Current Affairs 27 August 2021 , Daily GK Update
Daily Current Affairs 2021 : Daily Gk update is most important section for any competitive examination. Current affairs ask from 4-5 Month so here Ambitious Baba regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Ministry of Electronics & IT launches SAMRIDH programme
- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology has launched the “Start-up Accelerators of MeitY for pRoduct Innovation, Development and growth (SAMRIDH)” programme.
- The programme was launched by Shri Ashwini Vaishnav, Union Minister MeitY. The objective of the SAMRIDH programme is to create a conducive platform to Indian Software Product start-ups to enhance their products and securing investments for scaling their business.
NITI Aayog and Cisco launches “WEP Nxt” Women Entrepreneurship Platform
- NITI Aayog in partnership with Cisco has launched the next phase of the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) titled “WEP Nxt” to foster women entrepreneurship in India.
- WEP, which was launched by NITI Aayog in 2017, is a first-of-its-kind, unified portal that brings together women from diverse backgrounds and offers them access to a multitude of resources, support, and learning.
International (Current Affairs)
Copenhagen Safe Cities Index 2021: New Delhi at 48th and Mumbai at 50th place
- Copenhagen, the capital city of Denmark, has been named as the world’s safest city from among 60 global cities, in Safe Cities Index 2021, released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
- Yangon (Myanmar) is at the bottom of the index, as least safe cit. New Delhi is placed at 48th position, while Mumbai is at 50th place.
- In 2021, cities are ranked based on 76 indicators of security across five broad pillars, which are digital, health, infrastructure, personal and environmental.
World’s top 10 Safest cities
- Hong Kong
Samsung India ropes in Alia Bhatt as brand ambassador for its foldable smartphone portfolio
- Samsung India has roped in actor Alia Bhatt as the brand ambassador for its premium Galaxy Z Series foldable smartphones.
- Over the course of the next few days, weeks and months, Bhatt will be involved in a robust campaign that entails digital and outdoor activations.
Note: List of brand ambassador appointed recently
- Biotechnology company MyLab: Akshay Kumar
- PUMA Motorsport in India: Yuvraj Singh
- OnePlus wearables: Jasprit Bumrah
- Eurosport: John Abraham
- HomeLane: MS Dhoni
- Cashify: Rajkummar Rao
- Amway India: Mirabai Chanu
Sonu Sood to be brand ambassador for Delhi’s mentorship initiative
- Bollywood actor Sonu Sood will become the brand ambassador for the Delhi government’s ambitious ‘Desh Ke Mentor’ initiative, chief minister Arvind Kejriwal announced on 27th Aug.
- Sonu Sood met Kejriwal at the national capital, a day after the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief announced that his government would soon come up with “the most progressive” film policy in India that would provide a massive boost to the entertainment industry.
Carol Furtado appoints as interim CEO of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank has named Carol Furtado as the interim CEO of the bank after the whole time CEO Nitin Chugh resigned recently. She has also been appointed as the officer on special duty (OSD) of the bank.
- Furtado is currently serving as the CEO of Ujjivan Financial Services, the holding company of the bank. The appointment is subject to the approval of the Reserve Bank of India.
Note: About Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
- Headquarters: Bengaluru;
- Founder: Samit Ghosh;
- Founded: 28 December 2004.
RBI approves appointment of Hitendra Dave as CEO of HSBC India
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the appointment of Hitendra Dave as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of HSBC Bank (India).
- RBI has accorded the approval for a period of three years with effect from August 24, 2021. Dave succeeds Surendra Rosha who, after three years, is moving to Hong Kong as the Co-Chief Executive of HSBC, Asia-Pacific.
Note: About HSBC Bank India
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1853.
NSG commandos undertake counter-terrorist drills ‘Gandiv’ across country
- Multiple cities in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and the National Capital Region are hosting synchronised commando drills as part of a national mock exercise being carried out by the counter-terrorist force National Security Guard (NSG) to check its response time and reaction to hostage and hijack-like situations.
- The third edition of the week-long annual exercise called ‘Gandiv’ was launched at these locations by the NSG from August 22 and it will continue till August 28.
List of military domestic exercises
- Paschim Lehar
- Vayu Shakti
- Vijay Prahar
- Megh Prahar
- ‘Chang Thang’
- “Him Vijay”
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
- Click here to Get Daily Wise Current Affairs
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series REASONING Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|