Current Affairs 27th and 28th November 2021, Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021: Daily Gk update is the most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs are generally asked from the last 4-5 months, so here, Ambitious Baba regularly updates the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021.
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams, then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article.
All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on a daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways, SBI Clerk 2021 State, and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
Cherry Blossom Festival 2021 celebrated in Shillong, Meghalaya
- The three-day Shillong Cherry Blossom Festival 2021 was inaugurated by Chief Minister of Meghalaya, Conrad K Sangma, and Ambassador of Japan to India, Satoshi Suzuki.
- It was celebrated from November 25 to 27. The festival was held in two venues, Ward’s Lake and Polo Grounds in Meghalaya.
- The annual festival coincides with the actual blooming of the cherry blossom flowers. It is also known as the Prunus Cerasoides, these flowers underline the Himalayas and cover the east and west Khasi hills.
5 Popular Festivals of Meghalaya:
- Nongkrem Dance Festival
- Wangala Festival
- Behdeinkhlam Festival
- Shad Sukra
Madhya Pradesh CM launched “Urja Saksharta Abhiyan” & 3 solar power projects of 1500-MW capacity
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chauhan launched ‘Urja Saksharta Abhiyan’ to make all the citizens aware about energy saving, according to a time-bound action plan.
- The schools, colleges, and general public of the state will be connected under this campaign. With this launch, MP has become the first state in India to run an energy literacy campaign on a big scale.
- Shivraj Singh Chauhan has also laid the foundation stones for setting up three solar power plants of 1500-megawatt capacity in Shajapur, Agar, and Neemuch.
- Total outlay of the project: Rs 5,250 crore. MP is moving forward to complete the target of meeting 50% of the country’s energy requirements with solar energy by 2030.
Recent Madhya Pradesh govt schemes:
- Launchpad Scheme
- Pankh Abhiyan
- Sickle Cell Mission
- Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu-dhikar Yojana
- Mukhyamantri Ration Aapke Dwar Yojna
- Mukhya Mantri Udyam Kranti Yojana
UNICEF & Odisha Water Resource Department signed LoA for water management
- Department of Water Resources (DoWR), Odisha and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) signed a letter of agreement (LoA) to collaborate on communication and policy initiatives of the department.
- Aim: To develop high-impact communication materials and water policy that helps to ensure a change in behaviour of children and women on sustainable water use and conservation.
- ‘Youth4Water’ website has been launched for water conservation through greater community engagement in matters of water governance, water conservation and keeping water clean.
- ‘Youth4Water’ and ‘Mo Nadi’ campaigns are the key features of the collaboration with UNICEF for Rethinking State water policy, development of Water and Land Management Institute (WALMI) as a centre of excellence.
- Founded: 11 December 1946, New York, United States
- Headquarters: New York, USA
- Executive Director: Henrietta Holsman Fore
- President: Tore Hattrem
National Apprenticeship Training Scheme (NATS) extended for 5 years
- Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for the continuation of the National Apprenticeship Training Scheme for the next five years.
- Cabinet gave approval for stipendiary support of 3 thousand 54 crore rupees to apprentices who undergo apprenticeship training under the National Apprenticeship Training Scheme. Approval was given for the period from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- Under it, industry & commercial organizations will train approximately nine lakhs’ apprentices.
NITI Aayog’s Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) 2021: Bihar, Jharkhand, UP poorest states in India
- Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, and Meghalaya have emerged as the poorest states in India, according to NITI Aayog’s Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI).
- India’s first-ever national MPI measure is based on the reference period of 2015-16 of the National Family Health Survey (NFHS). The multidimensional Poverty Index measure has been constructed by utilising 12 key components which cover areas such as health and nutrition, education and standard of living.
- According to the report, India’s national MPI measure uses the globally accepted and robust methodology developed by the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
|Top 5||Bihar (51.91%)|
|Uttar Pradesh (37.79%)|
|Madhya Pradesh (36.65%)|
|Bottom 5||Kerala (0.71%)|
|Tamil Nadu (4.89%)|
About NITI Aayog:
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
Rajnath Singh inaugurated 5th World Congress on Disaster Management
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has virtually inaugurated the 5th World Congress on Disaster Management (WCDM). It is an initiative of Disaster Management Initiatives and Convergence Society (DMICS), Hyderabad.
- The event has been organized between 24th to 27th November 2021at the campus of IIT Delhi. The first WCDM was held in 2008 in Hyderabad and inaugurated by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam.
- The theme of the 5th WCDM: ‘Technology, Finance, and Capacity for Building Resilience to Disasters in the context of COVID-19’.
Kantar’s BrandZ India report 2021: Amazon, Asian Paints, Tata Tea topped India’s Most Purposeful Brand Rankings
- According to Kantar’s BrandZ India 2021 report, Amazon, Tata Tea and Asian Paints emerged as the most purposeful brands in India across technology, FMCG, and non-FMCG categories respectively.
- In technology ranking Amazonleads the index followed by Zomato, YouTube, and Google, and Swiggy jointly in 4th place.
- While Asian Paints topped the non-FMCG rankings, Samsung and Jio ranked jointly in the 2nd position, followed by MRF. The FMCG category rankings saw Tata Tea topping the chart, Surf Excel in 2nd position.
India’s Top 5 Most Purposeful Brands:
|Rank||Most Purposeful Technology Brands||Most Purposeful FMCG Brands||Most Purposeful Non-FMCG Brands|
|1||Amazon||Tata Tea||Asian Paints|
|Samsung & Jio|
|3||YouTube||Taj Mahal (tea brand)||MRF|
|4||Google & Swiggy||Parachute & Maggi||Tata Housing|
Germany announced 1.2 billion Euro to aid India’s fight against climate change
- Germany has announced new development commitments of around Euro 1.2 billion (approx. Rs 10,025 crore) aid to India, in support of India’s fight against climate change. This fund will also be used for cooperation on clean energy.
- Under its commitments, Germany allotted €713 million for energy, €409 million for urban development, and €90 million for agroecology & natural resources. These projects will support India’s targets to expand solar power generation.
- Capital: Berlin
- Currency: Euro
- President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
Sheikh Sabah Al-Khalid reappointed as Prime Minister of Kuwait
- Kuwait reappointed Sheikh Sabah Al-Khalid Al-Sabah as the Prime Minister of the country, he has already been the PM since 2019.
- He was reappointed by an Emiri order (Head of the State) issued by Crown Prince Sheikh Mishal Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah.
- Capital: Kuwait City
- Currency: Dinar
Banking and Financial
Government formed ‘Central Vista Oversight Committee’ to expedite pace of project; headed by Ratan P Watal
- The Union government formed a high-level ‘Central Vista Oversight Committee’ for 2 years to monitor and expedite the pace of the
- The committee will be headed by former finance secretary Ratan P Watal. It includes P K Tiwari, Shailendra Roy, Professor Mausam and a member and the Joint Secretary MoHUA as the convener.
- The committee will ensure multi-agency, multi-stakeholder coordination for seamless integration of different project works.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- National Steering Committee for NIPUN Bharat Mission: Dharmendra Pradhan
- SC’s committee to Probe unauthorized surveillance using Pegasus in India: R V Raveendran
- Reconstituted Economic Advisory Council to the PM: Bibek Debroy
- SEBI formed IT Projects Advisory Committee (IT-PAC): Abhay Karandikar
- SEBI reconstituted Technical Advisory Committee: Deepak B Phatak
- Technology Innovation Group on 6G formed by DoT: K Rajaraman
- Committee to determine RoDTEP rates for exports from SEZs, EOUs: Gopal Krishna Pillai
RBI imposed monetary penalty of Rs. 1 crore on State Bank of India
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 1 crore on the country’s largest lender, State Bank of India (SBI) for holding shares in the borrower companies of an amount exceeding 30 percent of the paid-up share capital of those companies.
- The RBI imposed the penalty for the contravention of sub-section (2) of section 19 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, according to its statement on November 26.
List of Banks who has been imposed penalty by RBI Recently
- RBI fined Axis Bank Rs 5 crore for non-compliance with certain rules
- RBI imposed penalty of Rs 50.35 lakh on Janalaxmi Co-operative Bank
- RBI imposed Rs 25 lakh fine on Axis Bank for flouting KYC norms
- RBI imposed Rs 2 crore penalty on RBL Bank for breaching deposit, board composition norms
- RBI imposed Rs 1 crore penalty on SBI for non-compliance
- RBI imposed a fine of Rs 1.95 crores on Standard Chartered Bank
- RBI imposed ₹1 crore penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
YES Bank partnered With Amazon Pay, AWS for UPI services
- Yes Bank has collaborated with Amazon Pay and Amazon Web Services (AWS) to offer customers an instant real-time payment system through a Unified Payment Interface (UPI) transaction facility.
- The integration enables Amazon Pay to issue UPI IDs with the @yapl handle, allowing customers to make secure, fast, and convenient payments.
- Based on a multi-bank model, this collaboration allows Yes Bank to acquire merchants through the Amazon Pay platform.
About Yes Bank:
- Founded: 2004
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Tagline: Experience Our Expertise
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance tied up with TropoGo for Drone Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance announced its partnership with deep-tech startup TropoGo for the distribution of a drone Insurance product.
- With this Bajaj Allianz General Insurance becomes the 4th insurer to offer drone cover. HDFC Ergo was the first insurer to launch a drone insurance cover in June 2020, followed by ICICI Lombard in August 2021, and Tata AIG last month.
- The drone insurance product will cover Damage to the Drone and Payload it carries, Third Party Liability, BVLOS (Beyond Visual Line of Sight) Endorsement, and Night Flying Endorsement
About Bajaj Allianz General Insurance:
- Founded: 2001
- Headquarters: Pune, Maharashtra
- CEO & MD: Tapan Singhel
Appointment and Resignation
Praveen Sinha elected as delegate for Asia on the executive committee of the INTERPOL
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) special director Praveen Sinha was elected the delegate for Asia in the executive committee of the International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol) following a tough contest involving China. The committee is headed by UAE.
- In the election, four contestants were China, Singapore, South Korea, and Jordan. India’s National Central Bureau (NCB-India) reached out to its counterparts around the world to campaign for this election. The elections were held in Istanbul, Turkey during the ongoing 89th INTERPOL General Assembly.
- Formed: 1923
- Headquarters: Lyon, France
- President: Kim Jong Yang
- Member states: 195
- Motto: connecting police for a safer world
Rajnish Kumar appointed as an Independent non-executive Director on the Board of Hero MotoCorp
- Two-wheeler major Hero MotoCorp announced the appointment of former chairman of State Bank of India (SBI) Rajnish Kumar as an independent non-executive director on the board of the company.
- Kumar completed his three-year term as chairman of SBI in October 2020. He is currently serving as an Independent Director on the Boards of many other companies including HSBC, Asia Pacific, L&T Infotech, and is also the Non-Executive Chairman of Resilient Innovations (BharatPe).
IAF commissioned 2 Mirage 2000 Fighters from France at Gwalior Air Base
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) received 2-second hand combat aircrafts Mirage 2000 from France at Gwalior airbase as a major boost to the fighter jet fleet of IAF amid border tensions with China and Pakistan.
- With this inclusion, there are a total of 50 Mirage 2000 Fighters in India. The IAF had acquired around 51 Mirages in different batches and they form three squadrons which are all based in the Gwalior Air Force station under the Mirage upgrade deal. The Mirage aircraft are made by Dassault Aviation, France.
Skyroot Aerospace test-fired India’s 1st Privately Built Cryogenic Rocket Engine “Dhawan-1”
- Skyroot Aerospace, a space technology startup based in Hyderabad, has successfully test-fired Dhawan-1, India’s first privately developed fully cryogenic rocket engine.
- This will power the upper stages of its upcoming Vikram-2 orbital launch vehicle. The rocket engine Dhawan-1 is named after Satish Dhawan, an Indian rocket scientist.
- Dhawan-1 is a completely ‘Made-in-India’ cryogenic engine, developed using 3D printing with a superalloy. The engine is fuelled by liquefied natural gas and liquid oxygen—a high-performance, low-cost, and clean rocket fuel.
About Skyroot Aerospace:
- Founded: 12 June 2018
- Headquarters: Hyderabad, Telangana
- Co-founder, CEO & CTO: Pawan Kumar Chandana
- Co-founder, COO: Naga Bharath Daka
Book and Author
A book titled “Bangladesh Liberation@50 Years: ‘Bijoy’ with Synergy, India-Pakistan War 1971” released
- General MM Naravane released a book ‘Bangladesh Liberation @ 50 years: ‘Bijoy’ with Synergy, India-Pakistan war 1971’, a compilation of personal accounts of the war by veterans from India and Pakistan.
- The book is an amalgamation of historical and anecdotal accounts of the 1971 War and comprises authors from both India and Bangladesh. Mostly who fought the war.
- The event was organized by the Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS) at the India International Centre (IIC), Delhi to commemorate 50 Years of India-Bangladesh Friendship as well as the decisive victory in India- Pakistan War 1971.
- An award ceremony was also conducted. The ‘Scholar Warrior Award’ was awarded by the former COAS (Chief of Army Staff) of Bangladesh, Bir Protik to Brigadier Narender Kumar for his outstanding contribution as a warrior and in the field of research.
27 November: National Organ Donation Day
- In India, the ‘National Organ Donation Day’ is observed every year on 27 November for the past 10 years. The day aims to promote awareness and recognize the selfless contribution made by deceased donors to healthcare and mankind re-instill our faith in humanity.
- 2021 marks the 12th National Organ Donation Day. It is organized by the National Organ & Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO) under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS, RBI, SBI, LIC AAO, LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs