Current Affairs 26th November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
PM Modi laid the foundation stone of Noida International Airport in Jewar, UP
- PM Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of Noida International Airport in Jewar, UP. Uttar Pradesh is poised to become the only state to have 5 international airports.
- It will be the 2nd international airport to come up in Delhi NCR after Indira Gandhi International Airport. Jewar airport will play a crucial role in helping the region attract huge investments, boost rapid industrial growth, and enable reach of local products to national-international markets.
- The airport has been developed by Zurich Airport International over 1,330 acres of land area.
5 international airports of UP:
- Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport (Amausi Airport): Lucknow
- Kushinagar International Airport: Kushinagar
- Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport (Babatpur Airport): Varanasi
- Noida International Airport: Jewar, Noida
- Ayodhya Airport: Ayodhya
Madhya Pradesh will create first cyber tehsil of India
- Madhya Pradesh Cabinet has approved the proposal to create cyber tehsils in the state of Madhya Pradesh. After this, MP will become the first state in the country to have a cyber tehsil.
- Cyber Tehsil will make the mutation process easy and people from anywhere in the state can avail of its benefit. With this, the process of conversion will become convenient in the cases of undisputed land.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Governor: Mangubhai C. Patel
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Cabinet extended PM Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana (PMGKAY) till March 2022
- Union Cabinet chaired by PM Modi has approved the extension of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana (PMGKAY) for another four months from December 2021 till March 2022.
- Under the scheme, all the beneficiaries covered under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) receive food grains @ 5 kg per person per month.
- The estimated additional food subsidy for Phase V of the scheme is of 53344.52 crores. The total food-grains outgo for PMGKAY Phase V will be about 163 LMT.
MakeMyTrip tied up with Civil Aviation Ministry to promote Regional Air Connectivity through UDAN Scheme
- MakeMyTrip partnered with the Ministry of Civil Aviation to promote regional air connectivity through the UDAN scheme. MakeMyTrip will now power UDAN flights on the ‘AirSewa portal’ and market them on its platform to promote its services.
- The Govt. has identified 21st October as UDAN Day, the day on which the scheme document was first released. Under Regional Connectivity Scheme UDAN 4.1 the Civil Aviation Ministry has approved 78 new routes. So far, 766 routes have been sanctioned under the UDAN scheme.
- Founded: 2000
- Headquarter: Gurugram, Haryana
- Founder & Group Executive Chairman: Deep Kalra
VP Venkaiah Naidu represented India at the 13th ASEM Summit
- The 13th edition of the ASEM (Asia-Europe Meeting) Summit has been organized from 25 to 26th November 2021. The Indian delegation is being led by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu through the virtual platform.
- The Summit will bring together countries in Asia and Europe to exchange views on regional and global issues and strengthen cooperation in a wide range of areas. ASEM grouping has 51 member countries, the European Union and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- Host: Cambodia as ASEM Chair.
- Theme: Strengthening Multilateralism for Shared Growth
Banking and Financial
ADB approved USD 1.5 bn loan to India for COVID-19 vaccine procurement
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $1.5 billion loan (approx Rs 11,185 crore) to help the Government of India purchase safe and effective vaccines against the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The fund will be used to procure at least 7 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses for an estimated 31.7 crore people of the country. The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank is expected to co-finance an additional USD 500 million for the project.
List of Loan approved by ADB in 2020-21
- $300 Million: Expand rural connectivity in Maharashtra
- $4.5 million: for Mizoram to support Urban Mobility
- $251 million: Integrated Urban Flood Management in Chennai
- $100 million: to promote agribusiness network, reduce food losses in Maharashtra
- $250 million: to support India’s National Industrial Corridor Development Program (NICDP)
- $61 Million: loan under ‘Agartala City Urban Development Project’
- USD 300 million: loan to improve access to healthcare in urban areas
Government changed the base year for Wage Rate Index (WRI) from 1963-65 to 2016
- Ministry of Labour has changed the base year for Wage Rate Index (WRI) from 1963-65 to 2016 on the recommendation of the Expert Group on Minimum Wages & National Floor Wages committee, headed by P. Mukherjee.
- New series of Wage Rate Index (WRI) from July 2016 to July 2020 based on the new series 2016=100 has been released by govt. A total of 37 industries have been covered in the new WRI basket (2016=100) as against 21 industries in the 1963-65=100 series.
- The New WRI Series with base 2016=100 would be compiled twice a year on a point-to-point half-yearly basis, as on 1st January and 1st July of every year.
Moody’s projected India’s GDP growth in FY22 at 9.3% and FY23 at 7.9%
- Moody’s Investors Service has fixed India’s GDP growth projection for the financial year 2021-22 (FY22) at 9.3 percent and for FY23 at 7.9 percent.
- It has expected a growth in the Indian economy due to the increasing rate of vaccination against the COVID-19 in India, which supports a sustained recovery in economic activity.
Note: India GDP projected FY22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-3%
- Brickwork Ratings: 10-10.5%
- Economic Advisory Council to PM: 0-7.5% in FY23, 5% in FY22
- Goldman Sachs: 9.1% in FY22
Union Bank of India entered into a co-lending partnership with CGCL to finance MSMEs
- Union Bank of India has entered into a co-lending partnership with Capri Global Capital Ltd (CGCL), an NBFC (Non-Banking Finance Company) focused on MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises), to enhance last-mile finance and drive financial inclusion to MSMEs by offering loans between Rs 10 lakh to Rs 1 crore.
- The partnership with CGCL is part of the bank’s strategy to support the MSMEs by providing tailor-made financial solutions and accelerating the growth of MSMEs in tier II and III markets.
About Union Bank of India:
- Founded: 1919
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Rajkiran Rai G
- Tagline: Good People to Bank with
Appointment and Resignation
Sourav Ganguly appointed as brand ambassador for Century LED’s Magik range
- Century LED Limited appointed renowned cricketer and 39th BCCI president, Sourav Ganguly as brand ambassador for its Magik range of LED (Light Emitting Diode) lighting products.
- Century LED Limited is a leading LED lights manufacturer in India which provides LED lighting solutions under the brand Magik.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Amway India: Amitabh Bachchan
- My11Circle: Mohammed Siraj
- Goodwill Ambassador of UN- World Food Programme: Daniel Brühl
- ICICI Prudential’s new digital campaign ‘Agar taiyaari sahi ho, toh jeet pakki hai’: Lovlina Borgohain
- Kids’ footwear brand Plaeto: Rahul Dravid
- TRIFED Aadi Mahotsav: MC Mary Kom
- Maharashtra COVID vaccination ambassador: Salman Khan
Indian Navy commissioned 4th Scorpene-class submarine INS Vela in Mumbai
- Indian Navy has commissioned indigenously builtScorpene-class submarine Vela at Mumbai’s Naval Dockyard.
- INS Vela is the fourth in Project 75 series, following Kalvari, Khanderi, and Karanj. It is expected to further boost Indian capability to defend and secure its strategic sea lanes.
- It was built by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd in collaboration with M/s Naval Group of France.
26 November: Constitution Day of India
- November 26 is observed as the Constitution Day of India, also called Samvidhan Divas or National Law Day. The day is celebrated to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India.
- On this day in 1949, the constitution was adopted which came into force on January 26, 1950, marking the beginning of a new era in the history of India.
- In order to promote “constitutional values amongst citizens” the union cabinet in May 2015 announced that November 26 will be observed as Constitution Day.
26 November: National Milk Day
- National Milk Day is celebrated on November 26, every year.
- The day is celebrated to honor Dr. Verghese Kurien, who is the father of India’s White Revolution. It marks his birth anniversary.
- To celebrate National Milk Day, the College of Dairy Science & Technology (CODST) and Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) are organizing “Milk Adulteration Testing Camp” on 25 and 26 November 2021.
Sahitya Akademi Award winning Poet Sananta Tanty passed away
- Sahitya Akademi Award-winning, Eminent Assamese poet Sananta Tantyhas passed away due to cancer in New Delhi.
- Some of his works include Ujjwal Nakshatrar Sondhanot, Moi Manuhar Amal Utsav, Nizor Biruddhey Sesh Prastab, and Moi.
- He won the Sahitya Akademi Award (Assamese) in 2018 for his collection of poems titled “Kailoir Dinto Amar Hobo”.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs