Justice Party for 1981 to 1987.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs