Current Affairs 26th October 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Goa became the 1st state to achieve ODF and Electricity for each household
- Goa has achieved Open Defecation Free (ODF) and Electricity for every household.
- The original ODF protocol was issued in the year 2016. According to it, a city or ward is notified as ODF city or ward if not a single person is found defecating in the open, at any point of the day.
- Goa has also become the first state to provide tap water to every household under the “Har Ghar Jal Mission”.
- Apart from that, Goa achieved a 100 percent target to provide free ration to the poor and needy.
- It has also completed 100 percent first dose of covid-19 vaccination.
- Capital: Panaji
- CM: Pramod Sawant
- Governor: S. Sreedharan Pillai
PM Modi launched ‘Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission’
- PM Narendra Modi has launched ‘Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission (ABHIM)’ worth Rs 64,180 crore from Uttar Pradesh’s Varanasi.
- Under this, 17,788 rural health and wellness centers in 10 high focus states will get support. 11,024 urban health and wellness centers will be established.
- Aim: to address gaps in public health infrastructure with a focus on critical care facilities and primary care in urban and rural areas.
UP Govt approved the renaming of Faizabad Railway Junction to Ayodhya Cantt
- The Uttar Pradesh (UP) government has approved the proposal to change the name of Faizabad railway junction to Ayodhya Cantt (Cantonment).
- The name of the Faizabad railway junction will be changed to Ayodhya Cantt after the approval of the Ministry of Railways.
- In 2018, the UP government renamed the districts Faizabad and Allahabad to Ayodhya and Prayagraj. In 2017, the central government approved its proposal to rename the Mughalsarai railway station as the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya station.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Note: List of Some Important Renamed Place
- Manduadih Station: ‘Banaras’ Station
- Hubli Railway Station: Siddharoodha Swamiji Railway Station
- Naugarh Railway Station: Siddharthnagar railway station
- Airport in Ayodhya: Maryada Purshottam Shriram Airport.
- Gorewada International Zoo: Balasaheb Thackeray Gorewada International Zoological Park
- Mohali International Hockey Stadium: Olympian Balbir Singh Senior International Hockey Stadium.
- Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF): Indian Broadcasting and Digital Foundation (IBDF).
India, UK, and Australia planned to jointly launch IRIS initiative at COP26
- India, Australia, and the UK in collaboration with small island developing states (SIDS) have planned to launch ‘Infrastructure for Resilient Island States (IRIS)’, on the sidelines of the Conference of Parties (COP26).
- It aims at creating an infrastructure that can withstand disasters and lessen economic losses in island nations.
- It will be launched with an initial funding of $10 million from Australia, India, UK. 2021 COP26 is scheduled to take place from Oct 31 to Nov 12, 2021, at Glasgow.
“Invest India” elected as The President of WAIPA
- Invest India, a young ‘start-up’ within the Government of India has been unanimously elected as the President of the World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA) for 2021-2023.
- WAIPA is the primary nodal global agency for Investment Promotion Agencies (IPA), representing 105 countries.
- As WAIPA President, Invest India shall be guided by Prime Minister Modi’s vision of Vasudaiva Kutumbakam (‘the whole world is my family’ in Sanskrit) to promote prosperity for all through sustainable investment.
WAIPA’s Steering Committee for 2021-23:
- President: Invest India
- Two Vice Presidents: Egypt and Switzerland.
- Nine Regional Directors: Brazil, South Korea, Finland, Kuwait, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Azerbaijan, Ghana, and Samoa.
About World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA):
- Founded: 1995, Under UNCTAD (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development)
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
Banking and Financial
National Steering Committee for NIPUN Bharat Mission setup by govt; headed by Dharmendra Pradhan
- Department of School Education and Literacy has constituted the National Steering Committee (NSC) for the implementation of the NIPUN Bharat Mission.
- It seeks to develop a methodology of assessment to analyze the progress of education and provide feedback to States/UTs.
- Aim: To achieve the goal of universal proficiency in foundational literacy and numeracy for every child by end of Class 3 by 2026-27.
- Chairperson: Dharmendra Pradhan
- Vice Chairperson: Annpurna Devi
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Committee on “Variable Capital Company: K.P. Krishnan
- Suggests 4-tier structure for Urban Co-operative Banks: S. Vishwanathan
- RBI to setup committee on NUE licenses: P. Vasudevan
- Framing a new law for drugs, cosmetics and medical devices: Dr V G Somani
- IFSCA Constitutes an Expert panel on Sustainable Finance: K. Mishra.
- SEBI formed 4-Member Advisory Committee on Settlement Orders: Vijay C Daga
- Working Group Constituted to overhaul Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY): Ritesh Chauhan
- Expert Group by MoHFW on Tobacco Tax Policy: Vikas Sheel
- Empowered Group of Secretaries (EGOS) to review and monitor the implementation of the PM GatiShakti NMP: Rajiv Gauba
Union Bank partnered with CDAC to launch 1st of its kind initiative on Cyber Security Awareness
- In October 2021, the Union Bank of India (UBI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Hyderabad to launch a 1st of its kind initiative on Cyber Security Awareness.
- CDAC will assist UBI in educating its employees & customers with awareness on Cyber Security & tips to protect themselves from Cyber fraud.
- The Bank has previously launched an e-book & an online game ‘Spin-N-Learn’, as a part of National Cyber Security Awareness Month (October).
About Union Bank of India:
- Founded: 1919
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Rajkiran Rai G
- Tagline: Good People to Bank with
Tsitsi Dangarembga became 1st Black Woman to win Peace Prize of the German Book Trade 2021
- 2021 Peace Prize of the German Book Trade has been awarded to the Zimbabwean author and a filmmaker Tsitsi Dangarembga for a “new Enlightenment”, a work on violence in her country and all over the world by Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels, an association of German book publishers and book sellers.
- Dangarembga is the first black woman to win German Peace Prize. She has won the PEN Pinter prize 2021.
- Her debut novel, Nervous conditions was the first to be published in English by black women from Zimbabwe.
About German Peace Prize:
- Awarded by: Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels, the German Publishers and Booksellers Association, Germany
- Prize money: 25,000 euros
South Korea launched its first homegrown space rocket named “Nuri”
- South Korea has launched its first homegrown rocket, stepping up the country’s ambitions in space
- The Korean Satellite Launch Vehicle II (known as Nuri) took off from Goheung, about 500km south of Seoul.
- Nuri cost South Korea an estimated 2 trillion won $1.6 billion to develop.
About South Korea:
- Capital: Seoul
- Currency: South Korean won
- President: Moon Jae-in
IPL 2022: Ahmedabad and Lucknow became the two new franchises
- Ahmedabad and Lucknow are the two new teams that will be part of the Indian Premier League (IPL) from Hence taking the total number of teams in the competition to ten.
- RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group (RPSG) is the owner of the Lucknow team while CVC Capital Partners is the owner of the Ahmedabad team.
- RPSG group has won the bid for Lucknow at 7090 crores, while CVC Capitals a.k.a Irelia has won the bid for Ahmedabad at Rs. 5625 crores.
- Founded: 2008
- Total Teams: 10 (from 2022)
- Next edition: 2022
- Most successful team: Mumbai Indians (5 titles)
Fabio Quartararo won MotoGP Title 2021
- Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP’s Fabio Quartararo became the ‘’2021 MotoGP World Champion’’.
- Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) secured second and Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar), finished third.
Book and Author
Chidanand Rajghatta authored a new Book titled “Kamala Harris: Phenomenal Woman”
- Renowned journalist and writer Chidanand Rajghatta have authored a new book “Kamala Harris: Phenomenal Woman”, a biography of Kamala Harris, the first women Vice President of the United States of America (USA).
- The book features the life incidents of Kamala Harris, a woman of mixed race (India and Jamaica) who has become the first Indian descent, the first woman to become the vice president of the USA.
Chidanand Rajghatta books:
- The Horse That Flew: How India’s Silicon Gurus Spread Their Wings
- IlliberalIndia: Gauri Lankesh and the Age of Unreason.
24-31 October: Global Media and Information Literacy Week 2021
- Global Media and Information Literacy (MIL) Week 2021 is being celebrated between 24th to 31st October 2021. This year will mark the 11th annual observance of the event.
- The host for 2021 Global Media and Information Literacy Week will be South Africa. UNESCO will co-organize the event.
- Theme 2021: Media and Information Literacy for the Public Good.
24 October: Indo-Tibetan Border Police Raising Day
- The Indo-Tibetan border Police (ITBP), India’s primary border patrol organization, under the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) celebrated its 60th raising day on October 24, 2021.
- ITBP celebrates its raising day annually on October 24 since its establishment during the India-China war, 1962.
- ITBP was initially raised under the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Act,1949. However, in 1992, parliament enacted the ITBPF Act and they came into force with rules in 1994.
About Indo-Tibetan border Police (ITBP):
- Formed: October 24, 1962
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- Director-General: Sanjay Arora
Attempt Current Affairs QUIZ
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Click here to Buy Bank & insurance Yearly Online Test Series
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP