Current Affairs 25th March 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Bihar became first state to implement dynamic map for villages to track land ownership
- Bihar as a part of its land reforms initiative, has introduced the concept of dynamic map for villages, which will get updated every time land ownership changes hands. The move is mainly aimed to curb the legal disputes regarding land.
- According to the Bihar government, the state has seen almost 37,000 cases of some land disputes since February 2021.
- The initiative is also in line with the mandate of the Bihar Land Mutation Amendment Bill, 2021 which makes mutation of maps mandatory.
- The mutation process will now pass through three stages – first, a change in the text; second, a change in the land parcel; and third, a modification of the survey map.
- Capital: Patna
- Chief minister: Nitish Kumar
- Governor: Phagu Chauhan
Yogi Adityanath took oath as Chief Minister of UP for 2nd time
- Yogi Adityanath has been sworn in as chief minister of Uttar Pradesh at Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium in Lucknow. He won the election from Gorakhpur (urban)
- Yogi Adityanath was also elected as the leader of the BJP Legislature Party in UP. Keshav Prasad Maurya and Brajesh Pathakalso took oath as the Deputy Chief Ministers in the new government.
- BJP-led alliance won273 of 403 seats in recent Assembly polls. The legislative party meeting was attended by Home Minister Amit Shah among other leaders.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Kerala Tourism launched 24/7 WhatsApp Chatbot ‘Maya’
- The Tourism Minister of Kerala, P A Mohamed Riyas launched ‘Maya’, a 24×7 working WhatsApp chatbot to provide information and updates related to the tourism ecosystem in Kerala.
- Billed as the first such service in the country, Maya shares all information on destinations, experiences, stay, travel, and a whole lot of details that will keep them updated about the places they travel through or stay in the State.
- To enable the chatbot, tourists have to send a ‘Hi’ to WhatsApp no: 7510512345 or by scanning the QR code to access the service.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
Cabinet approved MSP of Rs 4,750 per quintal of Raw Jute for 2022-23 season
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi approved an increase in the Minimum Support Price (MSP) of raw jute by Rs 250 to Rs 4,750 per quintal for the 2022-23 season to ensure a return of 60.53% overall India weighted average cost of production.
- The announced MSP of raw jute for the 2022-23 season is in line with the principle of fixing the MSP at a level of at least 1.5 times all India weighted average cost of production as announced by the Government in the Budget 2018-19.
- The CCEA also approved the extension of the applicability of the New Investment Policy (NIP)-2012 for three upcoming units of Hindustan Urvarak & Rasayan Limited (HURL) at Gorakhpur, Sindri, and Barauni.
About Jute Corporation of India (JCI):
- Founded: 1971
- Headquarters: Kolkata, West Bengal
- Parent Ministry: Ministry of Textiles
- Managing Director: Ajay Kumar Jolly
Banking and Financial
RBI allowed SBI Group to pick up to 9.99% stake in ICICI Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved State Bank of India Mutual Fund Limited (SBIFML), along with other SBI group companies, to acquire up to 9.99% equity capital in the ICICI Bank.
- The approval to SBI Mutual Fund is valid for a period of one year which is up to 22 March 2023. Earlier in December 2021, SBI Mutual Fund had a 5.72% stake in ICICI Bank.
- RBI instructed SBIFML to ensure that the SBI group’s shareholding remains below 10% at all times. The approval is subject to compliance with the provisions of the Banking Regulation Act 1949.
About ICICI Bank:
- Founded: 1955 (Incorporated in 1994)
- Headquarters: Vadodara
- MD & CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Chairperson: Girish Chandra Chaturvedi
- Executive Director: Anup Bagchi
- Tagline: Hum Hai Na, Khayal Apka
ICICI Lombard partnered with Airtel Payments Bank for smartphone insurance
- Airtel Payments Bank signed an agreement with ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company to provide smartphone insurance which offers financial protection against damages.
- It will boost the mobile insurance industry in India. Under the agreement, the mobile insurance amount equal to the purchase price of the smartphones will be provided.
- The smartphone price under the range of Rs 10,000 to Rs 1,00,000 will be considered. The customers have to pay a monthly premium of Rs 1,299 through the Airtel Thanks App and they will get the insurance on their own within 10 days of making the purchase.
- There is a provision for making two claims during the policy period, and it also includes free pickup & delivery, making it a unique offering in the market.
About Airtel Payments Bank:
- Founded: January 2017
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Managing Director & CEO: Anubrata Biswas
Appointment and Resignation
Pralay Mondal appointed interim MD & CEO of CSB Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of Pralay Mondal as the interim Managing Director and CEO of CSB Bank.
- Presently he is the Managing Director at CSB Bank. The post of MD and CEO at CSB Bank was lying vacant after its full-time MD and CEO, C V R Rajendran announces early retirement on health grounds (w.e.f March 31, 2022).
- RBI has approved the appointment of Pralay for three months from April 1, or till the appointment of a regular Managing Director and CEO of CSB Bank, whichever is earlier.
About CSB Bank:
- Founded: 26 November 1920
- Headquarters: Thrissur
- MD & CEO: Rajendran Chinna Veerappan
Karnataka Bank won ‘Best MSME Bank of the year – Winner’ award
- Karnataka Bank has bagged the ‘Best MSME Bank of the year – Winner’ award among private sector Banks at the 8th edition of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises’ Excellence Awards Ceremony and Summit instituted by ASSOCHAM at New Delhi.
- B Gopalakrishna Samaga, Deputy General Manager of Karnataka Bank received the award in the presence of Narayan T Rane, Union Minister of MSMEs.
- The Summit was organized under the theme “Enabling Indian MSMEs to Go Global”. Karnataka Bank, which has been focusing on the MSME sector with various digital products, has ensured the swift disposal of MSME credit proposals duly adhering to all quality standards.
- Best MSME Bank of the Year (PSU Category): Punjab National Bank
- Best Technology Enabler of the Year: Karur Vysya Bank Ltd
- Excellent Services of the Year: Satya MicroCapital Ltd
- “Excellent Services of the Year” – runner up: DCB Bank
About Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM):
- Founded: 1920
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- President: Vineet Agarwal
- Secretary-General: Deepak Sood
INS Shivaji’s marine engineering centre recognized as the Centre of Excellence in Marine Engineering
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has recognized INS Shivaji as the Centre of Excellence (CoE) in the field of Marine Engineering (ME).
- The Centre of Excellence in Marine Engineering was set up at the INS Shivaji in 2014 with a broad mandate of induction of niche technologies for naval applications, undertaking quality research in collaboration with academic and research and development institutes of repute, and providing engineering solutions for field-level issues.
- It was presented by Honorable Secretary MSDE, Rajesh Aggarwal to CMDE Arvind Rawal, Commanding Officer, INS Shivaji.
IIT Madras partnered with TCS to launch M.Tech in Industrial AI
- The Indian Institute of Technology Madras has partnered with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) to offer a web-based, user-friendly masters course, Tech in “Industrial AI” aimed at upskilling employees and incorporating AI applications to industrial concerns.
- IIT M will provide the 18-month programme, which was developed in collaboration with TCS, in a wholly online live teaching method via virtual classrooms. TCS students will make up the program’s initial cohort.
- Each subject in the programme will have a mid-term and a final examination conducted in online mode, besides project work. There will be a total of 28-30 hours of online classes per week with post-classroom activities.
About Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Limited:
- Founded: 1 April 1968
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- CEO: Rajesh Gopinathan
Book and Author
Home Minister unveiled the book chronicling journey of SII in producing Covishield, titled “The Shield: Covishield”, authored by Prakash Kumar Singh
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah unveiled the coffee table book titled “The Shield: Covishield” authored by Prakash Kumar Singh, Director, Government, and Regulatory Affairs at Serum Institute of India (SII).
- Adar C Poonawalla, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of SII was also present during the launch. The book encapsulates the journey of SII, the world’s largest vaccine manufacturer, in producing the COVID-19 vaccine ‘Covishield’.
- The book aims to introduce readers to the chronological journey of the Covishield vaccine from lab to people. The Covishield was developed by SII in collaboration with Oxford University and AstraZeneca.
About Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd. (SII):
- Founded: 1966
- Headquarters: Pune, Maharashtra
- Chairman and Managing Director: Dr. Cyrus S. Poonawalla
- CEO: Adar C. Poonawalla
25 March: International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members
- International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members is observed annually on 25 March by the United Nations.
- This is a day to mobilize action, demand justice, and reaffirm our commitment to safeguard UN workers and peacekeepers, as well as our non-governmental colleagues and the media.
- The International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members is marked each year on the anniversary of the abduction of Alec Collett, a former journalist who was working for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) when he was abducted by armed gunman in 1985. His body was finally found in Lebanon’s Bekaa Valley in 2009.
25 March: International Day of the Unborn Child
- International Day of the Unborn Child is observed on 25th March. It is an annual commemoration of unborn foetuses and is observed as a day of opposition to abortion.
- It was established by Pope John Paul II to coincide with the Feast of the Annunciation. In 1993, El Salvador became the first nation to officially celebrate what was called a Day of the Right to Be Born.
25 March: International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade
- Every year on March 25, the International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade is observed to honour and remember those who suffered and died at the hands of the terrible slavery system.
- This day was observed for the first time in 2008 after a December 2007 resolution.
- Theme 2022: “Stories of Courage: Resistance to Slavery and Unity against Racism”.
Former Chief Justice of India RC Lahoti passed away
- Former Chief Justice of India Ramesh Chandra Lahoti passed away at the age of 81 years.
- He was appointed as the 35th chief justice of India on June 1, 2004. He retired from the position after serving 17 months at the helm of the judiciary on November 1, 2005.
- Justice Lahoti also served as the former independent director on the board of directors of the Press Trust of India.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs