Current Affairs 25th January 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose’s grand hologram statue installed at India Gate
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled a grand statue of iconic freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chand Bose at India Gate, New Delhi. The size of the hologram statue is 28 feet in height and 6 feet in width.
- A grand statue, which will be made of granite, will replace the hologram statue once it is completed. The statue is being installed on the 125th birth anniversary as a tribute to the immense contribution of Netaji in the country’s freedom struggle and would be a symbol of the country’s indebtedness to him.
Kerala got its first-ever scientific bird atlas
- Kerala Bird Atlas (KBA), the first-of-its-kind State-level bird atlas in India, has created solid baseline data about the distribution and abundance of bird species across all major habitats, giving an impetus to futuristic studies
- It is being conducted as a citizen science-driven exercise with the participation of over 1,000 volunteers of the birdwatching community KBA has been prepared based on systematic surveys held twice over 60 days a year.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
President of Armenia Armen Sarkissian resigned
- The President of Armenia, Armen Sarkissian has resigned from his presidential position because his office was unable to influence policy during times of national crisis. He became President in 2018.
- Armenia’s political crisis followed the war between Armenia and its rival Azerbaijan for control of the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region.
- Armen Sarkissian served as prime minister between 1996 and 1997. He was Armenia’s ambassador to the UK when he was elected president in March 2018.
- Capital: Yerevan
- Currency: Armenian Dram
Banking and Financial
Centre announced 40-100% subsidy to popularize drone in agriculture
- Union Agriculture Ministry has amended guidelines of Sub-Mission on Agricultural Mechanization (SMAM) to provide 40-100% subsidy until March 2023 in purchasing drones for farm mechanization.
- After the amendment, a grant for the purchase of drones up to 100% of the cost of agriculture drones or ₹10 lakhs, whichever is less, can be given.
- Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institutes, Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) institutes, Krishi Vigyan Kendras, and State Agriculture Universities are entitled to receive 100% subsidy (Rs 10 lakh maximum).
- Agriculture graduates establishing Custom Hiring Centers (CHCs) are entitled to receive 50% subsidy (up to Rs 5 lakh).
- Existing CHCs or new ones, already or to be set up by a cooperative society of farmers, farmer producers organizations (FPOs), and rural entrepreneurs are entitled to receive 40% subsidy (maximum Rs 4 lakh).
MNRE announced to infuse ₹1,000 crores in SECI for financing renewable energy capacity
- Ministry of New and Renewable Ministry (MNRE) has announced to infuse ₹1,000 crores in Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
- It has been done to enhance the capital asset base of SECI. As per present RBI norms, agency can extend loans on 20% of its net worth.
- With the infusion of Rs 1000 crores in SECI, its network will increase, and hence it can extend more loans. With this additional capital infusion, the government aims at financing a renewable energy capacity of 3,300 MW.
About Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI):
- Established: 20th September 2011
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- Chairman: Indu Shekhar Chaturvedi
- Managing Director: Suman Sharma
World Bank approved USD 125 million loan to West Bengal for social protection services
- The World Bank has approved a loan of USD 125 million (around Rs 1,000 crore) to the government of West Bengal to support its effort towards social protection service access to the poor and vulnerable groups.
- The loan will be sanctioned under the ‘WB Building State Capability for Inclusive Social Protection’operation which will strengthen the access to social assistance and targeted service for poor and vulnerable groups.
- The WB government has been running a ‘government at your doorstep’ initiative named ‘Duare Sarkar’, the program which offers several government schemes’ benefits at the ‘doorstep’.
List of Loan approved by World Bank 2021
- $500 million- help boost India’s MSME sector
- $32 million-Improving healthcare services in Mizoram
- $250 Million: Initiatives of SALT Programme in AP
- $250 Million: Project to make existing dams safe and resilient
- $300 Million (Additional Loan): Maharashtra Rural Connectivity Improvement Project for upgrading rural roads
- $150 Million: Chennai’s Sustainable Urban Services
- $40 million: to strengthen health systems in Meghalaya
- Rs 770 crore: for Assam to promote river transportation
- $250 million: to improve quality of learning in Andhra Pradesh
- $135 million: to improve efficiency, reliability of electricity supply in West Bengal
Appointment and Resignation
Neeraj Chopra appointed as the brand ambassador of GoodDot
- Plant-based meat company GoodDot has roped in Neeraj Chopra as its brand ambassador. With this association, the company wants to create awareness about the new category of plant-based meats.
- It also wants to send out a message that small changes in lifestyle and food choices can go a long way in making the world a better place.
- The company provides alternatives to mutton, chicken, and eggs and is a Direct-to-consumer (D2C) player so far and sells also through online marketplaces like Amazon, Flipkart, etc.
PM conferred Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2022 on 29 Children
- PM Modi has conferred 29 Children with the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2022, from all regions of the country for their exceptional achievements.
- The PMRBP award is given by the Government of India to children with exceptional abilities and outstanding accomplishments in 6 categories i.e., Innovation (7), Social Service (4), Scholastic (1), Sports (8), Art & Culture (6) and Bravery (3).
- Digital certificates were given to winners of PMRBP 2021 and 2022 using Block Chain-driven technology developed by IIT Kanpur under the National Blockchain Project.
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs. 1,00,000/-.
Koozhangal won the best film award at 20th Dhaka International Film Festival
- P S Vinothraj directed film Koozhangal (Tamil) from India won the best film award in the Asian Film Competition category at the 20th Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF) 2022 in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Apart from this, four more Indian movies were included among 17 awards.
- Best actor award: Jayasurya for Ranjith Sankar-directed film Sunny.
- Best Script Writer Award: Indranil Roychowdhury and Sugata Sinha for India-Bangladesh film Mayar Jonjal.
- Special audience award was given to Aimee Baruah Directed film Semkhor.
International Cricket Council Awards 2021 announced
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced the winners of the 17th edition of ICC Awards for the year 2021 to recognise and honour the best international cricket players of the previous 12 months, between January 01, 2021, and December 31, 2021.
- Notably, these awards honour players for their performances for their respective national side in a year.
|ICC Umpire of the Year||Marais Erasmus|
|ICC Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Year||Mohammad Rizwan (Pakistan)|
|ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Year||Tammy Beaumont (England)|
|ICC Emerging Men’s Cricketer of the Year||Janneman Malan (South Africa)|
|ICC Emerging Women’s Cricketer of the Year||Fatima Sana (Pakistan)|
|ICC Men’s Associate Cricketer of the Year||Zeeshan Maqsood (Oman)|
|ICC Women’s Associate Cricketer of the Year||Andrea-Mae Zepeda (Austria)|
|ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year||Babar Azam (Pakistan)|
|ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year||Lizelle Lee (South Africa)|
|ICC Men’s Test Cricketer of the Year||Joe Root (England)|
|Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy for ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year||Smriti Mandhana (India)|
|Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Year||Shaheen Afridi (Pakistan)|
- Founded: 1909
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Chairman: Greg Barclay
- CEO: Geoff Allardice
NATO to hold 12-day maritime drills ‘Neptune Strike ’22’ in the Mediterranean Sea
- NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) members kick off 12-day maritime exercise titled as ‘Neptune Strike ’22’ in the Mediterranean Sea. Naval drill will conclude on February 4, 2022.
- NATO is an intergovernmental military alliance between 27 European countries, 2 North American countries, and 1 Eurasian country.
- Aim: to demonstrate NATO’s ability to integrate high-end maritime strike capabilities of an aircraft carrier strike group.
About North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO):
- Founded:4 April 1949
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
- Chairman of the NATO Military Committee: Admiral Rob Bauer
- Member countries: 30
25 January: National Voters Day
- National Voter’s Day or Rashtriya Matdata Diwas is celebrated every year on 25 January to encourage young voters to take part in the political process.
- In 2011, the first ever Voters’ Day was celebrated to mark Election Commission of India ‘s Foundation Day. The Election Commission of India was formed on January 25 in 1950.
- Theme 2022: ‘Making Elections Inclusive, Accessible and Participative’
25 January: National Tourism Day
- National Tourism Day is celebrated in India every year on 25 January to raise awareness and educate people about the importance of tourism and the role it plays in the Indian economy.
- The day is observed to cultivate awareness among the global community on the importance of tourism and its social, political, financial and cultural worth.
- Theme 2022: “Rural and Community Centric Tourism”
Noted historian, archaeologist & epigraphist Thiru R. Nagaswamy passed away
- Padma Bhushan awardee (2018) & Eminent Indian historian, archaeologist and epigraphist from Tamil Nadu, Ramachandran Nagaswamy (91 years) passed away.
- He was the first director of Tamil Nadu government’s Department of Archaeology. He was known for his work on temple inscriptions and art history of Tamil Nadu.
- He has authored more than 100 books and his latest book was ‘Senthamizh Naadum Pandbum’, published in January 2022. He was a great scholar in Tamil and Sanskrit and was known as the ‘Father of Tamil Archaeology’.
Attempt Current Affairs QUIZ
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Click here to Buy Bank & insurance Yearly Online Test Series
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP