Current Affairs 25th November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Nirmala Sitharaman launched Tejasvini & Hausala schemes and Shikhar & Shikara Schemes in J&K
- Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharamanlaunched two schemes named ‘Tejasvini & Hausala schemes’ of J&K Bank for girls under 18-35 years of age to start their businesses and ‘Shikhar & Shikara’ schemes of Punjab National Bank (PNB) for development of tourism in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).
- Tejasvini scheme focuses on providing financial assistance of INR 5 lakh to girls between 18-35 years for starting their business. Shikhar scheme focuses on meeting credit requirements up to INR 2 crore for hotel, tour & tourism industry. Shikara scheme will prove credit up to INR 15 lakh for purchase/repair of Shikaras is provided in Kashmir valley.
- Aim: to promote entrepreneurship and boost employment in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Lieutenant Governor: Manoj Sinha
India & Nepal signed an MoU on Reciprocal Recognition of Covid Vaccination Certificate
- India and Nepal have signed an MoU for reciprocal recognition of the COVID-19 vaccination certificate to ease the travel of fully vaccinated people of both India and Nepal. This MoU is one of the COVID-19 related cooperation and coordination between India and Nepal.
- The MoU between the Health Ministers of India and Nepal was signed by Vinay M Kwatra, Indian Ambassador to Nepal and Secretary, Ministry of Health and Population, Government of Nepal at the ministry office, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
GoI & ADB signed USD 300 million loans to improve access to healthcare in urban areas
- The government of India has signed a loan agreement worth $300 million with Asian Development Bank (ADB) to strengthen and improve access to comprehensive primary health care in urban areas.
- This programme will be implemented in urban areas across 13 states. The project will benefit over 256 million urban dwellers including 51 million from slum areas will benefit from the project.
- The programme supports Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centres and PM Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana. The programme is supported by a $2 million technical assistance grant from ADB’s Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction for program implementation, capacity building, innovation, knowledge sharing across the healthcare system.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB):
- Founded: 19 December 1966
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
- Members: 68 countries
List of Loan approved by ADB in 2020-21
- $300 Million: Expand rural connectivity in Maharashtra
- $4.5 million: for Mizoram to support Urban Mobility
- $251 million: Integrated Urban Flood Management in Chennai
- $100 million: to promote agribusiness network, reduce food losses in Maharashtra
- $250 million: to support India’s National Industrial Corridor Development Program (NICDP).
- $61 Million: loan under ‘Agartala City Urban Development Project’
GoI, Andhra Pradesh signed an MoU worth $250 million loan with World Bank to improve quality of learning
- Government of India, Andhra Pradesh, and World Bank have signed legal agreements for $250 million for a project to improve the quality of learning for over 50 lakh students in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Students from all grades and stages of school education will benefit from the project.
- The project will benefit around 40 lakh students (between the age of 6 and 14) in over 45,000 Government schools, 10 lakh children (between the age of 3 and 6) enrolled in Anganwadis (Integrated Child Development Centers).
List of Loan approved by World Bank 2021
- $250 Million: Project to make existing dams safe and resilient
- $300 Million (Additional Loan): Maharashtra Rural Connectivity Improvement Project for upgrading rural roads
- $150 Million: Chennai’s Sustainable Urban Services
- $40 million: to strengthen health systems in Meghalaya
- Rs 770 crore: for Assam to promote river transportation
Banking and Financial
Equitas SFB partnered with HDFC Bank to offer co-branded credit cards
- Equitas Small Finance Bank (SFB) partnered with HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited) Bank to launch its new co-branded credit cards.
- Through this partnership, Equitas SFB will utilize the HDFC bank’s reach in the credit card market and also to provide its customers a better banking ecosystem.
- The credit card can be availed in two categories. The first category is the ‘Excite Credit Card’ which offers a credit limit from Rs 25,000 to Rs 2 lakh and the second category is the ‘Elegance Credit Card’ which offers a credit of over Rs 2 lakh.
About Equitas Small Finance Bank Ltd:
- Founded: 2016
- Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- MD & CEO: Vasudevan Pathangi Narasimhan
JP Morgan Chase named world’s most systemically important bank: Financial Stability Board
- JPMorgan Chase has once again been named the world’s most important bank to the health of the wider financial system, according to the 2021 list of Global Systemically Important Banks (G-SIBs) released by the Financial Stability Board (FSB).
- The Financial Stability Board (FSB), made up of regulators from G20 countries, in consultation with Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS), published its latest table of the world’s 30 most systemic banks.
- Previously, JPMorgan Chase had been named the world’s most systemic bank in 2019, and in 2020, it shared the title with HSBC and Citigroup.
NPCI Bharat BillPay onboarded Tata Power on ClickPay platform to facilitate automated electricity bill payments
- NPCI Bharat BillPay has on-boarded Tata Power on its platform through which customers of Tata Power to pay their monthly electricity bills through ClickPay payment link in a hassle-free and seamless manner.
- Tata Power is the first power company that will provide services on the NBBL ClickPay platform.
About National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) Bharat BillPay:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO: Nupur Chaturvedi
CCI approved FedEx India to acquire a stake in Delhivery
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of a minority stake in Delhivery Limited, India’s largest B2B & C2C Logistics Courier Service Provider, by FedEx Express Transportation and Supply Chain Services (India) Private Limited (FedEx India), logistics solutions in India under the American transportation giant FedEx Corp.
- CCI has also approved the acquisition of certain operating assets to the domestic business of FedEx India and TNT India Private Limited (TNT India) by Delhivery.
About Competition Commission of India (CCI):
- Founded:14th October 2003
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- Chairperson: Ashok Kumar Gupta
- Director-General: Dr Atul Verma
BOB Financial Solutions partnered with NPCI for RuPay credit cards
- BOB Financial Solutions (BFSL), a subsidiary of Bank of Baroda (BoB) has partnered with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch BoB Credit Cards (Easy and Premier variants) on the RuPay platform.
- Both Easy and Premier variants of BoB credit cards have been launched on the JCB International network and both cards support global acceptance. These cards come with benefits such as 5X reward points on select merchant categories, fuel surcharge waiver, pre-and post-purchase EMI offers, up to three complimentary add-on credit cards for family members and several exciting merchant offers enabled both by BFSL and NPCI.
About Bank of Baroda (BoB):
- Founded: 20 July 1908
- Headquarters: Vadodara, Gujarat
- Managing Director & CEO: Sanjiv Chadha
- Chairman: Hasmukh Adhia
- Tagline: India’s International Bank
37th India-Indonesia CORPAT exercise held in Indian Ocean
- The 37th edition of India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) is being held in the Indian Ocean region from 23-24 November 2021. CORPAT is held twice in a year to ensure safety and security. It was conducted for the first time in 2002.
- Indigenously built Indian Naval Ship (INS) Khanjar and Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft is participating in the CORPAT. Indonesian Naval Ship KRI Sultan Thaha Syaifuddin, (376) is participating from Indonesia.
Note: Some Important Exercise:
- Red Flag-India and US
- Al Nagah-India and Oman
- ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’-India and Oman
- Ekuverin-India and Maldives
- Garuda Shakti-India and Indonesia
- Desert Warrior- India and Egypt
NASA launched world’s 1st DART mission to crash spacecraft into asteroid on SpaceX Rocket
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has launched the world’s first Planetary Defence Mission “Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART)” to change the path of an asteroid “Didymos” by intentionally crashing a spacecraft into it with a speed of 24,000 kms per hour.
- The mission has a total worth of $325 million and was launched into orbit from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California atop a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.
- Aim: To slightly alter the trajectory of Dimorphos, a ‘moonlet’ around 525 feet (160 metres) wide that circles a much larger asteroid called Didymos (2,500 feet in diameter). The Didymos-Dimorphos pair orbit the Sun together.
- Founded: 1 October 1958
- Headquarters: Washington D.C., United States
- Administrator: Bill Nelson (14th Administrator)
Alexander Zverev has won 2021 ATP Finals title at Turin, Italy
- Alexander Zverev (Germany) has won the 2021 ATP Finals title, after defeating World No. 2 Daniil Medvedev (Russia) by 6-4, 6-4, in the men’s singles finals at Turin in Italy.
- This is Zverev’s second Nitto ATP Finals title, after winning the first in 2018. Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut of France clinched the men’s double title by defeating Rajeev Ram of US and Joe Salisbury of UK.
Book and Author
Maroof Raza authored a book titled “Contested Lands: India, China and the Boundary Dispute”
- Former Army Officer Maroof Raza has authored a new book titled “Contested Lands: India, China, and the Boundary Dispute”.
- The book features the history of India’s boundary making with Tibet and China and analyses the current India-China boundary contestation stemming from interpretations of history in the post-colonial period.
Maroof Raza’s other books:
- Kashmir’s Untold Story (co-authored with Iqbal Chand Malhotra)
- Shourya Gatha: Bharat Ke Veer Senani (co-authored with Lt. Col. Sheodan Singh)
- War Despatches 1971 (co-authored with Brig B.S. Mehta)
25 November: International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- The United Nations designated International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women is celebrated worldwide on November 25.
- The day is celebrated to raise awareness of the fact that women around the world are subject to various forms of violence and the true nature of the issue is often hidden.
- Theme 2021: “Orange the World: End Violence against Women Now!”
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs