Current Affairs 26th January 2022, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2022: Daily GK update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 5-6 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2022.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2022, Daily GK Update 2022. All the important updates based on current affairs 2022 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2022 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2022 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2022 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2022.
Mansukh Mandaviya launched revamped CGHS website and mobile app
- Union Health Minister, Mansukh Mandaviya has digitally launched revamped CGHS (Central Government Health Scheme) website and mobile app, ‘MyCGHS’.
- Revamped CGHS website linked with mobile app is an important and timely step towards catering to India’s increasing digital penetration.
- It has several updated features which shall hugely benefit more than 40 lakhs beneficiaries (both in-service and retired personnel) with real-time information.
India & Israel launched a commemorative logo to mark 30th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- India and Israel recently launched a commemorative logo to mark the 30 years of diplomatic relations.
- The logo has Ashoka Chakra and Star of David – the two symbols that adorn the national flags of both countries. It also has the numeral 30, featuring 30th anniversary of the countries.
- India officially recognized Israel in 1950. However, the diplomatic ties between the countries were established only in 1992. As of 2020, India is one of the 164 countries to have diplomatic ties with Israel.
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: Israeli Shekel
- President: Isaac Herzog
- Prime minister: Naftali Bennett
2021 Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI): India ranked 85th
- India’s rank improved one place to 85 among 180 countries in a corruption perception index (CPI) of 2021, according to a new report by Berlin, Germany-based non-governmental organization Transparency International which, however, raised concern over the country’s democratic status.
- Denmark, Finland, New Zealand topped the list with the highest score of 88.
- Norway with a Score of 85 came at the 4th rank.
- Among the 180 counties, South Sudan has ranked last on the index with the CPI score of 11.
- The index, which ranks 180 countries and territories by their perceived levels of public sector corruption according to experts and business people, uses a scale of 0 to 100, where 0 is highly corrupt and 100 is very clean.
- Among those with weak scores are some of the world’s most populous countries such as China (45) and India (40), and other large economies such as Indonesia (38), Pakistan (28) and Bangladesh (26), the report by the anti-corruption watchdog said.
- Except Bhutan, all of India’s neighbours are ranked below it. Pakistan dropped 16 spots in the index and was ranked at 140.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2021-22
- Global Drug Policy Index 2021: 18th
- Climate Change Performance Index 2022: 10th
- 2021 TRACE global Bribery Risk Rankings: 82nd
- World Talent Ranking report 2021: 56th
- Global Health Security Index 2021: 66th
- 5th Truecaller’s Global Spam & Scam Report 2021: 4th
- Hurun’s Global Unicorn Index 2021: 3rd; US topped
- “2019 Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs) Report: 3rd; Russia topped
- Henley Passport index 2022: 83; Japan & Singapore topped
Banking and Financial
Centre changed the spending norms for Contingency Fund of India
- Union government has changed spending norms for Contingency Fund of India. Budget 2021-22 had proposed to enhance the Contingency Fund of India to Rs 30,000 crore from Rs 500 crore, through Finance Bill.
- As per the new norm, an amount equivalent to 40 percent of the total Fund corpus has to be placed at the disposal of the secretary, ministry of finance (expenditure secretary), to meet the unforeseen expenditure.
- Beyond this limit, all other Contingency Fund releases has to be made with approval of secretary, department of economic affairs, after the approval of secretary, department of expenditure.
- The contingency fund of India is held by the department of economic affairs on behalf of President of India. It can be operated by executive action. The fund is used in case of disasters and related unforeseen expenditures. Funds can be withdrawn, after approval of the secretary of department of economic affairs, in accordance with Contingency Fund of India Act, 1950.
Govt approved draft scheme for amalgamation of PMC Bank with Unity Small Finance Bank
- Reserve Bank of India announced that the government has notified a draft scheme for amalgamation of Punjab & Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank with Unity Small Finance Bank (SFB).
- The amalgamation came into force with effect from date of the notification of the scheme, i.e., January 25, 2022. All the branches of PMC Bank will function as branches of Unity SFB, from this date.
- Final scheme envisages to start pay-outs for depositors with around Rs 5 lakh in balance within one year, as opposed to two years in the draft scheme.
- Unity SFB is promoted by Centrum Financial Services, in which BharatPe owner Resilient Innovation is a joint investor.
- Unity SFB is required to transfer the amount received from Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) to all eligible depositors of PMC Bank, within 90-day period. Amount will be equal to the balance in their deposit accounts, up to Rs 5 lakh.
About Unity Small Finance Bank (USFB):
- Founded:1st November 2021
- Headquarters:Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Independent Chairman: Vinod Rai
IMF cut India’s economic growth forecast to 9% for 2021-22 in its World Economic Outlook
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) in its World Economic Outlook released on January 25, 2022, said that India will grow at 9% in 2021-2022.
- Earlier in October 2021 estimate, IMF had estimated India’s growth prospects at 9.5% for the year. IMF now projects 7.1% growth for India’s economy in 2022-23.
- As per report, Global economic growth will decrease by half a percentage point less than it was forecasted earlier. The growth will decrease from 5.9% in 2021 to 4.4% in 2022. It will further reduce to 3.8% in 2023.
Note: India GDP projected FY22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-3%, 8.7% in 2022-23
- ICRA-9% in FY22 and FY23
- Fitch Ratings-8.4%
- RBI: 9.5%
Swiggy became decacorn with valuation of $10.7 billion
- Food-ordering and instant grocery delivery platform, Swiggy has signed a $700 million funding round led by asset manager Invesco. With this, the total valuation of Swiggy has reached to $10.7 billion i.e., it is now a decacorn.
- A decacorn is a startup with a valuation of more than $10 billion. Swiggy’s latest valuation is almost double that of Zomato before the latter went for its initial public offering. Zomato was valued at $5.4 billion before its IPO.
- Founded: July 2014, Bengaluru
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founders: Sriharsha Majety, Nandan Reddy, Rahul Jaimini
- CEO: Sriharsha Majety
Paytm partnered with Fullerton India to scale up digital lending to MSMEs
- Fullerton India and One97 Communications Limited, which owns the brand Paytm, have announced a partnership to provide lending products to merchant partners and consumers.
- With the partnership, the two established institutions will leverage data-driven insights and wide reach to bring credit to new-to-credit users. They aim to co-create innovative merchant loan products using customer payment behaviour and Fullerton’s years of experience of understanding of this segment.
- The program will offer Paytm Postpaid (buy-now-pay-later) to millions of consumers on the Paytm platform while utilizing Fullerton’s deep risk assessment capabilities and scale.
About Fullerton India:
- Founded: 1994
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO: Shantanu Mitra
Neeraj Chopra honoured with Param Vishisht Seva Medal
- Olympian Neeraj Chopra honoured with Param Vishisht Seva Medal on the eve of Republic Day by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- He is the first track and field athlete to win a gold medal for India at the Olympics. Neeraj is a Subedar in the Indian Army. He had enrolled in 4 Rajputana Rifles as a direct entry to Naib Subedar in 2016. He was chosen for training at the Mission Olympics Wing and Army Sports Institute in Pune.
- The Haryana state will also showcase the life-size replica of Tokyo Olympic gold medalist Neeraj Chopra in the form of a tableau during the 2022 Republic Day parade.
Assam government conferred ‘Asom Baibhav Award’ to Ratan Tata
- Government of Assam conferred its highest civilian award ‘Assam Baibhav’ on Industrialist Ratan Tata, on January 24, 2022.
- Assam governor Jagdish Mukhi conferred the award to the former chairman of Tata sons on 24 January 2022. The Assam government conferred ‘Asom Baibhav’ to Ratan Tata for his contribution to setting up cancer treatment facilities in the state.
- Assam Saurav award was conferred on Professor Dipak Chand Jain, Lovlina Borgohain, Professor Kamalendu Deb Krori, Dr Lakshmanan S, and Neel Pawan Baruah.
- Assam Gaurav award was conferred on Manoj Kumar Basumatary, Munindra Nath Ngatey, Dharanidhar Boro, Hemoprabha Chutia, Dr Basanta Hazarika, Kaushik Baruah, Khorsing Terang, Akash Jyoti Gogoi, Namita Kalita, Dr Asif Iqbal, Kalpana Boro, Boby Hazarika, and Bormita Momin.
Padma Awards 2022 announced
- On the eve of the country’s 73rd Republic Day, the Union Ministry of Home Affairs announced the Padma awards.
- Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan, and Padma Shri are the three categories of Padma awards. The award is intended to reward accomplishments in all professions or disciplines where public service is a factor.
- President has authorised the conferment of 128 Padma Awards, including two duo cases (the Award is considered as one in a dual case).
- There are four Padma Vibhushan awards, seventeen Padma Bhushan awards, and 107 Padma Shri awards on the list. There are 34 women among the awardees, as well as 10 foreigners/NRI/PIO/OCI and 13 posthumous Read the full list here
Lucknow IPL team to be called Lucknow Super Giants
- Lucknow’s IPL franchise, which is owned by Sanjiv Goenka (RPSG Group), has been renamed Lucknow Super Giants ahead of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 mega auction.
- Lucknow team roped-in KL Rahul as their captain and also roped in Australia all-rounder Marcus Stoinis and leg-spinner Ravi Bishnoi.
- The official IPL team of Lucknow crowdsourced its name from fans and consumer engagement campaign was launched on social media on 3rd Jan 2022.
- Founded: 2008
- Total Teams: 10 (from 2022)
- Next edition: 2022
- Most successful team: Mumbai Indians (5 titles)
25 January: Himachal Pradesh Statehood Day
- Himachal Pradesh celebrated its 52nd full statehood day on 25 January 2022. On December 18, 1970, the State of Himachal Pradesh Act was passed by Parliament, and the new State came into being on January 25, 1971.
- Himachal Pradesh became the 18th State of the Indian Union with Dr Yashwant Singh Parmar as its first chief minister.
26 January 2022: India celebrated 73rd Republic Day
- India celebrated the 73rd Republic Day on 26 January 2022. The celebrations this year are special as India is in the 75th year of Independence – being celebrated as ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
- Republic Day marks the date on which the Constitution of India came into effect on 26 January 1950. It replaced the Government of India Act (1935) as the governing document of India.
- According to the Ministry of Defence, for the first time, an Indian Air Force (IAF) will show grand flypast by 75 aircraft or helicopters. A drone show by 1,000 indigenously developed drones has been planned for the ‘Beating the Retreat’ ceremony, along with projection mapping will be shown for the first time.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs